[Script] Wing Attack Commands "Attack Fighters" and "Attack Capships"

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

InvrSmall
x3tc

[Script] Wing Attack Commands "Attack Fighters" and "Attack Capships"

Post by InvrSmall » Mon, 6. Dec 10, 21:11

Wing Attack Commands "Attack Fighters" and "Attack Capships".

[ external image ]

These simple scripts add two commands to the Wing Combat menu, Attack Fighters and Attack Capships. The ships in the Wing also require Fight Command software MK2 to be installed for the new commands to show.

The scripts calls use the standard Egosoft wing command !wing.fight.manager where Fighters or Bigships are set as the preferred target, so the wing will still attack other classes if their preferred target is not in their scan check range.

The scripts included :
wing.cmd.attack.fighters
wing.cmd.attack.bigships
setup.Invr.wingcombat.AtkFtrBig

The T file used is 8931-L44

And the Wing Command Slots used :
<t id="316">COMMAND_WING_TYPE_FIGHT_16</t>
<t id="317">COMMAND_WING_TYPE_FIGHT_17</t>
Last edited by InvrSmall on Thu, 20. Jan 11, 05:02, edited 2 times in total.
Extended Horizons. Adds 15 new sectors to explore and to make a home in for your empire. Works with your existing Game save and does not require a new start.
Wing combat commands: Attack Fighters and Attack Capships. Adds the two commands to the Wing Combat menu.

Kframe
x3

Post by Kframe » Thu, 23. Dec 10, 02:25

is it compatable with Anarkis defense commands/carrier commands? If so this will add nicely to my game seeing as these are the commands i want.
Packing a K frame model 15-3 S&W .38spc.

InvrSmall
x3tc

Post by InvrSmall » Thu, 23. Dec 10, 12:53

It should do as the Anarkis defense commands/carrier commands use the following,

Commands used :
COMMAND_TYPE_GENERAL_30 to 36
COMMAND_TYPE_STATION_37 to 38
COMMAND_TYPE_SHIP_37 to 38

So there should be no clash.

:)
Extended Horizons. Adds 15 new sectors to explore and to make a home in for your empire. Works with your existing Game save and does not require a new start.
Wing combat commands: Attack Fighters and Attack Capships. Adds the two commands to the Wing Combat menu.

Kframe
x3

Post by Kframe » Wed, 29. Dec 10, 04:05

Hey bro, im having a problem installing this and using this. When i install it with the manager, and then launch my game, it does not show up in my wings combat commands menu. I have 5 busters and all i have is the vanillia commands.

This is becuase when i quit the game and go to the plugin manager it has uninstalled it self. Infact if i install the package and then close the manager then reopen it, it will not be installed.

Any ideas whats going on.

InvrSmall
x3tc

Post by InvrSmall » Wed, 29. Dec 10, 05:20

That's a strange one indeed. :gruebel: Unless I made the SPK with a different version of Plugin manager and something silly is happening. I used V1.3 if that's any help. You could use the .rar download instead, stick the files in the X3 folder and you should be good to go.

Also, Make sure your ships have Fight Command software 1 + 2 installed on your wing as well so new combat commands show in the menu.

Kframe
x3

Post by Kframe » Wed, 29. Dec 10, 13:29

So just download the other file and open it in the x3tc folder. Ok ill give that a try. Hmm i wonder if its somehow a issue on my end. Its just odd, i install it and open the game and the commands are not there.(allships have fight commands 1&2) I close out of game and open the plugin manager and the script isnt in my installed list.

Im going to try to do it the manual way, im sure to have better luck with that.

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Wed, 29. Dec 10, 13:54

This looks like a good script to have. Maybe after debug you could add it to community library.

Submissions go here http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=229421
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

Kframe
x3

Post by Kframe » Wed, 29. Dec 10, 13:59

Wish me luck, i downloaded the rar and moved it to the x3tc folder. Lets see if that does the trick.

Edit, I downloaded the .Rar and moved it from my downloads to the x3tc folder. I checked ingame and the commands were not present. DO i have to do anything different with the rar file after i down load it? I just downloaded it and then moved the file to the tc folder.

So can anyone tell me what i did wrong with the .rar file.

Kframe
x3

Post by Kframe » Wed, 29. Dec 10, 14:12

OK. LOL i know what i did wrong. I need winrar to open the program and install it to the correct folders. Good lord i cant believe i didnt think of that.
Oh well time to learn something new LOL.

InvrSmall
x3tc

Post by InvrSmall » Wed, 29. Dec 10, 20:27

Has anyone else had any problems with the SPK ?

Kframe
x3

Post by Kframe » Thu, 30. Dec 10, 02:40

Hey bro, I installed it manually and it is working pretty good i think. My only question is, is attack fighters and attack bighsips commands only accessable by the commands menu? Is there any way to add the commands to a hot key, or to the quick commands menu. Like when your inspace and click on the wing and up comes protect me, follow me and attack all. I would love to see the commands added there.

As of now it is usable as is, but id love to see in a future release, see the commands added to quick menu.

But as i said, if i have a few seconds before a fight it is very usefull in its current form. Just food for thought. Thanks again for working on this.

Paladin-Solo

Post by Paladin-Solo » Thu, 20. Jan 11, 02:26

InvrSmall wrote:Has anyone else had any problems with the SPK ?
I just tried using the SPK and it installs fine, but the commands are not present in the game, guess i'll use the .rar file.

InvrSmall
x3tc

Post by InvrSmall » Thu, 20. Jan 11, 02:50

Do you have Fight Command software MK2 installed on the ships ?

Paladin-Solo

Post by Paladin-Solo » Thu, 20. Jan 11, 04:26

InvrSmall wrote:Do you have Fight Command software MK2 installed on the ships ?
They were M7s, so yeah, the manual install worked though.

InvrSmall
x3tc

Post by InvrSmall » Thu, 20. Jan 11, 05:04

Cheers for the feed back. :)

I've removed the SPK till I can suss out what is wrong with it.

mangydog
x3tc

Post by mangydog » Thu, 10. Feb 11, 06:40

Is the RAR installer still available? The download link gets a 404 file not found error.

cheers,
mangyDOG

InvrSmall
x3tc

Post by InvrSmall » Thu, 10. Feb 11, 18:30

The download link is working again, it looks like my ISP had a bit of a wobble this morning.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”