[MOD/Script] LI Production Modules (PM) - v7.2 29/08/2010

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Goncyn
x4

Post by Goncyn » Wed, 5. Jan 11, 17:06

I was just on my way here to report the same bug that Joe did. Noticed it happening last night. So, consider that confirmed? :)

Feature Request: a production summary by ware that shows the quantity produced per hour and the quantity consumed per hour by all configured modules would be incredibly useful for verifying that I've added everything up properly. It would also make it easier to see the impact of shipbuilding on my resource chains.

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Wed, 5. Jan 11, 18:52

Goncyn wrote:I was just on my way here to report the same bug that Joe did. Noticed it happening last night. So, consider that confirmed? :)

Feature Request: a production summary by ware that shows the quantity produced per hour and the quantity consumed per hour by all configured modules would be incredibly useful for verifying that I've added everything up properly. It would also make it easier to see the impact of shipbuilding on my resource chains.
thanks, I'll have a look this weekend. As for a new feature that will have to be down the line. Not getting much chance to spend on X3. If it wasn't for Galaxy Tab I wouldn't be able to follow the posts :-(

LA

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Wed, 5. Jan 11, 19:12

Great spot JoeTheDestroyer,

I have my version on USB stick, and I've just downloaded the uploaded version.

Using XML my version shows:

Code: Select all

if size of array $energy.Array
  append $energy.Array to array $split.ware.Array
end
Uploaded shows

if size of array $salvage.Array
  append $energy.Array to array $split.ware.Array
end
I must have missed an updated file from the last update :oops: I can't test or upload a new full update, but I'll upload the corrected file.

No wonder I wasn't seeing the issue, error between keyboard and chair!

Cheers fella :-)

I will give your addition a run this weekend (pending Girlfriend time) I think it's an addition most users of PM will love.

LA

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Wed, 5. Jan 11, 19:18

PM Bug Fix: 05/01/2011

Fix for PM display of Energy producing Modules

Link

LA

Goncyn
x4

Post by Goncyn » Wed, 5. Jan 11, 19:34

Thanks for the quick fix! As for having time to play X3, no worries, this game is a huge time suck for sure. Also interesting to hear that the Galaxy Tab has at least one fan.

JoeTheDestroyer
x3tc

PM-RnD v7.2-001 released

Post by JoeTheDestroyer » Thu, 13. Jan 11, 17:19

Ok, the first version of my research addon for PM has been released:
PM-RnD v7.2-001

Please post any questions or bug reports in that thread, so we can avoid bugging Logain about stuff not related to his code. Thanks!

-Joe

Logain Abler
x4

Re: PM-RnD v7.2-001 released

Post by Logain Abler » Fri, 14. Jan 11, 09:47

JoeTheDestroyer wrote:Ok, the first version of my research addon for PM has been released:
PM-RnD v7.2-001

Please post any questions or bug reports in that thread, so we can avoid bugging Logain about stuff not related to his code. Thanks!

-Joe
Shiny :-)

Will give this a try, hopefully a welcomed addition.

LA

Link added to OP.

kotorone1
x3tc

Post by kotorone1 » Sun, 23. Jan 11, 22:03

So... does this now work with v 3.0 of X3TC? I

JoeTheDestroyer
x3tc

Post by JoeTheDestroyer » Mon, 24. Jan 11, 08:09

kotorone1 wrote:So... does this now work with v 3.0 of X3TC? I
Yes, I'm running it with 3.0 right now.

---

On another note, I have two more bugs to report.

First, salvaging the Goner Ranger doesn't work. I could select it in the menu, and it ate the ship, but no salvage task showed up and no blueprint. I assume this is because this ship is GO-class (kind of silly, since it should be M3). I wouldn't spend much (if any) time fixing this, though, as the ship is pretty terrible. It's the only ship in that class so it might be better just to filter it out of the Salvage menu.

Second bug is a little more significant. When building stations using multiple modules, the cap check isn't calculated correctly. For example, I tried building an SPP XL using 4 modules. I had the cap set to 5. After the first (or maybe it was second, not sure) station finished, it reported "Cap Reached".

I believe the problem is in plugin.LI.PM.Supply.Module.xml:

051   * Cap Check
052   skip if not $offset > 1
053     $amount = $amount * $offset 
There's no check in the above for if it's a station being built. Changing line 52 to "skip if not $offset > 1 and $type != 6" should fix it. (I see that ship building uses a different code path for the cap check so it doesn't suffer from this.)

