Becoming your own

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Rickjames125
x3tc

Becoming your own

Post by Rickjames125 » Thu, 10. Nov 11, 19:45

You know What Id love to be in X-Rebirth? the Option to somehow establish yourself and create a action/race. That way you could have multiple shipyards producing ships and having your own separate economy! I Imagine it would actually fit the game since It wouldn't alter the plot or the mechanics to much. I'm not asking for planetary stuff but maybe building things on planets from space? Maybe kind of like EvE? or if not that just a way to again make your own faction and create or have a cluster of unknown sectors for doing so. Id find myself Even more in love with the X Series if something like this were implemented. Surely Im not the only one who is wanting this? :roll:

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Thu, 10. Nov 11, 21:21

The X series already is like what you described. You are the faction called "Your Name" and you can build factories/stations in unknown sectors all by yourself. You can have a mini-faction that grows with your money.

shireknight
x3tc

Post by shireknight » Thu, 10. Nov 11, 22:57

Rickjames125 is exactly right this what is missing from the X-games, you can't make your own faction and you can't expand as an empire, I've been saying this myself for many, many years and it really needs to be incorporated into the game, even if it's only as a secondary game mode.

What you can do in the X-games is create a fleet out of the best of all the other factions ship designs and then build a huge trading empire spread out throughout their sectors.

What you can't do in the X-games is create your own individual ships and then build an empire yourself stretching out across the universe because you can't take sectors from anybody else and make them belong to you.

The X-games are in my mind perfect apart from this one glaringly obvious flaw in their design.
My (new) PC:-

Intel® Core™ i7-4770 processor (3.4 GHz, 8 MB cache)
Microsoft Windows 10
16 GB DDR3 Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB GDDR5

Nick 031287
x3tc

Post by Nick 031287 » Fri, 11. Nov 11, 03:37

shireknight wrote:Rickjames125 is exactly right this what is missing from the X-games, you can't make your own faction and you can't expand as an empire, I've been saying this myself for many, many years and it really needs to be incorporated into the game, even if it's only as a secondary game mode.

What you can do in the X-games is create a fleet out of the best of all the other factions ship designs and then build a huge trading empire spread out throughout their sectors.

What you can't do in the X-games is create your own individual ships and then build an empire yourself stretching out across the universe because you can't take sectors from anybody else and make them belong to you.

The X-games are in my mind perfect apart from this one glaringly obvious flaw in their design.
from what i read somewhere on the forum from Bernd. is that you can design your own capital ships. so perhapes the game will go as far as having a proper sector control system. an to add to that maybe have Region control in sector as well an if you control all regions the sector is yours

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Fri, 11. Nov 11, 03:43

There is 2 place in x games where all the money comming from. Eq docks and trading stations. Also killed n replaced NPCs buying stuff again from you. That is funny non of the EQ docks , shpyards and trading stations require food or water for their operation. I really wish to know how the shpyards produce anything without raw materials or resources of any kind.
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

Skillzfire
x3ap

Post by Skillzfire » Fri, 11. Nov 11, 06:30

hokiturmix wrote:There is 2 place in x games where all the money comming from. Eq docks and trading stations. Also killed n replaced NPCs buying stuff again from you. That is funny non of the EQ docks , shpyards and trading stations require food or water for their operation. I really wish to know how the shpyards produce anything without raw materials or resources of any kind.

you want to know why? here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7e0777z ... re=related
... answer solved :D

but i would like to create my own faction, it would be named the umpa lumpa legion! with out bightly colard ships we will upa lumpa yo ass to dooooooom
Death is not a hunter unbeknownst to its prey, one is always aware that it lies in wait. Though life merely a journey to the grave, it must not be undertaken without hope. Only then will a traveler's story live on, treasured by who bid him farewell. But alas, my guest's life has ended, his tale left unwritten

