Universal Explorers Continued 2.5.Beta1-XRM (18APR2012)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

FalconGrey
x4

Universal Explorers Continued 2.5.Beta1-XRM (18APR2012)

Post by FalconGrey » Sun, 21. Aug 11, 22:45

Universal Explorers Continued 2.5.b1

The universe explorer scripts allow you to hire a pilot to automatically explore the universe for you. These explorers will gain experience and skills as they traverse the universe to open up new methods of finding unexplored sectors, and more. There are 24 levels in all which are explained in more detail below.

This is a continuation of the Universal Explorers script by 7ate9tin11s. The original thread can be found here: Universal Explorers 2.4.0

What is changed or is changing is updating of the script to reflect the changes in the ship ware such as Salvage Command Suite 4.07 by TECSG.

Features:

---> Player owned M3, M4, M5, and Goner Rangers (and Truelight Seeker in ship mod) may hire a pilot by choosing "Start Universe Explorer..." from the navigation commands. The ship must be equipped with Explorer Command Software.

---> If an explorer enters a sector marked as 'Foe' in their ships friend/foe settings they will retreat and try to find a different unknown sector. I always put pirates as Foe so they survive. Razz

---> As the pilot gains experience they will learn methods to increase the speed of exploring a sector. As with the original Explore Sector command the speed of the scan is very dependent on the installed scanners and speed of the ship.

---> With experience comes more methods of finding unexplored sectors, everything from random known gate wandering to using the players satellite network to communicating with other ships to get directions can eventually be used.

---> Explorers will automatically begin to build up the players satellite network, if one is not in place already. They will also maintain the players satellite network when they notice missing satellites. This feature and the type(s) of satellites used can be toggled in the community menu.

---> Experience also brings wisdom, the pilot will purchase wares needed to explore more efficiently and, eventually, will just order in wares to the edges of space so they never have to stop exploring. Then again their new addiction to exploring is just as bad as their old space weed/fuel addictions due to the 10% delivery surcharge! (this feature may be altered slightly in the future)

---> While Cartographers (level 20) are very efficient at exploring the universe, an explorer can join the ranks of the Goner if certain conditions are met and work their way up to being a Priest (level 24) with full access to the Goner universe guide to aid in finding those last few sectors.

---> Universe explorers can be moved between ships using the 'Move Universe Explorer Pilot...' command under the 'Start Universe Explorer...' command in the navigation commands menu.

---> As they gain experience your explorers will learn to defend themselves by noticing enemies and purchasing items for their defense. Like Fighter Drones. (eventually will add the more powerful Mk2 drones)

---> Those lucky enough to get high level explorers will see them use jump drives to traverse the universe to quickly replace satellites or find new sectors.

---> Your explorers will now drop short-lived beacons in sectors that they find dangerous to prevent other explorers from entering those sectors.

---> Any ship owned by the player with Navigational Command Software installed can drop a permanent navigational warning beacon to prevent explorers from entering a sector. Elena's Fortune in XTM is a good example sector for this. The command can be found under in your Navigational commands menu and these beacons cost 2000 credits to pay for the permits and raw materials needed.

---> Ships with the default "Your ShipType" will be renamed to "Explorer ShipType" automatically as the explorer software runs. Changing the name of the ship in any way before hand will prevent this.

---> Satellite Deployment Options - You can choose to deploy a single satellite in the center of the sector, enough to cover every gate, and/or enough to cover every station. The options can be mixed and matched to fit your needs.

---> Ship Capturing - Instead of flying out to capture those empty ships your explorers find, they will do it for you. Yes, they even take the spacewalk and risk death...though probably for the bonus finders fee they get!

---> Finders Fees - Explorers get paid a small finders fee for things they find, this fee increases as the explorers level and can be seen in the statistics tracking.

---> Statistics Tracking - By using the menu you can see the complete statistics of any of your explorers. Everything from sectors discovered to flying wares sighted...including how much they have earned in finder fees and how much of your money they have used in buying ship upgrades.