Later!
-Joe

Brian5001
x4

Post by Brian5001 » Sat, 16. Apr 11, 07:16

I'd just have to say, this mod completely blows me away by how much is available.

Personally, I'd love to see versions of this that would integrate with the XTC and DDTC mods.

The problem with integrating with DDTC would actually be the modified HQ, since DDTC uses the stock Egosoft HQ for the features and such. But then, if this is that much better than the stock HQ, I'd go for this, for sure.

DDTC uses Pelador's DAD mod and adds a ton of ships and a little over a dozen stations to the game, not to mention a lot of extra AI scripting, that enhances the gameplay and allows for varied difficulties. If this could be made to work with DDTC, I'd love to use it during my gametime.

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Sat, 16. Apr 11, 12:47

Brian5001 wrote:I'd just have to say, this mod completely blows me away by how much is available.

Personally, I'd love to see versions of this that would integrate with the XTC and DDTC mods.

The problem with integrating with DDTC would actually be the modified HQ, since DDTC uses the stock Egosoft HQ for the features and such. But then, if this is that much better than the stock HQ, I'd go for this, for sure.

DDTC uses Pelador's DAD mod and adds a ton of ships and a little over a dozen stations to the game, not to mention a lot of extra AI scripting, that enhances the gameplay and allows for varied difficulties. If this could be made to work with DDTC, I'd love to use it during my gametime.
If you use the script on it's own it should work with any mod.

LA

Brian5001
x4

Post by Brian5001 » Sat, 16. Apr 11, 17:04

Alright, I'll put this on my list of things to give a whirl.

I'm a Beta-Tester for the DDTC mod, and I'm trying to cut my teeth on modding the game, myself.
DDTC just went v1.3!

only-one-jack@hotmail.com

buggy menu

Post by only-one-jack@hotmail.com » Wed, 4. May 11, 00:53

has anyone else had problems with the pm/fdn menu getting gliched and not being possible to close this is realy anoying i can not progress in my game in any way like this

UPDATE: to be exact it is in the {FDN node menu} if i open it it will never close so i cant enable my node , and also in the blueprint manager did i install somthing wrong or i just missing somthing?

DISSREGUARD: it seems the problem is i used the bugfix without updateing to the newist verson i didnt see that it was a new one :?

Logain Abler
x4

Re: buggy menu

Post by Logain Abler » Wed, 4. May 11, 12:19

only-one-jack@hotmail.com wrote:has anyone else had problems with the pm/fdn menu getting gliched and not being possible to close this is realy anoying i can not progress in my game in any way like this

UPDATE: to be exact it is in the {FDN node menu} if i open it it will never close so i cant enable my node , and also in the blueprint manager did i install somthing wrong or i just missing somthing?

DISSREGUARD: it seems the problem is i used the bugfix without updateing to the newist verson i didnt see that it was a new one :?
Cool, all sorted then. My kind of issue!

LA

su27

Post by su27 » Fri, 20. May 11, 13:50

Sorry if it's been already asked but there is no thread search.

Can I salvage mines and get ware blueprints from them in order to product minerals?

Feloidea
x4

Post by Feloidea » Mon, 23. May 11, 22:30

edit2://

How exactly do those modules work?

Can I produce any ware in a PM? Is each PM restricted to one ware or can I create loops in one (or very few) PMs?

outlawgb
x3tc

Post by outlawgb » Fri, 27. May 11, 04:04

logain love your mods just a quick ? i have TL with PM runnng and fdn in and the linked in the tl pm menu but the FDN does not move wres off the TL even though its suppling them also TL does not show up in FDN menu or is this ment to be ?

Transient Energy
x3

Post by Transient Energy » Mon, 6. Jun 11, 13:33

Been having a bit of trouble with this. Not sure if i'm doing something wrong or maybe because i'm using the mac version of TC.

I can get complexes from the LI mod stations and set them up no problem. But I can't figure out how to get TL's and M1's to work. Is there an upgrade somewhere to buy? I tried installing the Supply Command software and loading an LI - Production Complex onto an Argon Mammoth but it just carries it around for placement. I was really looking forward to a mobile base as I just found an Aran with the UFJD!

Transient Energy
x3

Post by Transient Energy » Tue, 7. Jun 11, 02:19

Figured it out. Needed a working version of the Community Configuration Script. I was using 1.20 (no menu came up) but found a copy of 1.30 in zip form here http://forum.egosoft.de/viewtopic.php?t ... highlight=

Can't unpack 1.40 on the mac :(

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”