Mahi Ma confused me (X3TC Hub Plot)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

StarSword
x3tc

Mahi Ma confused me (X3TC Hub Plot)

Post by StarSword » Sat, 26. Mar 11, 23:39

I finished the ore deliveries a few minutes ago, and Mahi Ma tells me something about scouting the sector (I'm assuming the Hub sector) for evidence of Brennan and Bala Gi. I've got an advanced satellite revealing the whole sector, and apart from the ship debris, my chip plex, and passersby, I don't see anything on the map worth looking at.

Explanation, please?
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Sat, 26. Mar 11, 23:46

Spoiler
Show
Go down a bit and get a closer look at that debris

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Sat, 26. Mar 11, 23:57

I must be missing something obvious, because near as I can tell it's just debris.
TC unless otherwise specified. | Find me on Steam! | My X3TC Links | X and X Rebirth @ TVTropes

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Sun, 27. Mar 11, 00:04

StarSword wrote:I must be missing something obvious, because near as I can tell it's just debris.
You need to
Spoiler
Show
get close to the ship debris
to trigger the next part of the mission.

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Sun, 27. Mar 11, 03:59

I've flown next to it in my Panther, I've flown inside it in one of my Solanos, even hopped out and floated around in a spacesuit.

What am I even looking for? It's not listed on any of the walkthroughs I've looked at. (For the record, just as a reminder, I'm at the halfway point of the Hub plot: Mahi Ma has just finished repairing the generator for the gate realignment system.)

I'm running the 3.1 patch.

Catra

Post by Catra » Sun, 27. Mar 11, 04:22

I think you're supposed to test drive the gate realignment feature after the generator repair.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sun, 27. Mar 11, 04:51

Hmm.. not sure, but here goes:

1 scout the perimiter in the vicinity of all gates (active & inactive). Maybe you need to have been in place personally, like some plot missions, rather than simply viewing them on the screen? This would make a certain amount of sense with the repair capacitors bit..

2. Have you got the mission guidance turned on? Have you looked at the briefing notes again? They can change with no warning..

3. Just go get & deliver the next bit anyway - sometimes, it seems, some plots seem to 'miss a step' in the guidance :(

4. You /did/ realign the first set of gates, didn't you? Just checking..

I can't remember the specific details for that part of the plot.. however they have changed. Which version are you playing BTW?
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Sun, 27. Mar 11, 11:27

StarSword wrote:I've flown next to it in my Panther, I've flown inside it in one of my Solanos, even hopped out and floated around in a spacesuit.

What am I even looking for? It's not listed on any of the walkthroughs I've looked at. (For the record, just as a reminder, I'm at the halfway point of the Hub plot: Mahi Ma has just finished repairing the generator for the gate realignment system.)

I'm running the 3.1 patch.
I take it you've completed the repairs to the small generators on either side of the gate? If so the next step is to align the first gate iirc.

StarSword
x3tc

Post by StarSword » Sun, 27. Mar 11, 16:28

SIMON POPPLEWELL wrote:I take it you've completed the repairs to the small generators on either side of the gate? If so the next step is to align the first gate iirc.
I'm way past that stage, Simon. I've already realigned the first set of gates twice, once to BHS/Nathan's Voyage, and now to Family Whi/Shareholder's Fortune (just finished a big closed-loop crystal plex up in Mines of Fortune).

Let me restate the question. When I finished delivering the 450,000 units of ore, Mahi Ma repaired the generator so I could realign Gate Set Two again. He then said something about me scouting the sector for evidence of Julian Brennan and Bala Gi (along with giving me a request for 500 nividium, which I had previously stored in a Baldric docked to the Hub). I've flown around and through the ship debris I downloaded mission logs from at the beginning of the plot, and don't know what I'm looking for.

That's what I want to know: what "evidence of Brennan and Bala Gi" am I looking for at this halfway stage of the plot. I'm now making deliveries for Mahi Ma to repair the second gate set.

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Sun, 27. Mar 11, 16:43

Does he mean the sector through the gate? Xenon sector 023?

I'd move through quickly if it he does.

EDIT. What does the mission report say? If Squiddy is content to accept
more supplies for his repair work, perhaps you don't need to do anything
else yet.

cmd craven
x4

Post by cmd craven » Sun, 27. Mar 11, 16:56

[quote="StarSwordThat's what I want to know: what "evidence of Brennan and Bala Gi" am I looking for at this halfway stage of the plot. I'm now making deliveries for Mahi Ma to repair the second gate set.[/quote

Main plot line is to deliver the requied wares, any thing else is just hot air
Spoiler
Show
You will meet them when you are doing the Aldrin Expantion plot

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 27. Mar 11, 17:09

Agreed. If the Hub Mission Guidance is just pointing to a further delivery of Nividium to the Hub then that is all that comes next.

There should have been a bit of 'local colour' chat about needing the Nividium to repair the 2nd set of gates but any talk of scouting for old friends seems an out of context and belated reference back to when you activated the ship debris. That took place before you even should have taken him to the Hub. (That scan evidence you found of his friends from the ship debris was what enticed him out of his Enhanced Dolphin to help you in the first place).
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Sun, 27. Mar 11, 18:13

Spoiler
Show
Once you deliver the Ore, this enables you to move gates. This is a requirement for the Aldrin plot. That stuff is probably pointing you in that direction. The Hub plot continues as normal.
I can't remember where you go or what you do to start the Aldrin plot but I'm sure there are guides around here somewhere

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Sun, 27. Mar 11, 19:41

StarSword wrote:
SIMON POPPLEWELL wrote:I take it you've completed the repairs to the small generators on either side of the gate? If so the next step is to align the first gate iirc.
I'm way past that stage, Simon. I've already realigned the first set of gates twice, once to BHS/Nathan's Voyage, and now to Family Whi/Shareholder's Fortune (just finished a big closed-loop crystal plex up in Mines of Fortune).
Well then you only need to get the resources, there are no more requirements to get any evidence, that was only at the first set of gates.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”