---> Notification Options - You can choose which types of notifications will be sent to you from the possibilities of voice, logbook, and subtitle.

---> Pilot Ejection - Pilots have an increasing chance to eject before their ship is destroyed as they level up. To use an ejected pilot just have one of your ships pick them up and then:
1. If the new explorer vessel or the ship with the pilot has a transporter device installed, just start the explorer command on the new ship when it is within 5km of the other ship and the pilot will be transferred over automatically.
2. If both the ship carrying the passenger and a new explorer are docked in the same place the pilot will jump into the ship instead of making a new pilot.
3. If you transfer the pilot to a new explorer and start exploring he will take the pilots seat.
4. If the pilot is docked at your your ship that is holding the pilot they will also pilot any newly starting explorer.

There is currently no way to replace an existing explorer with an ejected pilot, you will need a new ship for them!

---> Wanderlust - Pilots will slowly build up stress if they stay in the same areas until they just have to get away and go hopping to some other part of the universe. The more stress they have the more chance they will buy recreational stress relievers too.

Version History:

2.5.b1-XRM
Temporary removal of ship modification for compatibility issues. Without this modification, the UEC will(should) have no compatibility issues with future XRM updates. I am looking at how to make the ships work in future editions without the need of a fake patch and a modification to the ship table that is causing some instabilities in the game.

2.5.b-XRM
*Updated XRM compatibility to XRM1.19f

2.4.b4-XRM
*Updated XRM compatibility in Beta 4 to XRM 1.11b
*Changed TShips file to fake patch

Non-XRM version still Beta 2

2.4.B3
Updated TShips file in XRM Ship Mod version to match 1.09XRM.
2.4B2 non XRM Ship Mod IS compatible with XRM, just doesn't have the modified repair ship and Gonar Truelight Seeker.

2.4.B2.1
Corrected install error when trying to install the XRM version with the latest version of XRM due to Paul changing the Author Name a bit. (Thanks Paul! :P )
NOTICE: This version has not been tested with XRM above version 1.6. If there has been any ship changes after this point, the XRM ship changes will be over written with the ones in this mod! I'll work with Paul shortly to make any needed adjustments.

2.4.B2
Corrected issue with all M6 class ships being able to use Universal Explorer command.
Corrected wrong script file having been packaged in previous version. (sorry, my fault)

2.4.B1
This is the initial beta to test the effectiveness of the changes to use Salvage Command Software if installed instead of jumping out and doing a space walk. In addition, slight changes are being worked on so that mods that involve ship bailing won't accidentally see the ship as bailed and the pilot never returning to this ship (in the case that you don't have Salvage Claim Software).

Two versions are released to test.

Version Beta 1 is simply what was described above (minus the bailing fix, coming in a later beta).

Version Beta 1 XRM Ship Mod is a modification for XRM usage to add the Truelight Seeker as a Gonar class ship instead of an M6 so that it can use the Universal Explorer function as a heavily shielded explorer, giving it a chance if in a REALLY bad spot. The downside of the heavier shielding and aft turret is it is slower than the other explorers of course. ;-)

Additional ship changes in this mod is the Mobile Repair Ship now will have the ability to use Repair lasers/Tractor Beam/Cluster Flack/Pulse Beam Emitters. This doesn't really change the tactical problems and strengths of this M1 ship, but it does help give it a chance to defend against missiles and light fighters while it preps for a jump out of Dodge. Don't try to go toe to toe with anything more than 2 or 3 light fighters because it won't be a pretty end. It now can support 12 upgrades instead of 4 to the engine tunings giving it a max speed of almost 20M/s. Not much from 12M/s but a bit better.

