[SCRIPT] ADAMS - AAH (Advanced Apology Hotkey - V1)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

(----____JEFF____----)
x3tc

[SCRIPT] ADAMS - AAH (Advanced Apology Hotkey - V1)

Post by (----____JEFF____----) » Thu, 3. Nov 11, 23:50

• Advanced Defense and Management Systems - Advanced Apology Hotkey
    (ADAMS - AAH)
Intro:
  • Ever been annoyed by that single laser tower that still hates you while you are a hero of the owning race? Ever wondered why that Boron station is still hostile while you never even shot a Boron?
    Here is the answer! With this simple hotkey you can now apologize to anything you want!
What it is:
  • It's a hotkey that can change a hostile object to neutral. This is not intended to be a cheat! So there are rules and limitations to it in order to prevent abuse (though that might need balancing). There is a range limit of 25KM, a player has to have positive notoriety with the race he apologizes to and spamming the hotkey will turn targets hostile again (and increase the notoriety requirement to get the apology accepted).
Usage:
  • First assign a key to the hotkey via the control options. Then approach whatever you want to apologize to to within 25KM (comm range) and target it. With the thing targeted, press the hotkey and if you have enough notoriety (and didn't apologize recently to it) the target will turn neutral.

If you apologize too often, things can get annoyed and can turn hostile again. This will also increase notoriety requirements, meaning it'll be harder to turn it neutral again. Notoriety requirements slowly decrease over time, meaning if you leave something alone long enough your apology will get accepted easier again (you always need at least neutral status with a race though).

I advice you to NOT use this hotkey on hostile mission targets, simply because I don't know what will happen. Feel free to try it if you're brave enough, but I'm not responsible for any problems that might cause. I honestly don't think a lot will change (except you might have to take out a neutral target instead of a hostile one), but for the sake of safety and challenge I advice against it.
Download: Installation:
  • Very easy, just run the .spk and that should be it. atm there is no feedback, the only indication you've installed it is the hotkey in the control options.

Note: I personally consider this a Beta stage script, there is still some balancing that needs to be done and maybe it's also nice to have some feedback besides your target turning neutral or hostile (for instance a warning message to let you know you're pushing it would be nice, right?). If anyone has tips or their opinion on how I could improve this script you're welcome to voice it.

Updates and removal:
  • Should both be very easy. To update all you have to do is install the new .spk and to remove just remove the files. After removing the files the hotkey should disappear after a while (a few minutes max).
Compatibility:
  • I've only tested it in vanilla so far, but it doesn't use test files, command slots or any of that stuff so afaik it's nearly impossible to get a conflict. The only thing that can happen is that other scripts might modify the friend/neutral/foe status of objects, this script can't stop nor influence those scripts. This script doesn't modify notoriety in anyway so it shouldn't cause conflicts on that side either.
Balancing:
  • I would really appreciate it if you guys help me balance it better.

Right now you can apologize roughly 3 times before a target turns hostile again. Each time you apologize you add ~2,5 minutes to be able to get another apology accepted (so pressing the hotkey 3x means you have to wait 7,5 minutes to get another apology accepted). This increases further when you apologize so fast that you turn a target hostile again (to ~5 minutes per rejected apology).
    Notoriety requirements increase by 10 points at a time and by 60 if you apologized the target hostile (and keep apologizing after that). The notoriety requirement decreases at 1 point per minute.
    These might seem short, but the player won't see them and if he/she apologizes before the target has "regenerated" the apology will be refused and more time will be added. The aim is to kinda get the effect that the player really has to go do something else and comeback later when he/she can be sure things have settled down and the target might forgive them for their actions :P
Last edited by (----____JEFF____----) on Sat, 27. Oct 12, 00:10, edited 7 times in total.

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Thu, 3. Nov 11, 23:57

Looks good, I will try this out.
Checked the sponsored link as well because I am nice ;)
In Flames We Trust
Listening to Whitechapel soothes the soul!! :D     ¹ ¤ ¹      But, the nuns are watching...
Samuel Creshal wrote:Keyboards: What separates the men from the boys.
XRM Trailer - XRM Installation Guide Video

(----____JEFF____----)
x3tc

Post by (----____JEFF____----) » Fri, 4. Nov 11, 00:03

Thanks ;)

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Fri, 4. Nov 11, 00:18

I was wondering if it works on all 'red' fabs located within the pirates country ?
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

(----____JEFF____----)
x3tc

Post by (----____JEFF____----) » Fri, 4. Nov 11, 00:31

Depends on your pirate rep. If you're a true pirate (aka have a 0 or more notoriety rank with them) you can turn their stations neutral (and other pirate stuff as well). If you're not really a pirate though it probably won't work as your pirate rep will most likely be negative.

