Destroying red laser tower without rep loss

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

AL'42
x3tc

Destroying red laser tower without rep loss

Post by AL'42 » Sun, 23. Oct 11, 14:23

So I’ve made friends with the Split and Paranid but there’s loads of red laser towers all over their sectors, does anyone know a clever way to destroy them without rep loss?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 23. Oct 11, 14:36

u could make better friends with them, and that'll reduce the rep loss when you destroy them.

also means you only need to do a mission or 2 to restore your rep.

you could also try the missile trick

zidder
xr

Post by zidder » Sun, 23. Oct 11, 16:55

I have a better trick... shoot typhoon missiles to lasertower and jump to same sector before missiles hit the lasertower. No rep loss! Working always with any ship, building.

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Sun, 23. Oct 11, 17:29

zidder wrote:I have a better trick... shoot typhoon missiles to lasertower and jump to same sector before missiles hit the lasertower. No rep loss! Working always with any ship, building.
Player has to be in sector for missiles to hit target, if you jump missiles won't reach target. You need to bring another ship in to fire missiles and order it to jump after launching it's missiles.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

LT trouble

Post by Bill Huntington » Sun, 23. Oct 11, 17:45

Al'42, sometimes missiles don't work because the LT shoots them down too fast. I don't know why it works sometimes and not others.

Many times the LT is in a spot that will cause trouble. I just ram those. There is some rep loss, but not as much as shooting them up.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

AL'42
x3tc

Post by AL'42 » Sun, 23. Oct 11, 18:18

zidder wrote:I have a better trick... shoot typhoon missiles to lasertower and jump to same sector before missiles hit the lasertower. No rep loss! Working always with any ship, building.
Early game, still flying an M4 but got a ship return mission for a Viper (which I’ve kept), so bought a few tomahawks, tried them out, but they got shot down. You're right, I think it’ll have to be a powerful swarm type missile like the Typhoon for it to work.... time to go make friends with the Teladi I guess.

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Sun, 23. Oct 11, 18:21

AL'42 wrote:Early game, still flying an M4 but got a ship return mission for a Viper (which I’ve kept), so bought a few tomahawks, tried them out, but they got shot down. You're right, I think it’ll have to be a powerful swarm type missile like the Typhoon for it to work.... time to go make friends with the Teladi I guess.
Before you do, try this. If you can get more Tomahawks, go to Command Console -> Additional Ship Commands -> Missile Barrage. It'll launch the Tomahawks in salvos of eight. One of them might get through.

Fire the barrage, then immediately jump the ship out of the system.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Sun, 23. Oct 11, 20:20

AL'42 wrote:
Early game, still flying an M4 but got a ship return mission for a Viper (which I’ve kept), so bought a few tomahawks, tried them out, but they got shot down. You're right, I think it’ll have to be a powerful swarm type missile like the Typhoon for it to work.... time to go make friends with the Teladi I guess.
What you need to do is draw the LTs fire and bring in your Viper from behind the LT, that way your missiles should hit the LT.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Sun, 23. Oct 11, 20:41

A single barrage of Flails is enough missiles and enough damage to completely flatten a single laser tower.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Sun, 23. Oct 11, 21:25

Triaxx2 wrote:A single barrage of Flails is enough missiles and enough damage to completely flatten a single laser tower.
Viper != Cobra. And unless I'm mistaken, he doesn't have the resources to obtain a Cobra.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”