Universal Explorers 2.5.b1 XRM
[ external image ]
Universal Explorers 2.5.b1 XRM as Manual Install in ZIP format

Requires: :!:
AP Libraries by 7ate9tin11s of at least r1 for common functions.
Community Configuration Menu by Cycrow to use menus and configure options.
Both of these can easily be installed with Cycrow's Plugin Manager and I think even come with it.
(Please correct me if I am wrong Cycrow)

Known Issues:
1) If used in conjunction with NPC Bailing scripts, pilot will sometimes go MIA after bailing and capturing a ship without Salvage Claim Software. Looking into a solution for next beta release.
2) Doesn't use Cycrow's Salvage Claim Software or Override Software yet.
3) Occasional hiccups with Hostile Sector after planting the Danger marker and running to another sector and the marker gets destroyed before the explorer chooses another sector to explore resulting in returning to the Hostile Sector again.

Installation Note for XRM:
The XRM version now installs as a fake patch. You MUST install this AFTER installing XRM for it to work. Manual installations will be available eventually for those that do not like using the SPK mod manager.
Last edited by FalconGrey on Wed, 18. Apr 12, 20:04, edited 21 times in total.
It's not if we win or lose that matters, it's that we stood and faced it.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Mon, 22. Aug 11, 00:05

Interesting, finally glad someone too up the reigns to this, now once again we have an automated ship which can set up and replace satellites.

Here's hoping you remove to function that makes these guys get too drugged out on space weed and drunk off space fuel :P

FalconGrey
x4

Post by FalconGrey » Mon, 22. Aug 11, 00:05

lol, beat me to reserving the first post. :P

I kinda like the breaks taking a drink or smoking some space weed. Granted, I don't condone the use of drugs or overly drinking but I DO think it's normal for them to want to take a break.

I'll look into altering that to maybe stopping at a station for some R&R like dinner or sleeping, with it less likely to smoke or drink.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Mon, 22. Aug 11, 00:37

FalconGrey wrote:lol, beat me to reserving the first post. :P

I kinda like the breaks taking a drink or smoking some space weed. Granted, I don't condone the use of drugs or overly drinking but I DO think it's normal for them to want to take a break.

I'll look into altering that to maybe stopping at a station for some R&R like dinner or sleeping, with it less likely to smoke or drink.
lol whoops sorry... :lol: I replied to quickly

well... if they are gonna smoke space weed or drink space fuel they need to do it when docked and not when they are flying. I had this issue when I suddenly see police vessels turning red TO ME out of the blue and also receiving automated messages of the guy running because he's being shot at. er... DERP well OF COURSE you have an illegal substance in your cargo hold, why else would they shoot at you. :lol:

FalconGrey
x4

Post by FalconGrey » Mon, 22. Aug 11, 00:53

:lol:

OK! Now I understand why a "Friendly" was firing on my explorer once! I figured it was an X3TC friendly race glitch...

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Mon, 22. Aug 11, 01:33

Yeah, main reason why I stopped using the script was because MOST of the time they were doping themselves up and staying in place instead of doing what they were hired to do. Lazy nutmunchers >_<

FalconGrey
x4

Post by FalconGrey » Mon, 22. Aug 11, 01:41

Requiemfang wrote:Yeah, main reason why I stopped using the script was because MOST of the time they were doping themselves up and staying in place instead of doing what they were hired to do. Lazy nutmunchers >_<
Hmmm, I only see them acting like that mostly between levels 0-5 then they are exploring quite well. The problem I see most often, and I have a fix in mind... just need to figure out how to do it, is when they enter a hostile sector and drop the danger beacon and run to the previous sector. The beacon is destroyed before they pick a different sector and they keep returning to the dangerous sector over and over until either the beacon isn't destroyed right away or they are destroyed.

Planned fix is to give the beacon 10 minutes (game time) of invulnerability before it can be destroyed.