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 11. Nov 11, 12:31

shireknight wrote:What you can't do in the X-games is create your own individual ships and then build an empire yourself stretching out across the universe because you can't take sectors from anybody else and make them belong to you.
Imho taking over sectors and designing own ships wouldn't solve the underlying problem. More important would be that the races and non-player characters themselves have to react differently towards the player (based on his progress). In current X-Games if all docking clamps of a certain station are taken, it doesn't matter if you're a little trader with one TS class ship or a Tycoon owning hundreds of trading ships. You always have to wait for another ship to undock before one of your ships can dock to that station. You can also have the biggest fleet of battle ships and the best ranks to all races, but still the races won't call for help, when Xenon or Khaak attack their sectors.
That's imho the real problem. No matter, what you do, the general behaviour of the races towards the player is too indifferent.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

davetheterran

Post by davetheterran » Sat, 12. Nov 11, 15:48

While i dont think creating a faction is a real option as in nation /race terms after all you are Human -Boron -Argon -Split or Teldi or whatever lol .I would love to see us able to fight our pwn little conflicts maybe against the NPC companies already in game .After all we are building a industrial / military company and challenging the likes of Terracorp -Jeffeson ect just how much fun could we have if 1 or 2 tried to stop us by attacking us and vice versa it would defiantly give us motivation to keep building our company and ships ect if we where at war with another company and to try and get allies whether another NPC company or pirate and to take over the enemy operations .Because atm in the end game there is no real challenges for you once you have done the plots and captured ships ect what is left to do but restart.With this you can just keep going to you are the only major company in the universe if desired which gives us a kind of empire lol.Also what X2 says is true more interaction from the races would help no end.

Rickjames125
x3tc

Post by Rickjames125 » Sat, 12. Nov 11, 17:03

davetheterran wrote:While i dont think creating a faction is a real option as in nation /race terms after all you are Human -Boron -Argon -Split or Teldi or whatever lol .I would love to see us able to fight our pwn little conflicts maybe against the NPC companies already in game .After all we are building a industrial / military company and challenging the likes of Terracorp -Jeffeson ect just how much fun could we have if 1 or 2 tried to stop us by attacking us and vice versa it would defiantly give us motivation to keep building our company and ships ect if we where at war with another company and to try and get allies whether another NPC company or pirate and to take over the enemy operations .Because atm in the end game there is no real challenges for you once you have done the plots and captured ships ect what is left to do but restart.With this you can just keep going to you are the only major company in the universe if desired which gives us a kind of empire lol.Also what X2 says is true more interaction from the races would help no end.
This to me would make the game right here. And well obviously not race but more of companies, that is if they played a more important role in Rebirth since i could never do company missions in TC because theyd never show up.

davetheterran

Post by davetheterran » Sat, 12. Nov 11, 19:02

Thanks Rickjames glad u like the idea.Also to expand on the interaction point i cant see any reason why as ur company and military might grows why the Nations /Races or NPC companies wouldnt send u posts asking u to help repulse /defend sectors or help in attacks on other races /companies or pirate factions. I also cant see why a race cant gain soverinty over a sector note Nations /Races only not us players Maybe for exclusive rights to supply certain goods for a specific time or for experimental modules for u to produce for them ect or to fit to ur own ships .It will of course depend on how much race /NPC standing u have and the size of your company and military might but these can be triggered by setting certain limits /goals ect like ur earning x amount per hr and have 100 capital ships ect.Thus as u grow ur relationships change from wanting to do jobs for the nations/races or NPCs to they asking u for help.It will also add another dynamic for us to consider political and financial and does it fit in with our goals to upset this or that race /faction /company ect

kilerkg
x4

Post by kilerkg » Mon, 14. Nov 11, 02:42

This would be amazing if not taking over sectors from the main races then taking out different corporations and their sectors it would provide much better end game competing with another corporation and pirates could play a part having a bounty war on each other similar to sins of a solar empire.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

jernaugurgeh
x3tc

Post by jernaugurgeh » Mon, 14. Nov 11, 12:44

hokiturmix wrote:There is 2 place in x games where all the money comming from. Eq docks and trading stations. Also killed n replaced NPCs buying stuff again from you. That is funny non of the EQ docks , shpyards and trading stations require food or water for their operation. I really wish to know how the shpyards produce anything without raw materials or resources of any kind.
Asking ALL stations to require food and water to operate may be going a little too far, I know it adds realism but the quantities required relative to the raw materials they need for their end products would be tiny. Where I definitely agree with you is raw materials for EQ docks and ship yards. EQ docks should consume things like Micro Chips, Computer Components and ECells at a rapid rate and Shipyards should need an endless supply of Ore (or alloys - not sure how the wares will work in XR) and Energy.

