TD's Guide to the World of Mobile Mining! -Updated-

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

-TD-13-
x3

TD's Guide to the World of Mobile Mining! -Updated-

Post by -TD-13- » Tue, 9. Mar 04, 16:23

TD'S GUIDE TO
THE WORLD OF MOBILE MINING

---------------------------------------------------
***UPDATED for the 1.4 patch***
-No more Mantas, they can no longer hold XL cargo
-Slight price changes
-TS Cargo and Speed changes
Also updated with a new section thanks to thecwby- it lists every silicon consuming factory in the Universe, by sector! Scroll down and check it out, it's not something to be missed.
-----------------------------------------------------

Welcome to TD’s Guide to the World of Mobile Mining!

For newbies and Veterans alike, this guide is to help those exploring the X-Universe's new, slightly ignored, yet highly profitable feature, mobile mining.

Before we get started, lets answer a few questions.

Q: What is Mobile Mining?

A: Good Question. Mobile Mining is a new feature in the X-Universe. Using a combination of new mining equipment and ships, you can literally deprive an asteroid of its resources with out any continuing cost to the player. In essence, after the ship and equipment are paid for- anything you mine is yours free to sell for pure profit!

Q: Ok, this is all great and stuff, but why write a guide on it?

A: Didn’t I mention that mobile mining easily has the potential to be more profitable than any factory in the game? Yep, you heard me. Because Mobile Mining relies on the demand from the AI factories rather then the production rate and resource cost of a player factory, it does not have a clear max profit. And on top of that, because it really doesn’t cost anything to mine except the initial ship, all profits you earn from mining are pure profit. (That means there are absolutely no production costs of any kind) Take a look- just one good run of Silicon can make you 300,000cr in less than an hour. Nice. 8)

Q: What makes this different than other things in X2?

A: Well for one, mobile mining isn’t a “set and forget” operation, unlike most factories. The player must be involved in some way, as the AI can’t do it by itself. This is bad news for those who love to use SETA for long periods of time, as if you’re going to get into the mobile mining biz, you’ll have to use SETA a lot less. Second, although the income isn’t always as secure as a normal factory, it still has the potential to be more profitable than a normal factory. However, it is more secure than capturing. (Well, unless you’re really good at capturing.) And finally, to get started in mobile mining, all you will need is one good ship, that will cost about the same amount as a factory.

Q: Shut up! I want to get started!

A: Although not really a question, sure thing. This guide is broken down into 3 so called parts. They are the set-up, simple mining, and advanced mining.

Let's get started!

THE BUSINESS OF MOBILE MINING
Fact: Mobile mining relies more on the surrounding AI factories ability to consume their resources rather than the production times/costs of a single player owned factory. In essence, you can easily make more money than any factory in the entire universe, due to these lack on confines. (By a long shot!)

Station Mining vs. Mobile Mining
There is a VERY big difference between the two. If you’re looking solely for profit, than Mobile Mining is the way to go. Station Mining (Building Ore/Silicon Mines on asteroids) does NOT make good profit. An Ore Mine can only make a maximum profit of around 19,000cr per hour, while a silicon mine can make a max profit of around 24,000 an hour, depending on the asteroid’s yield. Even on the best yields however, the max profit for both kinds of factories will very rarely exceed 30,000cr an hour. Profit wise, mobile mining has the edge. Just simple mobile mining alone can make you 250,000 a run! (But remember- you can still flood the market this way) There are only several benefits to station mining. First off, with factories you can “set and forget”. Mobile mining nearly always requires the player to be apart of the process. (This may change with future scripts from the community of course. ;) ) Second, Ore and Silicon mines are good for supplying other factories, at a more automated and constant rate. But when it comes down to profit, mobile mining easily wins.

Profit of Mobile Mining
Unlike factories, mobile mining relies simply on the player’s ability to gather and sell the mined material. Anything the player makes by doing this is considered pure profit, as there are no production costs, except for the initial cost of the ship. Because of this, it is very difficult to estimate how much a player will make. Usually, selling a load of silicon for near max price will get you around 300,000. So, if you’re dealing with silicon, you can expect to make around 100,000-300,000 per trip. If you start a convoy of mining ships, you can easily make 800,000 an hour- more than any station can hope to make! (Remember… your profits will go down if you flood the market with your mined product)

Asteroids: What they can do for you

Yield: What’s it all mean
An asteroid’s yield stands for how rich the asteroid is in its peticular material (Ore/Silicon/Nividium) Generally, the higher the yield, the more material you can get from the said asteroid. Use yield signs wisely! If your cargo bay is small, don’t go and mine a high yield asteroid! You’ll only waste the asteroid’s contents because you won’t be able to pick up all of the asteroid’s remains.

(Note: For station mining, the higher the yield, the lower the production time of the factory built on it)

Asteroid Chunks
No, not a breakfast cereal. These are the good pieces of the asteroid that break off when you destroy the asteroid with a mobile drilling system. They can only be scooped up into your cargo bay and sold for profit IF you have the Ore collector installed on the collecting ship. Otherwise, you’ll get some nasty hull damage when you go to bring the chunks into your cargo bay. :shock: Asteroid chunks contain different amounts of material per chunk, which also varies along with how many chunks are made. The amount of variation is due to the asteroid’s original yield.

The greater the yield, the greater amounts of asteroid chunks, and the greater amounts of yield per asteroid chunk.

Silicon vs. Ore vs. Nividium
In the current X-Universe, there are only 3 types of mineable resources. They are Silicon, Ore, and Nividium. Ore is by far the most common, with Nividium as the rarest. (In fact, Nividium is so rare that it is only found (so far) in undiscovered Unknown Sectors, like the one next to Xenon Sector 534) So… which resource is the most profitable? Ore is too common, and generally a single trip will make you only in the thousands. Nividium, while rare and high priced, it is not the most profitable. Because only a few select factories buy it, and only in quantities less than two, it is not possible to keep a constant high profit with them. As you might have guessed, Silicon is by far the most profitable element to mine in the game. It can make you up to 300,000cr per single trip! During most of this guide I will be referring to Silicon, as that is the element of choice.

Asteroid Respawning
In order to keep the Universe filled up asteroids, the game will respawn destroyed asteroids after a given amount of time. The asteroid comes back with a random yield of its previous element. Respawning takes about 2-3 days after the said asteroid is destroyed.
3iff wrote:You also forgot to mention about those HUGE asteroids with tunnels that you can't break up with normal mining...
...fly inside a tunnel, then shoot.