As for the dope/boozing problems, I may add an option to turn that on or off at user choice.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Mon, 22. Aug 11, 02:02

Hmmm... you might be able to do what TECSG has done with the stealth sats, create gravidar blocking navigation sector avoidance beacon showing up on enemy/hostile ships. Of course this would require the players input like with the permanent nav beacon. Thus creating a stealth nav avoidance beacon that enemies can't destroy but allow your ships to avoid those sectors :wink:

only way they could ever be destroyed... stray missile gets shot or goes off that has a radius explosion AOE or is shot at by line of sight, which only the player is capable of doing.

It's an idea eh? I'd ask around for that kind of thing, maybe TECSG would provide the needed information to get you started.

FalconGrey
x4

Post by FalconGrey » Mon, 22. Aug 11, 03:09

That was his idea also... I'm considering something like that. Once a beacon is dropped, it goes stealth for about 10 minutes then the stealth system fails and the beacon is able to be destroyed. This way the player doesn't 'capture' them and resell them for a cheat. Plus, right now they are 2,000 credits per deployment and I may up that to a touch higher. Not sure about the cost yet.

FalconGrey
x4

Post by FalconGrey » Mon, 22. Aug 11, 19:31

Ok, fixed the setup file to no longer include all M6 ships in the Universal Explorer command. Only M3, M4, M5, and Gonar Class ships (default is Ranger) will have access to the Universal Explore command.

In addition, I found that I somehow packaged the wrong script file that did not include the ability to use the Salvage Command Suite 4.02 commands. This has been corrected. Sorry about this mix up.

No restart is needed. Simply remove the old version, install the new version and the corrections will take place.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 04:17

@falcongrey

Any progress on the issue with the bailing addon bug?

FalconGrey
x4

Post by FalconGrey » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 04:31

(Up front apology for the small book)

Unfortunately no. I've been slowly piecing my system back together (software wise) due to I and my GF were hacked last month. Her system was less damaged than mine and she was able to restore simply from a windows restore point...

I had my data backed up thank God, however, the system wasn't so that means a slow rebuild of all the programs and such that I need. X3TC has been reinstalled, but I still need to get all the mods and my mods loaded back in.

The worst of the problems was all our emails were taken over for a time. A small fight to get them and keep them back in our control but it's done now as of second week of September. The system damage appeared to been the hacker's "Retaliation" for regaining control of the emails. FBI state they won't go after someone in Turkey without 'monetary' damage having been done so simply leaves us with rebuild and the question to why we were the targets...

We did figure out how the hacker did it. My GF was sent a 'friend' request on face book that she thought was a friend of mine. From there, she lost her face book. From that the hacker took over her emails. From there, her system was hacked, from there the hacker got to my computer through yahoo messenger, from there into my emails.

With that behind us, I found out I may be losing reliable internet access 2 days ago (Sep 30) in the near future (as in this month some time). So, I do plan to still work those kinks out, but it may take a little longer now to get them back up to here.

At least the work done so far was backed up and I can and will pick up where I had left off shortly. I expect a couple more days before I feel my system will be ready to begin work on this and my other mods.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 04:48

FalconGrey wrote:(Up front apology for the small book)

Unfortunately no. I've been slowly piecing my system back together (software wise) due to I and my GF were hacked last month. Her system was less damaged than mine and she was able to restore simply from a windows restore point...

I had my data backed up thank God, however, the system wasn't so that means a slow rebuild of all the programs and such that I need. X3TC has been reinstalled, but I still need to get all the mods and my mods loaded back in.

The worst of the problems was all our emails were taken over for a time. A small fight to get them and keep them back in our control but it's done now as of second week of September. The system damage appeared to been the hacker's "Retaliation" for regaining control of the emails. FBI state they won't go after someone in Turkey without 'monetary' damage having been done so simply leaves us with rebuild and the question to why we were the targets...

We did figure out how the hacker did it. My GF was sent a 'friend' request on face book that she thought was a friend of mine. From there, she lost her face book. From that the hacker took over her emails. From there, her system was hacked, from there the hacker got to my computer through yahoo messenger, from there into my emails.

