[SCR/IDX] Lucikes Script Collection for X³: Terran Conflict [16th July 2011]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Thu, 6. Jan 11, 12:19

Also a suggestion to pass on to the top guy who created all these scripts... please for the love of all that is X3 make it possible to turn off the basic salary pop up... I'm sick of seeing it every in game hour :evil: You should be able to turn that annoyance off... it's especially difficult to actually go into a fight and suddenly have that thing pop up and cause you to A. Crash into ship or station thus killing you or B. Getting shot and dying because your ship instead of going in the direction you want to go is moving in a forward direction making you an easy target for any shot from an enemy ship.

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Thu, 6. Jan 11, 17:13

Requiemfang wrote:hmmm Saeten is that compatibility file for XTC up to date with the current release of version 1.1?
Ikaruga wrote:The link to the Xtended compatibility pack seems to be not working.
Can I have a mirror please ?
There is a new version.

http://www.lucike.info/x3_terran_confli ... TC_1.1.zip
Requiemfang wrote:Also a suggestion to pass on to the top guy who created all these scripts... please for the love of all that is X3 make it possible to turn off the basic salary pop up... I'm sick of seeing it every in game hour :evil: You should be able to turn that annoyance off... it's especially difficult to actually go into a fight and suddenly have that thing pop up and cause you to A. Crash into ship or station thus killing you or B. Getting shot and dying because your ship instead of going in the direction you want to go is moving in a forward direction making you an easy target for any shot from an enemy ship.
Look in the AL settings.

Regards
Lucike

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Thu, 6. Jan 11, 17:33

Ah thanks Lucike :D

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Fri, 7. Jan 11, 09:40

Lucikes Script Collection for X³: Terran Conflict

[ external image ]
[ external image ] [ external image ]

-> Lucikes Script Collection (Zip-Format)
-> Lucikes Script Collection (7-Zip-EXE-Format)

Required: X³: Terran Conflict Version 2.5 or newer (not compatible with X³: Reunion) !!

X-Tended: The modification X-Tended uses some command slots which where already used by Lucikes script collection. Aditionally X-Tendend modified an original script which Lucike already did modify too. So he made adjustments to keep compatibility between his collection and X-Tended: X-Tended 1.1 Compliance Upgrade (English and German). To install this update, simply copy it into you X³:TC installation after you have installed X-Tended and Lucikes Script Collection.

6th Jan. 2011
  • Basic Salary (Version 3.1.02) [Grundgehalt]
  • Global Administration (Version 3.1.00) [Globale Verwaltung]
  • Personnel Transporter (Version 3.3.03) [Personaltransporter]
  • Prospector (Version 3.2.09) [Prospektor]

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Sun, 16. Jan 11, 15:36

Hmm I was just wondering this Saetan, has Lucikes thought about doing a mapping service script? There aren't many reliable scripts out there right now for this area. The ones I have come across or used are well... too simplistic in what they do, by that I mean all they do is explore, scan roids and mark stations. The closest I think that someone got to a good script was 7ate9tin11s, where they not only explored the universe but also dropped nav or advanced sats in the sectors.

There aren't many like that and 7ate9tin11s sort of left modding and X3 anyways so his script is now older and doesn't serve it's function anymore as it hasn't been updated in such a long time.

So I was just wondering if Lucike had thought about doing a script like his many other successful ones.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sun, 16. Jan 11, 22:20

As far as I remember, Lucike was already asked about an auto-explore script a long time ago. He didn't liked that idea, because it would be too much automatization and there would be to less work for the player left.

So, the player should explore his universe by himself for the first time.

To keep the maps up to date, his traders are able to be set to auto actualize the maps.
Also there is am alpha-version script by Lucike, although there's only a German language file yet, which is able to maintain and replace satellites, lasertowers and jump beacons. Again, the placement and exploring is the job of the player.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sun, 23. Jan 11, 23:26

Lucikes Script Collection for X³: Terran Conflict

[ external image ]
[ external image ] [ external image ]

-> Lucikes Script Collection (Zip-Format)
-> Lucikes Script Collection (7-Zip-EXE-Format)

Required: X³: Terran Conflict Version 2.5 or newer (not compatible with X³: Reunion) !!

