[SCR] Trade Software ST1 - Version 2.02 29/04/2011

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

SpaceTycoon
x4

[SCR] Trade Software ST1 - Version 2.02 29/04/2011

Post by SpaceTycoon » Mon, 25. Apr 11, 15:57

Trade Software ST1 VERSION 2.02 - 29/04/2011 as ZIP-File:
Download here:
Trade Software ST1 V2.02 for X3-Terran ... ct 3.0/3.1

Trade Software ST1 VERSION 2.02 - 29/04/2011 as SPK-File for Plugin Manager (Cycrow):
Download here:
Trade Software ST1 V2.02 for X3-Terran ... ct 3.0/3.1

Ship commands for TS to automate buy and sell for stations.
ONE TS support up to 7 stations.
Make use of the jumpdrive (if you like) without any cost or struggle for energy cells.

This script is a X2-The Thread classics. Now I took the time to adapt it for X3-Terran Conflict.

Read more (complete info and manual) at forum topic of the X2-TheThread Version of this scripts:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=46022
Inside the download packages a manual is included too as README.

There is one important change in this X3-TC version, compared to the old X2 Version:
To change the buy-behavior of ships no longer use of the race relation to Goner and no need for the Ecliptic projector!
Now using the Formation setting of the ship for this.
Formation "Delta" (Standard): Buy at foreign stations only, not at own.
Formation "Pyramid": Buy at own factories only. Never at foreign ones.
All other Formations: Buy at own AND at foreign stations.

Version history:

Version 2.01
First release for X3-TC. Works like X2 version (see link to old topic above).
One difference to X2 version: To buy at own stations use Formation setting (see above).

Version 2.02
* Help text in trade menu extended (more information by pressing "I").
* Full support of complexes (see FAQ).
Last edited by SpaceTycoon on Sun, 14. Oct 18, 09:43, edited 11 times in total.

SpaceTycoon
x4

Post by SpaceTycoon » Mon, 25. Apr 11, 15:58

FAQ and Tipps

How to start with these scripts quick and easy?
After installation of the scripts buy Trade Software ST1 at an Equipment Dock.
I suggest to buy Jumpdrive, Boost-Extension and my Navigation Software ST1 too.
Now open command menue of the ship.
Most important: Set Missile Fire Probability
The Missile Fire Probability define, how much of a ware the TS holds in factory.
For TS which buy resources, settings between 40% and 100% are ok.
For TS which sell products, settings below 40% are ok. I suggest 5% or 10%.
Now enter Trade menue and choose the command and then the stations, the TS should work for.

How can a TS buy for my complexes?
If you use the trade command Supply Sector... and the TS finds a complex in the sector, the TS buys the resources for the complex.
If the TS should buy all intermediate products too, go to settings of the complex and set the Intermediate Product Trading to "Buy" or "Buy and Sell".
The function Supply Factories... works the same. The only difference is, that you choose which complexes or factories the TS should buy for.

I want to buy only one special intermediate for my complex, how can I get this?
Use the trade command Supply with Resource... and choose the intermediate product.
For this command the settings of Intermediate Product Trading in the complex don't matter.
The TS will buy the product, regardless of the setting "No", "Buy", "Buy and Sell" or "Sell".

How can I sell for complexes?
If you use the trade command Sell FabProduct for best price... you have to choose the factories and complexes the TS should sell for.
The TS then sell the product of the choosen stations.
If the TS should sell all the intermediate products of a complex too,
set the Intermediate Product Trading in complex to "Sell" or "Buy and Sell".
If you want to sell only one special intermediate product, use trade command Sell StationWare for best price...
and choose the product and the intermediate you like to sell.
Regardless of the complex setting "Intermediate Product Trading" the TS will sell. Even if you set this to "No".
If you want to prevent the seller TS from selling all amount of a intermediate product of the complex,
just set the Missile Fire Probabillity to 30% or 40%. Then the seller TS only sell if the amount of ware raises above these settings.

I use a TS for 7 Crystal plants to buy all their Resources.
I like the TS to buy the intermediate product energy at my complex. How can i get this?

Set the Intermediate Product Trading in complex to "Sell".
Set the price of energy in complex to a high amount if you dont want other races (NPC) to buy.
Set the Formation in the TS to anything else but "Delta" (read at first topic above about the Formation settings).

