SMPX³tc

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Rednoahl
x4

Post by Rednoahl » Wed, 15. Jul 09, 13:08

can't post on the other forum - modems playing up again. By my calculation it's TTD's go tomorrow

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Wed, 15. Jul 09, 13:24

Should be, but since I was waiting for Matak and he did not respond any PMs, if you don't mind, I will take my turn now and send it to TTD on Friday.

Rednoahl
x4

Post by Rednoahl » Wed, 15. Jul 09, 13:44

Fine by me. If you're following on from Cdaragorn's save there are some marines that need picking up where you left your Kraken - don't know why haven't gone into the Kraken's cargo hold

Rednoahl
x4

Post by Rednoahl » Wed, 5. Aug 09, 21:45

Can't get onto the other forum again, I've uploaded the file but don't know if it's worked - could someone confirm it has.

Other stuff:

There are some falcon haulers docked at terracorps which I intended to homebase at the TL at the crystal complex so the complex wouldn't run out of money - never got time.

I've repaired the ship I capped using the UfJD up to fifty odd percent, it's parked at Paranid prime eq dock. It took forever to repair it that far.

The complex in barren shores isn't quite self sufficient (by my calculations it runs 6 crystals shy per hour.) I've built it with the intention of adding chip plants later, using crystals from the nearby crystal complex to fuel that part.

Teladi Profit

Post by Teladi Profit » Thu, 17. Feb 11, 16:46

Hello!

Anyone interested for a new SMPX³TC (V3.x)?

Greetings!
Kreativität ohne Grenzen!
http://forum.bosl.info

ivak
x3tc

Post by ivak » Thu, 17. Feb 11, 17:08

I would gladly join if there are enough interested people.
Your ship Your Python was destroyed in sector Split Fire by Spacefly.

Nwah

Post by Nwah » Thu, 17. Feb 11, 17:15

I wouldn't mind doing it. If we do start one we should make it a somewhat neutral start, like Nostalgic Argon I believe it was called?

Chemical-mix
x3tc

Post by Chemical-mix » Thu, 17. Feb 11, 17:17

Sounds great. Although i may not join in on this one, i'd love to see one of the save games at an advanced stage!

This type of game-sharing is called "Bloodline", and it's a pretty common form of playing long-running/time intensive single-player games. It's used extensively in Dwarf Fortress and the likes.

I think it would work really well with the X-series.

Edit: I think it would be interesting to set up 2 separate games with, say 5 ppl each, simply to see how the 2 group of players diverge from each other in the later stages.

Keep it up guys- although i won't join in on this one, i'd love to read the tri-daily reports and updates!!! :D
Last edited by Chemical-mix on Thu, 17. Feb 11, 17:23, edited 1 time in total.
"I came, I saw, I crumbled"

Teladi Profit

Post by Teladi Profit » Thu, 17. Feb 11, 17:22

There are two savegames [here].
The first one is a version of german players and the second one is from english players.

Striker304
x3tc

Post by Striker304 » Thu, 17. Feb 11, 17:26

I'd think it would be better if this starts with a completely new savegame...

mfg
Striker

Teladi Profit

Post by Teladi Profit » Thu, 17. Feb 11, 17:29

We're playing always with two teams. One german language, one english language. But we can make a crossover too. :)

Yes, we will do a completly new start.

Chemical-mix
x3tc

Post by Chemical-mix » Thu, 17. Feb 11, 17:33

Thanks Teladi,

i'll have a wee look at them when i get outta work. I enjoy seeing other people's creations.
"I came, I saw, I crumbled"

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Thu, 17. Feb 11, 17:41

I'd be interested. Depending on rules

Nwah

Post by Nwah » Thu, 17. Feb 11, 17:42

Alright whenever you make the new savegame I guess I'll take a look at it. Will it have the bonus pack or not though?

Teladi Profit

Post by Teladi Profit » Thu, 17. Feb 11, 17:46

All the SMPX games are vanilla. So, what you think? Are the bonus pack vanilla? ;)

ivak
x3tc

Post by ivak » Thu, 17. Feb 11, 18:00

Nwah wrote:Will it have the bonus pack or not though?
I think we can safely include it. I don't use it (i am mostly a fighter jockey and there's nothing for me in the BP), but its a must have for more trade-oriented players.
Teladi Profit wrote:So, what you think? Are the bonus pack vanilla?
Most people consider it vanilla, don't they?

Infekted
x3tc

Post by Infekted » Thu, 17. Feb 11, 18:06

Turbo booster! Nothing like buzzing a Q in a kestrel doing 1360m/s...

I wouldn't play without bonus pack personally :3

Teladi Profit

Post by Teladi Profit » Thu, 17. Feb 11, 18:30

[Here] is the forum for the SMPX³TC.
At this time Striker304 is the gameleader.
[If you can't register]

Rednoahl
x4

Post by Rednoahl » Thu, 17. Feb 11, 19:03

I played SMPX3TC for nearly two years. I found it very educational and picked up loads of little tricks that made me a better player by taking part. I can't join this one sadly as I need a new gfx card to play the game in the first place and my uplaoding speed is too slow to successfullly upload anything but an early game.
Infekted wrote:I'd be interested. Depending on rules
The older version of SMPX3TC doesn't use the same system we did - I don't think there are rules in this version. We only had rules to make things easier to accomplish goals (like no building in Plot sectors until the plot is done - it's quite difficult to do combat missions in setors with 1000 station complexes and 300+ mining ships for example.) Looking back on it now, we only needed rules because I needed keeping in check - everyone else was fine without them I think.

I would say it's wise to have a personal goal in the SMP game otherwise you can be quite lost once it gets to your turn.

I don't have access to the saves from SMPX3TC version 2 (interesting to look at - I think ther chip phase was done in 16 hours or less) and version 3. If TTD or vbruzual get on later they might still have access - TTD's sig has a link to the SMPX3TC version 2 if anyone fancies a read of what we got up to.

ivak
x3tc

Post by ivak » Thu, 17. Feb 11, 20:39

Teladi Profit wrote:[Here] is the forum for the SMPX³TC.
At this time Striker304 is the gameleader.
[If you can't register]
Hmm, maybe i'm looking in the wrong place, but the latest post is almost one year old.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”