[ external image ]

HOW TO MOBILE MINE

Finally! This section is dedicated to the art of mobile mining an asteroid. It goes over what kind of ships/upgrades/equipment is needed, how mining is performed, and selling your mined goods.

Choosing a Mining Ship
There are only a handful of ships that are capable of mobile mining. Choosing the right ship is up to you. Keep in mind: A good mining ship needs to be somewhat fast, able to carry all of the equipment needed, and have an extremely large cargo bay. Here I will go over the basic ships that are capable of mining.

Split Caiman -TS Class
Speed: 158.91 m/s
Accel: 4 m/s^2
Steering: 11.69%
Cargo Bay: 1300u XL (From 300)
Turrets 1:
Front Turret: IREs, some PACs
Back Turret: Mass Driver, Mining Laser, and Ion Disrupter
Shields: 2* 25mw

Teladi Vulture –TS Class
Speed: 123.73 m/s
Accel: 3 m/s^2
Steering: 11.69%
Cargo Bay: 2000u XL (From 800)
Turrets 1:
No Front guns
Back Turret: Mining Laser, and Alpha PSG
Shields: 2* 25mw

Paranid Demeter –TS Class
Speed: 117.11 m/s
Accel: 3 m/s^2
Steering: 17.9%
Cargo Bay: 1500u XL (From 666)
Turrets 1:
Front Turret: Mining Laser, Alpha PSG
Back Turret: Mining Laser, Alpha PSG
Shields: 3* 25mw

TD’s Choice: For my first mining ship, I chose the Teladi Vulture. It is the second fastest ship in the lot and has the largest cargo bay. Not to mention when everything is bought and paid for, it is also the cheapest of the TS’s. I’m not using the ship for fighting, so I don’t need the strong weapons and shields of the Split and Paranid models. All you really need is a weapon just strong enough to keep the Khaak M5s and M3s off your back. :wink: The Teladi vulture’s single APSG does come in handy, and it’s enough to get the job done.

All TLs can also use the minning laser. Although they're faster than all of the TS’s and obviously have the largest cargo bay, they are a bloody pain in the neck to line up with asteroids. Not to mention their huge cost of over 20 million and the fact that you will need support ships to gather the materials. :P

Equipment
A mining ship is useless without it’s equipment. What shields and weapons you put on your ship is up to you (and your bank account!). Remember, one can never be to prepared… Here are some basic equipment that will come in handy:

Mobile Drilling Laser = Needed! Used Like a weapon to break up asteroids into chunks
Ore Collector = Needed! Allows you to scoop up asteroid chunks into your cargo bay
Special cmd Software Mk1= Allows you to use Auto Pilot to collect the asteroid chunks
Full Engine Tunings = Time is money!
Full Rudder Upgrades = TSs turn slow. If you’ve got a mining back turret, might be a good idea
Mineral Scanner = Needed! Allows you to see the yield and type of the scanned asteroid
Jump Drive = Allows you to get places extremely quick to gather and sell your goods
Best Selling Locator = With this you can find out where to sell your stuff for top dollar without having to scan every station in the sector
Shields: I recommend at least a 5mw. At best they will help you from accidental collisions with Asteroid Chunks.
Weapons: Not really needed, but who knows when you’ll run into a bit of trouble…

How Exactly to Mine an Asteroid
Ok, you’ve got a brand new TS and you’re cruising through space. Let’s mine an asteroid!

Step 1: Find a suitable asteroid. If you are in a sector with a few asteroids, target and fly up to one of asteroids and then press the ‘i’ key. This will scan the asteroid, and bring up a screen with its element type, yield and a graphic of its size. As this is just as test, any asteroid will do. (Note: you must be within 20km of the targeted asteroid in order to scan it)
Step 2: Now, exit out of that scanning screen, and fly within 300m of the asteroid. This can be a little nerve racking at first. In my opinion, using the external view and rotating the camera around the ship works best to estimate how close you are to the asteroid. (The target range is always a little off because it targets the center of the asteroid, and not the outer wall of the asteroid)
Step 3: Equip your mining laser by going into your ship's menu (‘s’) and then hitting the ‘g’ key. Use the arrow keys to select the mobile drilling laser, and then press 'enter' to equip it.
Step 4: Depending on which ship you have, you may need to rotate or align your ship up so that your turret/front gun is pointing straight at the asteroid.
Step 5: One you are lined up, start shooting! If your shot’s miss (they pass through the asteroid or disappear before hitting it) you are still to far away. Get closer and re-align your gun. Then keep shoot'n!
Step 6: After 10-20 shots from your mining laser, the asteroid should explode into many smaller asteroid chunks.
Step 7: Now, if you have purchased the Ore Collector upgrade, you will be able to scoop up the asteroid chunks into your cargo bay. Treat each asteroid piece as if it were a cargo container. Press ‘o’ and then fly into them. They will be sent straight to your cargo bay.
Step 8: Collecting the asteroid chunks manually takes a while. If you have purchased the Special cmd Software upgrade, you will be able to scoop up all of the pieces on autopilot. Go into your ship’s comm menu, and activate “Gather all wares in Sector” command. Your ship should now start collecting the asteroid pieces on it’s own. You can even use SETA to speed up the process even more.
Step 9: Selling your stuff. You can make the selling bit a little easier/faster if you have the Best Selling Locator. To use it, hit the ‘5’ key. It should bring up a menu showing where you can sell each item on your ship. Scroll down to silicon and look at the price. If the price is too low or average, fly to another sector and try the Selling Locator again. Repeat until you’ve found a good place to sell your material. Once you've found the perfect spot to sell, dump off your goods and get paid.

Well there you go! You’ve officially mined and sold an asteroid. To keep making money at it, try other elements, particularly Silicon. All you have to do to keep the profit rolling is just rinse and repeat.

Getting your goods around
Now, you don’t have to collect the asteroid chunks yourself. If you want, you can buy a couple of TLs to pick up

the asteroid's remains. This will give you plenty of cargo space to work with. Make sure your collecting ships are equipped with the Ore collector!! If not, they won’t be able to pick up the asteroid chunks, and they will just sit there. You should give each ship the same upgrades as your personal mining ship, except for the Best Selling locator, the Mineral Scanner, and the Mining laser and the jump drive.

Team TS
Whether you just need a few helping hands to carry Silicon/Ore around, or you need a fleet of ships to feed your TL and stock mines... transports are a major part of minning life. Here's a short breakdown on all of the ones avalible.

