[Guide] The TC Main Plot Walkthroughs.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ruges
x4

Post by Ruges » Tue, 28. Dec 10, 16:21

Ok, I dont really want todo this mision. However I have been told that I need to complete it to get to the Aldrin system. And I need to get there as it has a ship I need. So looking at the guide it says I need to goto the Omicron Lyrae system. I have gone there. The guide says I should get hailed and asked to guard some ships. this has not happened. And I have looked around in space thinking I might need to initiate the convo. however there is noone offering a mission to protect the convoy. And now I have been sitting here for about an hour, and at times wth speed increased to 1000x. but there is no mission offer to excort. Help i am trying to get to Aldrin.

FYI I started as the custom game x-niverse race if that makes a difference.

redjay
x4

Post by redjay » Tue, 28. Dec 10, 16:27

Ruges wrote:Ok, I dont really want todo this mision. However I have been told that I need to complete it to get to the Aldrin system. And I need to get there as it has a ship I need. So looking at the guide it says I need to goto the Omicron Lyrae system. I have gone there. The guide says I should get hailed and asked to guard some ships. this has not happened. And I have looked around in space thinking I might need to initiate the convo. however there is noone offering a mission to protect the convoy. And now I have been sitting here for about an hour, and at times wth speed increased to 1000x. but there is no mission offer to excort. Help i am trying to get to Aldrin.

FYI I started as the custom game x-niverse race if that makes a difference.

Hello, the problem here is indeed the "Custom game" in that start all of the plots are disabled if I recall correctly.

Ruges
x4

Post by Ruges » Tue, 28. Dec 10, 16:31

Hello, the problem here is indeed the "Custom game" in that start all of the plots are disabled if I recall correctly.
so how do I get to the Aldrin system now?

redjay
x4

Post by redjay » Tue, 28. Dec 10, 16:37

Not sure, either 1. its unlocked and you just need to find a route there.

OR

2. its locked permanently in that game start.

if the first case then you'll just have to find a map on how to get there, but if its the second you'll have to restart the game with a start that enables plots.

(I'll try dig up more info on it.)

Edit: Heres what I found.

From a post entitled " X3:TC How do I enter Aldrin in a custom game?"
Aerowind wrote:So after searching through most everything related to Aldrin, every post seems to be about unlocking its sector map through a plotline which I obviously do not have. Is it possible to enter Aldrin in a custom game?
Starlight_Corporation wrote:Only by script, as custom game disables all plots but one (Treasure Hunt)(so you miss out on most the goodies).

There exists a script that activates plots for a custom game.
Custom game start is mostly for modders.
Ulan Dhor wrote:As a custom game has already the *modified* tag, just use a script to unlock the sector.

So apparently you can script in a way to enter Aldrin. hope this helped.

Ruges
x4

Post by Ruges » Tue, 28. Dec 10, 16:51

Geez and I thought custom game was just an open ended playing field where I would not be obliged to follow some stupid order. As my plans where to take over the universe. Well I dont want to start a new game as I already have 48 hours invested in this one. Guess its time to look into how to script the game so I can get to that system. Thanks for finding the info for me.

redjay
x4

Post by redjay » Tue, 28. Dec 10, 17:16

As I understand it you must script in the plot and still finish it to unlock Aldrin. NOT just unlock it :/ anyhow it was no problem at all finding that info for you.

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Tue, 28. Dec 10, 21:57

Also Ruges, there IS no real order to most of the questlines.

Exceptions:

Hub: first gate permanent realignment partially unlocks the Aldrin 2.0 missions.

Hub: Final Gate Realignment unlocks the Player HeadQuarters missions.

Finishing the Terran Missions and Operation Final Fury as wel as the first gats in the Hub fully Unlocks the Aldrin 2.0 missions.

Finishing the Aldrin 2.0 Missions unlocks the New Home Missions, which upon completion unlocks the Balance of Power missions.

By Permanent Realignment I mean that you can reset the gate of the Hub at will, which takes 2 steps to do. Read up on a walkthru for more details.
-- GD

Daetur
x3tc

Post by Daetur » Fri, 31. Dec 10, 21:22

Memory fails sometimes, FAQ doesn't!
http://www.egosoft.com/support/faq/faq_ ... nswer=1019

pH7.0
x4

Post by pH7.0 » Sun, 13. Mar 11, 03:36

Gold Dragon wrote:Finishing the Aldrin 2.0 Missions unlocks the New Home Missions, which upon completion unlocks the Balance of Power missions.
I'm not sure if I understood GD's point here. I have not completed (or even started) the Aldrin missions (have access to Aldrin through the Terran missions but have not gone to any of the subsequent Aldrin or Terran Unknown sectors), but I have already started and completed the New Home plot.
Spoiler
Show
and have the sudoku puzzle and sector north - east of Zyarth's Dominion to prove it.
so I'm not sure that Gold Dragon's unlock sequence is 100% correct.

Can anyone else confirm that New Home is possible prior to the Aldrin missions?

Edit: hmm, should have followed Daetur's link above before posting... :oops:
Last edited by pH7.0 on Sun, 13. Mar 11, 22:35, edited 1 time in total.
cheers
pH7.0
X3TC 3.1 vanilla.
Fight-trade-flying: Elite on C-64, Privateer, Privateer 2, Freelancer, X2, X3R, X3TC, X4.
Tenlar Scarflame wrote:nasty things that induce swearing and bashing your keyboard like a monkey.

cmdnenad
x3tc

Post by cmdnenad » Sun, 13. Mar 11, 14:27

Yes, I have done a New Home even though I haven't started Aldrin 2. I think I got the option to start Aldrin 2 just after I finished ANH.

