[MOD - X3 2.5] New Horizons Mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Phlt » Fri, 17. Dec 10, 10:23

Thx for the support rod. :)

All DL links have been reshaped in OP.

You can directly DL NH Mod with or without Ulfius' Military Hud as well as NH Map from this topic.

rod finley
x3

Post by rod finley » Fri, 17. Dec 10, 17:29

No problem Phlt. You guys did a great job with this and deserve the support! And now after that brief moment of sucking up, I have a couple of questions

1 - In the GUT control menu, there is a command for managing your own sectors. I haven't found any way in the game to actually to own the sector. Do I need to add a script like STO to actually claim a sector?

2 - I've mentioned before how my Scorp's map shows a whole bunch of extra unknown sectors with no access points. I seem to recall reading how the different game starts have different universes/maps. If that is true, then could his map be picking up on those sectors as well and they are inaccessible because there are no gates for them in my game. It just drives me nuts not to be able to access every sector. And speaking of driving me nuts, I still haven't had anyone offer to sell me the coordinates for the Khaak sectors and I so want to get in and mix it up and make some money.

MBD
x3tc

Post by MBD » Fri, 17. Dec 10, 20:01

"We always were English and we always will be English and it's because we are English that we're sticking up for our rights to be Burgundians." - Passport to Pimlico 1949

Ben Isra
x3

Post by Ben Isra » Sat, 18. Dec 10, 09:22

1 - In the GUT control menu, there is a command for managing your own sectors. I haven't found any way in the game to actually to own the sector. Do I need to add a script like STO to actually claim a sector?
Hi rod,

If I remember well, yep, you're right. It's unfortunately one of the (many) things I hadn't the time to finish for the mod release.

rod finley
x3

Post by rod finley » Sat, 18. Dec 10, 15:10

Thanks Ben. I'll add the STO script one of these days and post back here to let everyone know if their are any conflicts. Thanks for the excellent script as well

RAMchek

What the hell's that racket?

Post by RAMchek » Tue, 4. Jan 11, 00:02

Everything looked great about this mod until I entered a custom system and the god awful music kicked in...It absolutely ruins the sense of atmosphere and mystery. It's not in keeping with the X3 soundtrack and seems totally out of place. I deleted the additional Mp3's, but playing the game in complete silence is just as atmosphere breaking. Word of advice...Video game music is an art in itself, bolt on some contemporary dance tracks and expect them to gel with the rest of the soundtrack, the results are bound to unbalance the package. Imagine watching Aliens or Terminator, even Star Trek to some wishy washy, Post Rave Euro dance?....Nah, I can't either.

Would have been an excellent mod, if it wasn't for the music :cry:

xavierd

Post by xavierd » Tue, 4. Jan 11, 22:17

Strange, my mind-reading ability seems to have stopped working.

RichardDaborn
x3tc

Post by RichardDaborn » Tue, 4. Jan 11, 23:07

Which mod is it may I ask?
http://rdaborn.tumblr.com/
Sci-fi Artwork website.

RAMchek

Post by RAMchek » Wed, 5. Jan 11, 02:53

New Horizons MOD, It didn't link to the mod thread....Odd. I must have made a mistake somewhere. :P It's a great mod, just the music is pants. I may take some time looking through the soundtrack and editing it. The problem is there are a number of tracks that have singing in them and some that are like an ambient, world music/folk hybrid. Seems so out of place. I now it might seem strange that I'm grumbling about an old mod. But I've just returned to the game after a number of years out. And for some reason I can't lodin to my old forum account?? :evil:

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 8. Jan 11, 14:24

RAMchek wrote:New Horizons MOD, It didn't link to the mod thread....Odd. I must have made a mistake somewhere.
Don't worry. You'll get there. Now. :) jlehtone

jarvawolf

greate mod :)

Post by jarvawolf » Sun, 9. Jan 11, 05:49

Hi and thanks for a greate mod :)

Phlt
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Re: greate mod :)

