EGOSOFT and Deep Silver announce X Rebirth

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Sun, 1. May 11, 10:02

Anybody else noticed how many of these are in the released pics? They are everywhere, like spaceflies.
[ external image ]

And constant thrusters to keep a low orbit station in place (circled) .... wonder what happens if you fly through the thruster exhaust? :gruebel:

[ external image ]

Samuel Creshal wrote:Edit after watching the trailer: *sigh* There goes my hope of finally getting rid of Betty...
Wonder if 'Betty' is the unlikely female companion?

jinks
x3

Post by jinks » Sun, 1. May 11, 10:34

Question 4 was roughly translated as I did not understand everything he said but got the meaning. I hope I have translated it right, but anyone i welcome to point out if it made one or more errors, I hope not :D

The questions asked:

1. Q: Will there be sub menu or something about space map or is it still to early to say??

A: We can atm not show the details of the interface and that's because its not all finished, but of course there is some...or what we are trying....and what I already mentioned a few times. There is a very different interface. It will not be like menu over menus witch you have to navigate through and shuffle through. But of course there will be information that you will be able to access. You can call it a menu, but we don't call it that because it presented in another way. That has to do with you interacting with people, who then present you with those information and that changes how the information's are shown.

2. Q: Will there be a cockpit or shown cockpit with information and something about an earlier game (hard to hear)

A: I'm not sure how good that camera that was standing in front was....if you look closely I'm afraid that.. sadly sadly....yes.( then someone saying something about ship model again hard to hear) no no. We can't at this point talk about the details, we must have have little paticience, but not for long, we will very soon release some more details. But yes, let's say it this way, there is for sure "one" cockpit and that's pretty cool and you will see it soon.

3. Q: Will there be a MAC version or just a PC version of the game

A: That has not been decided yet, but there will be a PC version for sure. I would like to see it on a MAC, but we didn't make it for MAC in the past, but it has also something to do with how much workload we can handle. If yes then properly later.

4. Q: Hard to hear, but it was something with MODing

A: oh yeah. I didn't even mention that. Moding and working closely with the communities has always in the past been very important. We can of course not atm make this as open as in the past. In the past there where mostly a bases where you could work from. The game is changing and so the technology and other things. It will properly first be after the game has be released before moders get something to work with. Like in the past they will continue to develop the game after it has been released.
Computer Spec.:

ZX Spectrum 16K + Tape recorder + 32" TV ;)

danleach
x3tc

Post by danleach » Sun, 1. May 11, 10:52

Oh one thing.
If you are going to have nebulae, please don't make them too dense. Its highly unrealistic!

Maxxler

Post by Maxxler » Sun, 1. May 11, 10:54

enclosed you'll find the picture, Bernd mentioned on QA:
[ external image ]
Greetz,
Maxxler

ovisis
x3tc

Post by ovisis » Sun, 1. May 11, 11:04

mark_a_condren wrote:Anybody else noticed how many of these are in the released pics? They are everywhere, like spaceflies.
[ external image ]?
In the announcement trailer, there is one scene where a ship appears to be chased by a pair of them.
stuff

jinks
x3

Post by jinks » Sun, 1. May 11, 11:09

Maxxler wrote:enclosed you'll find the picture, Bernd mentioned on QA:
[ external image ]
Greetz,
Maxxler
woow looks cool

hope that make the cockpit fans happy :D
Computer Spec.:

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Sun, 1. May 11, 11:13

@mark/others w.r.t Companion betty?
I suspect that the female companion is NOT Betty (i.e. I suspect there is a person). In the... facebook page? (or the rebirth page.. I don't remember) one of the key emphasis's was to make the game more personal, (which would of course require people people)

w.r.t Spaceflies :P
I suspect they only have a few completed ships and that one is probably the coolest. (Reminds me on FS2 Mara class fighters)

w.r.t q&a
Menu's with out menu's? Interesting... Tooltips? Gestures? (Voice recognition?) More RTS style interface? (right click = do stuff)

w.r.t cockpits, What does he mean by sadly sadly yet?

w.r.t Wait till release for modding
OH NOES!!!
xsd's schemas first purty plzzzzz (beta schemas?)

Roguey
x4

Post by Roguey » Sun, 1. May 11, 11:13

could someone translate the video and send me the text so I can post on my site? as like many of you, I dont speak german.

surely that's not the whole translation above for 5mins minutes of video?
Roguey's Site: X3TC, X3AP, X3FL, X4.

strude
x4

Post by strude » Sun, 1. May 11, 11:24

[ external image ]
Greetz,
Maxxler
Ewww. Hopefully there is an option to not use that and just have a standard HUD. I'd rather not lose half my visibility thanks.
Gaming PC: Gigabyte H270M-D3H | i7 7700 | 16Gb DDR4 | Gigabyte GTX1060 6Gb OC | Asus Xonar DGX | Window 10 Home 64bit | Samsung 256Gb SSD

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sun, 1. May 11, 11:27

jinks wrote:
[ external image ]
Greetz,
Maxxler
woow looks cool

hope that make the cockpit fans happy :D
It does :)

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

zetharyn
x3tc

Post by zetharyn » Sun, 1. May 11, 11:27

Roguey wrote:could someone translate the video and send me the text so I can post on my site? as like many of you, I dont speak german.