X-Tended: The modification X-Tended uses some command slots which where already used by Lucikes script collection. Aditionally X-Tendend modified an original script which Lucike already did modify too. So he made adjustments to keep compatibility between his collection and X-Tended: X-Tended 1.1 Compliance Upgrade (English and German). To install this update, simply copy it into you X³:TC installation after you have installed X-Tended and Lucikes Script Collection.

23rd Jan. 2011
  • Jump Beacon (Version 3.1.04) [Sprungboje]
  • Missile Defense Mosquito (Version 3.2.01) [Raketenabwehr Moskito]
  • Security and Rescue Service (Version 3.2.08) [Sicherheitsdienst]
  • Befehlsbibliothek "Libraries" (Version 3.5.07) [Befehlsbibliothek]
Last edited by Saetan on Mon, 24. Jan 11, 07:49, edited 1 time in total.

Gemini24
x3tc

Post by Gemini24 » Mon, 24. Jan 11, 02:15

Im sure this has been asked before...but was curious if these scripts were ever going to be put into SPK format?

Reason im asking is mainly for troubleshooting ease.

Ive tried packaging them myself but it never seems to work right >.<

Either way i enjoy the pack :D

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Mon, 24. Jan 11, 07:46

Gemini24 wrote:Im sure this has been asked before...but was curious if these scripts were ever going to be put into SPK format?
There are no plans for that.

But if you want, as far as I heard, the Plug-In Manager has the feature to convert non-spk-released scripts into spk-versions. But as I don't use that programm I can't tell you for sure, neither can I assist you for that.

You may ask in the topic of the Plug-In Manager instead.

Gemini24
x3tc

Post by Gemini24 » Mon, 24. Jan 11, 16:40

Alright thanks :)

And Yeah thats what i was using before to package them, guess ill go back and see if i missed somethin.

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Wed, 26. Jan 11, 13:32

Stupid question:

I want to install the CAG and CLS for X3:TC 3.0 with the XTC (v1.1) mod installed.

All the info I have found refers to this thread which makes it straight forward enough to install the whole package.
- Install XTC
- Install Package
- Install compliance upgrade.

The problem is that I really ONLY want the CAG and CLS, I don't really want the rest of the package. The individual CAG and CLS threads that I've found don't seem to be as up to date as this one and make no mention of XTC.

So my question is this, can someone provide a step by step idiots guide to only installing CAG and CLS and making them XTC compliant.

Thanks in advance!
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Wed, 26. Jan 11, 14:05

The package here is the up to date versions, you can just download the pack and pick and choose which script you want to install. YOU don't have to install everyone of them. All you really need is the Library script and the other ones you want to install.

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Wed, 26. Jan 11, 18:52

Ok so lets see if I've got this right:

To selectively install just CLS and CAG I just copy the contents of the appropriate subzip file with in the package to my main X3:TC folder, adding the scripts and t files.

Same with all the libraries.

The bit thats confusing me a bit is the XTC compatibility upgrade.
It contains 2 scripts both of which are part of the library files so I guess I should replace those.
I don't know what the t-files are though, they're variants on number 7213 which doesn't seem to be part of any of the scripts in the collection.

I guess I copy those too, having extra t-files I don't need won't hurt I guess.

Also do I need the "scripts.delete" and "scripts.uninstall" folders too?
I guess so but I've not come across them before, what do they do?
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Wed, 26. Jan 11, 19:06

If you plan on removing the scripts later then yeah it's safe to put them in the main directory. With the compatibility pack yeah let the files overwrite after you've placed the other files where they need to be. Things should work fine after that. It does for me at least.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Wed, 26. Jan 11, 19:15

Bishop149 wrote:To selectively install just CLS and CAG I just copy the contents of the appropriate subzip file with in the package to my main X3:TC folder, adding the scripts and t files.

