[MD] Extended Horizons. New Sectors add-on. (Compatability Update 4 Mar)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Apothecarian
x4

Post by Apothecarian » Thu, 3. Feb 11, 05:15

Ok, first off, love the new sectors and music. But I seem to have one small problem. When ever I place any solar power plant in Unknown Sector Zeta (the one with the metric &@$" ton of sun), any spp only produces 20 e cells per cycle. Tried all spp sizes and races and it is the same thing over and over. Can I has a tip pls?
I have:
IL
X-tra ship pack
Extended horizons
Advanced weapons research
Cycrow's cheat package
Emp wares
Terran revitalization project
??? Terran pirate base
Other mods
V 1.5

InvrSmall
x3tc

Post by InvrSmall » Thu, 3. Feb 11, 08:58

1050% suns 8)

They work ok for me as I have 2 Terran L SPPs in that sector and they both produce 2765 Ecells every 1m 18 sec, but chew through Crystals at an alarming rate.

Do you have the same problem in other sectors or just that one ?

[edit] I just had a play around with all Races SPPs and they all work as they should. Medium make 1106 cells, Large make 2765 and XL makes 5530 cells every 1:18.
Also, Large size plants use 20 Crystals every cycle which seems to be the number you are getting as the output in Ecells.:gruebel: Since this is only a Map addon with no changes to other game files I suspect your problems might be caused by sometjhing else. [/edit]
Extended Horizons. Adds 15 new sectors to explore and to make a home in for your empire. Works with your existing Game save and does not require a new start.
Wing combat commands: Attack Fighters and Attack Capships. Adds the two commands to the Wing Combat menu.

Apothecarian
x4

Post by Apothecarian » Thu, 3. Feb 11, 23:06

Idk, but I only tried in that sector. I also cheated the factory requirements to take out crystal. Is that the reason or something? Building through scripts, the cheat package, or normal methods always yields the same results. Phooie...
Can I haz moar helps plz???

InvrSmall
x3tc

Post by InvrSmall » Fri, 4. Feb 11, 00:21

What script did you use to remove the Crystal requirements for the SPPs as this might be where your problem is comming from ?
Extended Horizons. Adds 15 new sectors to explore and to make a home in for your empire. Works with your existing Game save and does not require a new start.
Wing combat commands: Attack Fighters and Attack Capships. Adds the two commands to the Wing Combat menu.

Apothecarian
x4

Post by Apothecarian » Sun, 6. Feb 11, 22:57

I removed the crystal requirement on the spps via Cycrow's cheat pack. You know, the button labeled "remove resources from station"...

InvrSmall
x3tc

Post by InvrSmall » Mon, 7. Feb 11, 01:26

Apothecarian wrote:I removed the crystal requirement on the spps via Cycrow's cheat pack. You know, the button labeled "remove resources from station"...
Yep! and that is what screwed up your Power Plants. :P

Apothecarian
x4

Post by Apothecarian » Thu, 10. Feb 11, 05:31

So you are saying that spp's need crystals? Did I get that right?
Oh, I managed to have the Boron take over the "enemy held" (ATF) sector of Unknown Sector Alpha. Yet the Terrans in Gamma and Gamma B haven't been bothered. I got RRF.

P.s.- I screwed with the sector owner settings to make it my own area of space. Thanks for making this glorious area of &$@-ing empty space to fill up with an $18 billion complex.

-Apothecarian

InvrSmall
x3tc

Post by InvrSmall » Thu, 10. Feb 11, 18:42

Player Powerplants need resources of some kind to produce Ecells unlike NPC ones which seem to run a different script.
There is a "Crystal Free" script about somewhere which will run SPPs without crystals which should help you out. :)

btw, I am still working on adding more but it might take a while as I'm still trying to get my head around the MD and Script engine.

RichardDaborn
x3tc

Post by RichardDaborn » Fri, 11. Feb 11, 13:15

Can someone tell me how to put the files into the game manually, i extracted the files to the X3TC root folder and a) nothing has happened and b) they havent appeared.

I would like to place the files manually so i know its been done myself.
http://rdaborn.tumblr.com/
Sci-fi Artwork website.