This would also open up the possibility of slowly squeezing the life out of a particular race / corporation. Cut off their supply of raw materials and they produce / spawn fewer ships and factories meaning their economy and military slowly grinds to a halt.

I'd also like to see the planets brought into things a little more. Not to be able to land and trade with directly, but every planetary sector should have some sort of "Planetary Trade Hub", which buys (and sells) materials for the planet itself - the greater the population of the sector, the more this trade hub consumes. Adding this + EQ / Shipyard raw materials would hugely increase the scale of the economy as they would be be major consumers of every ware in the game. Perhaps allow the player to take control of these as some kind of high level reward with a race - taking a cut of every transaction or simply having a monopoly over a particular planet - of course if you fail to supply sufficiently you may get kicked out - this could also form the basis of "owning" sectors - control of planetary trade constitutes owning. This also gets around the issue of setting up your own "race" in order to own sectors as each race would simply be setting up long term and very lucrative trade contracts with massive corps. The sector stays as Argon / Split or whatever but you have control. If you get in their bad books they will attempt to relieve you of control - if you've kept the planet well supplied then the population may well side with you and the sector is then fully yours. Bit of a wandering splurge of ideas there but hopefully I've made my point.

Sorry if this has drifted a little off the original topic...

Taking the idea of battling corporations for supremacy, by cutting off their supply lines you'll shrink them down, starving their factories of resources - when a factory has been unable to produce for long enough its workers could abandon it, looking for work elsewhere, opening up more opportunities for the player to expand their sphere of influence.

...there we go, slightly more related to the OP now!

Rabiator der II.
x3ap

What it would take, IMHO...

Post by Rabiator der II. » Mon, 14. Nov 11, 22:43

shireknight wrote:Rickjames125 is exactly right this what is missing from the X-games, you can't make your own faction and you can't expand as an empire, I've been saying this myself for many, many years and it really needs to be incorporated into the game, even if it's only as a secondary game mode.

Obviously, there are a lot of details to be handled to make the player empire fully self-supporting. First, you would need player shipyards. The player HQ is a step in that direction, but
a) you can have only one of these, which eventually becomes a bottleneck
b) the HQ cannot produce stations AFAIK (I'm fairly new to X³ and haven't done the HQ plot yet) and it requires credits to produce ships in addition to resources. Credits come from interacting with NPCs, a player empire has no money source of its own.

Fix the above limitations somehow, and you have a nice start.

Designing your own ships would be the next step. It seems that X-Rebirth will have the beginnings of that (with capships and the player ship), and I guess that could be extended to smaller ship classes. Looks entirely doable. Maybe even in a X-Rebirth mod, depending on how much is hard-coded and how much is scripted :)

And finally, the taking of sectors. Here, I guess a copy of the EvE Online "sovereignty" concept could work:
Occupy a system by setting up certain key installations and destroying the same installations in possession of the old owners, and after some time, the system is yours. Of course, you must handle counterattacks, at least for a while :D
But I think for that one we'd need to convince Egosoft that it is worthwhile :wink:

handzon
x3tc

Post by handzon » Thu, 24. Nov 11, 06:42

i like the ideas here, i have built,stolen,repaired lots of ships in xtc, what i would like to see is an npc market for those ships, and then the idea of owning a shipyard might seem appealing. sure i can simply flog reconditioned ships at the various races ship yards, easy credits but whats a good solar neighborhood with out an dodgy secondhand ship dealer. :goner:
Handzon c.e.o at SPARTRANS TRADING CO.
[ external image ]

Sir Warwick
x4

Post by Sir Warwick » Wed, 28. Dec 11, 04:11

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
shireknight wrote:What you can't do in the X-games is create your own individual ships and then build an empire yourself stretching out across the universe because you can't take sectors from anybody else and make them belong to you.
Imho taking over sectors and designing own ships wouldn't solve the underlying problem. More important would be that the races and non-player characters themselves have to react differently towards the player (based on his progress). In current X-Games if all docking clamps of a certain station are taken, it doesn't matter if you're a little trader with one TS class ship or a Tycoon owning hundreds of trading ships. You always have to wait for another ship to undock before one of your ships can dock to that station. You can also have the biggest fleet of battle ships and the best ranks to all races, but still the races won't call for help, when Xenon or Khaak attack their sectors.
That's imho the real problem. No matter, what you do, the general behaviour of the races towards the player is too indifferent.
Or more to the point - have otas or whoever offer you a ceasefire and commericially generous terms for their surrender when you obviously have a fleet perfectly able to erase their entire corporation. Hostile takovers - pulverise jf into submission so you get to own the highway tech ;)

I like the idea of the player having their own research tree such that they can have unique products, or at least unique variations of them - ships and weapons would be an obvious case.