Same with all the libraries.
So far, so good. I'm just not sure, if you need to install the "Basic Salary [Grundgehalt]" script too. It's outsourced from the Military Transports and contains the payment, I'm just not sure if that payment includes the freighter pilots too. Anyway, if you would need it, you would get an message ingame, which would tell you.
Bishop149 wrote:The bit thats confusing me a bit is the XTC compatibility upgrade.
It contains 2 scripts both of which are part of the library files so I guess I should replace those.
I don't know what the t-files are though, they're variants on number 7213 which doesn't seem to be part of any of the scripts in the collection.
Of course you have to overwrite any existing files, else the compliance update wouldn't be installed correctly. I also took a look into the 7213 t-file. For me, it seems to be a t-file from the XTC-mod, containing the command slots. So that one has to be replaced too, else there would be command slot incompatibilites.

Bishop149 wrote:Also do I need the "scripts.delete" and "scripts.uninstall" folders too?
Only if you want to uninstall Lucike's files. The uninstall-directory contains setup-files which would uninstall the appropiate scripts, if copied into the scripts directory.
The delete-directory contains batch files which delete the script- and t-files, if executed (inside the delete-directory).

You don't need to extract them into your game directory if you don't like. You could do that just before you like to uninstall/delete the scripts. Anyway, if they are in their directories, they won't do any harm anyways.

LarryBurstyn
x4

Question:

Post by LarryBurstyn » Thu, 27. Jan 11, 01:45

Okay, I got CL1, CL2, CAG, EST....the pilots advance in their abilities...

My question is if a pilot has advanced to the highest level (or any level) in a system does the pilot take his level to the other system if you change a ship from say EST to CLS1, or from CLS1 to Prospector????

Second Different Problem.
Ships on CLS1 delivering Energy Cells (EC) donot keep enough EC's to make the jump back to their base (Solar Power Plant). They jump to the constumer (one of my other plants) and UNLOAD ALL of thier EC's. This means the ship must take the LONG path back to their base. Setting the refuel amount on the Jump command area does nothing to help this problem.

CLS2 ships do NOT refuel using the refuel command (maybe because the constumer is FAR below 5% supplied--to be filled the costumer complex needs MILLIONS of EC's). I've gotten arround this by specifing the number of EC's to load and unload (making sure the ship has enough EC's to make the jumpt).

Saetan
x4

Re: Question:

Post by Saetan » Thu, 27. Jan 11, 02:38

LarryBurstyn wrote:My question is if a pilot has advanced to the highest level (or any level) in a system does the pilot take his level to the other system if you change a ship from say EST to CLS1, or from CLS1 to Prospector????
Pilots keep their ranks, if they got used for another task. Important to keep in mind, that Lucikes scripts differ between military and civil ranks. That means, a full trained CAG will start as a recruit if you use him for SRS (for example) but will keep his rank if you start him as CLS.

LarryBurstyn wrote:Ships on CLS1 delivering Energy Cells (EC) donot keep enough EC's to make the jump back to their base (Solar Power Plant). They jump to the constumer (one of my other plants) and UNLOAD ALL of thier EC's. This means the ship must take the LONG path back to their base. Setting the refuel amount on the Jump command area does nothing to help this problem.

CLS2 ships do NOT refuel using the refuel command (maybe because the constumer is FAR below 5% supplied--to be filled the costumer complex needs MILLIONS of EC's). I've gotten arround this by specifing the number of EC's to load and unload (making sure the ship has enough EC's to make the jumpt).
Don't know, which setting for refuel of a CLS1 you mean, but there is an own jump drive setting for CLS1 so don't use the Egosoft one. If you already mean the script own setting, a log ("Analysis to Log"-feature, log is to be found in a text file just beneath your savegame directory after creation) may help.