There are 2 major things you should look for in a transporter ship. One, speed. Your TS will need to move fast in order to pick up all of the silicon dropped by the asteriod before it disapears. Speed also helps get your ships out of tricky situations, and make several trips without taking up to much time. Second, cargo. Cargo pretty much determines how much of the asteriod you collect, along with how much money you make. The more cargo the better! (It also means less trips to your TL to unload them)

TS - Split Caiman
Speed: 189.18 m/s
Cargo: 600/1500 units
Sheilds: 2x25mw
Price:
-S = 150k
-M = 250k
-L = 650k

TS - Teladi Vulture
Speed: 123.73 m/s
Cargo: 1600/2500 units
Sheilds: 2x25mw
Price:
-S = 150k
-M = 230k
-L = 500k

TS - Boron Dolphin
Speed: 120 m/s
Cargo: 2000/3000 units
Sheilds: 3x25
Price:
-S = 170k
-M = 310k
-L = 720k

TS - Argon Mercury
Speed: 150 m/s
Cargo: 900/1800 units
Shield: 3x25mw
Price:
- S = 130k
- M = 250k
- L = 700k

TS - Paranid Demeter
Speed: 175 m/s
Cargo: 999/1665
Sheilds: 3x25
Price:
-S = 130k
-M = 250k
-L = 700k

Cargo Upgrade Chart wrote:1000 extra units = 500k
750 extra units = 300k
500 extra units = 130k
250 extra units = 34k
TD's Choice:
Well, for certain jobs I'd have cetain TSs. For collecting, I'd definitily use the Paranid Demeter. It's the second fastest TS, and starts with a decent Cargo bay (1 unit off of the old Manta's cargo bay- which before the 1.4 patch it was the best collecting/storing ship. They are only around 25m/s off in speed as well). The caiman is also extremely cheep, making a fleet or replacements affordable. As for storage, the Dolphin wins out easily. 2000 units of starting cargo is amazing, and the price isn't to bad either. :wink:

