[X3TC] In honor of talk like a pirate day...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

rwhiteruff
x3tc

[X3TC] In honor of talk like a pirate day...

Post by rwhiteruff » Mon, 19. Sep 11, 22:00

...I propose we all go out and capture a ship. Doesn't matter what kind. I'm going to do it myself, and then post a picture when I have. :)

Oh and yarr ahoy mehearties and all that!

cmdnenad
x3tc

Post by cmdnenad » Mon, 19. Sep 11, 22:39

I have four hired TLs in Avarice, waiting for my M7M to arrive. :pirat:

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Mon, 19. Sep 11, 22:42

In my pirate game the RNG hasn't been good to me lately, only capped 2 ships out of 200+ ships. :roll:

rwhiteruff
x3tc

Post by rwhiteruff » Mon, 19. Sep 11, 22:48

My trouble right now is picking a likely target with my limited marines. I only have 10 right now in a scabbard and they're scrubs. All 2 fighting except one 4, and nobody's got secondary skills higher than 1-2 stars. :/

Not much I can hope to accomplish.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 19. Sep 11, 23:04

Sounds like you might wanna give them 'scrubs' a bit a book learnin'. :goner: :pirat:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

rwhiteruff
x3tc

Post by rwhiteruff » Mon, 19. Sep 11, 23:06

Nanook wrote:Sounds like you might wanna give them 'scrubs' a bit a book learnin'. :goner: :pirat:
Now that I've got some money, that's possible.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 19. Sep 11, 23:25

I was not after the shiny,
but a favour of the lady.
Left litter on me wake,
and for reason unbeknowst,
a carcass of a robofighter,
all blue 'twas.

Hardly worth to commandeer.

heratik
x3tc

Post by heratik » Tue, 20. Sep 11, 00:11

OOH ARR ME HEARTIES! Tis been a busy day for me pirate gang, but t' spoils are worth it.

An edit t' my there post an' all that: The beauty came wi' some booty too, thirty two of them there IBL, what a treasure I tell ye!

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Tue, 20. Sep 11, 01:10

jlehtone wrote:I was not after the shiny,
but a favour of the lady.
Left litter on me wake,
and for reason unbeknowst,
a carcass of a robofighter,
all blue 'twas.

Hardly worth to commandeer.
Show-off. :lol:

Seriously, though, that was brilliant.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

rwhiteruff
x3tc

Post by rwhiteruff » Tue, 20. Sep 11, 06:51

Alright, I have to admit failure on this. :( I couldn't even capture the Vidar the Terran plot throws at you, and had to take the mulligan turn-over. Bah.

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Tue, 20. Sep 11, 09:00

Not quite what the OP had in mind, but...
Argon News Agency wrote:HERETIC'S END PATROL BASE -- The United Space Command is offering a reward for the whereabouts of a Yokohama-class frigate allegedly hijacked by the Yaki pirate faction at approximately 03:00 Standard Time yesterday morning.

The USS Halsey was on schedule as performing a routine patrol in Saturn Sector Two in the Sol System. At 02:37, Saturn Command received a distress signal from the Halsey reporting a catastrophic loss of engine power. An ATF vessel in the area responded, but arrived in Saturn 2 at 03:13 only to see the Halsey activate a jumpdrive in the midst of her crew's lifeboats and leave the system. The ATF ship attempted unsuccessfully to track the jump, then began recovering the lifeboats.

The surviving crew reported they had abandoned ship after the power loss. Some stated they had seen a small fighter believed to be of Commonwealth design approaching the disabled Halsey. Others described it as a comet fragment.

At approximately 04:50, the USC patrol base in Heretic's End received an anonymous tip that a white M7-class warship had been spotted in the Yaki-controlled system Senator's Badlands in the far "southwest" of the mapped gate network. A task group led by the frigate USS Obama was dispatched to Senator's Badlands to investigate. Obama's captain immediately reported that they were under attack by numerous Yaki fighters but stated the enemy to be taking heavy losses. All contact with the task group was lost shortly thereafter.

