[AL Plugin] Universal Banking "The Financial Revolution Continues" v502 26-01-11

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Sun, 2. Jan 11, 13:41

mark_a_condren wrote:@ drakend

Are you using the latest 'Beta' plugin manager? If you are not using the latest 'Beta' version you will get this issue. Please update to the latest version if you are using an older version. A link to the latest version is available from the OP.

MarCon
works just fine with latest beta. you should probably make big letter not of it in the OP.
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Sun, 2. Jan 11, 14:04

vukica wrote:

Are you using the latest 'Beta' plugin manager? If you are not using the latest 'Beta' version you will get this issue. Please update to the latest version if you are using an older version. A link to the latest version is available from the OP.

MarCon
works just fine with latest beta. you should probably make big letter not of it in the OP.
It was always there, just now its billboard size.
:-D

MarCon

LarryBurstyn
x4

Post by LarryBurstyn » Sun, 2. Jan 11, 14:28

[quote="mark_a_condren"][quote="vukica"][quote="mark_a_condren"]@ drakend

MarCon[/quote]

works just fine with latest beta. you should probably make big letter not of it in the OP.[/quote]
It was always there, just now its billboard size.
:-D

MarCon[/quote]

Word of warning. Plugin Manager does not work with Xtended mod because it's built-in extended ware file conflicts with the Xtended ware files.

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Sun, 2. Jan 11, 14:40

i know it was, but people are usually too lazy to read stuff. so you have to fire it at them at point blank range.

funny thing is that it works just fine without plugin manager, as a zip, you know. so why does it need plugin manager really? or did cycrow change something about spk's that makes it incompatible?

and as larry says... only zip can work with xtc...

drakend

Post by drakend » Sun, 2. Jan 11, 17:08

vukica wrote: works just fine with latest beta. you should probably make big letter not of it in the OP.
I just downloaded the latest version smart one: before making a fool out of other people be sure to not make a fool out of yourself.
vukica wrote:i know it was, but people are usually too lazy to read stuff. so you have to fire it at them at point blank range.
Do yo feel so big in playing the smart dude role? Go on and enjoy yourself... you feel satisfated with so little... :lol:

drakend

Post by drakend » Sun, 2. Jan 11, 17:14

MarCon
Yeah it's the last beta version. Perhaps it's due to the fact I'm trying to use the plugin manager with the xtended mod, I don't know...

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Sun, 2. Jan 11, 17:21

@ drakend
Yeah it's the last beta version. Perhaps it's due to the fact I'm trying to use the plugin manager with the xtended mod, I don't know...
From what LarryBurstyn said, I would say that is what the problem is. I'll put a bit about it in the OP to try to help others that run into this problem.

Thanks.

MarCon

drakend

Post by drakend » Sun, 2. Jan 11, 19:23

From what LarryBurstyn said, I would say that is what the problem is. I'll put a bit about it in the OP to try to help others that run into this problem.

Thanks.

MarCon
The weird thing is that the plugin manager works with another plugin, it depends on the files involved I guess. Anyway your plugin is wonderful, the station manager is working greatly too! Thanks for making this wonderful plugin! :)

samlauncher

Post by samlauncher » Wed, 5. Jan 11, 10:42

Appritiated info, its good to know

Omumou
x3tc

Post by Omumou » Wed, 12. Jan 11, 17:28

Stupid question, but how do you activate or find the Universal Banking ingame?

The script installed fine and the plugin manager says the script is enabled.

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Wed, 12. Jan 11, 17:40

Omumou wrote:Stupid question, but how do you activate or find the Universal Banking ingame?

The script installed fine and the plugin manager says the script is enabled.
options, controls, select interface(not sure it's interface, should be) tab, scroll way to the bottom and asign the hotkey you wish to use.

Also should be in the ship command console... not sure where. try general, special or custom.

elenoir

Post by elenoir » Sat, 22. Jan 11, 01:25

please i am begging you, i love this script but can i know how to turn off the messages it send when you are either "too low credits in an coount" or overflowing. i now have 68000 messages and locks up game. Had to loads old save. Also is there a way to turn off interest gain please. Gaining interest on the billions i have ( even with 50 accounts ) means i have to spend most of game time opening up a tonne more and moving cash around. Im spending less time actually playing the game and more time just trying to stop cash from overflowing due to interest rate. Please help me if possible, as i said i really do like general concept of your script, just dont need certain extra's, thanks.