Capt_Newbie
x3tc

Post by Capt_Newbie » Sun, 5. Jun 11, 15:20

RainerPrem wrote:
apricotslice wrote:Edit : Hub plot requirements updated to v2.1
Hi,

you edited away the Ore after the Teladianium...

cu
Rainer
Yep, and it's still missing...

'The first task is to realign the working gate pair. This will effectively stop the xenon from getting in, because your moving these gates somewhere else. However, as you get told, this is permanent, so choose wisely where to move them to. With the Hub targeted, there will be a Gate realignment option available. Select the gate you want to ‘redirect’. It takes about 2 minutes to complete.

Deliver 150,000 Teladianium.

Then 250,000 Crystals.'

Bit of a nasty surprise after delivering all the Tela...
"Once you figure out what a a joke everything is, being the Comedian's the only thing that makes sense."

Imari
x4

Post by Imari » Wed, 15. Jun 11, 12:56

For Final Fury mission 1 towards the end of the mission, when i have to go to Argon Sector M148 to dock at the Military Base, is it normal to see a hostile Military Outpost? I think its an Argon Military Outpost since the marines are Argon, which is weird since the other Argon structures arent hostile and i have rep 10 for Argon.

I have Race Reputation Rank 7-9 for Paranid, Split, Argon, Teladi, Boron and Reputation Rank 5 for Terran. I believe Rep Rank 7 minimum is enough? or i am suppose to get higher Rep Ranks for the commonwealth races? or get good reps with with pirate/yaki/corporations/terran?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 15. Jun 11, 13:22

Imari wrote:For Final Fury mission 1 towards the end of the mission, when i have to go to Argon Sector M148 to dock at the Military Base, is it normal to see a hostile Military Outpost? I think its an Argon Military Outpost since the marines are Argon, which is weird since the other Argon structures arent hostile and i have rep 10 for Argon.
The other outpost is related to the Terran plotline, so if you haven't completed that it's perfectly normal for that station to be hostile to you.

cmove1
x4

help

Post by cmove1 » Mon, 18. Jul 11, 03:51

Hi i need the full walkthrough for XTC i am stuck on the #effa/ #cafe miss to crack the code i dont mind a donation as long as i can get a good walkthrough but i dont see any on ur site that covers where i am and where i was stuck at caping the Terran expermental cruise befor comp died and i had to re-enstall to new comp. thx invace for help and i will donate to ur site when i get that walkthrough

The Rogue Trader
xr

Post by The Rogue Trader » Thu, 21. Jul 11, 11:14

is there an update for the required items for the hub plot for Vers 3 ?

The Rogue Trader
xr

Post by The Rogue Trader » Thu, 21. Jul 11, 19:59

pjknibbs wrote: The other outpost is related to the Terran plotline, so if you haven't completed that it's perfectly normal for that station to be hostile to you.
I have completed the Terran and Fina Fury plotlines and the Outpost is still red to me

irR4tiOn4L
x3tc

Re: help

Post by irR4tiOn4L » Sat, 6. Aug 11, 19:33

cmove1 wrote:Hi i need the full walkthrough for XTC i am stuck on the #effa/ #cafe miss to crack the code i dont mind a donation as long as i can get a good walkthrough but i dont see any on ur site that covers where i am and where i was stuck at caping the Terran expermental cruise befor comp died and i had to re-enstall to new comp. thx invace for help and i will donate to ur site when i get that walkthrough
This walkthrough helped me immensely, these missions are often clear as mud.

For the code breaking bit I solved in myself, but it takes a long time to solve that sodoku puzzle. Unfortunately, a swarm of fighters will kill you if you stand still even in an m7, so you either have to fly around while solving the puzzle, pause the game and solve it on paper or just use cheat codes to turn on god mode. You can apparently also use a sodoku solution generator

http://x3tc.roguey.co.uk/help/spike/newhome1.php

unarmedjon
x3tc

oh boy

Post by unarmedjon » Wed, 17. Aug 11, 00:56

OMG i havent even started the main Plotline
i've been playing for 8 game hours and i'm already a warlord rank at fighting...should i do the main plot now?or wait and build a big fleet(i have 1 destroyer and 3 squads of M4s and M5s)

oobee
x3tc

Post by oobee » Fri, 28. Oct 11, 11:43

Holy crap! you're at warlord and......yes start the main plot. its easy enough you certainly dont need a destroyer. Towards the end you'll need a cruiser definetely.

On a seperate note, in relation to the goner plot, I'm trying to dock at the priate base and cant. I hung around for ages but couldn't find anyone to hack the place. Please help

ps: does anyone know what system override software is exactly? i got it thinking it was another way to station hack but I can't seem to do anything with.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Fri, 28. Oct 11, 12:10

Are you trying to dock at the right base? The one in the bottom left of the map, not the middle?

Iirc you have to comm them, then they send you off for some wares to be able to dock. I could be wrong tho, it's been a while!

System Overide Software lets you claim abandoned ships without having to eject from your own. But it is illegal. Main races wont be happy campers if they scan you with that aboard...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”