[TC] Terran Campaign : Walkthrough

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

lonesome-longhair
x3tc

A New Home

Post by lonesome-longhair » Fri, 28. Jan 11, 04:29

What is the mainframe password in mission "a new home" I would Appreciate any help

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Fri, 28. Jan 11, 04:49

That was actually given, and is posted in it's Spoiler thread Walkthru, too.

Here's one
-- GD

solreaper
x3tc

Post by solreaper » Fri, 11. Feb 11, 17:39

BDK wrote:
ZanThrax wrote:
***Note - it seems random whether or not this pirate base will attack you once you get close. I've played the mission 3 times, and only once was I attacked. If you ARE attacked, either kill or ignore the attackers. Once done, fly or jump back to Heretic's End and talk to Mark Jackson in the Orbital Patrol Base.
How do I kill the attackers? I get a nova, a buster, and an elite, along with three xenons. The xenons would be okay, but the pirate ships have ten to thirty times my shield and hull numbers each & if I try to hug the base to scan it, they get behind me and kill me almost as quickly as if I try to fight them.
Try my method ;)
I used a passive method to complete the pirate base scan mission (using sabre) just by drawing those pirate novas and xenons to about 20km AWAY from their pirate base, then I just make a U turn and flew pass those idiot pirate + xenon ships (cos they r slow^^) n parked myself right by the pirate base while using IT as a shield while completing the scan ;). Once the scan is complete i just fly straight to the gate, no guns involved.

btw Those fools where still trying to catch up to me lol. SPEED n WITS is another strategy to use here especially when using a fast enough ship. Was glad the pirates didnt send m5 ships to hunt me (using sabre) in this mission.

mas99
x3tc

Post by mas99 » Sun, 13. Feb 11, 12:27

Hey,

Thanks for this. I was tearing my hair out as a beginner with scanning the pirate base. I was beginning to think I needed to have some special scanner kit.

I must admit, I thought that the first campaign would be a tutorial and introduce concepts and info rather than drop me into it.

Reminds me of elite. (God I'm old)

dirkpitt45

Post by dirkpitt45 » Mon, 2. May 11, 02:59

I have to say I was immensely enjoying x3tc until I decided to start this campaign... I've spent all weekend trying to plant the bug on the elephant and escape in that dumb caiman tanker. I finally managed to escape just now actually, a xenon Q showed up and started attacking the elephant and decas, pretty sure they were all destroyed though so it probably broke the campaign. Travelling towards the end of the mission now, with no jumpdrive since scanning the ships lowered my standing with the split to just above hostile and I can't buy energy now..

Other than that though, great guide and I'm loving X3tc.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 2. May 11, 07:23

dirkpitt45 wrote:I have to say I was immensely enjoying x3tc until I decided to start this campaign... I've spent all weekend trying to plant the bug on the elephant and escape in that dumb caiman tanker.
Why didn't you put a jumpdrive in the tanker? Allows for a 10-second escape from immediate trouble!

Hubert99
x3tc

Post by Hubert99 » Wed, 11. May 11, 12:31

It's not that bad. I actually sent the mission six freighter to the closest family equipment dock, it was a simple Caiman, I maxed it's engines, put some software, bought Turbo Boost MK1, transfered some Mosquitos from another ship, activated Missile Defence Mosquito, ordered it to jump back to Family Zyarth, and only than I did enter it. The mission carried on, and I boosted away towards the nearest gate at a whopping speed of 333 m/s. All the time Pearle waited in my Nova Raiders cargobay, and the Nova being landed on my Boa.

This game rewards thinking. Bugs only show up because so many things can change ... all the more reason to think. It's hard to get by in a sandbox. ;)
Thereshallbewings

Hubert99
x3tc

Post by Hubert99 » Wed, 11. May 11, 12:36

mas99 wrote:Hey,
I must admit, I thought that the first campaign would be a tutorial and introduce concepts and info rather than drop me into it.
Reminds me of elite. (God I'm old)
The only thing they needed was to make the game put up a big red: READ THE MANUAL and THE COMMUNITY FORUMS ! text as it begins.