With that behind us, I found out I may be losing reliable internet access 2 days ago (Sep 30) in the near future (as in this month some time). So, I do plan to still work those kinks out, but it may take a little longer now to get them back up to here.

At least the work done so far was backed up and I can and will pick up where I had left off shortly. I expect a couple more days before I feel my system will be ready to begin work on this and my other mods.
Sheesh FalconGrey,

Thats horrible lol. I wasnt expecting that. Im sorry that happened. I had no idea something a simple as accepting a friend invite could be so disastrous. Im glad you managed to get the guy off your machine. I hope they didnt get into your finances.

Anyhow. I wish you the best and look forward to any updates when youre back up and running.

FalconGrey
x4

Post by FalconGrey » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 05:12

Thanks and there is a reason I store all financial information offline and not on the hard drives. ;-) Thumb drives are wonderful inventions!

No one expects it, especially when they have enhanced firewalls and other software in place that is suppose to stop stuff like that... granted he/she did come through a 'friendly' opening that was suppose to be there for my girlfriend to talk to me. :x Once a hacker is in the system and you're not aware of it, even Bitlocker is useless. Granted due to the files that were damage and that bitlocker WAS active, I wasn't able to simply re-install to repair the system. Still, I like bitlocker. You can't hack a bitlocker system UNLESS the system is already active and the key was turned... like in my case. :roll:

Life goes on. Just finished downloading all the new updates to XRM and such. Hopefully I can get something done and uploaded "if" and before any interruption to my internet happens. Hopefully nothing happens to my internet. :P

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 21:19

Falcongrey,

Apparently you cant install the xrm version without the xrm cat/dats being installed via the PM. I know how to get around that but there may be many folks who use the fake patch method for xrm that want to use this that dont know how to get around the issue.

FalconGrey
x4

Post by FalconGrey » Mon, 3. Oct 11, 21:34

Thanks, discovered the issue a few minutes ago myself. Just corrected it with the Humble Salvager and will make sure this one is fixed too. It's due to Paul having changed how the Author Name appears on his mod.

Should have a fix uploaded within an hour.

FalconGrey
x4

Post by FalconGrey » Sat, 8. Oct 11, 01:16

Updated the Ship Mod version to be fully compatible with XRM 1.09. Enjoy!

Trying to script a fix for the non-returning pilot issue. Will post once I have something that works. The problem appears to be when the pilot of the explorer bails out and another script detects the 'bailed' pilot and hijacks him instead of letting him return back to the ship and continue exploring.

3 possible culprits:

SCS (Salvage Command Suite)
NPC Bailing Addon
Salvage Commands & NPCs

Once I determine Which of the 3 it is, should be figured out tonight, I can then determine the WHY and HOW. The hijacked pilot is always found wondering off to a space station I think in search of space weed or space fuel... If this is your doing Steve I'll slap you silly! :lol:

Cascinova
x3tc

Post by Cascinova » Tue, 18. Oct 11, 17:54

I have a question about my explorers. I have several out, and have set them to place satallites as a priority, but all of them seem to be out exploring sectors first, and none of them placing satallites.

FalconGrey
x4

Post by FalconGrey » Tue, 18. Oct 11, 20:47

Hi Cascinova,

Placing satellites is a skill the explorers learn as they advance in levels. The specific level I'm not sure right off, but it is one of the earlier ones. First navigational satellites and then at a higher level the advanced satellites.

In addition the explorers will need to purchase satellites. If there are none available locally for them, they will simply explore until they are able to purchase them. So if credits or availability is missing, they will not place any satellites.

Personally, I usually only have 1 or 2 out at a time to minimize this problem.

I hope this helped.

Cascinova
x3tc

Post by Cascinova » Wed, 19. Oct 11, 16:34

Ok yeah that explains it, I see now that they are placing satellites, i guess they were just too new before. Thanks!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”