surely that's not the whole translation above for 5mins minutes of video?
i alrdy translated some (i think) important parts before, its on page 68!

i just assume that the unlikely female person is betty too, but the part where he says there will be a ton of ppl might rly indicate that it will be otherwise

zetharyn
x3tc

Post by zetharyn » Sun, 1. May 11, 11:29

zetharyn wrote:AWESOME!!! i'm too tired to translate right now, (3:24 am) but some things he mentioned are soo ****** gr8, i have to tell right now:
first... how big the whole thing is, blows off the expectations of this thread so far...he talks about millions of ppls with their own daily life and how the player can interact with'em..."sometimes there are thousands of ppl in this place, or in another and so on"...

then: it will have a plot to introduce the player to the game, that plot will bi extremely thrilling and gr8 and after that it will become the open sandbox game. a gameplay structure we know well:) he adds, that first, when u interact with npcs and their daily lives, by trading fighting and stuff, you alrdy influence the universe, and when you start to build stations or bigger things, your influence will go further, and so on...

next thing...: he would like to see it on mac, but it is clear that WHEN it would get to mac, it will not be for the release date of the game... maybe later...(to not confuse u: it will of course get released for pc^^)

then he was also asked if there were cockpits... he says, that its not possible to talk about that alrdy, but (and that sounds like a very interesting point...or maybe also a disappointing one i rly don't know...but i stick to interesting^^) there will be one cockpit for sure, and it will be brilliant!....
-> in this answer he also stated, that as i already mentioned, is not allowed to talk about things in detail, and that we need some patience...but not that much cos very soon more info will be revealed:)

good night!
Z.
nvm i quoted it

jinks
x3

Post by jinks » Sun, 1. May 11, 11:35

s9ilent wrote:@mark/
quote]

He said in german "leider leider"

Leider means unfortunately

If I would have to translate the meaning, it would be somthing like "I want to give you somthing but I am realy sad that I can't"

Normal would be to say "leider" once, but he said it twice be cause I think he realy want to give the info to you BUT he is not allowed.

I think people who translate all the time, would translate it differently.
Computer Spec.:

zetharyn
x3tc

Post by zetharyn » Sun, 1. May 11, 11:36

he also mentions at the very beginning, that the "alpha footage stamp" just means that there will be many many things that are going to be changed.

zetharyn
x3tc

Post by zetharyn » Sun, 1. May 11, 11:44

jinks wrote:
s9ilent wrote:@mark/
quote]

He said in german "leider leider"

Leider means unfortunately

If I would have to translate the meaning, it would be somthing like "I want to give you somthing but I am realy sad that I can't"

Normal would be to say "leider" once, but he said it twice be cause I think he realy want to give the info to you BUT he is not allowed.

I think people who translate all the time, would translate it differently.
yes i also understand it that way, also cos there are some hints that show how close he is to actually release things he isn't allowed to. for example he comments once ore twice before he starts to answer questions, something like "hm.. yeah this camera here in the front, when i look closely i worry about ah nvm i cant say much" an so on...
this shows clearly how close he is to let things out^^

and for the question about menus, he answers that it will be completely different. more like getting the needed info together and displayed by other ppl...cant make that out very good.

jinks
x3

Post by jinks » Sun, 1. May 11, 11:50

We hunger so much for information we start to over analyse what people are saying or we think they are saying :lol:

We just have to wait, but think we get more info in the coming week. That is if VERY soon is indeed very soon and not just soon or in a month :o
Computer Spec.:

silentWitness
x3tc

Post by silentWitness » Sun, 1. May 11, 12:15

The alpha footage should be released to the forum... :wink:

Or people will go blind squinting at grainy footage... Think of peoples eyes Egosoft! Or your next game will need a braille controller!

although on the plus you wouldn't need to worry about graphics!

:P

Rednoahl
x4

Post by Rednoahl » Sun, 1. May 11, 12:19

mark_a_condren wrote:
Samuel Creshal wrote:Edit after watching the trailer: *sigh* There goes my hope of finally getting rid of Betty...
Wonder if 'Betty' is the unlikely female companion?
Possibly like Cortana from halo; a personification of one of the CPU ships or an ancient race. If this turns out to be true it could be my fault.

Paranoid66
x3tc

Post by Paranoid66 » Sun, 1. May 11, 12:50

^^^^ I thought the same thing a ship 'Avatar' because of the - unusual - companion reference. Of course a 'Space Gerbil' is always a possibility.

Edit: Alpha footage is a bit scary as features you get all excited about might be dropped.

Is it possible they will reintroduce a graphically revamped version of the X-shuttle as the starting ship perhaps stolen from a museum?
Beyond 'X' Far future (Fanfic): BkI BkII BkIII

Never more than 98.8 percent sure about anything.
98.8 percent sure that anyone who is 100 percent certain needs re-educating for the sake of humanity.

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Sun, 1. May 11, 13:04

Perhaps perhaps perhaps, extremely crazy though here...
What if.. you could walk around the ship? And there are no "cockpits" per say as per x2. But rather, there just is the ENTIRE ships interior with all those panels :O

How else could you have cockpits with out cockpits?

(Thou I am fair stumped at the idea of menus with out menus)
Last edited by s9ilent on Sun, 1. May 11, 13:08, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”