X3 Terran Conflict: Terran mission, Split espionage and sabotage Bug.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

shadowlich314
x4

X3 Terran Conflict: Terran mission, Split espionage and sabotage Bug.

Post by shadowlich314 » Thu, 3. Feb 11, 04:47

I seem to be having a problem with this mission, i have capt. pearle in my cargo and everything, but the mission tracker will not change to the Split Supply Elephant ship when i get close to it, nor will it allow me to place the tracking bug that i should apparently be able to.

Can anyone help? I would REALLY like to fix this WITHOUT restarting the whole game as i didnt realize there would be a glitch and I did not make a save game.

kgkosio
x4

Post by kgkosio » Thu, 3. Feb 11, 04:57

Did you capture the freighter?

This mission is dependent upon you waiting to be told to do each step. You must plant the Satellites and wait for Pearl to tell you where the enemy is. When you plant the tracking device, which requires you to almost scrap paint with the target, you no longer need Pearl aboard the ship you are flying. You need to fly the captured freighter, not your ship, to plant the bug. You must then survive the counter attack and leave the sector and rejoin the ship Pearl is on to continue the plot.

I hope all of this is correct, since it has been 9 months since I last played this mission.
Fan of the save game manager by badger
Best Steam DiD death: Fly into a TL repeatatly while repairing it

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Thu, 3. Feb 11, 10:55

Above is correct. A good tip to survive the encounter is to make your ship (preferably fast or well armed) follow the captured freighter you pilot. Keep in mind you got to fly very close to this TL, paintscraping close. Makes it far easier in surviving once they notice you planted the bug.

Also: make sure wich ship holds captain Pearle when you change ship to pilot the capped freighter as he won't follow you.

kev1572
x4

Post by kev1572 » Thu, 3. Feb 11, 12:20

Your the lucky one! I dont even have a TL to plant a bug on! lol.
Got the mission,then captured the frieghter,then had to do a couple of things.When i came back i found a Xenon P had killed just about everything in the sector and i have been waiting for a couple of days now for the TL to respawn,but no luck so far :( Just hope i'm not waiting or for a ship thats never going to appear lol

Duncan1!

Post by Duncan1! » Mon, 7. Mar 11, 01:15

I need help with this mission as well. I took a break from the plot after picking up Capt. whats his nuts in Asteroid Belt. About 20 hrs later and 300M credits I decided to continue. I bought 10 advanced satellites, went to Family sector, dropped satellite, killed Xenon Q and then got the order to go to the next sector. I instinctively dropped a satellite in Family Ryk as well but nothing happen.

So here is my major problem. Capt. Whats his nuts died, presumably, about 18hrs ago in Xenon sector 347 while traveling in a Scimitar from Legends Home to Omicron Lyrae with a suicidal autopilot at the helm.

Is he really dead? Can I find him? Will it matter? I read in the walk through thread that even if he is found the mission is still a wash. But this information was from V2.1. Was this sort of thing fixed? Would he be trying to enter a ship piloted by me? I really dont want to start all over again but I cant continue with Operation Final Fury until I get to Alderan, have to scout **** sector 931. I dont want to give up my fleet!

kgkosio
x4

Post by kgkosio » Mon, 7. Mar 11, 05:28

Try returning to the station where the plot mission started.

This should act a lesson for those new to the game. Do not accept a plot mission unless you are ready or willing to complete it. (HUB deliveries not included)

Once you accept a plot mission, it is your priority. You can ignore accepting the mission for as long as you want, but once you accept them, finish them.

Good luck in finding Capt. Pearl again.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 7. Mar 11, 05:32

Check all your ships.

If he's not aboard any of them (and not back at the station) he should have appeared in a spacesuit near your personal ship.

Duncan1!

Post by Duncan1! » Tue, 8. Mar 11, 02:27

Thanks for the quick replies guys. I checked all my ships as well as went to the Terran station to look for Capt. Pearl again....nada. But I have an idea, I was sitting in Asteroid Belt with SETA for about an hour a while back, (waiting for one of my complexes to fire up) and I noticed that something kept knocking me out of SETA! I didnt bother to look to see what it was but rather kept hitting the SETA key. I initially thought it was space flies but apparently they are not in TC. I bet it was my long lost Capt. Pearl trying to get my attention lol.

So I plan to leave SETA going again in the same location and this time INVESTIGATE if similar circumstances persist. Will post again if it was in fact our Mr. Pearl pounding on the airlock door with his last gasps of O2 :oops:

kgkosio
x4

Post by kgkosio » Tue, 8. Mar 11, 05:08

Space Flies are in TC. There is a Steam accomplishment for stunning 7 space flies at once.

dillpickle
x3tc

Post by dillpickle » Tue, 8. Mar 11, 05:35

kev1572 wrote:Your the lucky one! I dont even have a TL to plant a bug on! lol.
Got the mission,then captured the frieghter,then had to do a couple of things.When i came back i found a Xenon P had killed just about everything in the sector and i have been waiting for a couple of days now for the TL to respawn,but no luck so far :( Just hope i'm not waiting or for a ship thats never going to appear lol
The TL won't 'respawn' - it's indestructible, so it doesn't matter how many P's, Q's J's or K's pound on it, it will survive.

However, you do need to be flying the captured freighter for the mission to continue.....

eddieg
x4

Post by eddieg » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 03:43

Help!

The split elephant jumped (I was approaching it w/ my starting ship just so I could SETA while the transporter was approaching ever so slowly...)... where does it go? The guidance doesn't come up -- that is, there is no more guidance!

Edit: oh, ok.... it had jumped elsewhere in the sector, which I discovered by sending my sabre out to explore the sector.

Edit 2: yikes! at my second approach, pirate ships were around... then suddenly the elephant launches like 5 split deca.ships! death.

Edit 3: yeah... plant the device and then DIE! Jeez, how the hell am I to survive... I hope the TL doenst always jump if my other ship follows, or I'm in big trouble. I just watched them obliterate my other ship as I called it in to pick me up :-(

Gotta love sandbox games :-)

Hey, maybe this two year old bump might help someone!

kgkosio
x4

Post by kgkosio » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 06:27

You need a jump drive in the ship that is planting the bug (plus e-cells)

Send the ship you transferred the jump drive from to the sector to the north.

Repair the ship and transfer 25mj shields to the ship, dock at the trading station and upgrade the speed and acceleration.

initiate the jump sequence to the sector to the north at around 80% scan complete.

Fly around the station and strafe after the scan is complete until the jump happens.

eddieg
x4

Post by eddieg » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 17:39

I managed to get out of it, the TL didn't jump... so I made it out!

Interestingly though I find lots of threads always talk about having jump drives, all around... and the way I've found myself, playing without trying to read too many spoilers... I don't think I've ever had a jump drive :-)

I know now where to find them I think (it's in the manual anyways)... for this game I'll work towards getting some...

Threesixtyci
x4

Post by Threesixtyci » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 18:14

U shouldn't resurrect 2 year old threads....
Reason being patches, likely have changed things.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 26. Sep 13, 21:45

Exactly. eddieg: please start your own thread if you have a question rather than dredge up a thread that's most likely out of date due to later patches.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”