8 point Satellite deployment! and single High sat deployment

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Devest
x3

8 point Satellite deployment! and single High sat deployment

Post by Devest » Tue, 22. Nov 05, 03:07

:D :D :D
I finnaly finished.

These are 2 scripts for deploying satellites. One deploys a single satellite 30 km straight up from the center, this doesn't give much of as picture, but it will almost never be seen by the enemy. You can keep an eye on stations in hostile sectors.

The other is the 8 point satellite system. it deploys 8 satellites in a square formation giving a perfect view of everything in the sector. These are still pretty far out and I have yet to have them attacked.

For both files you select a ship, and you will find the deployment orders under the "Special" section of the command console. It will ask you to select the sector and the number of satellites to stock (I might remove this later depending on feedback).

Well here they are.

http://home.comcast.net/~x3scripts/index.html
or Direct link

I just can't seem to force myself to script anymore. So if anyone wants to Mod my script to maintain the satellites and auto deploy them everywhere, please feel free. I can even host the files if you want.

release notes:
*The first file I put up was old, the ship looked forthe cheapest price to buy the satellites even if they had to cross the galaxy. The CORRECT one will just find the closest supply. Only ten peopl got to this post before I pulled the file and replaced it.
*version 1 is now out (11/22/05 10am EST)
This version fixes an error where the ship would not restock in mid deployment, it would just quit.
Still displays as "None" in the current orders section. I'm trying to fix that
Last edited by Devest on Tue, 22. Nov 05, 17:51, edited 2 times in total.
"I am evil Homer! I am evil Homer!"

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Tue, 22. Nov 05, 04:19

Will this script maintain the satellites?

Devest
x3

Post by Devest » Tue, 22. Nov 05, 05:30

:( No, there is another script that is trying to do that, but it has a few issues now. Mainly that it tries to fly thru xenon sectors and gets the ship blown up. I tried for a long time to get it to work and i think i have everything figured out, BUT the xenon sectors. The one by KryNx has the same issue. I might work on it later to see if I can fix that but, i've spent alot of time writing this and not enough playing.

:wink: If anyone comes up with a solution for this issue please let me know and I will post the auto maintaining script. You can look at this topic for KryNx's script. I'm using his method for sector rotation. (but obviously i search very differently) :P
"I am evil Homer! I am evil Homer!"

creidiki
xr

Post by creidiki » Tue, 22. Nov 05, 05:36

You could take a look at the Xai advanced na libraries for X2, those had sector blacklisting.

Link's in the sticky.
I am not as think as you drunk I am.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Tue, 22. Nov 05, 06:05

Someone posted a thread recently that had a X3 pathfinding script that could weigh sectors.

Still, this is useful, for example, i can have a M5 survey a sector i know has a treasure in it. At least that's my plan

i might mod the script a little so it did a 9 sat deployment; 1 in center and the 8 even further out, for survey purposes.

DemaeRamen
x3

Post by DemaeRamen » Mon, 5. Dec 05, 22:42

What I think would be nice now is a command to gather up the sats afterwards.

I am after all a skinflint.
Always welcome! Cheap and filling!

darkstarrulz
x3tc

Post by darkstarrulz » Wed, 7. Dec 05, 08:34

Ya if someone could make them auto deploy that would be awesome ;)

I dont know anything about coding but perhaps a way to avoid the xenon sectors for auto deploy (well, i guess this really isnt an auto deploy this way) is when someone says what they want (1 sat or 8 ) it asks if you want 1 sector or multiple sectors. If you check multiple, then you can select a sector, it will store that, then you pick another, and it stores it, and so on and so forth until you have picked all the sectors you want. When you are done picking you just pick the same sector 2 times in a row so that it knows you want to stop (or something). Then you could give the ship an option to do this all via jumps or normal flight. Maybe if you tell it to do it via jumps it will check before every jump to see if it has x number of ecells, if it has less then x then it will look for cheapest SPP within jump range, go there and fill up, then resume.

pretty please? :D

P_J_M
x3

Post by P_J_M » Sun, 11. Dec 05, 13:31

Tried both versions. neither work for me.

The single sat version flies to about the middle of the sector, gives me the message that its done, then flies off and stops, without deploying the sat.

The 8 sat version goes to position 1 fires out the sat, picks up the sat, flies to position two fires out the sat, pickes up the sat,
flies to position one.........

And repeats, probably forever.

The ship is prestocked with sats I was doing it the long way before trying the scripts.
Dual 3GHz Xeon (Nocana 800FSB).
Asus NCCH-DL MoBo.
2 GB Geil Ultra PC3200 Dual Channel Ram.
Asus GeForce 6800GT 256MB.
Creative Audigy 2.
Maxtor 300 GB SATA HDD X 2
Akasa Eclipse-62.
Lots of Blue Neon.
Saitek X52.

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Sun, 18. Dec 05, 12:26

This looks interesting. Any update on when it will be ready, or does it work ok now?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 18. Dec 05, 14:33

I've only skimmed this but

Code: Select all

Get next sector or route to sector
If you loop this code one sector at a time you can check to see if the $nextsector ownerace == Xenon

dunno if that helps

captbenson
x3

Post by captbenson » Mon, 2. Jan 06, 00:18

Anyone else having issues of the game crashing when you try to use the 8 point command for a ship? I tried it on a Mercury TS and the game froze two times in a row. One was stocked with nav sats and the other ship was empty. Both were docked at the argon federal shipyard. Do they have to be flying or is it just me?

Githyanki
x3

Post by Githyanki » Mon, 2. Jan 06, 04:58

captbenson wrote:Anyone else having issues of the game crashing when you try to use the 8 point command for a ship? I tried it on a Mercury TS and the game froze two times in a row. One was stocked with nav sats and the other ship was empty. Both were docked at the argon federal shipyard. Do they have to be flying or is it just me?
Not just you. The lockups occur (At least for me) when the ship decides to buy more sat's, and cant find any within its search range. I am not a good enough scripter to do more, so I gave up when this script, and the other it was based off of never got updated, and found another. The Xai Fleet Support script does Sat deployment. It is currently limited to 1 per sector, and you decide position.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=116295

Skorne Tet'Zu
x3

You Suck... And Your Script Sucks!!!

Post by Skorne Tet'Zu » Mon, 10. Jul 06, 06:22

Yeah... that's right... I said!!!

Oh sure... its a nice script... its runs well... its very convenient... and it keeps my Sats all nice and neat!!! But You are costing me a Fortune in Adv. Sats now. I can't seem to live without that 8 Spot Set-up in every discovered system... and now I'm going broke... and its :evil: ALL YOUR FAULT :evil: The way I see it, you're going to owe me about 10 mil when this is all said and done!!! THANKS A LOT BUDDY!!!

:lol: Okay... so you're Script rocks... I'm still going Broke!!! :lol:

GREAT JOB!!!
Skorne Tet'Zu
Corny Signture Saying Removed

Skorne Tet'Zu
x3

P.s.

Post by Skorne Tet'Zu » Mon, 10. Jul 06, 06:31

oh.. Yeah... and now that I'm finished calling you names :oops: any chance of getting a Satellite Retrieval Script to pick up all those Sats that were thrown out there haphazardly??? :?:
Skorne Tet'Zu
Corny Signture Saying Removed

Peanutcat
x4

Post by Peanutcat » Sat, 6. Aug 11, 02:59

links are broken
F signature

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”