[SCRIPT] X3 TC / AP / XRM / XTC Universe Colored Map Version 3.1 dd 17-dec-2013

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

qwizzie
x4

[SCRIPT] X3 TC / AP / XRM / XTC Universe Colored Map Version 3.1 dd 17-dec-2013

Post by qwizzie » Fri, 3. Jun 11, 14:13

I got this done for my own game and thought it could be usefull for the community. Thanks and credits goes to the guys who created the
mod Time of the Truth who implemented this on their mod (they have a whole different universe) & inspiration from h2o.Ava with his dynamic colored sector names. After looking into Time of the Truth mod i figured out how to do the same to a normal vanilla X3 Terran Conflict universe and later on for the X3 Albion Prelude universe.

Also credits to Abkhaaker who helped me out with the X3 XTC Universe Colored Map and to IngeM & Phinixa who provided me german language support. The Universe Colored Maps of X3 TC / X3 TC & XRM / X3 AP / X3 AP & XRM support both english and german language. Only the Universe Colored Map for X3 XTC has just english support.

This will give you a modified tag in yr save-games !!

X3 Terran Conflict pictures :

[ external image ][ external image ]
[ external image ]

X3 Albion Prelude / XRM Pictures :

[ external image ][ external image ]
[ external image ]

High-Resolution pictures of the X3 TC & X3 AP+XRM Universe Colored Map can be found here : http://www.mediafire.com/?4b4e6qek79k7q

DOWNLOAD :

All my scripts / mod you see at my signature can be downloaded here :
https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=fae3da27 ... F440%21105

X3 Terran Conflict users :

Just extract the two folders ''director'' & ''t'' with winrar into your Terran Conflict installation directory.

X3 Terran Conflict users + XRM users :

Just extract the two folders ''director'' & ''t'' with winrar into your Terran Conflict installation directory.

X3 Terran Conflict Extended (XTC) 2.0 users :

Just extract the folder ''t'' with winrar into your Terran Conflict installation directory.

X3 Albion Prelude users :

Just extract the folders ''director'' & ''t'' into yr addon folder which forms your Albion Prelude installation directory.

X3 Albion Prelude + XRM users :

Just extract the folders ''director'' & ''t'' into yr addon folder which forms your Albion Prelude installation directory.

To avoid future questions : it will be compatable with XRM future updates as long as XRM's textfile 7027-L044.xml is not updated. Last update of XRM textfile 7027-L044.xml for both TC & AP is 20-04-2012

The results are immediately visible in your sectormap (gates show the color of next sector) your universe map and your property map.

90% of the maps show the full color, some sectors (mostly with Shipyards in it) have the first letter uncolored. The reason for this is so you can navigate on the first letter of those sectors.

note :

X3 TC users

- old navigaton with seaching via keyboard on first letter wont work for most sectors now .. it will only work on those sectors with shipyards in them (and then use mouse or left/right key to go to yr destination).
You will see that those sectors have an uncolored first sector letter.
- missions wont show the sector colored in orange anymore in yr universemap unless it happen to be in one of those sector with shipyards.

X3 AP users

X3 AP has implemented a search method which allow you to search by typing in letters in a box. This wont work with this script, it does not regnonice colored sectornames. You can only search jump with the uncolored letters and then click through to the sector you need as above described for X3 TC.

tip : pressing <-- arrow will get you out of the text field of the universemap, pressing one of the arrow keys again let you navigate further in the universemap.

- old navigaton with seaching via keyboard on first letter wont work for most sectors now .. it will only work on those sectors with shipyards in them (and then use mouse or left/right key to go to yr destination).
You will see that those sectors have an uncolored first sector letter.
- missions wont show the sector colored in orange anymore in yr universemap unless it happen to be in one of those sector with shipyards

- if you want to change the colors of some sector then you have to look that sector up in the t file and change it manually, this scripts will not dynamically change it for you if you are playing improved races or similiar script like that. i will give the color codes below.

color codes:

\033B : Blue (Argon)
\033C : Cyan (Paranid)
\033G : Green (Boron)
\033M : Magenta (Split)
\033R : Red (Pirates & Yaki)
\033Y : Yellow (Teladi)
\033W : White (Terran & Aldrin)

Uninstall : just delete the following files 9960-L044.xml (TC) / 9961-L044.xml (AP) and if using X3 TC / AP + XRM also the 7027-L044.xml file from your t map and make a new save (all older saves will still show color.. but not the new one)

note 1 : this uninstall part need testing so just to be on the safe side pls make a backup of yr saves before trying this out.

note 2 : looking at how XRM start their textfiles through director files gave me the solution on how to kickstart my own textfiles... my thanks to the XRM team.
Last edited by qwizzie on Thu, 22. May 14, 19:18, edited 51 times in total.

Gravitycontrol
x4

Post by Gravitycontrol » Fri, 3. Jun 11, 16:14

Sounds nice.

A little question though. Is this dynamic? Because im using Improved Races, so the Sector Owners change quite a lot and it would be quite confusing if the races get mixed colours because of that ;)

Nice Job anyway : )

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Fri, 3. Jun 11, 16:28

thanks for yr reply.. i'm afraid its not dynamic, for dynamic sectormap coloring i would recommend h2o.Ava scripts although i kept getting blank messages with his scripts, even after 3.1 i think :?