Sectors that are your own - and therefore other race/corp police/military incursions consistute an act of war unless you have specifically given them permission by means of an alliance - ie its your hostile fleet giving them the 1 minute ultimatum to sod off unless they want war.

And that makes you own core sectors generally safer places for your factories etc unless you are actually at war with someone.

If you are on equal terms with corps (as a corp in your right right rather than a jumped up trader), then they have reasons to commits acts of industrial espionage and sabotage against you - and you vs them, to gain research, blueprints for station modules, ships, weapons, tech etc.

ollobrains
x2

Post by ollobrains » Wed, 28. Dec 11, 08:02

expandable sectors into proceduarally generated new space dependant upon the players pc resources

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Wed, 28. Dec 11, 19:56

this would be great but as it was already said here the game then needs a proper response system, some way of acknowledging existence of player - maybe if your corporation/empire/whatever is too aggressive and went on a conquering spree then other corporations/nations unite against you. The more aggressive you are the more factions will become your enemies, at the same time you should also be able to become an ally of someone though long-term trade agreements or maybe mutual defense pact, or by not taxing traders of each other (free trading space of a sort). But then you would of course need ship-production facilities, factories and also a very important thing is you create your own faction it shouldn't consist of you and your AI, because honestly how many actual "persons" you have in your gigantic trade empire in TC? I had 50 mk3 traders and around 10-20 CLS pilots everything else is done by AI (shows your name in pilot info). There should be some way of NPC's appearing in your territory - maybe as you become prosperous some NPC's ask for permission to build their factories in your territory which generate taxes and enable you to trade with them (you do not own those factories). Having lower taxes and more "promising" economy would attract more NPC's. Looking out for those NPC's by making sure your areas are safe from pirate/xenon/khaak/whatever enemy faction appears in XR would also attract more people. Appearance of those NPC's would solve the problem of credits only appearing through trade with other factions, Of course trading with other corporations would still probably generate more credits (at least on an early phase) but your empire would generate some on its own. It could go as far as being able to establish marine training barracks if your sectors have a lot of NPC's in them. And the money paid to "your" (the ones in your territory) NPC's wouldnt be "in vain" they would use it for further development/buying resources (from you) and etc.

Rickjames125
x3tc

Post by Rickjames125 » Thu, 29. Dec 11, 00:49

You know whatd be awesome? If random AI Companies could be started and have contracts with other companies for shipping items for so long and the total amount. That way you could cut off a companies supply or even a races military supplies to weaken them.

Mike2988
xr

Post by Mike2988 » Thu, 29. Dec 11, 03:55

it would be nice to include bounty on you from piracy more bounty on you more bounty hunter or/and pirates comes to kill you that means even m3 m4 class ships coming to get you if the bounty is very high if is even higher then a m2, it would be a good challenge :P and if you stop piracy the bounty will drop overtime little by little the bounty will be placed on you by the race you attacked,capture or destroyed if there ar more races that places bounty on you then you get attacked more often or by more ships.

Aragosnat
x4

Post by Aragosnat » Sun, 15. Jan 12, 08:33

Yeah. And use your rep to see how far away from their boarders they will attack your ships. With the lowest rep the will attack you anywhere you are and once they destroy equal to or greater assests then you have taken / destroyed. Your rep imroves slowly till they stop the active hunt for your carcuss. Nice idea. But, hard to imlement I know.

Also we should be able to buy our rep with each race like they had in Reunion. True the rep gain was small. But, it sometimes speed the game up just enough to get back into their good graces.
Chain Maille Armor
Profitzz
May this spacefly bother you.
[ external image ]
TC: 32+ Squidie (Steam DiD) deaths and counting since around June 18, 2012.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”