[AL Plugin] Universal Banking "The Financial Revolution Continues" v502 26-01-11

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Sat, 27. Nov 10, 06:42

CBCRonin
mark_a_condren wrote:siath70
Intersting idea. Just what you need in your game, banks pestering you with better rate offers than their competitors every couple of minutes.
MarCon
Sorry, that was my very sad attempt at humor at the time.

I wasn't actually thinking the messages would occur every few minutes.... as that would likely irritate customers, rather than attract them .
So not like my bank in the real world. They could save a lot of money and trees if they didn't send me out letters every couple of days. :roll:

Getting such messages when certain ranks in race relations or personal monetary goals (inex. earn first millon, ten million, etc.) were achieved was more along the lines of my thinking.
I like this idea ...

If any race would relentlessly pursue white collar financial criminals; I think it would probably be the Teladi.
:lol: Yes i wouldn't like them chasing me if they thought i had some of their money. :D

I will keep your suggestions in mind when i am doing the next version.

MarCon

milp

Post by milp » Fri, 3. Dec 10, 12:38

Hi, i found a problem with your bank plugin:

I have 2 billion on my player account and now i can't withdraw from bank accounts anymore. Any money i withdraw just disappears.

Could you please fix that?

Edit:

WTF whenever i try to put money on a station so it has over 2 billion, it goes into the negative numbers. seriously, what is going on?

siath70
x4

Post by siath70 » Fri, 3. Dec 10, 13:28

milp wrote:Hi, i found a problem with your bank plugin:

I have 2 billion on my player account and now i can't withdraw from bank accounts anymore. Any money i withdraw just disappears.

Could you please fix that?

Edit:

WTF whenever i try to put money on a station so it has over 2 billion, it goes into the negative numbers. seriously, what is going on?
There's nothing wrong with this script. 2 Billion credits is the hard limit and that's what this script is for. To spread your money out so it doesn't do what you're describing.

You should seriously go back and read this thread as it has a lot of useful information.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Fri, 3. Dec 10, 13:42

That's correct, and it's not a bug with the script!!! 2,000,000,000 is the game engine limit on your account. No scripter has any power over this, it is put in place by egosoft due to 32bit limits. If you transfer credits to your account from anywhere and it exceeds this limit you will loose the credits over this limit. Gone, lost, no retrievable. That is the reason i wrote the script to give players somewhere to put extra credits rather that at vulnerable stations.

From the banking account transfer menu it will not allow you to transfer an credits into any account, including the players account, that will put the account balance over 1,500,000,000 for this very reason.

Again this is an egosoft thing. If you try to transfer credits to a station through the standard egosoft menu and it will exceed the 2,000,000,000 limit it will display as a neg number. If you go ahead with the transfer, as stated above, you will loose your credits over this limit. Again, nothing can be done about that by any scripter. It is the players responsability to use some common sense.

WTF ...
DON'T abuse me for something i have no control over please.

MarCon

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Fri, 3. Dec 10, 13:56

This's all looking nice so far. :)

Shame some people don't read descriptions properly :P , nah, I'm sure we've all done it before. :)

Anyway, any ideas on what financial evolution we're going to get next... we've got banks and a stock exchange, so... a universal depression creator? :roll:
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Samuel Creshal
x3tc

Post by Samuel Creshal » Fri, 3. Dec 10, 14:00

EmperorJon wrote:Anyway, any ideas on what financial evolution we're going to get next... we've got banks and a stock exchange, so... a universal depression creator? :roll:
That already exists, it's called GoD. :P

AngelDust26

BUG when selling stations

Post by AngelDust26 » Sun, 12. Dec 10, 19:31

I really like this script, but every time I sell a station my ingame player money goes to 2 billion and stays there (after every transaction it goes up again.

What could be the reason for this?

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Re: BUG when selling stations

Post by mark_a_condren » Sun, 12. Dec 10, 19:48

AngelDust26 wrote:I really like this script, but every time I sell a station my ingame player money goes to 2 billion and stays there (after every transaction it goes up again.

What could be the reason for this?
This was a possible problem in the earlier versions of the script. If you are using the latest version this should not be happening any longer. (i took great measures to remove this possible problem)

If you are using a older version of the script please update to the latest version. If you are using the latest version already, please let me know so i can look into this.

( the prob was caused when the player station come under npc control when it was sold and the game engine took over the station credit control, but it would credit the credits to the player not the npc station. Stations are now destroyed and recreated on ownership transfer to avoid this problem)

Once this starts to happen the only way to resolve it is to go back to a previous save before you sold the station or destroy the station you sold to take it out of any credit handeling by the game engine.