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Fri, 3. Jun 11, 16:34

AFAIK, the mission director can rename sectors on the fly.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Fri, 3. Jun 11, 16:49

Thanks for yr reply Gazz, but i have no experience in MD writing. All i did was putting some colorcodes before sectornames in the 0001-L044 file. This doesnt seem to trigger a modified flag so far (tested it briefly in a vanilla save). If yr saying that MD can change both sectornames and overrule the colorcode from the t file then thats great but someone else has to develope it as supplement to this ''mod'' or maybe IR can implement that somehow now that 3.1 has officially adressed the color message errors from the past? IR or anyone else is free to use this modified t file.

Gravitycontrol
x4

Post by Gravitycontrol » Fri, 3. Jun 11, 16:50

qwizzie wrote:thanks for yr reply.. i'm afraid its not dynamic, for dynamic sectormap coloring i would recommend h2o.Ava scripts although i kept getting blank messages with his scripts, even after 3.1 i think :?
Thanks for the Tip :D The script from h2o works fine : D

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Mon, 20. Jun 11, 23:14

Wonder if your script changes the map colors when the sector changes it's original owner ?
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Tue, 21. Jun 11, 10:42

I'm afraid not Sorkvild

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Sun, 1. Jan 12, 03:20

Added x3 AP 1.0 colored map and updated download links for X3 TC 3.1 colored map .

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Sun, 22. Jan 12, 14:27

Added X3 AP 1.1 colored universe map and updated download links for X3 AP 1.1 colored map .
Added X3 AP 1.1 + XRM colored universe map.

Download links can be found here and on first post :

X3 AP 1.1

http://www.mediafire.com/?l4ci9n5j6ehb9ht
http://uploading.com/files/3m54e62m/X3% ... 2BMap.rar/

Instructions for installment X3 AP: just unrar the file with winrar and place the 0001-L044.xml file in your t folder inside yr addon folder located in yr steam directory or where you have installed X3 AP.

X3 AP 1.1 / XRM

http://www.mediafire.com/?qpp32qm9p75etpw
http://uploading.com/files/dee4dm69/X3% ... 2BMap.rar/

Instructions for installment X3 AP with XRM : just unrar the file with winrar and place the 0001-L044.xml & the 7027-L044.xml files in your t folder inside yr addon folder located in yr steam directory or where you have installed X3 AP.

Grimshad
x3ap

Post by Grimshad » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 04:15

Can I please see a screenshot of this? I was actually looking into doing the same sort of thing with my game. My initial interest was making the green glow more announced when you have presence in a sector, then I started wanting to color the sectors by ownership. I could never find the files responsible for this though..

Also I use XRM and Improved Races. What was the solution for dynamic coloring of sectors?

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 10:35

i will add a screenshot tonight in post 1, just check again in a day or so.

If you are using improved races and want dynamic colors that reflect ownership then i suggest you use the script from this post : http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=293486

His scripts (at least the spk file) for X3 TC are still downloadable. I'm not sure it will work with XRM and i'm also not sure its even compatable with X3 AP you will have to find out for yrself. He uses the colors per race differently then i do .. i think.

qwizzie.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 11:34

Thanks for making this for the XRM. :wink:

I'm going to try it out today!

Just a note - I renamed a couple of sectors in the last XRM patch for Albion Prelude so that will need updating.

- for the doubled CEO's Wellspring - now called Lehan's Legacy - 1020113
- for three unknown sectors that did not have sector coordinates written. 1021709, 1021218, 1020810
- Hub sector now has the name Xenon Hub - 1020914

These are AP only, the TC map remains the same.

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 12:26

to Paul : i made the switch from X3 AP vanilla to X3 AP / XRM because i think yr mod is the best mod out there. This colored universe map for X3 AP / XRM can be freely incorporated in yr own mod if you like it / want it.
I will take a look at yr mentioned changes and update if necessary.
Thanks for yr thanks :)

qwizzie

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 12:43

Thanks for the kind words! :wink:

One suggestion...

Editing the 0001-L044 file can be a bit of a drama as Egosoft always edit this file when they release a patch.

If you add a separate text file to make the changes instead, then you won't need to update anything when Ego release a patch. It should be a simple copy and paste exercise to put it into a unique numbered text file.

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 15:41

ok, fair enough (you are the second one mentioning it actually so its time i start listening :)). I think i will use 9960 & 9961 as unique text files for X3 TC and X3 AP, those look to be unused by other mods. Can anyone inform me how i can claim these text file numbers so it wont be used by other mods / scripts?

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 16:11

I believe you can get them added to the library by posting in the Submissions to Community Library thread:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=229421

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 16:24

Thanks Paul.

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Fri, 27. Jan 12, 00:05

Added a version 2 of all three Colored Universe Map which will now consists of unique t files instead of the 0001-L044.xml file. The only way to get those unique t files read by engine was to also create a director file linking it to the textfile. So you will be downloading two folders, a director folder and a t folder. Just follow the instructions in my edited first post. I also added a link to some pictures.

To Paul : i updated the X3 AP - XRM Universe Colored Map as well to version 2 with the changes you mentioned but i couldnt find the ''Hub sector now has the name Xenon Hub - 1020914'' part and its also not specificcally mentioned in yr changelog of 1.16 .. perhaps its in yr future patch ?

qwizzie

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Fri, 27. Jan 12, 11:40

Its the final entry in page 7 of the latest 7027 text file:

<t id="1020914">{17,16271}</t>

I've just had a good look at this and its great! I'm going to put it on the recommended list on the XRM thread if thats OK.

I'll probably swap some of the colours around for my personal game so they match the engine colours (Argon - light blue: Boron - dark blue: Paranid - Yellow: Teladi - Green: Split - Red etc.)

One thing I noticed -

You've made the Gonar sectors the same colour as Argon, but you missed out Elysium of Light which is still grey.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”