For CLS2, just enter an own refuel-command into the list, for example something like:

Station A: 1. load Energy Cells up to 7500
Station B: 1. unload all Energy Cells; 2. load Energy Cells up to 200; 3. load any other wares you like

ad "Station B: 2." ... I'm not sure anymore, but I thing there even is a point like "load jump drive energy" ... use that one instead, if existing ... and use the jump drive settings to set the amount of jump drive energy.

LarryBurstyn
x4

Re: Question:

Post by LarryBurstyn » Thu, 27. Jan 11, 07:10

Saetan wrote:
LarryBurstyn wrote:My question is if a pilot has advanced to the highest level (or any level) in a system does the pilot take his level to the other system if you change a ship from say EST to CLS1, or from CLS1 to Prospector????
Pilots keep their ranks, if they got used for another task. Important to keep in mind, that Lucikes scripts differ between military and civil ranks. That means, a full trained CAG will start as a recruit if you use him for SRS (for example) but will keep his rank if you start him as CLS.

LarryBurstyn wrote:Ships on CLS1 delivering Energy Cells (EC) donot keep enough EC's to make the jump back to their base (Solar Power Plant). They jump to the constumer (one of my other plants) and UNLOAD ALL of thier EC's. This means the ship must take the LONG path back to their base. Setting the refuel amount on the Jump command area does nothing to help this problem.

Don't know, which setting for refuel of a CLS1 you mean, but there is an own jump drive setting for CLS1 so don't use the Egosoft one. If you already mean the script own setting, a log ("Analysis to Log"-feature, log is to be found in a text file just beneath your savegame directory after creation) may help.

For CLS2, just enter an own refuel-command into the list, for example something like:

Station A: 1. load Energy Cells up to 7500
Station B: 1. unload all Energy Cells; 2. load Energy Cells up to 200; 3. load any other wares you like

ad "Station B: 2." ... I'm not sure anymore, but I thing there even is a point like "load jump drive energy" ... use that one instead, if existing ... and use the jump drive settings to set the amount of jump drive energy.
CLS1 will not work for me because no matter what settings I have in the commands for CLS1 it will not load EC (Energy Cells) from the station it just delivered EC's to (I think because the station has a LOW percentage of EC's filled compared to how many it can hold). So CLS1 is a ONE WAY JUMP with a LONG trip back thru sometimes HOSTILE territory.

I use CLS2
My command is
Station Solar A: Load 11836 EC
Station Complex B: Unload 11556 EC
This keeps 140 EC's on ship (it takes 140 to get to B from A).

Tried the Load EC 140 but IT WILL NOT DO IT (the station is no where near having a percentage of it filled with EC it holds more than a MILLION and has only 50K Energy Cells).
Also tried Load Jump Drive Energy (same result).

I use the Lucikes Collections commands have Egosoft set to Yes for Jumpdrive use and jumps set at 0--have tried many different settings).

Argon Destroyer
x3tc

Post by Argon Destroyer » Thu, 27. Jan 11, 23:15

I have a question about CODEA Sysem.
My pilots learning only to level of Leutenant. They have over 15 stazuras of battle flight and not progressing.
Sorry for my bad english :D

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Fri, 28. Jan 11, 02:55

Argon Destroyer wrote:I have a question about CODEA Sysem.
My pilots learning only to level of Leutenant.
To increase their ranks, move them from fighter-class ships to the next class of ships (from M3 to M6, from M6 to M7, ... compare to the ship requierments list in the manual to see the minimal ranks for different ship types.)

LarryBurstyn:
Normally my example for CLS2 should work correctly, as I always used it by myself in former times. I don't think that the percentage should do any harm, as in that commands absolute numbers are used. But I never had that big complexes.
Maybe a log could "bring some light into that case" if you make one.

Can't tell about CLS1, never used that one.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”