[SCRIPT] Autotrader Sector Lock 1.0 . . . . . . . . { UPDATED 2007/05/30 }

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Khourieat

Post by Khourieat » Wed, 22. Jul 09, 17:32

I don't think so, the only other thing I have installed is the signed bonus pack, so unless it's part of that, I do not have it installed.

And it doesn't look like it's part of that, according to the bonus pack announcement thread.

I'm less worried about it, someone pointed me to the EST script, because I was having issues with my UTs, if it works anything like the CAGs do they should be a lot less likely to get themselves into trouble.

Or at the very least that has some kind of sat-limiting feature, I have to read about it some more :P

I imagine if you SETA a lot you'd probably never notice the UTs in locked sectors, or maybe I just have too many of them, I don't know, but they'll even sit on standby in locked sectors.

Thanks for trying though! I appreciate it.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 22. Jul 09, 18:12

Bonuspack does contain/update some UT files, so there might be overlap.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Wed, 22. Jul 09, 18:50

Well. Whatever floats your boat mate. I would give the Mk3 improvement script a shot, but then again its up to you.
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Molenir

Post by Molenir » Wed, 10. Feb 10, 03:55

Unfortunately none of the mk3 links work. Can't seem to find it anywhere, so pretty much out of luck on that script, and this one as well.

digdug83
x4

Post by digdug83 » Wed, 10. Feb 10, 04:16

What scripts specifically are you trying to acquire Molenir? I have both the Autotrader Sector Lock and the MK3 Improvement scripts mentioned above available if their links are down, although I acquired them from those threads less than a month ago.

Coombser
x3tc

Post by Coombser » Sat, 5. Mar 11, 01:47

I dont know if anybody is still active in this forum, first post :)

But have no idea what scripts are or how to use them really but managed to install the script, i think...

I don't understand because I dont seem to get the option anywhere to lock a sector, it just doesnt appear.

Do i have to do something to activate it first?

Thanks for any responses

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Mon, 11. Apr 11, 21:54

If you want know about the script editor, then look here.

To use scripts, you need to activate the editor first. That link has instructions on how to do it.
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Mon, 16. May 11, 09:20

I would like to use this but I find it clashes with the Manual Trade Commands "XaiCorp-MTC-X3.1.8".

It looks like they re both using the same command slots in the trade menu.
Is there a way around it?

Are there other scripts that would simply tell my auto traders not to go into certain sector?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 16. May 11, 16:15

Is that unsigned or signed MTC? IIRC, the signed scripts (Bonuspack) do use different slots.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Mon, 16. May 11, 17:51

Brinnie wrote:I would like to use this but I find it clashes with the Manual Trade Commands "XaiCorp-MTC-X3.1.8".

It looks like they re both using the same command slots in the trade menu.
Is there a way around it?
It is possible to change command slots of conflicting scripts.
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Mon, 16. May 11, 19:35

jlehtone wrote:Is that unsigned or signed MTC? IIRC, the signed scripts (Bonuspack) do use different slots.

I think it is unsigned, I installed it on its own and not from the bonus package:

XaiCorp-MTC-X3.1.8

jlehtone wrote:It is possible to change command slots of conflicting scripts.

Buck, I knew that already but I don't know how to do it :)
care to elaborate a bit more.

Thanks to both of you for the quick replies.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 16. May 11, 20:50

Uninstall the unsigned MTC and try the Bonuspack version. I think signed and unsigned MTC have about the same features. (But CAG/CLS/DWM are better to update to latest unsigned versions.)

One script file, probably names like "plugin*", sets up the command slots. So the constants are defined there. If lucky, the other files of the script do use symbolic names and don't refer to slot-number. Thus, the edit might be "trivial". Or not. :)

Ahem ... just recalled ... I think that the Bonuspack silently updates autotrader script files. Lock must be installed after it to avoid overwrite, and there might still be conflicts. But such things ought to be mentioned in this thread.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Mon, 16. May 11, 23:49

Brinnie wrote:Buck, I knew that already but I don't know how to do it :) care to elaborate a bit more.
No problem

Copied from another thread I posted a while ago:
I've finally finished my 'How to resolve script command conflicts' It was a bit hastily put together, due to my time constraints. So I hope it makes sense!

Ok. I'll start from the very begining. NOTE. For these steps I use Cycrows Plugin Manager v2.12. Don't know if it's possible to do this with the new PM?

Step 1.
The 1st thing you need to do, is figure out which scripts are causing the conflict. To do this, open the Plugin Manager, go to 'Advanced' menu and click 'Game Resources. You should then see a box with 4 tabs (once all the text files have been read). 'Files Used', 'Command Slots', 'Command Conflicts and 'Wares'. Click the 'Command Conflicts'. Scroll through the list until you see something similar to the screenie below:

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... Error1.jpg

As you can see from the above, this conflict is being caused by 'Pilot AI III' & 'Dock Upgrade Manager' in slot SHIP_46

Step 2.
If your not all that clued up on command slot ID numbers, the next thing to do is to go to this list

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 90#1192190 (4th post down, from start of topic)

Now from the PM screenie above, we could see we need to move a script at slot 'SHIP_46'. Looking at the above list for this slot reveals it's ID number. Which is '1246'.

Step 3.
Now we have determined the ID number of the troublesome slot, we need to go back to the PM and decide which command to move. In this case we will move the command which relates to the 'Dock Upgrade Manager' script. We can also see, that the 't' file we need to look for is 8789. In my case the full text file name is 448789. Files that start 44 are English version's. Incase someone does'nt know. *NOTE* You can choose to move one or the other script. It does'nt matter.