At a press conference, USC Admiral Jane Yamamoto informed reporters that the service is offering 15 million Commonwealth credits to information leading to the recovery or destruction of the USS Halsey, and another 5 million for the Yaki involved in her theft, payable dead or alive. "The Commonwealth has allowed the Yaki to run amok in their territory for far too long. That they have grown bold enough to dare a strike so deep into the very home of humanity is testament to this."

Asked if she had any fears regarding the possibility of the Yaki reverse-engineering the Halsey's systems, she responded with a flat no. Asked to elaborate, she said, "Contrary to popular belief, reverse-engineering a device requires you to have a similar technological base. Terran and Commonwealth vessels use two entirely different sets of technologies, as evidenced by our weapons' being entirely non-cross-compatible. I rather doubt they'll even be able to fully repair the Halsey, let alone duplicate it."

Despite these claims, there are already sporadic reports of a Yokohama-class vessel traveling through parts of the Commonwealth. Most are likely rumor, but the USC has vowed to investigate all such sightings.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

LotharHP
x3tc

Post by LotharHP » Tue, 20. Sep 11, 09:36

I hate "TLAP day", but I inadvertantly did this challenge anyway, as I just captured my first ship earlier during one of the early Terran missions. A Nova Raider from a pirate! Repped it to 35% and then sent it off to dock for a bit, while I did more missions. I couldn't tell whether it was a special "pirate" version of the nova raider, didn't get close enough to look for paint. :lol:

heratik
x3tc

Post by heratik » Tue, 20. Sep 11, 11:04

Soooooo

4 TLs, a Boreas, a Yokohama and a Pirate Nova Raider.

A pretty poor show for Talk Like A Pirate day :(

It's a shame that just as I was about to turn off, my crucial 21st marine came out of training, any earlier and I may have added a K to that list :D

Oh well, I will do it tonight. Expect an update :)

Masochisto
x3tc

Post by Masochisto » Tue, 20. Sep 11, 12:36

I also completed this challenge - but inadvertently, as I hadn't read the thread until this morning.

My haul for last night:

3 Deimos
1 Zeus
1 Hyperion Vanguard
2 Hercules
1 Hades

heratik
x3tc

Post by heratik » Tue, 20. Sep 11, 12:38

Awesome work, that's bumps up the numbers significantly :D

blackfire83
x4

Post by blackfire83 » Tue, 20. Sep 11, 13:54

Masochisto wrote:I also completed this challenge - but inadvertently, as I hadn't read the thread until this morning.

My haul for last night:

3 Deimos
1 Zeus
1 Hyperion Vanguard
2 Hercules
1 Hades
Give those Paranid what-for!

(I should be accomplishing similar sprees VERY soon. Damn Marine training takes so long).
Count the bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums...

X3:TC - Battlemaster, Master Industrialist

Masochisto
x3tc

Post by Masochisto » Tue, 20. Sep 11, 15:59

Thanks Gents!

rwhiteruff
x3tc

Post by rwhiteruff » Tue, 20. Sep 11, 18:30

Heh congrats to everyone who took up my slack yesterday! :P

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Tue, 20. Sep 11, 19:37

Ha, I haven't written like that for over five years. I was on the staff of my high school newspaper.

Incidentally, I named the USS Halsey after Admiral William "Bull" Halsey, part of the US Navy Pacific Fleet during World War II.

I've got a couple of additions to my total, as well. I swiped an Osprey and a Pericles Vanguard from Return Ship missions yesterday, the way I did with the Yokohama. Funny thing with the Osprey: I wasn't actually trying to steal it. It arrived at the rightful owner's station about five seconds too late.

So I'm like, "You don't want it? Fine, I'll keep it." And I jumped it from Home of Light to Weaver's Tempest.

I kept the Pericles Vanguard simply for a trophy: you can't buy them in shipyards.

StarSword
x3tc

The Current Totals

Post by StarSword » Tue, 20. Sep 11, 19:47

Currently the total for the X-Forums' 1st Annual* Talk Like a Pirate Day Capping Free-For-All stands at:
  • 1 M1
  • 1 M2
  • 1 M3
  • 1 M4
  • 1 M6
  • 1 M6+
  • 4 M7s
  • 6 TLs
* Yeah, what the hell. Let's make this a yearly thing. :lol:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”