[AL Plugin] Universal Banking "The Financial Revolution Continues" v502 26-01-11

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Sat, 2. Apr 11, 19:04

I forgot to thank you (and the others ofcourse) on your work on the new MSCI manual.

Someday....

Thanks!
Projects:
Onhold..... time time....

breytac
x4

Post by breytac » Fri, 22. Apr 11, 13:50

This is a great script. I have one question thought. I am no where near the point yet (just restarted a savegame I found from 1 to 2 years ago) but I was wondering if one linked account gets to 2 billion, can I start another account and link that one to my stations, thus having over 2 billion credits? Or is the 2 billion credit limit hard coded into the game?

LarryBurstyn
x4

Post by LarryBurstyn » Fri, 22. Apr 11, 15:18

breytac wrote:This is a great script. I have one question thought. I am no where near the point yet (just restarted a savegame I found from 1 to 2 years ago) but I was wondering if one linked account gets to 2 billion, can I start another account and link that one to my stations, thus having over 2 billion credits? Or is the 2 billion credit limit hard coded into the game?
You can have more accounts than one....and the limit per account is 1.5B credits. When an account will go over that limit it opens another account and auto names it and puts the excess in the new account. Unless it goes over the limit with a deposit by you. I don't think there is a limit to the number of accounts. There is a place to set up accounts for each station and it will auto deposit/withdraw funds from the station when the credits fall below or exceeed the set up amounts.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Fri, 22. Apr 11, 20:54

@ breytac

What LarryBurstyn said, it's spot on. Thanks for answering while i was busy LarryBurstyn :thumb_up:
LarryBurstyn wrote:I don't think there is a limit to the number of accounts.
You can create and link as many accounts as you want to the station credit manager, they will however be prioritised in the order listed. Each account will be auto limited to 1.5Bn but due to multiple accounts you can well exceed the usual 2Bn limit. Hence making vast sums of credits available to your stations if required.

MarCon

PS. Happy Easter ALL.

breytac
x4

Post by breytac » Sat, 23. Apr 11, 02:56

Thanks for the answers guys. Much appreciateed. Now, on to make those creditsssssss!

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Sat, 30. Apr 11, 04:46

Hi all.

loupgarou93 has kindly provided a french translation of the 't' file. It is available as a seperate download from the OP for the time being. I will include it in the next update of the script packed with the other files, but for now it is a separate DL.

Also available here: French t file

loupgarou93 has asked for permission to make a thread for Universal Banking, and possibly Stock Exchange also, in the French forums. This has been given. I will post links to the French threads in the OP of the relevant English threads as they become available.

Thank you loupgarou93

MarCon

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Sun, 8. May 11, 13:02

Hi guys, how does the mortgage for shis and stations work in game?

Thanks,
Lord D.

LIZERTECH
x3ap

Post by LIZERTECH » Mon, 25. Jul 11, 22:49

hi, does this works with station financial manager?

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Tue, 26. Jul 11, 03:42

@ LIZERTECH

I would strongly recommend you not have two different scripts doing the same job. Pick one or the other to handle the credit levels at you stations.

You can have both scripts installed and use their other functions, but neither s9ilent or I would be held responsible for you using them both at the same time to control credits at the same stations. As you should also not use them in conjunction with the standard in game 'Auto money transfer'.

As i have not used s9ilent's 'Station Financial Manager' i can't say how compatible they actually will be, but as long as they aren't trying to do exactly the same thing, there shouldn't be to many issues.

MarCon

LIZERTECH
x3ap

Post by LIZERTECH » Thu, 28. Jul 11, 11:54

thanks for the reply mark, actually what i did is just run this universal banking on stations that does not have the sfm on. thanks for the great script btw :D

sabbede
x4

Post by sabbede » Sun, 31. Jul 11, 19:11

Is there a way to change the min/max presets? I was looking through the scripts for them, but I'm an idiot. Well, a guy who doesn't know how to really read scripts anyhow.
Asus TUF x570 PRO Wi-Fi
AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
32gig Patriot Viper PC4-35200
RTX 3070Ti
EVGA 850 GS PSU
Windows 10 x64
and a joystick.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Mon, 1. Aug 11, 04:37

@ sabbede

Which min/max presets are you trying to change? A bit more detail and specifics and i might be able to help. It's been a while since i was in the code, so i might have to go hunting the answer myself :wink:

MarCon

LordDeimosIV
x4

Post by LordDeimosIV » Tue, 2. Aug 11, 01:59

How do i open the main menu without having to go to the script manager?

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Tue, 2. Aug 11, 04:52

@ LordDeimosIV

You can set a hotkey to open the main menu.

If this is what you meant, then;

Esc/Options/Controls/Interface Tab - down near the bottom is Universal Banking. You can set a hotkey for it from there.