Equip your TS’s with the following Equipment to get the best results:
-Ore Collector = Needed! Allows you to scoop up asteroid chunks into your cargo bay
-Special cmd Software Mk1= Allows you to use Auto Pilot to collect all asteroid chunks
-Navigational Software = Helps them get around easier
-Full Engine Tunings = Time is money!
-Full Rudder Upgrades = TS turn slow. If you’ve got a back turret, might be a good idea
-Shields: Whatever suits your playing style, 2-3 x 5mw shields are good enough
-Weapons: Warning! If your TS is equipped with weapons or Fight software, instead of trying to run, it will turn and fight the enemy! More often than not, it will lose.

~~~~~Jumping~~~~
If you have the 1.3 or 1.4 patch installed, you should notice a new command under the navigation commands menu. You now have the power to tell your ships to jump around the universe. Use this to your advantage! You can now easily create a team of mining ships that can jump around the universe to sell their products. You can also use the selling locator on each one, allowing you to maximize your profits. :D

Keeping it real
It may be very difficult to defend yourself and your convoy of ships from your single mobile mining TS! If you have purchased a good fighter ship, have it follow your TS wherever it goes. Also install the Goner’s transporter device on each ship, so that you can hop from ship to ship with relative ease. This will give you the ability to save your mining operation from any trouble you run into.

Hornet Missile Minning
(aka- dynamite fishermans mining technique(tm) )

You can also use hornet missiles to mine asteriods. Just target the asteriod and let one rip..... errr... the hornet missle that is. Hornet missiles cost around 10,000cr each. Although they will eat into your profit margins for Ore and Nividium, they will only dent a silicon roid's profit. Also, Hornet missiles are a much faster way of minning.

Negatives:
1. When you use hornet missiles, it destoryes a good portion of the yeild along with it. This means you will get much less per roid.
2. After only 16-20 hornet missiles, they'll have cost you more than the minning laser. After you use 100 of them, they will cost more than the ship.
3. The search- you'll obviously have to search around to find hornet missiles. You'll also have to jump in and out to resupply.

Benefits:
1. Faster way to mine
2. Less inital start up cost
3. Great for just starting the game and getting into minning!!!
4. Big explosions 8 )
5. You can defend you collecting ships much better, as you'll be in a ship that can carry hornets!
Mcitchy wrote:Fly to sector > Scan the asteroids, 1 nuke for each high yield silicon asteroid you find (I usually hit the 18+ ones) > send in the [TS]'s on collect wares duty > wait for [TS]'s to fill up > give the [TS]'s somewhere to sell there wares > wash > rinse > repeat. Meanwhile you are free to protect your investment from your handy m3 and may well get some more captures while the AI does the scarpering about cleaning up the mess [ external image ]
Last edited by -TD-13- on Wed, 11. Aug 04, 23:35, edited 16 times in total.

-TD-13-
x3

Post by -TD-13- » Tue, 9. Mar 04, 16:23

Advanced Mobile Mining
For full fledged freak’n Entrepreneurs

Why TL is God
TLs are amazing ships. Don’t think that they are just for transporting factories around. They can serve as a Carrier, a moveable headquarters, and more importantly a mobile warehouse. When a player really starts getting up there in the money, they should consider buying a TL. Especially if they are going to get deep into the mining business! TL’s can store and transport HUGE amounts of silicon and other resources. They can also move a fleet of mining ships around and protect them from attacks. After only playing with them for an hour or so, you’ll realize how in the world you survived without them. Their jobs are endless, and are a huge helping hand to a growing empire, whatever your business. In this section we will look at the different TLs so that you can choose which one suit’s your style of play best. As always, you’ll have my pick at the bottom.

Argon Mammoth –TL Class
Cost: 46,288,980cr
Speed: 225.22 m/s
Accel: 6 m/s^2
Steering: 2.00%
Cargo Bay: 21,000u ST
Hanger: 12 Ships
Turrets: 3
-Main: All HEPTs, Mobile Drilling Laser
-Left: All HEPTs
-Right: All HEPTs
-Back: BHEPTs
Max shields: 5 x 125Mw

Boron Orca –TL Class
Cost: 26,234,654cr
Speed: 247.22 m/s
Accel: 13 m/s^2
Steering: 1.61%
Cargo Bay: 17,000u ST
Hanger: 10 Ships
Turrets: 2
-Main: All HEPTs, Mobile Drilling Laser
-Left: All HEPTs
-Right: All HEPTs

Teladi Albatross –TL Class
Cost: 33,304,200cr
Speed: 234 m/s
Accel: 7 m/s^2
Steering: 1.87%
Cargo Bay: 14,000u ST
Hanger: 10 Ships
-Main: BPSG, Mobile Drilling Laser
-Left: APSG
-Right: APSG
Max shields: 6 x 125Mw

Split Elephant –TL Class
Cost: 20,319,424cr
Speed: 303 m/s
Accel: 7 m/s^2
Steering: 1.70%
Cargo Bay: 11,000u ST
Hanger: 30 Ships
-Front: BHEPT, Mobile Drilling Laser, and Ion Disrupter
-Back: BHEPT, Ion Disrupter

Paranid Hercules –TL Class
Cost: 17,073,228cr
Speed: 227 m/s
Accel: 6 m/s^2
Steering: 1.61%
Cargo Bay: 13,000u ST
Hanger: 27 Ships
-Main: GHEPT, Mobile Drilling Laser
-Left: GHEPT
-Right: GHEPT
Max shields: 6 x 125Mw

TD’s Pick: For my TL, I choose the Boron Orca. It’s got the second largest cargo bay, and it is the second fastest of the TLs. And it looks great. 8) Its hanger is ok, but I only need a couple TSs, a TL, and a good fighting ship as I'm mostly into mining. If I was really into capturing, the Paranid or Split TL might be my choice. They are literally poor man’s carriers! They carry around 30 ship and both TLs are the cheapest in their class. They’re not to great when it comes down to cargo room, but it works just the same. The best bang for your buck would be the Paranid TL. Decent speed, insane hanger, good weapons, and tough shields. And it doesn’t even have the smallest cargo bay in the bunch. Did I mention it’s the cheapest as well? :P The Argon mammoth is a powerful beast of a TL: but it comes at a price. Don’t forget that all TLs can have their cargo bays expanded by placing a few maxed out Dolphin’s on them. (That can cost however) Choosing the best TL for your empire is up to you, and what you do.

Applying the TL to mining
All TLs can carry the Mobile Drilling Laser. Do I recommend it? Not really. They are so large and cumbersome that it makes lining up with an asteroid frustrating and time consuming. However, their cargo bay and ability to move ships and good around is their key. Using a team of TSs you can literally create a mining team. Destroy the asteroids yourself, and then tell the transporters to go pick up the chunks. When they are full, have them drop off their load into the TL. After you’ve “cleaned” the area, hop into your TL and Jump around. Find a good sector to sell in and use the transports to sell your silicon.