InvrSmall
x3tc

Post by InvrSmall » Fri, 11. Feb 11, 17:52

Flibble. :P

The Director file, Extended_Horizons_Part1.xml goes in the Director file.
The Map file, Nexus_b29.xml goes in the Maps folder.
The TBackgrounds.txt file goes in the Types file.
The 8930-L044.xml file goes in the T folder.

And you rename the Extended_Horizon.cat and .dat files to one number higher than your present .cat and .dat number to make it run as a false patch. e.g. I my game they are named 15.cat and 15.dat.

:)

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sat, 26. Feb 11, 01:52

Im assuming this is incompatible with RSM ?

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Sat, 26. Feb 11, 03:38

joelR wrote:Im assuming this is incompatible with RSM ?
I asked that question in the RSM thread.
The answer was a firm No
Has to do with the galaxy map files being modified.
If RSM or TSOG mission incorporated them into their map file then it would be.
It can be the other way around.
Unfortunely.
You think a hero is some weird sandwitch and not a guy attacking a Xeno J with a kestrel.

Sir.. I said .. A guy attacking a J with a kestrel is the sandwitch.

InvrSmall
x3tc

Post by InvrSmall » Sat, 26. Feb 11, 05:12

I'll have a look into combining the Galaxy bod that TSOG uses with the additions I made to try to make them compatible with each other.

As for RSM, I'll look into that too but as of yet I don't know what the limits of the random generator is.

InvrSmall
x3tc

Post by InvrSmall » Sun, 27. Feb 11, 00:04

I now have compatibility with both TSOG and RSM which means that all my sectors will show up in both mods. The new galaxy map will use Sunblades flatmap with my sectors added to it. Again the same problems as before will be present as I have had to do the editing with notepad, so there will still be no links between my new sectors and that cursed right/left map flipping.

Still have to run some more tests but so far so good.

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Sun, 27. Feb 11, 01:12

Fantastic....

you must be very good to understand that Galaxy bod map.
I looked at it and couldn't tell heads or tails from it.
From the Bod file, looking at it as in notepad ++ . Both yours and the TSOG map.

(I gave up programming about 35 years ago.)
You think a hero is some weird sandwitch and not a guy attacking a Xeno J with a kestrel.

Sir.. I said .. A guy attacking a J with a kestrel is the sandwitch.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sun, 27. Feb 11, 01:34

InvrSmall wrote:I now have compatibility with both TSOG and RSM which means that all my sectors will show up in both mods. The new galaxy map will use Sunblades flatmap with my sectors added to it. Again the same problems as before will be present as I have had to do the editing with notepad, so there will still be no links between my new sectors and that cursed right/left map flipping.

Still have to run some more tests but so far so good.
You're awesome ty.

XDrake
x3tc

Post by XDrake » Sun, 27. Feb 11, 17:48

I see that there is a .dat and .cat file. There is no mention, in the install or post that I have to rename these. Is this right?
XDrake
-------------------------------------------------------
NECORE Inc.

InvrSmall
x3tc

Post by InvrSmall » Sun, 27. Feb 11, 20:28

Install instructions,
- Unzip Extended Horizons (which contains the folders; director, types, maps, t, spoiler) into your X3TC directory,
Rename the Extended_Horizons.cat and .dat files to make it run as a false patch, eg in my game they are named 15.cat and 15.dat
Load the game and play!
Yeah, you rename the Cat/Dat files to the number of your choice.

XDrake
x3tc

Post by XDrake » Sun, 27. Feb 11, 20:41

Sorry I didn't see it. TY.
XDrake
-------------------------------------------------------
NECORE Inc.

InvrSmall
x3tc

Post by InvrSmall » Mon, 28. Feb 11, 23:11

Well everything seems to be working fine so here is the compatibility patch for RSM and TSOG. It uses a modified version of Sunblades Flat Galaxymap which both RSM and TSOG use. Just replace the original Extended_Horizon.Cat/Dat with this new one and you are good to go.

http://www.axfd00.dsl.pipex.com/mission ... atible.zip

I'm a bit sleep deprived this week as 12 hour shifts and X3 don't help with clear thinking so, Again, back up your saves in case I've made a 'howler'.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”