Step 4.
Now we have decided what command to move, we need to decide what slot to move it to. There are 2 ways of doing this:

1) Look back at the list on the Egosoft Forums above and choose a slot which relates to a script you DON'T have. (Although, that list has not been updated for a while and you may be using a script which is not on it.)

or

2) Go back to the 'Command Conflicts' tab in the PM and scroll to the SHIP command slots. Each of these are numbered. So, starting from zero, go through them until you find any missing numbers. The missing numbers means that those slots are not in use by a command. So we can move to one of them. *NOTE* They do not appear in numerical order. So be careful, before picking one. From my list, SHIP_50 was not displayed, so it was not in use. So I'm going to move the command to that slot. Returning to the list on the Egosoft website. We can see that the ID number for command slot, 'SHIP_50' is 1250. So now we know what content we need to change from and to in the 't' file.

Step 5.
Navigating to the the 't' file folder and locating the one we need (448789), edit it. I just right-click and choose edit to open it in Notepad

Step 6.
From Notepad's menu, choose: Edit, Replace. In the 'Find What' box, type the number that relates to the command slot we want to move. In this case type 1246. In the 'Replace With' box, type the number that relates to the command slot we are moving to. In this case type 1250. Then click replace all. You can now close the 't' file. *REMEMBER TO SAVE THE CHANGES BEFORE YOU DO!*

Step 7.
If you have done the above correct, you can go back to the PM and once again open the 'Advanced' menu, then click 'Game Resources'. Go to the Command Conflicts tab and scroll down the list, until you reach the slot that was conflicting. You should now see something like this:

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll3/ ... Fixed1.jpg

To check, if you expand slot 'SHIP_46' (original slot conflict) you should only see 1 script command listed there now. (in this case 'Pilot AI III). Also if you expand slot number SHIP_50 (slot one of the conflicting commands was moved to), you can see the other command ('Dock Upgrade Manager'), now has a slot of it's own.

Voila! Conflict resolved!
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Tue, 17. May 11, 13:09

Hello again.

First of all let me thank you both for helping me out on this.

- - -

I ve followed Buck's guide on 'How to resolve script command conflicts' and I changed the trade command numbers to match the ones in the Bonus Package version of MTC , jlehtone you were right the newer version of the script (from 1.7 on) changed the command slots numbers.

After editing the t file I was getting read text errors in the trade menu so I used the same principle to replace the values in 4 of the xml files in the scripts folder.
That seems to have done it, now both scripts are installed (autotrader sector lock and MTC) no conflicts yet, although time will tell if I buggered up my whole universe with "notepad" how about that for weapons of mass destruction.

One thing that I found before even starting to edit is that if I remove the MTC script (any of them) and try and load one of my saves I get a crash before it loads, one of those that can t be fixed with ctrl alt del but needs a full reset.
I will look up "how to remove scripts from X3" from some thread.

Thanks again guys, it is good to see that some of the experts are still around these forums.

- - -

on another note, where would I post suggestions for a couple of scripts?
I have an idea for one of two scripts which I d like to see and I wanted to describe them somewhere to see if someone who knows about scripting could tell me whether they are doable .
With all the scripts available they might even exists already.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 17. May 11, 15:52

Brinnie wrote:One thing that I found before even starting to edit is that if I remove the MTC script (any of them) and try and load one of my saves I get a crash before it loads, one of those that can t be fixed with ctrl alt del but needs a full reset.
When you save, the currently running scripts are saved too. They have to be cached in the save so that the execution of them can continue from correct spot after load.

That does not cause the crash. But when a cached script continues to execute and call another script -- one that was not cached and whose file has vanished -- the "call" does not return error, but does not do what the script did expect. Thus, when you don't check whether the call returns something, but just use the bogus return value, that is where the wall hits you.

Therefore, one should stop all running copies of the script before save and removal. Depends on script, how easy/impossible that is.

References to removed text entries are an additional thing to clean up.

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Tue, 17. May 11, 16:53

jlehtone wrote:...Therefore, one should stop all running copies of the script before save and removal. Depends on script, how easy/impossible that is.

Thanks.
I did try and do that but as far as I could tell there was nothing running that script, I checked all the ships and none was using any of the 3 MTC commands.

No matter, I d like to keep the MTC installed so I ll just leave there anyway.

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Tue, 3. Apr 12, 11:31

I was so free to translate your t-file into german:

http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=791413

I will recommend your sector lock on my MK3 improvement post.
I am currently releasing a completely rewritten version for Reunion which I converted from my TC/AP one.

And I am really happy, that your script here still works :)

edit: Sorry to inform you but I had to break compatibility to your script. The new MK3 improvement uses the blacklist manager from TC/AP and is therefore not working with this script anymore.
I even had to use your command slots as they were the only "free" ones.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Wed, 23. Dec 15, 15:33

Does anyone know if halo is still around? Or can someone help me with an issue?
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

gnasirator
x3tc

Post by gnasirator » Mon, 28. Dec 15, 08:29

Depends on the issue ;)

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Mon, 28. Dec 15, 20:36

lol Hi Gnis

Nice to see you again

You might be able to help actually. As the issue involves your Mk3 Optimisation script for Reunion. I know that this Blacklist script is no longer compatible with yours, so I tried to get rid of it. The problem is, I still have 1 of the blacklist scripts showing in my Global List. I do not see how this is possible if I have removed it? I think the script in question is:

halo.lockmaster.global

Will this cause a problem?
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”