Another use for TLs is the ability to carry and deploy factories. This comes up handy when setting up a mobile mining empire using “Stock” factories. More on Stock factories next.

Let's sell that SILICON! Where, though? Look here!
-By thecwby

So now you've mobile mined your asteroid, collected the wares, and now you want to sell it. Where, do you ask? Get the Best Buy Locater, a JumpDrive, and store up on 100-300 energy cells (depending on what TS your using!), or a few thousand EG's if your in a TL. Here's a legnthy reference list, along with the JumpDrive, Best Buy Locater, and EC's, silicon mobile & factory mining becomes much easier.

Argon Sectors
Three Worlds - Crystal Fab
Cloudbase Northwest - Advances Satellite Fab
Ringo Moon - Silkworm Missile Factory
Red Light - Crystal Fab, Mosquito Missle Factory, Satellite Factory, TerraCorp Computer Plant
Cloudbase Southwest - Chip Plant, Computer Plant
Power Circle - Crystal Fab
Home of Light - Quantum Tube Fab
Ore Belt - TerraCorp Crystal Fab, Wasp Missile Fab
Antigone Memorial - Computer Plant, Crystal Fab
The Hole - Crystal Fab
Cloudbase Southeast - Quantum Tube Fab
Aladna Hill - TerraCorp Quantum Tube Fab
Akeela's Beacon - Quantum Tube Fab
Montalaar - Drone Factory
Omicron Layrae - Satellite Factory
Treasure Chest - Crystal Fab, Quantum Tube Fab
Black Hole Sun - Crystal Fab
Natahn's Voyage - Chip Plant, Quantum Tube Fab
Wastelands - Chip Plant, Computer Plant, Silkworm Missile Factory
Interworlds - Advanced Satellite Factory, Crystal Fab, Drone Factory

Boron Sectors
Kingdom End - Crystal Fab
Rolks Drift - Chip Plant, Computer Plant, Dragonfly Missle Factory, Quantum Tube Fab
Queens Space - Crystal Fab
Atreus' Clouds - Crystal Fab
Depths of Silence - Dragonfly Missile Factory
Dark Waters - Satellite Factory
Reservoir of Tranquality - Chip Plant, 4(four) Crystal Fab's
Great Reef - Computer Plant, Crystal Fab, Dragonfly Missile Factory
Light Water - Chip Plant, Computer Plant, Crystal Fab
Shore of Infinity - Crystal Fab
Lucky Planets - Crystal Fab
Great Trench - Crystal Fab, Drone Factory
Hilas Joy - Satellite Factory
Blueish Snout - Crystal Fab

Paranid Sectors
Emperor Mines - Crystal Fab
Paranid Prime - Hornet Missile Factory, Quantum Tube Fab
Empires Edge - Chip Plant, Crystal Fab
Preachers Void - Computer Plant, Wasp Missile Factory
Duke's Vision - Quantum Tube Fab
Priests Rings - Computer Plant, Crystal Fab
Duke's Domain - Crystal Fab
Emperor's Ridge - Crystal Fab, Wasp Missile Factory
Trinity Sanctum - Hornet Missile Factory
Preachers Refuge - Advanced Satellite Factory, Crystal Fab,
Priest Refuge - Computer Plant, Crystal Fab
Spring of Belief - Hornet Missile Factory
Friars Retreat - Crystal Fab, Quantum Tube Fab
Pontifex's Realm - Advanced Satellite Factory, Chip Plant

Split Sectors
Family Whi - Advanced Satellite Factory, Crystal Fab
Family Zein - Crystal Fab
Thuruks Pride - Chip Plant, Quantum Tube Fab
Rhonkar's Fire - Silkworm Missle Factory
Family Rhonkar - Crystal Fab
Thuruk's Beard - Crystal Fab
Family Pride - Dragonfly Missile Factory, Quantum Tube Fab
Rhonkar's Clouds - Computer Plant
Patriarch's Retreat - Crystal Fab
Patriarchs Keep - Crystal Fab, Drone Fab
Rhy's Desire - Crystal Fab
Family Rhy - Quantum Tube Fab
Family Tkr - Silkworm Missile Factory
Family Njy - Chip Plant
Thynn's Abyss - Advanced Satellite Factory, Crystal Fab
Njy's Deception - Computer Plant
Family Ryk - Crystal Fab, Drone Factory

Teladi Sectors
Ceo's Buckzoid - Crystal Fab, Mosquito Missile Factory
Teladi Gain - Crystal Fab
Seizewell - Silkworm Missile
Greater Profit - Chip Plant, Crystal Fab
Blue Profit - Computer Plant
Ceo's Sprite - Mosquito Missile Factory
Company Pride - Quantum Tube Fab
Two Grand - Drone Factory
Profit Center Alpha - Crystal Fab
PTNI HeadQuaters - Qantum Tube Fab
The Vault - Drone Factory, Satellite Factory
Shareholder's Fortune - Crystal Fab
Bad Debt - Crystal Fab
Ceo's Doubt - Crystal Fab
Ianamus Zura - Chip Plant, Crystal Fab, Satellite Factory
Eighteen Billion - Crystal Fab

Pirate Sectors
Farnhams Legend - Split Computer Plant, Teladi Quantum Tube Fab
Elena's Fortune - Teladi Drone Factory
Hatikvah's Faith - Argon Satellite Factory

Aaaand I think thats it, folks. Hope it helps you in your journeys of Silicon trading. Definately makes a nice reference list for myself, I'm sure it'll help others. As I said, anything I might have missed, goobered, or typo'd, let me know. I'll fix it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's sell that ORE! Where, though? Look here!
-By thecwby

So now you've mobile mine your asteroid, collected the wares, and now you want to sell it. Where, do you ask? Get the Best Buy Locater, a JumpDrive, and store up on 100-300 energy cells (depending on what TS your using!), or a few thousand EG's if your in a TL. Here's a legnthy reference list, along with the JumpDrive, Best Buy Locater, and EC's, Ore Mobile & Factory Mining becomes much easier.

Note: Boron Bio Gas Factories use Ore as a secondary resource! You can find one in almost every Boron sector, minus one or two.

Note: Teladi Teladianium Foundry also use Ore as a secondary resource! You can find one in almost every Teladi sector, minus one or two.

Argon Sectors
Three Worlds - Alpha IRE Forge
Cloudbase Northwest - Gamma HEPT Forge, Ion Disruptor Forge
Ringo Moon - Silkworm Missile Factory, TerraCorp 125MW Shield Prod. Facility
Red Light - Mosquito Missle Factory, TerraCorp Computer Plant
Cloudbase Southwest - Computer Plant, Weapon Component Factory
Power Circle - Gamme IRE Forge
Argon Prime - Ammunition Factory, Mass Drive Forge, Shield Prod. Facility 1MW
Home of Light - Quantum Tube Fab
Ore Belt - Wasp Missile Factory, Weapon Component Factory
Antigone Memorial - Computer Plant
The Hole - Beta HEPT Forge
The Wall - Alpha HEPT Forge
Cloudbase Southeast - Alpha PAC Forge, Gamma IRE Forge, Quantum Tube Fab
Aladna Hill - Lasertower Factory, TerraCorp Quantum Tube Fab
Light of Heart - Shield Prod. Facility 1MW
Nyana's Hideout - Weapon Component Factory
Treasure Chest - Mass Driver Forge, Quantum Tube Fab
Nathan's Voyage - Quantum Tube Fab
Wastelands - Beta PPC Forge, Gamma IRE Forge, Shield Prod. Facility 1MW, Silkworm Missile Factory
Interworlds - Alpha PPC Forge, Shield Prod. Facility 125MW, Weapon Component Factory
Getsu Fune - Shield Prod. Facility 125MW

Boron Sectors
Kingdom End - 2(two) Bio Gas Factories, Gamma PAC Forge, Ion Disruptor Forge, Shield Prod. Facility 1MW, Weapon Component Factory
Rolk's Drift - 4(four) Bio Gas Factories, Computer Plant, Dragonfly Missile Factory, Quantum Tube Fab
Queen's Space - Alpha HEPT Forge, 2(two) Bio Gas Factories
Menelaus' Frontier - Alpha IRE Forge, Beta PPC Forge, 2(two) Bio Gas Factories
Rolk's Fate - Alpha PAc Forge, 3(three) Bio Gas Factories
Atreus' Clouds - 8(eight) Bio Gas Factories, Mosquito Missile Factory
Light Water - 3(three) Bio Gas Factories, Computer Plant
Lucky Planets - 2(two) Bio Gas Factories, Shield Prod. Facility 125MW
Rolk's Legacy - 3(three) Bio Gas Factories, Gamma PPC Forge
