[Cheat Script] Asteroid Relocator v1.0 by Nividium 15/01/09

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nividium

[Cheat Script] Asteroid Relocator v1.0 by Nividium 15/01/09

Post by Nividium » Fri, 16. Jan 09, 00:24

Name of Script Package: Asteroid Relocator
Version Number: 1.00
Date Released: 15/01/2009
Last Updated: n/a
Script Created For: X3 Terran Conflict v 1.4+
File Package Available: X3 Plugin Manager "SPK"

Download Asteroid Relocator

Description:

This is a cheat script.

Any of your ships equiped with a Transporter Device and Mineral Scanner can use the Asteroid Relocator software. Except the Playership, you personally cannot use this software.

Select one of your ships (doesn't matter if you are In or Out of Sector), choose the [Piracy]-[Containerize Asteroid] then a pop-up will appear asking you to select an Asteroid. The ship that is executing this command must be within 10km of the desired Asteroid or you will get a "beep" error. So, select the rock. The Asteroid will be de-moleculorized and placed into a "container" within that ship's cargo hold. You can see this "container" in the ship's cargo bay now. Ok, so you can move that ship to another Sector or you can drop the rock in the same Sector. The ship must be at least 10km away from the intended drop position in order for the command to execute, else you will hear another "beep". Choose the [Piracy]-[Unload Asteroid] command and a pop-up will appear asking you to select a Sector Position. Use your key-pad directional keys 4,8,6,2 to move the cursor to the desired positon and press [Enter]. The "containerized" Asteroid will now be unloaded in the exact position you specify. So, be careful where that position is and remember Asteroids are big mothers and you could easily drop it on a station or gate etc. There is no anti-collision code to prevent you from doing just that in this script, so use caution. Hey, if you make a mistake, just "containerize" it again and move it over some. No big whoop I suppose.

A ship can only carry one "container" Asteroid at a time. To prevent you from trying to "containerize" more than one Asteroid at a time, I have coded in a safety ie: the command [Containerize Asteroid] will be greyed - out when you are already carrying one Asteroid. Don't lose that container either, as if you do, you will not be able to unload/get the Asteroid out of it. Do not try to transfer the "container" onto another ship and then try to make that ship "unload" the Asteroid. It will not work. Why? Because I said so. No, because the container is emgram stamped with the Transporter Device serial number, so no other ships can use the container. Helps deter pirates wanting to kill your ship in order to steal the container. Doesn't mean they won't kill your ship anyhow, but for a dif reason.

Required Equipment:

- Transporter Device
- Mineral Scanner

Installation: Use the X3 Plugin Manager.

Uninstall: Use the X3 Plugin Manager. There is no internal uninstaller for this.

Version History: Version 1.00 Initial Release.

Command Slots Used: <t id="657">COMMAND_TYPE_PIRACY_57</t>
<t id="658">COMMAND_TYPE_PIRACY_58</t>

Text File Used: 8091-L044.xml

ssc41
x3tc

Post by ssc41 » Fri, 16. Jan 09, 19:22

Thank you. This was one of my favourite scripts in X3 Reunion.

Wolf-R1

Post by Wolf-R1 » Fri, 16. Jan 09, 20:46

This

Is

AWESOME! :D

Thanks. This will come in handy for those asteroids in pirate sectors...namely Loomaknstrats Legacy. :D

bigdan6248
x4

Post by bigdan6248 » Fri, 16. Jan 09, 23:17

Too bad you can't beam the container to a Ka'ak destroyer and unpackage it on board...

... :roll:

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Sat, 17. Jan 09, 01:23

bigdan6248 wrote:Too bad you can't beam the container to a Ka'ak destroyer and unpackage it on board...

... :roll:
With all the technological advancements we have achieved, we still resort to our roots and end up hurling rocks at each other :twisted:

DrSysAdmin
x3ap

Post by DrSysAdmin » Tue, 20. Oct 09, 20:22

Anyone test this with 2.5?

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Mon, 11. Jan 10, 02:57

Ok, so you can move that ship to another Sector or you can drop the rock in the same Sector.
Now that is very useful. DLing it now.

Thanks..

on a side note.
Won't the group owning the sector be a bit miffed if you go around and start stealing their rocks??

And don't park at a station.. Suzie might snatch the container.
"Will the parents of Suzie, please tell her not to open the box she took!"

George Wills
xr

Post by George Wills » Mon, 11. Jan 10, 15:29

Nice script, but still I prefer Super Tractor. Using it with JumpDrive, you may transport roids to other sector, towed by player ship with all dangers of transporting wide load. :roll:

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Tue, 12. Jan 10, 17:00

I'm finding this script very useful..
Instead of me doing the work, I let some poor guy in a freighter do all the leg work.