Sarvoth

Post by Sarvoth » Sun, 23. Jan 11, 23:09

elenoir wrote:please i am begging you, i love this script but can i know how to turn off the messages it send when you are either "too low credits in an coount" or overflowing. i now have 68000 messages and locks up game. Had to loads old save. Also is there a way to turn off interest gain please. Gaining interest on the billions i have ( even with 50 accounts ) means i have to spend most of game time opening up a tonne more and moving cash around. Im spending less time actually playing the game and more time just trying to stop cash from overflowing due to interest rate. Please help me if possible, as i said i really do like general concept of your script, just dont need certain extra's, thanks.
Being able to disable the messages would be a great option. I am having a similar problem in my current game. I pretty much used loan cycles and interest to work up many billions of credits out of 20 million in a very short amount of time and now the accounts are running rampant and pinging me constantly, lol.. I created an unstoppable credit monster that needs to put down :-(.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Sun, 23. Jan 11, 23:36

@ elenoir & Sarvoth

I'll try and get some time this evening to do a quick fix for your problem, it wont be anything fancy atm as RL has got me very busy :cry: . I'll just comment out the message sending part of the code for now and post a link to the altered files you need. This will stop the messages but will do nothing for the interest earned im afraid. I'll get a better fix posted as soon as i can, but this will come at the cost of you having to set the script up from scratch so the options menu can be updated properly.

MarCon

Sarvoth

Post by Sarvoth » Sun, 23. Jan 11, 23:55

mark_a_condren wrote:@ elenoir & Sarvoth

I'll try and get some time this evening to do a quick fix for your problem, it wont be anything fancy atm as RL has got me very busy :cry: . I'll just comment out the message sending part of the code for now and post a link to the altered files you need. This will stop the messages but will do nothing for the interest earned im afraid. I'll get a better fix posted as soon as i can, but this will come at the cost of you having to set the script up from scratch so the options menu can be updated properly.

MarCon
That would be fantastic, thank you so much for your work!

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Mon, 24. Jan 11, 16:58

Just a quick update on the progress in regards to the issues some are having.

I'm not going to get the update released tonight, sorry. It should be this time tomorrow though.

The option to turn messages on/off is in and working.
So too is the option to turn interest on bank balances on/off.

No closing of accounts or fiddling about to much to update to the new version. Just install the new scripts and a quick run of the 'update' option in the 'uninstall Menu'. So that is good news for you users.

However, i did manage to reproduce the 2,000,000,000 bug again :evil: , so i'm in the process of hunting it down and fixing it. I've got it narrowed down and some code changed but i need to test it some more before releasing the update. So as soon as that is done i'll post the update, like i said it should be in about 24hrs.

MarCon

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Tue, 25. Jan 11, 15:04

Version 502 released. Available for download in the OP.

Version Info :

V502 - 26-Jan-11
  • Added option to turn High / Low Account balance warning messages On / Off.
  • Added option to turn Account interest payments On / Off
  • Corrected bug with interest payment reporting giving wrong accont balance when 'Auto Account' was created.
You MUST turn OFF the standard 'Auto Credit Transfer to Player Account' station credit management or you WILL encounter a bug resulting in the player getting their account topped up to 2,000,000,000 credits repeatedly if you SELL a Station you own. There is nothing that can be done about this bug at this time. The ONLY recource if you encounter this bug is to reload a previouse save before encountering this bug. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
It is Not a bug in the script, it is a bug when station ownership is changed and how the game engine handles it.

elenoir wrote:Also is there a way to turn off interest gain please. Gaining interest on the billions i have ( even with 50 accounts ) means i have to spend most of game time opening up a tonne more and moving cash around. Im spending less time actually playing the game and more time just trying to stop cash from overflowing due to interest rate.
If your accounts get to 1,500,000,000 the script will auto create new account to put your credits into, so there is really no need to "opening up a tonne more and moving cash around" if you don't want to :) .

MarCon

ezza84
x3tc

Post by ezza84 » Wed, 26. Jan 11, 19:43

Thank you so much for this update, really appreciate you taking the time out from RL to help fix that problem. I loaded my save game from before I installed universal banking and just uninstalled it. was no way I was gonna manage to delete 70,000 of those messages :P . I am not home atm but this weekend i will defo re-install this script again. Once again thanks mate.

hmm, seems this is an old X3 account i had, so different name. This is Elenoir btw :) .

Deniskos
x4

Post by Deniskos » Mon, 7. Feb 11, 06:00

Greetings!
Excellent plug-in, thanks. But there is one error which leads a game frost. If to put the ship or station, and then again it to try to put, at an exit from the menu game is frozen on always. Game by pressing the ship or station allocated with red colour is frozen.
[ external image ]

felgorn
x3ap

Post by felgorn » Tue, 8. Feb 11, 16:27

Ok, i'm with stupid question guy/gal. i am using X: TC version 3.0 and the latest version of plugin manager 1.20, not using Extended.. manager says universal manager is active.

So, how do i activate this?

I have looked all through my ships command console and have no custom command option. also it's not in the special commands. Finally, there is no hot key option in controls > interface.

i'm baffled. :?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”