There is no harm in asking them once or twice ;) Just don't spam, that's all.

btw, I realize you can't see pirate rep normally, but I think there are scripts that allow you to check it out and otherwise I'm just going to say that's not the purpose of this script (to display pirate rep that is).

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Fri, 4. Nov 11, 01:49

Well I have a totally pirate char on my other save and nearly all races have banned my presence in their sectors, reputation is on level 2 (I use script - display ranks - to reveal the rank) and I'd like to do some trading with the pirate stations. So your script sends an apology if player rep is more than zero ?
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

(----____JEFF____----)
x3tc

Post by (----____JEFF____----) » Fri, 4. Nov 11, 10:23

You still have to send the apology yourself (with the hotkey), but it'll only get accepted if your rep is above zero. If your rep is below zero the timer is still started and the rep requirement is also increased (this is not permanent though, only temporary), so if you try it many times with a hostile station that can also make it harder to get an apology accepted (on the short term). That said, if your rep is more then 0 it should always get accepted the first time.

TL;DR: You should be fine in your pirate save and be able to turn hostile pirate stations neutral (and also their ships, laser towers and anything else they might have floating in space that you can target).

m00nch1ld
x3ap

Post by m00nch1ld » Thu, 29. Mar 12, 21:41

Exactly the thing i was looking for!... Thx buddy :thumb_up:

SS_T
x3ap

Post by SS_T » Fri, 17. Oct 14, 21:43

Seems dl is broken, backup here:

[ external image ]
Last edited by SS_T on Thu, 26. Nov 15, 17:50, edited 1 time in total.
New XDownloads: http://xdownloads.co.uk

(----____JEFF____----)
x3tc

Post by (----____JEFF____----) » Sat, 18. Oct 14, 12:19

Woops, forgot to keep my hosting active. Link in the main post should be up again.

redagent

Post by redagent » Wed, 25. Feb 15, 22:29

Does it compatible with X3:AP.3.1?

X_Univerce Plugin manager advanced v.1.47
refuses to install
ADAMS - AAH-V1-3.11.2011.spk
with message
"For Wrong Game. Requires: X3:Terran Conflict "

All_Names_Already_Taken
x3ap

Post by All_Names_Already_Taken » Tue, 3. Mar 15, 01:48

Works fine for me.

Privet by the way

redagent

Post by redagent » Tue, 3. Mar 15, 04:05

All_Names_Already_Taken wrote:Works fine for me.

Privet by the way
Privet! :)
Maybe you have another version of the script? Could you check it please?
Apologize for Grammar! English is not my first language.
Played X2 for months. Played X3 for years. Played XR for one week. Now playing X3...

All_Names_Already_Taken
x3ap

Post by All_Names_Already_Taken » Tue, 3. Mar 15, 15:26

redagent wrote:
All_Names_Already_Taken wrote:Works fine for me.

Privet by the way
Privet! :)
Maybe you have another version of the script? Could you check it please?
No, same version as in first post of this script. When you install it for AP, you will get the message because when creating SPK author chose to specify game version in SPK creator. It is purely informative PM feature and doesnt nessesary mean that script will not work in AP. Just ignore the message and install.

redagent

Post by redagent » Wed, 4. Mar 15, 04:59

Ok. I'll try. Thanks!
Apologize for Grammar! English is not my first language.
Played X2 for months. Played X3 for years. Played XR for one week. Now playing X3...

NightExcessive
x3ap

Post by NightExcessive » Thu, 26. May 16, 23:34

It appears that your web hosting account has been suspended. :(

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 27. May 16, 14:54

xdownloads link:

[ external image ]
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

greghar
x3

Re: [SCRIPT] ADAMS - AAH (Advanced Apology Hotkey - V1)

Post by greghar » Wed, 24. Oct 18, 22:03

Nope Plugin Mgr Lite refuses to install this script as the install button remains greyed out and unable to click install. Is there another way to install this script using X3AP ?

Nvm, up top of the install feautre shows the script name and you must check the box to the left of it. Then the install key lights up and can be pressed to install. Thanks much, love this script.

PJG1973

Post by PJG1973 » Fri, 7. May 21, 15:53

Sorry if I sound stupid, I tried the download but I can't run the spk file. Do I need to put it somewhere? Do I need special software to run it? Does having a steam version make a difference?

I'm only trying to use this as M148 military base is red and I cant finish OFF. (Already finished Terran Plot)
:evil:

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 7. May 21, 16:48

.spk files can be installed with the Plugin Manager.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”