I like to collect 250.000 crystals from my many crystal plants to one central hubstation fast and easy.
Equip a freighter with my Trade Software ST1, my Navigation Software ST1, Jumpdrive and Boost-Extension.
And SETA if you dont want arrival messages.
Open station menue of the station where you want to accumulate the ware.
Set the jump range high enough so freighters can find all your crystal fabs.
The price dont matters, because if TS buy at own plants, they pay the sellers price.
So provide enough money for buying in the central station.
Now open freighters command menue.
Set Formation to "Pyramid" (with this setting the TS buy only at own stations).
Set Missile Fire Probability to 100% (fills the central station the TS buys for up to 100%).
Go to Trade menue and choose "Supply with Resources".
Choose the station you want to accumulate the ware and then the ware (crystal) 7 times repeated.
The TS will buy all crystals at all your crystal factories in the given jump range for the station you choosed.
Last edited by SpaceTycoon on Tue, 10. May 11, 13:12, edited 17 times in total.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 25. Apr 11, 19:24

Would it be possible, despite the X2 heritage, to adopt in this version some of the X3TC UI options, such as menu's or custom commands (outside the fixed list)?
Example

SpaceTycoon
x4

Post by SpaceTycoon » Tue, 26. Apr 11, 12:47

jlehtone wrote:Would it be possible, despite the X2 heritage, to adopt in this version some of the X3TC UI options, such as menu's or custom commands (outside the fixed list)?
Example
I will take a look.
These functions are brandnew for me so first I need to try them out and learn how to work with.

edwardecl
x3tc

Post by edwardecl » Tue, 26. Apr 11, 15:24

One small problem...

The packaged script says it's for X3: Reunion instead of X3TC and complains about it being for the wrong game (installed it anyway) but that might need changing :).

Also the same for your navigation script...

SpaceTycoon
x4

Post by SpaceTycoon » Tue, 26. Apr 11, 15:40

Yeah, but thats only a problem of Cycrows plugin manager.
I took his old version for packing, and this version dont know about X3-TC
Have to repack then...

edwardecl
x3tc

Post by edwardecl » Tue, 26. Apr 11, 15:47

I set up my super freighter with both the software plus boost extension set the ware (crystal) then selected a few factories but it just crashed my game :(.

Do you have to select all 7 factories at once? just trying to see if it would transfer crystals from all (upto 6?) complexes to my Xenon Hub. Perhaps it was the xenon hub that made it crash ^^ (I added that as a station).

I will try out your navigation script instead.

SpaceTycoon
x4

Post by SpaceTycoon » Tue, 26. Apr 11, 15:53

I wrote a way to work with in your own topic http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=300409
Where you've asked for a script.
Last edited by SpaceTycoon on Tue, 26. Apr 11, 16:18, edited 1 time in total.

edwardecl
x3tc

Post by edwardecl » Tue, 26. Apr 11, 16:14

Tried it again and it didn't crash the game this time (odd) but it didn't do exactly what I wanted it to do with the crystals as it seems to trade outside of your own factories (I wanted to move internal stock only). Great for supplying upto 7 factories/complexs though seems to do as it should.

Just the slight problem where that you have to select the same station or resource multiple times if you dont want to add any more of them. There has to be a better way of setting these like in luckies trading script where you can whitelist/blacklist trading goods.

I might have even used this to move produced weapons from my complex's to my hub and even HQ using only the one ship. But without some way of white/blacklisting stations to trade with I don't think it will work.

Still a great script that has it uses though.

Edit: Ah I spoke too soon :).

SpaceTycoon
x4

Post by SpaceTycoon » Tue, 26. Apr 11, 16:28

edwardecl wrote:but it didn't do exactly what I wanted it to do with the crystals as it seems to trade outside of your own factories (I wanted to move internal stock only).
All sell commands dont care about player owned stations. They do not sell to them.
Only the "Supply..." commands can limited to player owned stations, by setting the Formation of the freighter to "Pyramid".
edwardecl wrote:Just the slight problem where that you have to select the same station or resource multiple times if you dont want to add any more of them. There has to be a better way of setting these like in luckies trading script where you can whitelist/blacklist trading goods.
So there the focus is on goods, my scripts focus on factories/stations.
And as I developed my scripts in the early days of X2, the script commands were limited.
Now adapted the old scripts 1 to 1 in X3-TC, but will see what the future brings with the new script commands...
edwardecl wrote:Still a great script that has it uses though.
Thanks. :-) Its heavy in use by loads of german players.

SpaceTycoon
x4

Post by SpaceTycoon » Sat, 30. Apr 11, 09:53

I made an update of my scripts today. See version history and FAQ above.

soulmonarch
x4

Post by soulmonarch » Mon, 2. May 11, 23:16

Just wanted to let you know that this is great. I've been looking for a way to automate multiple independent stations within a sector at once for quite a while. (CAG and CLS don't really provide that kind of functionality.)

