The player ship: What is it exactly?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sat, 15. Oct 11, 14:08

Antaran wrote:Having a single ship feels like a step backwards in my opinion. I really hope that egosoft does not ruin this franchise by making the game simpler (I mean who would like if they though hmm dogfight is to complex, lets change it to a press of a button and the AI takes care of the rest....[Combat on : Combat off] ), like so many other devs have done...
So far my impression is that the complexity of gameplay elements is increasing, here some examples:

- the construction of stations is about to be changed, and more options are about to be added (boost e.g. defense, production, transportation of goods etc.)
- the fights get additional elements (sub system targeting)
- travelling gets additional elements ("minigames" to e.g. increase speed etc.)
- the one ship is about to be getting more complex interactions - like crew, interior, upgrades, drones etc.
- missions seem to get more variety, as they are more tied to the stations as beforehand

Judging from these changes, I can´t see a dumping down. (And as a player of RPGs, I´ve seen a lot of dumping down in the past)

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Sovereign01
x4

Re: The player ship: What is it exactly?

Post by Sovereign01 » Sun, 16. Oct 11, 01:31

RasdenFasden wrote:I'm excited about X-R. I think prioritising immersion and ease of use will make me play this series again.
Because the player ship has such a vital role in this game, I'd really like to know what exactly we'll be using here. How big is it? What ship class does it resemble the most? How will it change over time?
And when I'm at it, how will the spaceflight physics compare to X3?
Personally I want to know what it's going to look like, from the way it's been described so far, the NPC interaction is going to resemble Starcraft 2 :D

I'd also light to know what kinds of weapons are going to be in XR, whether they're an evolution of what we have or completely new, and also, whether there are going to be any new races :D

Mike2988
xr

Post by Mike2988 » Sun, 16. Oct 11, 04:01

capital ships ar way bigger from other x series from what i saw in video :)

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”