[Jobs] SRM[8/6] and Xtra[20/4]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Mon, 10. Jan 11, 16:17

I can host it if you want, plenty of space and bandwidth that I don't use.

HotSake
x3tc

Post by HotSake » Mon, 10. Jan 11, 19:34

The popups aren't the problem. The problem is that I get no file when I click on the download link. It changes to "Your download is starting" but the file is never served. Someone please rehost.

vkerinav
x3ap

Post by vkerinav » Mon, 10. Jan 11, 19:40

I'm working on an update for CMOD using Griffiths' bias system. I'll upload it to TXU when done.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Mon, 10. Jan 11, 19:48

HotSake wrote:The popups aren't the problem. The problem is that I get no file when I click on the download link. It changes to "Your download is starting" but the file is never served. Someone please rehost.
I think it is a bandwidth control measure, I am creating an entry in my blog area on TXU as a temporary measure.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Mon, 10. Jan 11, 20:04

Xtra Jobs v3.2c: (Obsolete)
SRM Jobs v3.4c: (Obsolete)
Litcube's EES v1: (Obsolete)
AWRM v0.19/Vanilla "Biased Lasers" patch for EES v1: (Obsolete)

EDIT: As of AWRM v0.20 the EES configuration is included with the mod.
Last edited by Sam L.R. Griffiths on Wed, 12. Jan 11, 02:39, edited 1 time in total.

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

HotSake
x3tc

Post by HotSake » Tue, 11. Jan 11, 02:51

Thanks a lot!

Minor nitpick for vkerinav: can you rename the SRM Jobs archive to identify that it's been altered to work with EES, and update the included readme as well? I have the original, non-EES SRM Jobs archive lying around, and I'm still not entirely sure I installed the right one... :)

vkerinav
x3ap

Post by vkerinav » Tue, 11. Jan 11, 18:28

SRM Jobs upgraded, EES upgrade with Griffiths' latest additions and CMOD v4.4 compatibility.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Wed, 12. Jan 11, 02:45

vkerinav wrote:SRM Jobs upgraded, EES upgrade with Griffiths' latest additions and CMOD v4.4 compatibility.
AWRM v0.20 (and the CMOD v4.4 patch for AWRM v0.20) now includes AWRM/AWRM+CMOD configuration for EES.

Please note that the AWRM+CMOD configuration will probably produce different spawn results to the pure CMOD configuration. If you wish to discuss the EES configuration in relation to the use of AWRM (with or without CMOD) please do so in my AWRM thread.

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Wed, 12. Jan 11, 21:34

any news on fixing 3.2c unleashed no civs? :D
I used to list PC parts here, but "the best" will suffice!

Spectre01
xr

Post by Spectre01 » Thu, 13. Jan 11, 00:23

The link for both download is dead or something. Seems like a database error on the server end. Can someone upload the 3.45 SRM jobs to somewhere else? I forgot to update it when I updated to the newest CMOD/SRM and now there's 10k script running in my game and it's killing my performance...

edit: the download is working again...

btw, after put the 3.5 job file to use (using the unleashed-nociv file), somehow it still shows I have 10.8k scrip running... And I'm still getting low FPS with a quad core 2.66... need help...

dougeye
x3tc

Post by dougeye » Thu, 13. Jan 11, 09:30

spectre this is a known problem and is why i am waiting for another fix. the author of the mod recognised in another thread that there is a mistake in the unleashed no civs version and is fixing it. just patience for now :)
I used to list PC parts here, but "the best" will suffice!

vkerinav
x3ap

Post by vkerinav » Thu, 13. Jan 11, 16:57

Xtra Jobs updated.

Spectre01:

There's no errors in the SRM version, so my guess is that the number of Jobs hasn't gone up much since the previous version. Just another hundred and fifty new ships flying around. You wouldn't happen to have added anything else, would you?

Goncyn
x4

Post by Goncyn » Thu, 13. Jan 11, 17:21

Is about 10k scripts running unusual? I have been having performance problems, too, and my game has about 10k scripts running. Is there something I can do to evaluate whether there is a problem?

Spectre01
xr

Post by Spectre01 » Thu, 13. Jan 11, 17:32

Well, the way I fixed my problem is that I took an empty job file to make all the ships in the universe nameless. And use that remove nameless ship script to remove every ship in the universe. Then put in the 3.5 SRM-unleashed no civ job file. Seems to fix it. Now the running scripts are hover around 8.5k and my performance is more more stable.

I think when I updated from 3.3 to 3.4 job file, there's some job pile up that created some unnessasary jobs thus the running script went up thousands.

Hope to see the next updated version with more unnessasary jobs cut down :D

Firewrath
x3tc

Re: [Jobs + Script] SRM[11/1] and Xtra Jobs[13/01], Enhanced Equipment Spawner[11/1]

Post by Firewrath » Sun, 16. Jan 11, 11:20

vkerinav wrote: The Enhanced Equipment Spawner is a script to improve ship loadouts. It is activated on Jobs ships as they are spawned, are removes vanilla-spawned tunings, shields, weapons and missiles, replacing them with an improved variety.
I've a quick question here,
people have been looking for a way to equip ships in game without having to go through and do each ship 'by hand' so to speak,

im curious,
would it be possible to some how run this script on a ship you want equipped or a 'tender' to equip ships for you?
i know its not writen to do that, but i mean more 'in theory',

vkerinav
x3ap

Re: [Jobs + Script] SRM[11/1] and Xtra Jobs[13/01], Enhanced Equipment Spawner[11/1]

Post by vkerinav » Sun, 16. Jan 11, 15:29

Firewrath wrote:I've a quick question here,
people have been looking for a way to equip ships in game without having to go through and do each ship 'by hand' so to speak,

im curious,
would it be possible to some how run this script on a ship you want equipped or a 'tender' to equip ships for you?
i know its not writen to do that, but i mean more 'in theory',
Possible, yes. However, what you're looking for already exists. Try CODEA. I believe there are a few other options out there as well.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 17. Jan 11, 19:17

How many version of Litcube's EES are there now, and who's modified them?

There's two minor but important things that need to be fixed with 3 lines of code. Once I get the different versions, I'll change them.

vkerinav
x3ap

Post by vkerinav » Mon, 17. Jan 11, 22:23

Just the one. All of Griffiths' changes have been incorporated into it.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 17. Jan 11, 22:35

Cool. I just took a look, and actually Roger has made the modification already (which was to add a check to skip adding a laser if it couldn't find one, resulting in a null ware).

The other suggestion I'd have is removing boarding pods from NPC ships, or reducing their number. It'd treated as a missile currently, like all other missiles.

Neither is critical.

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Mon, 17. Jan 11, 22:39

Also, I noticed the flags are removed from Lib.Gen.EquipShip. Those flags were useful because the script can be used, and should be used, for specific spawns of AL plugin scripts that require special circumstances (no arial guns, no beams, etc.). It doesn't take away from the package you have now to keep them in there, but it does add functionality for non-jobs related ship spawning, especially as I've seen the request for a script like this in other forum topic.

No biggy. Just a thought.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”