I am definitely looking forward to future releases! As noted above, getting this to work smoothly with the X3TC UI options would pretty much seal this as one of the "must have" mods for the game.
"I pledge to punch all switches, to never shoot where I could use grenades, to admit the existence of no level except Total Carnage, to never use Caps Lock as my 'run' key, and to never, ever, leave a single Bob alive."
- The Oath of the Vidmaster

SpaceTycoon
x4

Post by SpaceTycoon » Sat, 7. May 11, 12:28

Great to hear this! :)

To change the functions to the new TC UI menue...
...hmmm it would only look a bit different. But to choose the stations would be neccessary too.
I want maximum flexibility as player to decide where to buy and to sell. This cant be made without let the player do the work to choose.

I only can try to change that choosing of 7 times repeated not longer appears. So if a player only want to buy/sell for 3 stations that he only need to choose 3.
Must take a closer look if the new UI functions can help here...

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 7. May 11, 21:46

As a trader,I am interested in a TC version of this,so I am following closely. :)

SpaceTycoon
x4

Post by SpaceTycoon » Tue, 10. May 11, 13:05

This IS the TC version of the scripts here. :)
Two Download-Links above in first topic.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 10. May 11, 22:25

Yes ,I am aware that it is TC related.
The point I was making is that I am watching developments. :)

Zeripper

Post by Zeripper » Sat, 13. Aug 11, 23:16

I've set up a TS to buy energy cells for my 2 mines. Max buying price is set to 12 on both mines, there are 2 solar power plants (computer owned) in the sector who sell at 12, but my TS keeps travelling 3 sectors away to buy ECells for 16 at a military outpost.

I"ve noticed the selling command has a "bestprice" options, but not the supply one. Maybe it's just bot made for that.

I also have a "readtext2010-411" line in my trade commands menu, tho I'm not if it's your script that is responsible or another one...

Anything I forgot?

SpaceTycoon
x4

Post by SpaceTycoon » Sun, 14. Aug 11, 11:23

'Readtext2010-411' isnt related to my script.
Typically this error happens
- if there is a setup-script inside your 'scripts' folder which define a command.
- but the textfile for this script in folder 't' do not exist (deleted or never installed).
For example, my script 'setup.tradesoftwareST1.xml' use the script-command 'load text: id=7077'
to load the textfile '7077-L044' in folder 't' which includes the neccessary text output for my scripts.
So you should search your scripts folder for scripts called 'setup.....' and look inside the script for command 'load text: id xxxx'.
Then compare the number with the numbers of the file names in your folder 't'.
If you find a script 'setup....' which refers to a not exisiting textfile-number in your folder 't' you've found the reason for the 'readtext2010-411'.

Regarding your buy problem...
My scripts for buying resources always look for best price.
So the 'bestprice' isn't especially declared in the commands.
If the script isn't able to find a seller factory in the given jump range which sells for the best price (the price defined in your mine or a lower price),
it falls back to search Docks (like the military outpost) to buy there for the avarage price.
The thought behind this is, to keep the factory (your mine) working, even if resources for the cheapest price are not to find.

One reason that the script don't find the solar power plants to buy there.
- They can be foe to the ship (TS) or to you. So docking at the SPP isn't allowed for you (or for the TS).
In this case the script search other SPP in range of the mine and if none to find, it searches docks in range.

Actually have no other clue, what reason can prevent the TS from buying at the SPP.
But if the friend/foe thing isn't the reason, try a higher price (13) or try out a lower jump range (1 or 2) at the mines and look what happens.

Zeripper

Post by Zeripper » Sun, 14. Aug 11, 14:49

Thanks for your quick answer :)

I changed the price to 13, and the TS began to go to the solar plants, even tho they did sell at 12 :p

as for the command line, I have a bunch of scripts installed and can't read a programming line, so I'll leave it as it is :D

Now to try and prevent them to cross Xenon sectors :evil:

SpaceTycoon
x4

Post by SpaceTycoon » Sun, 14. Aug 11, 17:15

Zeripper wrote:Thanks for your quick answer :)
I changed the price to 13, and the TS began to go to the solar plants, even tho they did sell at 12 :p
Oh, this sounds like I have a little mistake in coding. :(
Have to check the buy script, may be I mistyped a price check.
May be I typed "<" (lower as) instead of "<="... Will have a look...

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”