Great Trench - 3(three) Bio Gas Factories
Depths of Silence - Alpha HEPT Forge, Beta PPC Forge, 2(two) Bio Gas Factories, Dragonfly Missile Factory, Gamma PPC Forge, Ion Disruptor Forge, Shield Prod. Facility 125MW
Dark Waters - 2(two) Bio Gas Factory, Gamma IRE Forge
Reservoir of Tranquility - Alpha PAC Forge, 2(two) Bio Gas Factories
Great Reef - 3(three) Bio Gas Factories, Computer Plant, Dragonfly Missile Factory, Ion Disruptor Forge
Barren Shores - 2(two) Bio Gas Factories
Hila's Joy - Bio Gas Factory
Ocean of Fantasy - 2(two) Bio Gas Factories, Quantum Tube Fab
Blueish Snout - Bio Gas Factory, Ion Disruptor Forge
Menelaus' Paradise - 4(four) Bio Gas Factories, Lasertower Factory

Paranid Sectors
Emperor's Mines - Squash Mine Factory
Paranid Prime - Beta HEPT Forge, Hornet Missile Factory, Quantum Tube Fab
Empire's Edge - Alpha HEPT Forge, Alpha PSG Forge
Preachers Void - Computer Plant, Wasp Missile Factory
Duke's Vision - Beta PSG Forge, Quantum Tube Fab
Priest Rings - Computer Plant, Gamma IRE Forge
Duke's Domain - Beta PAC Forge
Emperor's Wisdom - Beta HEPT Forge, Gamma IRE Forge, Mobile Drilling System Factory, Weapon Component Factory
Priests Pity - Alpha PAC Forge, Shield Prod. Facility 5MW
Emperor's Ridge - Beta PPC Forge, Wasp Missile Factory, Weapon Component Factory
Pontifex' Realm - Gamma PSG Forge
Trinity Sanctum - Hornet Missile Factory, Squash Mine Factory
Preachers Refuge - Lasertower Factory
Priest's Refuge - Beta PPC Forge, Computer Plant
Spring of Belief - Alpha HEPT Forge, Hornet Missile Factory
Cardinal's Domain - Mobile Drilling System Factory, Shield Prod. Facility 5MW
Friar's Retreat - Beta PSG Forge, Quantum Tube Fab
Sacred Relic - Alpha PAC Forge, Alpha PSG Forge
Pontifex' Seclusion - Lasertower Factory

Split Sectors
Rhy's Desire - Alpha PPC Forge, Lasertower Factory
Family Rhy - Quantum Tube Fab, Weapon Component Factory
Family Whi - Beta IRE Forge
Family Zein - Gamma PAC Forge, Weapon Component Factory
Thuruk's Pride - Beta HEPT Forge, Quantum Tube Fab
Rhonkar's Fire - Gamma PPC Forge, Silkworm Missile Factory
Family Rhonkar - Gamma HEPT Forge
Thuruk's Beard - Gamma IRE Forge, Wasp Missile Factory
Family Pride - Dragonfly Missile Factory, Quantum Tube Fab, Shield Prod. Facility 1MW, Weapon Component Factory
Rhonkar's Clouds - Computer Plant, Mass Driver Forge, Shield Prod. Facility 25MW
Tharka's Sun - Ammunition Factory
Patriarch's Retreat - Alpha PPC Forge, Shield Prod. Facility 25MW
Patriarch's Keep - Beta IRE Forge, Lasertower Factory
Family Tkr - Ammunition Factory, Silkworm Missile Factory
Ghinn's Escape - Mass Driver Forge, Squash Mine Factory
Njy's Deception - Computer Plant, Gamma IRE, Shield Prod. Facility 125MW
Family Ryk - Gamma PPC Forge

Teladi Sectors
Ceo's Buckzoid - Mosquito Missile Factory, 3(three) Teladianium Foundries
Profit Share - Shield Prod. Facility 5MW, Teladianium Foundry
Spaceweed Drift - Alpha PAC Forge, 2(two) Teladianium Foundries
Teladi Gain - Teladianium Foundry
Seizewell - Beta IRE Forge, Silkworm Missile Factory, Teladianium Foundry
Greater Profit - 3(three) Teladianium Foundries
Blue Profit - Computer Plant, 4(four) Teladianium Foundries
Ceo's Sprite - Alpha HEPT Forge, Mosquito Missile Factory, 2(two) Teladianium Foundries, Weapon Component Factory
Company Pride - Quantum Tube Fab, 2(two) Teladianium Foundries
Bad Debt - 2(two) Teladianium Foundries
Ministry of Finance - Alpha HEPT Forge, Mobile Drilling System Factory, Teladianium Foundry
Ceo's Doubt - 2(two) Teladianium Foundries
New Income - Alpha PPC Forge, Teladianium Foundry, Weapon Component Factory
Ianamus Zura - Gamma PPC Forge, Ion Disruptor Forge, 2(two) Teladianium Foundries
Eighteen Billion - Teladianium Foundry
Two Grand - 2(two) Teladianium Foundries
Profit Center Alpha - Alpha IRE Forge, Alpha PSG Forge, Shield Prod. Facility 5MW
PTNI Headquarters - Lasertower Factory, Quantum Tube Fab, Squash Mine Factory, 2(two) Teladianium Foundries
The Vault - Alpha PPC Forge, Alpha PSG Forge, Shield Prod. Facility 5MW
Shareholder's Fortune - Ion Disruptor Forge, Shield Prod. Facility 5MW, Teladianium Foundry
Mines of Fortune - Mobile Drilling System Factory
Home of Oppurtunity - Teladianium Foundry

Pirate Sectors
Farnham's Legend - Split Computer Plant, Teladi Quantum Tube Fab, Boron Bio Gas Factory, Boron Weapon Component Factory
Elena's Fortune - Boron Bio Gas Factory, Teladi Shield Prod. Facility

5MW
, Split Squash Mine Factory
Split Fire - Boron Bio Gas Factory, Split Lasertower Factory
Nopileos' Memorial - Teladi Shield Prod. Facility 5MW
Hatikvah's Faith - Boron Bio Gas Factory

Aaaaaand I do believe thats it for the Ore chart. If I'm missing anything, typo'd, goobered, let me know. I'll fix it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah! Nividium too!
-By thecwby

So.. We found that rare mineral called Nvidium. Usually located in Unknown Sectors beyond the reaches of just a sole lonely TS or M3, even a TL - unless equipped with a jumpdrive and you have discovered these sectors already - as you will have to work to get this source of mineral. So now where in the heck to sell this rare resource? It being so rare, of course it's not going to be sold everywhere, so here's a list of where they are sold.

Note: Nvidium is bought as a secondary resource on all Paranid Space Jewellry stations. These will be listed by Station -> Sector, rather than Sector -> Station. (2) means there are 2 (two) stations.

Paranid Space Jewellry
Priests Pity, Empires Edge, Preachers Void, Pontifex' Realm(2), Emperor's Realm(2), Trinity Sanctum, Preacher's Refuge(2), Cardinal's Domain, Sacred Relic(2), Pontifex' Sanctum(2)

Teladi Trading Station
PTNI Headqaurters, Mines of Fortune

I do believe thats it. If you find one that I'm missing, please, let me know. I'll update the list.

Hats off to thecwby again for letting me add this great piece of work to the guide! :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Onward!

THE GREAT STOCK MINE FACTORY

There is an even better way to sell your mined material…. With a Stock Mine Factory! These are empty mines that are built on average asteroids that do nothing but sell the material you mine. They NEVER produce the material on their own, and are only supplied by the player. Here is how to set one up.

Overview: You will set up an Ore/Silicon mine on an asteroid in a sector that is heavily dependent on the material you wish to sell. Using a combination of ships, you try to keep the factory constantly stocked, and selling. Not producing: selling your mobile mined goods.