So if you're using this script, then use the boarding station script and the DAD script you can:
take over a DAD factory;
Move the factory to a location of your choosing;
Have it build the drones for your own use;
Esp the build drones.
Get a SB and fill it with 20 to 30 build drones;
Go to a sector with no asteroids in it;
Start on an empty section of the sector and fly to a point at full speed;
(I use my Vidar)
Use the SB to deploy the build drones at where your ship is at and your ship is moving so the drone will locate where your ship was.
Now you have reference point within 10 KM of each other that you can dump your unwanted roids you have taken from a sector your developing.
Plus you give some poor sector some roids that some NPC will try to build on.

Ta-da.

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Mon, 25. Jan 10, 03:51

BTW.. when you say that it's coded to another ship.. you meant it.

I had just zapped a 40 pt Nividium roid in a Khaack sector then the Khaack took out the transport.

I got the container but to no avail.. I couldn't restore it.

O well..

:lol:

Uzza
x3tc

Post by Uzza » Sat, 17. Apr 10, 17:21

This sounds like an awesome script.
I'm think I'll use the UJD with my Orca and pick up a few asteroids and see if I can transport them to the rest of the universe. 8)

I just hope GOD doesn't kill them when I jump out.

Meltdown

Post by Meltdown » Thu, 8. Jul 10, 17:38

I wonder: can this be used as an anti-station weapon? Since there's no collision detection, what's to stop me from unloading a 'roid on a station I don't like much and let it blow it to bits?
Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow you may die.

ShadowOxide
x3tc

Post by ShadowOxide » Fri, 9. Jul 10, 21:25

I think that may be part of the idea... Exactly what I was thinking when I read that line. :wink:

Now we just need a giant slingshot for that rock. :D

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Fri, 9. Jul 10, 22:22

It make great blocks when unloaded on a Xenon gate.

But the drawbacks it that the NPC's tend to crash and burn but you don't have rep loss either. Plus you can get the wares after awhile.
Keeps the shipbuilding in business. :roll:

greghar
x3

Post by greghar » Thu, 24. Feb 11, 05:44

Does anyone know if this script is compatible with the new xtended 1.1 version?

Quilbo

Post by Quilbo » Wed, 13. Apr 11, 15:09

Does this work with the latest version of TC?

daedalus4828
x3

packing roids

Post by daedalus4828 » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 23:37

can you pack a roid with a mine on it?

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Fri, 7. Oct 11, 01:23

Does this work with the latest version of TC?
Yes..

I have the lastest patch and heavyily modded and it works.
can you pack a roid with a mine on it?
Nope..
It only works with roids..

a mine makes the object a factory. The looks of the factory simulates
a mining operation on a asteroid.
So really it a fab type object.

Do recommend the asteroid fusion script.. crunch asteroids into larger ones then transport to desired location and then place a mine on it..
(So go steal from other sectors.. The roids will reappear later)

UFJD sectors are great for making larger roids. But the packer will not work there, so use the Super tractor beam script and jump it to a location.
Cycrow advance jump drive scripts make energy free jumps and pinpoint locations.
But be prepared to replace your standard jumpdrive when doing the astroid jumping. It tends destroys it. But after a while you can blast that 1K Nividium roid into pieces and collect the stuff for trade/credits after you have fused it and transported it to a nice Unknown sector.

I use the packer in the X verse and the Super tractor in the UF sectors.
(Largest fused Nividium roid I made in a UF sector came out to 250 points.. it's rare and nice to make one that big..
but the packer for some reason doesn't work in those sectors. Doesn't work for me.. plus it save on replacing jumpdrives when Back in the standard X verse.)
You think a hero is some weird sandwitch and not a guy attacking a Xeno J with a kestrel.

Sir.. I said .. A guy attacking a J with a kestrel is the sandwitch.

LordGaara

Post by LordGaara » Thu, 19. Apr 12, 20:45

Awesome script Nividium!

Too bad the link is dead for me. Opens a scrambled text. Tried "save target as", doesnt work either.

Is Nividium still around or if someone knows an active link?

I would love to try it for AP.

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Fri, 20. Apr 12, 06:57

LordGaara wrote:Too bad the link is dead for me. Opens a scrambled text. Tried "save target as", doesnt work either.
Link works fine for me when I use "save target as". Make sure you have an .spk extension on the file to be downloaded.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”