Post by Phlt » Sun, 9. Jan 11, 09:37

jarvawolf wrote:Hi and thanks for a greate mod :)
You are welcome ! :)

noname711

Post by noname711 » Sat, 29. Jan 11, 13:39

Hi, thanks for the mod, it looks very good, but there is one big problem. There is what i did:
1. installed the game on more time, so there weren`t any additional mods or scripts
2. patched the game with 2.5 patch(first tried 3.0 patch but the problem was the same)
3. copied all files from .zip folder o X3TC directory
4. when starting a game I chose NH mod
5. game started, but I saw only menu (previously I saw terran station on background)
6. I chose "Janus" plot
7. game started succesfully, but I didn`t saw menu on the left and my ship properties, the menu and hints were replaced by light blue rectangle
8. other things like map or ship details i see normally (see screenshots)
Please help me, I don`t know what to do.
Screenshots:
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

PALADIN245
x4

Post by PALADIN245 » Wed, 2. Feb 11, 12:17

noname711 wrote:Hi, thanks for the mod, it looks very good, but there is one big problem. There is what i did:
1. installed the game on more time, so there weren`t any additional mods or scripts
2. patched the game with 2.5 patch(first tried 3.0 patch but the problem was the same)
3. copied all files from .zip folder o X3TC directory
4. when starting a game I chose NH mod
5. game started, but I saw only menu (previously I saw terran station on background)
6. I chose "Janus" plot
7. game started succesfully, but I didn`t saw menu on the left and my ship properties, the menu and hints were replaced by light blue rectangle
8. other things like map or ship details i see normally (see screenshots)
Please help me, I don`t know what to do.
Seems to me like your trying to install X3R New Horizons mod onto X3 Terran Conflict, unfortuantley for you that will not work, X3R and X3TC have a rather different menu system, henceyour problems :D, unless i'm mistaken, about that... but i don't think so... Also there is 2 versions of NH mod, one for R, ie THIS ONE, and one for TC, which i have linked below, i really hope this helps ya :D

You should try looking in the X3TC modding forum instead of the X3R one if you want mods for TC, if you have R then install it and apply the mod, but TC can't accept R mods properly, Just a heads up!

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216690
X3TC SCRIPTS AND MODS INDEX ^^^

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=285757
New Horizons Mod for TERRAN CONFLICT ^^^

Hope that helps!
XSU Studios Managing Director
http://paladin245.portfolios.xsustudios.com/

"My orders are clear, as are my fields of fire, withdraw, or be destoryed, this is your only warning" Admiral Robertson, ASN Vengeance

[ external image ]

noname711

Post by noname711 » Wed, 2. Feb 11, 16:20

Oh, thank you for reply, yes it is my mistake, I am playing X3 TC not X3R. :oops: I didn`t mention that this is for Reunion because I didn`t find any reference of it. :cry: There was just written for "X3". But in the X3TC version is the same content as in the X3R version?(X3R version looks much more richer than the other version) :?

void_boy

Post by void_boy » Wed, 20. Apr 11, 21:15

Hi, and thanks for this great mod. I have played vanilla X3 a few times through over the years and this mod gives new life to a great game.

One question though... I like to cruise space with the cockpit mod switched on, so is there a way to use it with NH? Anyway way to make it work would be v cool, as the cockpit adds so much atmosphere to the game.

Thanks!!
void_boy

Helios01
xr

Post by Helios01 » Sat, 25. Aug 12, 11:14

What about cockpit mod, is it compatible with this? The one which adds new cockpits + old X2 cockpits at once, it's called ITS ARGON CPT MOD I think. I tried it with XTM but my game started crashing after visiting several sectors and after uninstalling the mod, I was unable to load the savegames so I needed to start again
"If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars" - Carl Sagan

Zamorra15

Re: greate mod :)

Post by Zamorra15 » Tue, 25. Dec 12, 20:25

Phlt wrote:
jarvawolf wrote:Hi and thanks for a greate mod :)
You are welcome ! :)
Hello Philt,

as i have seen, you are still active, more in the french forums.

I allways loved the New Horizons Mod in the Past, so now my question, do you know, is it possible to get the ships form Crisp67 as XSP Files ?

Thank you very much in advance for your answer.

Greetings from Germany

starkiller43

Post by starkiller43 » Wed, 3. Sep 14, 12:02

Hi I need the 8888 t-file for new horizon for x3 reunion becuase secor/ship names are coming up as readtexts could someone help :evil:

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 4. Sep 14, 19:47

What are the complete readtext error numbers?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”