First, find a good sector that has several silicon (or ore, depending on what you are selling) dependent factories, such as Crystal Fabs, Quantum Tubes, and Microchips. Then look around for an asteroid. It really doesn’t matter which one, as long as it’s the same type as the goods you will be selling. (Like if you’re going to sell Silicon, find a good silicon asteroid) Yield doesn’t matter. Now go buy an Ore or Silicon mine, depending on which kind of material you wish to sell. Take it to your selected asteroid and set it up. Now simply for convenience, buy 2 Boron dolphins and one Paranid Demeter. The Dememter will sell the products (each station can only hold around 800 silicon- so large cargo bay is not needed- the extra speed is always a plus too). Because this station will not be producing anything, there is no need for a buying ship. But keep in mind that it will be up to you to keep your factory stocked! That is where the 2 other Dolphins come in. Instead of running to your factory every time it runs out of products, use the Dolphin’s to store back up material on the factory which then can be transferred directly into the factory. Each Dolphin will be able to hold 400 silicon wafers (600 fully upgraded). If your silicon sells like hotcakes, you might want to invest in more storage Dolphins. 2-4 will most likely be fine. When a factory and its storage Dolphin’s get low on material, head on over to the factory with a fresh supply and refill them.

Keep your selling price well above average, but remember you need to compete with the NPC silicon/ore factories. The Demeter helps greatly.

Note: You will never need more than 1 selling ship.

Equipping the Factory's TSs
For the Storage Dolphin’s, you don’t need to equip them with anything except possibly a trading extension, so that you can move the goods around inside your factory. Chances are that they will never see the light again, so they will not need shields, weapons or fancy gadgets.

As for your selling ship, you will need several things.
Full Engine Tunings
Trade cmd Software Mk I
Navigation cmd Software Mk I (just for getting around easier)
Shields: Depending on the situation. Because Demeters are cost effective to replace 2*25mw shields can be a waste. A good combination is a couple 5Mw shields.
Weapons: Warning! If your TS is equipped with weapons or Fight software, instead of trying to run, it will turn and fight the enemy! More often than not, it will lose.

Fighter drones are a lifesaver! As soon as your ship is attacked, they will launch and distract the enemy, so that your ship can quickly get the heck out of there. Fighter drones are hard to come by and annoying to replace, but equip your ships with them when you can.

Ok, this is all very nice but how much will I make?
Well, it really depends on the surrounding factories, and their ability to consume your products. The more factories in the area, the more money you will make. Because there are no production costs, everything you make is pure profit. (Well, it’s not really considered profit until the factory and ships are paid off but after that, it’s smooth sailing!)

Come-on. Where’s the math! I want an estimate!
All right, all right. Like I’ve said before, it all depends on how many factories in the surrounding area are silicon depended. Each silicon dependent factory will consume around 40 silicon an hour. (Yes, this is due to 1:1 factory ratios.) With this, we can construct a chart.

Note: This is based on factories in the surrounding areas. The surrounding area consists of the sector the plant is in and it’s adjacent sectors.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
SILICON

Silicon
Selling @ 504 (average price)
SDF--Pure Profit
1= 20,160cr*
2= 40,320cr*
3= 60,480cr*
4= 80,640cr*
5= 100,800cr*
6= 120,960cr*
7= 141,120cr*
*Profit per hour
SDF= Silicon Dependent Factories

Silicon
Selling @ 625 (above average price)
SDF--Pure Profit
1= 25,000cr*
2= 50,000cr*
3= 75,000cr*
4= 100,000cr*
5= 125,000cr*
6= 150,000cr*
7= 175,000cr*
*Profit per hour

Silicon
Selling @ 700 (Near top price)
SDF--Pure Profit
1= 28,000cr*
2= 56,000cr*
3= 84,000cr*
4= 112,000cr*
5= 140,000cr*
6= 168,000cr*
7= 196,000cr*
*Profit per hour

Silicon
Selling @ 781 (Maximum Profit (Don’t hold your breath!))
SDF--Pure Profit
1= 31,240cr*
2= 62,480cr*
3= 93,720cr*
4= 124,960cr*
5= 156,200cr*
6= 187,440cr*
7= 218,680cr*
*Profit per hour

Silicon Consumption Rates Per Hour:
1 SDF factory: 40
2 SDF factory: 80
3 SDF factory: 120
4 SDF factory: 160
5 SDF factory: 200
6 SDF factory: 240
7 SDF factory: 280

-------------------------------------------------------------------

ORE
NOTE: Ore Dependent factories consume 150 Ore per hour

Ore
Selling @ 128 (Average Price)
ODF--Pure Profit
1= 19,200cr*
2= 38,400cr*
3= 57,600cr*
4= 76,800cr*
5= 96,000cr*
6= 115,200cr*
7= 134,400cr*
*Profit per hour
ODF= Ore Dependent Factories

Ore
Selling @ 140 (Above average Price)
ODF--Pure Profit
1= 21,000cr*
2= 42,000cr*
3= 63,000cr*
4= 84,000cr*
5= 105,000cr*
6= 126,000cr*
7= 147,000cr*
*Profit per hour

Ore
Selling @ 160(Near top price)
ODF--Pure Profit
1= 24,000cr*
2= 48,000cr*
3= 72,000cr*
4= 96,000cr*
5= 120,000cr*
6= 144,000cr*
7= 168,000cr*
*Profit per hour

Ore
Selling @ 177 (Maximum Profit (Don’t hold your breath!))
ODF--Pure Profit
1= 26,000cr*
2= 53,000cr*
3= 79,650cr*
4= 106,200cr*
5= 132,750cr*
6= 159,300cr*
7= 185,850cr*
*Profit per hour

Ore Consumption Rates Per hour:
1 ODF factory: 150
2 ODF factory: 300
3 ODF factory: 450
4 ODF factory: 600
5 ODF factory: 750
6 ODF factory: 900
7 ODF factory: 1050

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, there is the math for Stock Mine Factories.

A quick comparison:
A single SPP will make an average of 70-90,000 an hour
Stock Mine Factories do have the potential to beat this and can be very worthy investments! Just how you go about filling it’s potential is up to you...

Does this fix X2’s hampered economy?
No. All normal factories still make the same blasted lousy profit, with SPPs in the lead. You just have one other way to make good money.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
BEST STOCK MINE LOCATIONS
1. Reservoir of Tranquillity -Silicon
2. Red Light -Silicon
3. Antigone Memorial -Silicon
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey! Know of some good stock mine locations? Post them in this topic and I will add them to the list! And with that, the Advanced Mobile Mining section comes to an end.

Well, that concludes TD’s Guide to the World of Mobile Mining. Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope this has been helpful and worth the read! Feel free to add comments, suggestions, and ask any questions you might have. I’ll keep updating this Thread.

May the profitssss be with you!

If you liked this guide, and are making credits, try out some of these others:
TD’s Guide to the World of Solar Power Plants
TD’s Guide to the World of Mobile Mining
Last edited by -TD-13- on Thu, 12. Aug 04, 00:51, edited 7 times in total.

4d
x3tc

Post by 4d » Tue, 9. Mar 04, 16:30

May I be one of the first to congratulate you. This is gonna be a HUGE help! :D

Brianetta
x4

Post by Brianetta » Tue, 9. Mar 04, 16:33

It's also going to go south to join Mobile Mining 101, as all good posts do.

Mobile Mining 101 (and also Mobile Mining 201) have been mirrored for posterity on the Argonopedia (link below).

