TNBT will soon be officially unveiled!!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

_Zap_
x3ap

Post by _Zap_ » Tue, 29. Mar 11, 07:52

X2-Eliah wrote:more profits for Egosoft.
They sure had to much contact with the profit lizards :-P

Now, after so many bad Star Trek games I hope Egosoft does something good for us Trekkies.
Great DiD-based Story:
Prodigal Son - Cooperative Storytelling by Scion Drakhar

Henkie
Moderator (Nederlands)
Moderator (Nederlands)
x4

Post by Henkie » Tue, 29. Mar 11, 08:07

I say april fool :lol:

Toastie
x3tc

Post by Toastie » Tue, 29. Mar 11, 08:19

Henkie wrote:I say april fool :lol:
Are you suggesting the relativistic effects mentioned earlier are in play here? If you are, then some calculations are wrong somewhere. :)

In all seriousness I did promise some time ago that you all would be the first to know when there is some news on TNBT. So here it is.

Forcy
x4

Post by Forcy » Tue, 29. Mar 11, 09:16

And I'm sure we are all very grateful for that.. RIGHT GUYS?! Anyway, from me Thanks :) Can't wait and will be rabidly frothing at the mouth from now till 28 April.

on a side note, if it IS trek related I am sure it will rock ALL our socks off since, after all, it IS Egosoft. If theres is one company that I'll trust on making a kick ass space game in the trek uni then it'll be them.

I'll of course be happy with whatever :D

EDIT: if it's the stargate game I will properly crpa myself

Zeron-mk7
x3

Post by Zeron-mk7 » Tue, 29. Mar 11, 09:26

Great news :D , need only little bit to wait and we will know information about new game.

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Tue, 29. Mar 11, 10:12

Thanks guys, great news and good luck with the event. :)

Hopefully you can share some of the information post April 28th for those not present (like 99.9% of your fans).

Ahem
x3tc

Post by Ahem » Tue, 29. Mar 11, 10:48

Can it be announced AND released on the 28th? I dont want to have t wait again :?

_Belgarion_
x3tc

Post by _Belgarion_ » Tue, 29. Mar 11, 11:14

If it is Star Trek related, woulndn't there be any anouncement or article that Egosoft bought a Star Trek licence long ago?
Eine Blase voll Luft fürchtet spitze Nadeln.

Paranoid66
x3tc

Post by Paranoid66 » Tue, 29. Mar 11, 11:15

I cannot imagine 'ES' producing a game based around another persons franchise to me that would be a step backwards when it comes to creativity.

I am glad it is not the 1st April too. :D
Beyond 'X' Far future (Fanfic): BkI BkII BkIII

Never more than 98.8 percent sure about anything.
98.8 percent sure that anyone who is 100 percent certain needs re-educating for the sake of humanity.

Canefox
x3tc

Post by Canefox » Tue, 29. Mar 11, 11:40

Ooooh, the suspense! The month just got a whole lot longer it seems

UXB
x3tc

Post by UXB » Tue, 29. Mar 11, 11:40

every year it's the same thing approaching April but a lot still get caught by it.
come back CJ and show them how its done

JImmyrosso
x3tc

Post by JImmyrosso » Tue, 29. Mar 11, 12:27

Please X4
Please X4
Please X4

i kid :D - anything as a space sim with improved AI is a win for me.
AI, gameplay, graphics - in that order!

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Tue, 29. Mar 11, 12:28

I think Egosoft learnt their lesson with the 'performance patch' for X-T. Any April Fool since then has been forum related, not game related. If this is part of an April 1 set up, a) they got me, and b) they will annoy a lot of fans.
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

i64man
x3tc

Post by i64man » Tue, 29. Mar 11, 12:31

I agree with a lot of you guys and hope/wish is not a Star Trek game. And like someone said, if ES had acquire the license, it would have been already public knowledge.

Having said that and the fact that it was posted here, I think it has to be the next generation of the X universe....X4 maybe, with more battles or sector/race wars and multiple core support....

Can't wait!

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Tue, 29. Mar 11, 12:57

Interesting.

Funny though that the TNBT name stuck. 8)

It has been debated to death on the forums so why not use it for real then. atleast everyone knows at once what this is about. :roll:
X3:TC Heavy M6 guide : : : Let's pretend you are an addict, lets pretend that you are a X-games player... but i am repeating myself here.

Technojerk36
xr

Post by Technojerk36 » Tue, 29. Mar 11, 12:58

:o

*Faints*

:D
My "for Dummies" guides: Trade Command Software Mk III | Advanced Satellites | X3: TC (Co-author: K-64) | SETA Repair
Xenon_Slayer wrote:maybe we'll have extreme weather pingpong at some point

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Tue, 29. Mar 11, 13:04

Well lets hope that long build up to reveal = short build up to release.

Ego have said before the reason they do this is because they don't want to give release dates until they're 99% sure they can hit them.
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 29. Mar 11, 13:09

Tycow wrote: According to the program the "Deep Silver Exclusive Game Preview" is on the first day surrounded by Star Trek related stuff (and one Star Gate thing) so is TNBT a Star Trek related game? :O
I'm struggling to follow the logic here. Not only is at least one other thing that day not Star Trek related (the Star Gate thing you mentioned), I don't recall there being a rule that all the things that happen on a particular day have to be related to each other.

Now, while I'll say that I know no more about TNBT than the rest of you, I think the chances of it being Star Trek related are approximately equivalent to my chances of sprouting wings, flying to the Moon, and finding it's actually a giant balloon left there by alien intelligences far beyond our ken... :-)

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Tue, 29. Mar 11, 13:13

Soo, by the way, are we talking of an reveal like "Also, Egosoft is developing a game with title --------, more to follow" or "name ----, genre ----, brief info -----, eta -----, takes these things after last games, new things: ----"?

Cablefish
x4

Post by Cablefish » Tue, 29. Mar 11, 13:28

Okay lets get some more intelligent speculation going on here.

I too find it highly unlikely that TNBT will be star-trek related. It's simply not likely that egosoft will start buying into another well established franchise that deepsilver has little or no affiliation with.

However from the book in the superbox we know that the lore ends up with the jumpgates shutting down and the races of the X universe is now stuck and starting to communicate. This leaves tons of room for exciting new plot developments for new games.

Anyone who cares to guess to the possibility of an X-universe MMO? It seems quite likely that theres room for some new sci-fi mmo on the market as companies grow more and more bold and straying further and further from the WOW-clones.

I think the future of the X series will be something online. It may not be an MMO in the strictest sense but it might just be interesting anyway :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”