[MD] Ranks for Xenon, Kha'ak, Pirates and Yaki [V1.03][09/21/2011]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Commander SAMU
x4

[MD] Ranks for Xenon, Kha'ak, Pirates and Yaki [V1.03][09/21/2011]

Post by Commander SAMU » Wed, 21. Sep 11, 19:32

Ranks for Xenon, Kha'ak, Pirates and Yaki

English - Deutsch

This MD-Script extends the pilot information with ranks for Xenon, Kha'ak, Pirates and Yaki. The current rate for each race will be correctly refreshed as it is working for other races and companies. Thats possible because the game provides these information but does not show it to the player. The new ranks will be listed in the company section. Inspired by Numeric Race Rank Titles by Gazz rank numbers will also be shown. In contrast to his version I use numbering from -5 to 10 as normally used by Egosoft.

Unfortunately Egosoft does not make any proposals for titles of the new ranks. Therefore I designed them by myself, hope you like them ;)

Thanks to Nicoman35 for the English translation!

The rank titles are called as follows: Screenshot: [ external image ]
[ external image ] Installation:
  • 1. Extract the downloaded zip archive into the X3 TC main folder.
    2. Start the game.
[ external image ]

Compatibility:
  • Ranks for Xenon, Kha'ak, Pirates and Yaki should run with every version of X3 TC.
[ external image ]

Technical Details:
  • Used language files: 7004-L044 and 7004-L049
[ external image ]

Changelog:
  • V. 1.03 (09/21/2011) - English release
Last edited by Commander SAMU on Wed, 21. Sep 11, 21:58, edited 3 times in total.

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Wed, 21. Sep 11, 20:45

How do you mean the ranks will be listed in the company section. I also thought being allies of the Xennon, Khaak and some Pirates was impossible. Im confused and not even drunk yet!

Commander SAMU
x4

Post by Commander SAMU » Wed, 21. Sep 11, 21:04

Sorry I forgot to add a Screenshot (in english)
[ external image ]

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 21. Sep 11, 21:39

Lord_Dakier wrote:How do you mean the ranks will be listed in the company section. I also thought being allies of the Xennon, Khaak and some Pirates was impossible. Im confused and not even drunk yet!
Kha'ak and Xenon aren't very useful since you can never gain rep with them. You'll always be at -5. For the Pirates and the Yaki, however, you can advance to the highest rank, if you wish.

@Commander SAMU: Nice. However, could you make a version adding only the Pirates and Yaki? Since the Xenon and Kha'ak are irrelevant for most of us, removing them would make the race listing a bit less cluttered. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Commander SAMU
x4

Post by Commander SAMU » Wed, 21. Sep 11, 22:07

Well I thought there are some mods out there where you can play as Xenon/Khaak or get reputation. I dont use them but I like to see all races in my list :)
And Yaki and Pirates ranks are very helpful. For example if you want hack a pirate/yaki station. As far as I know the station will only become neutral if you are not at bad reputation.
Or if you want to start the missions at Dukes. You can kill their HQ (or let it kill by KI) and wait until its respawn. Only if you are at good reputation the station will become neutral.
That was the basic idea why I created this script.

But I added a smaller version for you ;)

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 21. Sep 11, 22:24

Thank you, kind sir. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Wed, 21. Sep 11, 23:47

Cracking bit of coding there Commander SAMU. Thanks for giving me the last piece of the jigsaw :)
Still life in the old dog yet...

Phezzan
xr

Post by Phezzan » Thu, 22. Sep 11, 07:54

The Winner, It's YOU! :D

Werruraz
x4

Post by Werruraz » Sun, 25. Sep 11, 01:31

Accidently stumbled across this, looks great but does it add the Modified tag?

Chiumanfu

Post by Chiumanfu » Mon, 26. Sep 11, 22:35

I tried unzipping to the game folder. All the files in the t folder are there. The director folder was created with one file inside. When I start the game, my pilot screen is the same, no change. Is there something special I have to do to enable the mod?

Yacek
x3tc

Post by Yacek » Tue, 27. Sep 11, 16:53

Chiumanfu wrote:I tried unzipping to the game folder. All the files in the t folder are there. The director folder was created with one file inside. When I start the game, my pilot screen is the same, no change. Is there something special I have to do to enable the mod?
You need to change the game on *modified*
By installing some other script that will do it automatically, or Opening The Script Editor.
X3:AP 3.1+XRM 1.30d+MSP 1.7+LoCo 2.01+IR 2.0
Zapraszamy wszystkich chętnych na forum XUDB, gdzie znajdziesz FAQ, opisy skryptów, modów i fabuł, oraz Mamut HQ.
[ external image ]

Kodiak88
x3tc

Post by Kodiak88 » Tue, 4. Oct 11, 18:54

The download links seem to be down at the moment; does anyone have a new link?

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 8. Oct 11, 02:19

Been busy for the past couple of months and missed the release of this, certainly is going on the recommended list for my AWRM/Xtra Starts :D

I award this... two half-pounder chilli burgers, a yard of the best real ale, with a few shots of the best single malt scotch! :)
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Dimmell

Post by Dimmell » Fri, 14. Oct 11, 19:03

Russian 7004-L007.xml - Russian translation

[ external image ]

Akrilloth
x3tc

Post by Akrilloth » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 17:42

Hey! is there a mod like this for AP?

Blake00
xr

Post by Blake00 » Tue, 13. Mar 12, 17:01

YES!!! I've wanted something like this for so long! Thankyou! :)
Blake's Sanctum:
- Total Conversion mods: Star Trek Doom 2, & Star Wars Civilization 2
- Game Shrines: Age of Wonders, Babylon 5 Fan Games, Command & Conquer, Elder Scrolls Series, Dune Games, Final Fantasy, Freelancer, Heroes of Might & Magic, Imperium Galactica Series, Master of Magic, Quest for Glory Series, Starflight, & Star Trek Games
- Movie & TV Shrines: Lord Of The Rings & Hobbit, & Star Trek
- Emulation

Smart_Bomb
x4

Post by Smart_Bomb » Tue, 13. Mar 12, 19:45

awesome!

Does it work for AP?

You know whats next? Missions given from Kha'ak and Xenon ships :D
- Please check out & vote on my X4:F expansion idea thread

[ external image ]

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Tue, 13. Mar 12, 19:46

Smart_Bomb wrote: Does it work for AP?
It works just fine in AP. I am using it for about 3 weeks now. I am also wondering why something as simple in its brilliance as this MD script didn't make it to the bonus pack or something...

m00nch1ld
x3ap

Post by m00nch1ld » Thu, 29. Mar 12, 20:14

Freakin Sweet! Downloading right now.. Thx a lot. The X mod community is the best! :thumb_up:

Super Resistant
x3tc

Post by Super Resistant » Sat, 31. Mar 12, 11:21

Thank you for this great rank idea. It's more realistic this way and titles names are well chosen.
It should be official and i wonder why Egosoft didn't do so :roll: :)

I'd love to play into a Yaki faction in fact, not necessary ennemy with everyone. A little like "Scavengers" faction in Freelancer (smuggling, etc...)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”