What we'd like to see is more guides like that one (not necessarily mining, of course). If you have one, feel free to tell us about it on our Argonopedia forum, even if it's a link to your article here.
PGP fingerprint: FA3D CA2F 38D3 BA69 87E1 D52E C204 FB5C 430A 0BFA

OscarP
x3tc

Post by OscarP » Tue, 9. Mar 04, 16:39

Excellent guide - great work :D
Add another activity of things tro do in the X2 world (the list is now very looooong)
OscarP

Spero
x3

Post by Spero » Tue, 9. Mar 04, 16:41

Great job! Even though I have 23 factories I still feel this urge to go mine now!

For your next guide, how about TP passenger transport missions? They can rake in the cash just as good as mining! (Provided you do it well!)

veelad
x3tc

Post by veelad » Tue, 9. Mar 04, 16:43

why arnt all these guides stickied, they will go south with the search not working, and that would be a shame.

nice work :thumb_up:
There will be no Boom and Bust under my watch in the economy of my universe ROFLOL

Gazzareth
x2

Post by Gazzareth » Tue, 9. Mar 04, 16:45

Great guide .. .. will add that to the list of things to do (at some point)...

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 9. Mar 04, 16:46

If all these guides were stickied we'd never be able to see any new threads. :D

I'll suggest to Darshu that he adds it to his links in the Ultimate Guide thread which is stickied.

-TD-13-
x3

Post by -TD-13- » Tue, 9. Mar 04, 16:53

CBJ wrote:If all these guides were stickied we'd never be able to see any new threads. :D

I'll suggest to Darshu that he adds it to his links in the Ultimate Guide thread which is stickied.
Exactly! Now where is that Darshu..... :)

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I'm currently working on the next section of this guide, Advanced Mobile Minning. It deals with rarer and more advanced topics that can turn this minning biz from a small profitable hobby to a full fledged empire. Stay Tuned for that!

After, the next guide will be on X2's Story Line, indepth detail of the entire plot, mission by mission. (And of course anything that comes next :wink: )

Might do a guide on Station missions as well, like iatedeath MK II mentioned.

Watch for the next update sometime later today! :)

Post by Guest » Tue, 9. Mar 04, 16:56

Nice guide!

one little question: I always read taht i have to split the asteroid with a mobile drilling system. Can I also use a Hornet missile or has this not the same effect?

JamieKnowles
x4

Post by JamieKnowles » Tue, 9. Mar 04, 17:01

Just a quick Point on the Ore Vs Silicone issue.

Silicone takes 5 cargo spaces per unit
Sells for 750 max (more like 550-600 average)

Ore takes 2 cargo spaces per unit
Sells for 170 max?? (more like 120 - 130 average)

SO on a unit for unit comparison, silicon wins hands down, however if you look at profit per unit of cargo space:-

Silicone
150 per cargo space at max
110 per cargo space at average

Ore
85 per cargo space at max
60 per cargo space at average

So now, although Silicone is still the best, ore is not so bad as you may first think.

Now, if you consider what TD said about flooding the market with Silicone (and hence prices dropping) i think ore mining is worth doing, it makes you some cash, and allows time for the silicone market to recover.

Although, it takes a lot longer to fill your cargo holds full of ore rather than silicone, as silicone takes up so much more room.

I normally jump into a sector with 5 ships or so, and zap all the 'roids in the area, get all my ships to collect the ore and sort it out with a freight beamer, putting just sillicone on some ships and just ore on others, then give them orders to go sell their respective cargos, and jump to the next sector to begin cracking 'roids again.

Typhoon12
x3

Post by Typhoon12 » Tue, 9. Mar 04, 17:03

This guide might come in handy later on, when my business is expanding. Good job Darshu on making this guide :)
Nobody Makes It Alone.

-TD-13-
x3

Post by -TD-13- » Tue, 9. Mar 04, 17:07

warbird150 wrote:Nice guide!

one little question: I always read taht i have to split the asteroid with a mobile drilling system. Can I also use a Hornet missile or has this not the same effect?
Yes, the split sell the mobile drilling system. You can use Hornet missiles, but remember they cost money each time you blow up an asteriod. Around 10,000. It still works, and it doesn't kill your profit that much. But remember- you still need the Ore Collector. But that can be bought almost anywhere.

-TD-13-
x3

Post by -TD-13- » Tue, 9. Mar 04, 21:15

HUGE UPDATE :idea:
3/9/04

This HUGE update contains all of the ADVANCED MOBILE MINNING techniques. If you're even thinking about getting into mobile minning, check it out. :arrow:

Looking for something that will beat your SPPs in profit? Read!! :o

Feedback is always welcome. :)

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Tue, 9. Mar 04, 21:33

Excellent guide.

For information, a help guide is currently in construction which will contain many useful player guides like this (with the author's permission of course :wink: ).

Once created, this will likely be stickied and available for download. It will also contain links to the relevant posts in the forum.

Keep 'em coming everyone!!!
:D
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

Sir Crashalot
x4

Post by Sir Crashalot » Tue, 9. Mar 04, 21:40

I built my empire on mining, using my profits to build my factories and eventually getting my Nova. :)

I then took the most profitable route of capturing ships. ;)

IMO Mining is the best way to get your empire started, once you`ve got that initial 400k credits to buy your set up.

Good work on the guide. :)
If you can`t dazzle them with dynamics, then baffle them with bullsh*t :D

Mcitchy
x2

Post by Mcitchy » Tue, 9. Mar 04, 22:13

I'm interested in hearing more about this hornet missile mining that was touched upon. Does it always take 1 hornet per roid?

I like the idea of using hornets as they come two-a-penny when either capping or killing pirate ships and would also save time getting close enough to the asteroid to using the Mining Laser - (why waste the time travelling that last 10k when a hornet will do :))

You could call it the "dynamite fishermans mining technique(tm)" :lol:

with 2 or 3 collector manta's it could potentially be a far faster way of mining roids.

any ideas?

-Mcitchy

Commander Jamieson
x2

Post by Commander Jamieson » Tue, 9. Mar 04, 22:30

Only Hornet missiles can break up asteroids, any other missile is useless.

Cheers

Mcitchy
x2

Post by Mcitchy » Tue, 9. Mar 04, 22:56

aye but how many :) - turns out to be one, my mining operation now consists of 3 manta's collecting, and me nova making the chunks with hornets.

200000c on hornets from paranid prime translates into just over 600000c for a fast profit. You have to launch from under 10km or no bang :)

:edited:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”