[Script] (IL) Enhanced Jump Interface 1.1 15/3/10

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

[Script] (IL) Enhanced Jump Interface 1.1 15/3/10

Post by LV » Thu, 25. Feb 10, 22:10

Enhanced Jump Downloads or NAJS (not another jump script)

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Unpacked Version

[ external image ] SPK version

Imperial Library Scripts MUST BE INSTALLED

----------------------------------------------------------

Detailed Description

I made this for myself as I was getting seriously chuffed off at constantly pressing up down on the arrow keys to get to the sector I wanted while scripting.

Being the benevolent Sith that I am I decided to share it and add some bells and whistles for balance and such.

The EJI will overwrite the stock egosoft navigational command for "Jump to Sector" and also install a hotkey so you should remove your current vanilla hotkey and use this one.

Sector Viewer
Type the sector name in (as per jumping) and it will open that sector, You will need an Adv Sat present to see what's going on in there

Defined Jump

The Interface's main purpose is to allow quicker jumping by using the Command "Defined Jump" this option allows you to type in the sector you wish to jump to.

example: I want to jump to Family Pride, If I enter F (must be case sensitive) the every sector starting with F will come up with the needed energy requirements for the ship . If I enter Fal it will only have Fallen Shores come up. The full name is not needed

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Normal Jump
As my other bugbear was being taken from behind when jumping into sector by TL's and such this now jumps in the same manner as the normal jump but put's the ship 3-4k above the gate (no more humping :))

Gateless Jump (once ship is upgraded)

P2P jumpdrive we all know what this does!

--------------------------

Upgrades

[ external image ]

No Countdown During Jump

This upgrade will allow you to keep control of your ship during the 10s countdown, this comes in handy for combat situations where you need to get out of the sector.

Targeting Hotkeys

[ external image ]

3 Hotkeys available for a one off 5 million credits, The allow scanning for find nearest enemy ship (no distance max), Find Nearest Mine & Find Nearest Missile

What you ask? "How have you balanced such a cheat script Lord Vader"

Easy Each individual ship will have to be separately upgraded at a cost which depends on the value of that ship, Ts and Tp would be pretty cheap to upgrade, M1/2 etc cost a Little bit more.

Both the no timer upgrade and gateless jd must be bought for every ship. This should hopefully induce players to keep the upgrade to their more important ships.

In addition energy cost is 3x the norm for gateless jumping.

Use or Use Not, There Is No try ;)

---------------
Install

Same as every other script, use the plugin manager (stickied) or manually install if you know how to

t 8843

commands VANILLA OVERWRITE <t id="37">COMMAND_LV_overide_JUMPTOSEC</t>
Last edited by LV on Mon, 15. Mar 10, 19:33, edited 4 times in total.
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

markdeno
xr

Post by markdeno » Fri, 26. Feb 10, 04:21

LV,
The mod manager lite states that this spk is for X2. I presume that this is not so?
-Markdeno

edit LV Of course not, i just forgot to change the game info in the spk file: TC only

Catra

Post by Catra » Fri, 26. Feb 10, 04:56

and the great LV has made yet another great script to make it even harder to stray away from the darkside :wink: :)

lepetit

great

Post by lepetit » Sat, 6. Mar 10, 22:08

thanks LV - i love this script

but - if i want to upgrade to gateless jump - i have to pay 'null' credits so i can not do gateless jumps

without your script i used
Energiegeneratorerweiterung 1.30 [EGE] by u24j7x5
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=221616
and
i always used more skripts....

but i hate it everytime to search the sectors in universmap - your skript makes me happy if it works fine

EDIT: it think there is missing a file, but i already use Imperial Laboratories
lib.lv.get.price.xml

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 7. Mar 10, 10:37

indeed it is, Imperial Library Scripts
I forgot to add the lib requirement to the first post :roll:

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 15. Mar 10, 19:17

Upgraded to 1.1

I've turned back on the sector look up option so you can type the sector and the script will open in that sector, you'll need a sat in there if you want to see it properly
LV's TC Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

Gripen
x4

Post by Gripen » Mon, 15. Mar 10, 19:24

Guess i have no other choice but to try this out now :roll:

edit: Well look at that, sector finder works perfectly, took a few tries before i noticed it was case sensitive though :)

edit2: dunno if this is a bug or not but when using normal jumpdrive it takes about 17 seconds more *after* betty is done counting to 100% before the actual jump happening.

edit3: another thing, when using defined jump it doesnt matter if you choose gateless or not, both options gives you a gateless jump with x3 energy cost.

impress

Post by impress » Tue, 8. Feb 11, 19:37

I have the same problems as Gripen. Defined jump eats energy like gateless and sometimes it takes more seconds to jump after countdown.
So i want to try another script and how uninstall yours? Just delete files?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 8. Feb 11, 20:44

looks like a couple of values need checking

to uninstall you should be able to simply remove the scripts

Mad_CatMk2
x4

Post by Mad_CatMk2 » Thu, 7. Apr 11, 06:04

Hey LV I donno if this just happened or if its scheduled maintenance but the pictures and links for this script is down.
I fly an OWP. What about you?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 7. Apr 11, 09:58

great, not only did my core hard drive fail last week (hence why i've not been walking the halls of S&M picking on the minions here) but my old website where i hosted everything has finally been shut down a year after moving isp

my todo list is becoming quite annoying
LV's TC Scripts

seePyou
x4

Post by seePyou » Sun, 12. Jun 11, 16:18

That is a very nice script and I've been using it for a while. Ty :)

I was wondering if it would be possible to have a ship gate in and then gate out ABOVE the gate. Jumping solved 90% of my problems, but there are times when I just gate and stuff keep crashing into me. Thanks.

darqen27
x3tc

Post by darqen27 » Tue, 26. Aug 14, 16:31

Useful Mod, but the Defined Jump value was never fixed. Normal jumps still cost 3x as much using this mod
- Darqen Tasquenesk

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”