MarCon

Lordaeron
x4

Post by Lordaeron » Tue, 14. Dec 10, 01:52

Another great script man!

Mentioned 2 things you should take a look at.

First line in the mainwindow, where the current credits of playeraccount are displayed.
Seems the playname is get there through a global variable (correct?). For me it displays "activateMUS" (Marking Unkown Sectors, MD Script). Changed my name back it its still "activateMUS".

If I close an account, with a station connected to it. It will recreate the account when the next transaction comes in.
Maybe disable the auto transaction when its account gets closed.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Tue, 14. Dec 10, 02:41

@ Lordaeron

Hi mate, been a while, hope you've been keeping well'

Thank you for the script compliment.

Yes the player name re credits is in a GV, i'll make a change so the name gets updated.
If I close an account, with a station connected to it. It will recreate the account when the next transaction comes in.
Maybe disable the auto transaction when its account gets closed.
Hmmm ... Each cycle will check all available accounts that are linked to station credits manager and use them in the order they are listed in the menu. But if an account has been closed it shouldn't remake it next cycle, so that's a prob. If need be it will create an account to transfer cr from the stn into, but it will give it the 'Auto acc" type name and the auto account number, but shouldn't reuse an ordinary account name.

I'll take a look and see what i can find.

If there are no linked accounts it will not transfer credits 'to' a station unless you have 'player Acc' set as one of the accounts 'stn cr man' can use.

Weird ...

Oh well, time to go code diving again. :D

MarCon

Lordaeron
x4

Post by Lordaeron » Tue, 14. Dec 10, 16:56

@ #2
Well, it wasnt the original account name. Cant remember what it was but if its intended.... :)

drakend

Post by drakend » Sun, 26. Dec 10, 18:49

Hi,
this script is a must-have for me in the game. Is it compatible with the mod Xtended TC 1.0?

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Mon, 27. Dec 10, 04:41

Hi drakend

Glad you are enjoying the script and find it usefull.

I don't currently know if it's compatible with XTC 1.0 or not. I'm waiting on feedback from users who try it and let me know if there are any problems. I don't currently have the time to try it and find out myself sorry.

MarCon

drakend

Post by drakend » Fri, 31. Dec 10, 09:26

Hi
thanks for the reply.
To know if it functions or not I just have to see if the game crashes or not, right? :lol:

drinniol
x3ap

Post by drinniol » Fri, 31. Dec 10, 09:39

I'm having the 2bil problem with the latest version. It doesn't happen every time. I'm selling silicon mines and it happens on the second or third sale. I have a save so I'll keep testing.

Update: I turned off auto credit transfer before selling and it appears to be the solution.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Fri, 31. Dec 10, 10:05

@ drakend

Don't know so much as lock the game up, the bank may not function quite properly is more what i'de expect.

@ drinniol

Damn, that makes it even harder to find when it only does it sometimes. I tested the hell outta it before the last release and couldn't reproduce the 2bil problem. Looks like i'll have to keep looking. The station that is being monitored via credit manager is destroyed on sale and recreated as a NPC owned station to break any remaining links to the original station. Sorry for the problems.

Any further info you come up with or patterns to the issue, pls let me know.

MarCon

drakend

Post by drakend » Sun, 2. Jan 11, 11:40

Hello,
I made some very basic testing with your plugin in Extended and it seems to work fine, at least for the bank account. I didn't test the station manager and/or loans, so I don't know if there is any problem with them. I'll make you know if I encounter any kind of weird behaviour... anyway there is a problem with the spk file: it isn't saved in the X Plugin Manager (I've already set the program for the modified mod).
Installing the zip version just worked fine tough.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Sun, 2. Jan 11, 11:58

@ drakend

Thanks for the heads up on the spk. I'll look into it and see what is going on.

Also, thanks for the feedback on compatibility, any odd behaviour, let me know please.

MarCon

drakend

Post by drakend » Sun, 2. Jan 11, 12:42

More info about the possible "spk bug": if I install before your pluging another one your spk is listed in the X Plugin Manager, but if I install your plugin as the first plugin it isn't listed at all (even if X Plugin Manager says 1 plugin is enabled). Anyway the plugin hasn't any effect on the game in both cases...

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Sun, 2. Jan 11, 13:15

@ drakend

Are you using the latest 'Beta' plugin manager? If you are not using the latest 'Beta' version you will get this issue. Please update to the latest version if you are using an older version. A link to the latest version is available from the OP.

MarCon

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”