Otherwise you might waste precious invested gametime.
Thereshallbewings

SenReality92
x3tc

Post by SenReality92 » Tue, 17. May 11, 23:45

Heh I restarted the missions, got back into the game after awhile - after doing the stupid mission to save some ATF undercover guy, went back to heretics end, orbital defence station - it said mission complete when I docked but, I just cant find mark jackson anymore, he's not on the comms list in the station, I have no missions, I cant find him lmao so ... dont really know what to do. I saved in prep to do the mission, so I cant return to an earlier save before this mission; thus I have no idea what to do.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 18. May 11, 00:03

You simply need to wait a while. Eventually, you'll get a call, but it can take a while. Meanwhile, go about whatever other business interests you. They'll undoubtedly interrupt you right in the middle of you doing something important/dangerous/profitable. :mrgreen:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Badbone34

Post by Badbone34 » Sat, 9. Jul 11, 21:44

i have a problem or bug i believe.. i am on mission 5 i believe it is. and i did everthing at military sector m 148 or whatever it is and i picked up the suits and took them to heretics end and it now says i dont have them and i cant continue at all... how do i fix this issue

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Sat, 9. Jul 11, 21:51

Did you have Cargo Life Support installed? Often a mistake...
-- GD

Badbone34

Post by Badbone34 » Sat, 9. Jul 11, 21:58

yes i made sure i have life support system and plenty of room and jumpdrive... way points all said head to heretics end and that i picked up suits.. so is there a way to pick them up again or do i need a restart

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 9. Jul 11, 22:06

@ Badbone34: What ship were you flying when you picked up the suits? Did you ever see the characters shown in the manifest as being aboard your ship after picking them up? If it was a TP for any reason, the plots and missions sometimes don't recognise built-in CLS as opposed to bought ones.

If you have left or lost them, they could either be at a station back in M148, or more likely flying in suits along the slow route to Heretics' End.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

grendelrt

Post by grendelrt » Tue, 12. Jul 11, 16:38

I just started the game and picked terran defender since I read it was a good easy starting point. I did the first training mission and the first patrol mission. I picked up the Rapier, am I better off selling it and upgrading the starter ship, the opposite or keep both?

heratik
x3tc

Post by heratik » Tue, 12. Jul 11, 16:42

Don't rush into selling either and upgrading yet, do a couple more plot missions and see what comes...... :)

grendelrt

Post by grendelrt » Tue, 12. Jul 11, 16:50

heratik wrote:Don't rush into selling either and upgrading yet, do a couple more plot missions and see what comes...... :)
Ahhh that sounds good =) Unrelated question, I read on a couple faqs to start the terran defender campaign if you are noob like me. But everywhere I look people are starting as humble merchant then choosing a campaign later. Am I better off doing what I am doing or starting humble merchant? Also if you start terran defender am I stuck only using certain ships?

heratik
x3tc

Post by heratik » Tue, 12. Jul 11, 17:00

grendelrt wrote:
heratik wrote:Don't rush into selling either and upgrading yet, do a couple more plot missions and see what comes...... :)
Ahhh that sounds good =) Unrelated question, I read on a couple faqs to start the terran defender campaign if you are noob like me. But everywhere I look people are starting as humble merchant then choosing a campaign later. Am I better off doing what I am doing or starting humble merchant? Also if you start terran defender am I stuck only using certain ships?
The only difference between the two is that in Humble merchant you are started over the other side of the universe map with a different starting set of ships, you can still access all the same plots and ships etc in the end...

You are doing well as you are, the Terran start is good for first timers because it kicks you of into the Terran plot straight away and as you are reailsing there are essential goodies up for grabs that will help you get your feet....

grendelrt

Post by grendelrt » Tue, 12. Jul 11, 17:01

Cool thanks!

bolnuevo
x3tc

Post by bolnuevo » Mon, 7. Nov 11, 12:17

how do you get into venus without being blasted

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”