MarCon

MadDog101

Post by MadDog101 » Fri, 5. Aug 11, 20:00

How do i get this script/mod? and i looked up the scripy for adding money, but idk how to use it. I already put thereshallbewings and i cant find the place.to put the script :!: :evil:
Inside the HUB... (slowly watches credits slip thru fingers for mission..) groan..

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Sat, 6. Aug 11, 03:44

@ MadDog101

Hi,

I take it from your join date (today) that you aren't very familiar with how to use scripts and mods, which is not a problem, so I'll give a brief overview.

Scripts are written to be run by the games script engine, these are to be installed into the 'scripts' and 't' folders that are located in the games main directory folder. These are normally packed as SPK files that require Cycrows' plugin manager to install or as a zip folder that can be extracted to the games main directory.

Mods are modifications to the game files as found in the std cat/dat pairs in the game directory, files like Tdocks, Tstations, Tships etc. These are normally packed as cat/dat pairs in a zip folder by their creators. These can be extracted to either the 'mod' folder in the main directory or extracted to the main directory and have their name changed to the next highest cat/dat pair, ie 15 ...

As this is a script, you can either download the SKP version or the ZIP version, both are available for you to choose from in the Opening Post of this thread. If you use the Zip version just download the file to a folder of your choice on your computer and then extract it and set the extract to folder as the X3TC main folder. All script and t files will then be extracted and placed in the correct folders for you.

Hope this helps. If you have any more question don't hesitate to ask.

MarCon

Maxces C Covert
x3

Post by Maxces C Covert » Sun, 7. Aug 11, 02:02

Thank you for that reminder mark_a_condren! :P I so love this game and all that can be done with it. If your banking script works and has no conflicts with my current game, I'll make it one of my must haves. The concept is sound and fantastic!

Shockonator

Post by Shockonator » Tue, 23. Aug 11, 06:29

I seem to have an issue with my Universal Banking mod, whither it presides in a conflict between it and another, or an installation issue I have no idea. I have tried both methods of installation. The SPK and the zip. Here are some screenshots depicting my predicament, as I have no idea what information to offer in order to help you help me lol.

--= Images removed as requested. =--

I'm really no expert but it seems like my computer has an issue with the script or something. I dono. Its over my head. Hope I can get some help lol
Last edited by Shockonator on Tue, 23. Aug 11, 12:51, edited 2 times in total.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Tue, 23. Aug 11, 10:02

@ Shockonator

:o Not good ...

It's not a conflict with anything else. It looks like there is a script file missing or not running :? . The one that monitors and creates the accounts arrays if they don't exist.

Q's for you.
What version of the plugin manager are you using?
What order did you do the installs, spk then zip or the other way around?
What version of windows?
When you had the first problem, did you use the option to 'remove scripts' from the options menu? If you didn't this may cause the problem to remain even after reinstalling the zip version, as the part of the script that creates everything on first run will not have run on the second install because when it checked for the files it would have found them and not recreated them. Thus any error on the first creation would remain.

The more of this info you can give me the better i can help you.

TRY this,
So uninstall from the script options menu in game (do complete remove), and wait until you get the subtitle message that it's uninstalled. Exit the game and uninstall the scripts, if you are using win7 make sure you get rid of all the hidden files it creates as well. Load the game and then save it. Exit the game and reload the scripts, use the zip files, then load the save you just created. Check if it's now working.

Let me know if this works, if not can you pls provide the answers to the Q's i asked.

EDIT:
Can i get you to take the image tags off the pics pls, thought the info they showed was helpful, they are way to big, thanks

MarCon

Shockonator

Post by Shockonator » Tue, 23. Aug 11, 13:00

Plugin Version - 1.30

Install order - SPK first, then removed via Manager, then the zip version.

Version of windows - Windows 7

I attempted to uninstall the script inside the game through the scripts uninstall option, however I was unable. When ever I clicked on the uninstall function it simply took me back to a previous page. The one that displays the bank accounts and other various information.

When the issue first occurred I did not try to uninstall it through the script right off the bat. I removed the spk by uninstalling it through the manager, then installed the zip version. Perhaps the problem lies there, but I'm curious as to what caused it to malfunction in the first place.

Going to try manually removing it all, then saving like I THINK you suggested :p

:EDIT:

Okay so, manually removed all of the files that were included in the zip file. Upon reentering the game after starting it up again I noticed no mention of the script being uninstalled. However, the "Custom: option in the command console didn't exist anymore.

Also, pressing s in the command console does not open the script editor for me.. :S not sure what to do there.

:EDIT 2:

New development. I am re installing the game lol. I figure it will be easier.

If the issue with the Universal Bank arises again I will make an edit.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”