[SCR/IDX] Lucikes Script Collection for X³: Terran Conflict [16th July 2011]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Tue, 9. Nov 10, 16:12

h2o.AvA wrote:Could you package these separately?
No, it's Lucike who's packaging. Anyway, you can download each script seperatly from it's topic (see the first post for links) ... if the English topic isn't up to date, you can still download it from the German one. The files are the same as they would be in the English topic.

In their topics you can also see the date of the script version too.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Fri, 24. Dec 10, 01:19

Lucikes Script Collection for X³: Terran Conflict

[ external image ]
[ external image ] [ external image ]

-> Lucikes Script Collection (Zip-Format)
-> Lucikes Script Collection (7-Zip-EXE-Format)

Required: X³: Terran Conflict Version 2.5 or newer (not compatible with X³: Reunion) !!

14th Nov. 2010
  • CODEA Weapon System (Version 3.2.04)
  • Commercial Agent (Version 3.3.07)
  • Missile Defense Mosquito (Version 3.1.03)
19th Nov. 2010
  • Economy and Supply Trader (Version 3.3.02)
  • Military Transport (Version 3.2.02)
  • Befehlsbibliothek "Libraries" (Version 3.5.03)
23rd Dec. 2010
  • CODEA Weapon System (Version 3.3.00)
  • Commodity Logistics Software MK1 and MK2 (Version 3.3.03)
  • Economy and Supply Trader (Version 3.3.03)
  • Jump Beacon (Version 3.1.03)
  • Military Transport (Version 3.2.03)
  • Missile Defense Mosquito (Version 3.1.04)
  • Befehlsbibliothek "Libraries" (Version 3.5.04)

Anita Bidet

Post by Anita Bidet » Fri, 24. Dec 10, 06:54

Been using these scripts since my first game. Thanks for all your hard work Lucike, Saetan and the rest of the crew - without your efforts I wouldn't be playing.

Uploading a comined latest version of all your scripts the day before my birthday is (sadly) the best present I will be getting this year.

Stay awesome.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Fri, 24. Dec 10, 11:45

Anita Bidet wrote:... the day before my birthday ...
Hello Anita

As the collection is dated at 23rd Dec. but the date when I posted the new version and you posted was 24th Dec. (all in CET) im not sure if your birthday is today or tomorrow.

Anyway, I wish you a happy birthday and hope your birthday won't be as sadly as it seems to me, you are thinking of.

Best regards
Saetan

Anita Bidet

Post by Anita Bidet » Fri, 24. Dec 10, 13:27

To satisfy your curiousity - its the 24th. :)

8 hours before the main man. (If thats your bag, baby)

EDIT: That makes it a real birthday gift I guess. Thanks Santa, er Saetan.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sun, 26. Dec 10, 23:44

[ external image ]

Required: X³: Terran Conflict Version 2.5 or newer (not compatible with X³: Reunion) !!

X-Tended: The modification X-Tended uses some command slots which where already used by Lucikes script collection. Aditionally X-Tendend modified an original script which Lucike already did modify too. So he made adjustments to keep compatibility between his collection and X-Tended: X-Tended Compliance Upgrade (English and German). To install this update, simply copy it into you X³:TC installation after you have installed X-Tended and Lucikes Script Collection.

26th Dec. 2010
  • CODEA Weapon System (Version 3.3.01)
  • Commercial Agent (Version 3.3.08)
  • Commodity Logistics Software MK1 and MK2 (Version 3.3.04)
  • Economy and Supply Trader (Version 3.3.04)
  • Lasertower: Extended Fight (Version 3.1.00)
  • Security and Rescue Service (Version 3.2.05)

HighXplosive

Post by HighXplosive » Mon, 27. Dec 10, 04:47

Hi Saetan.

Two questions.

1) Do you have any detailed information on what the recent updates have changed, particularly CAG, CLS and EST. Assuming its minor fixes?

2) Can you explain how MEFOS compares to MARs? What about compatibility? I'm finding MARs an extremely useful script but I don't like the turret management (whereby it switches weapons in and out to match situations) when using an M2.

Forked
x4

Post by Forked » Mon, 27. Dec 10, 10:17

Sweet. Thank you for the XTC update :)

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Mon, 27. Dec 10, 11:13

Hi HighXplosive
HighXplosive wrote:1) Do you have any detailed information on what the recent updates have changed, particularly CAG, CLS and EST. Assuming its minor fixes?
Most of them are bug fixes, also Lucike started to finalize his scripts, as he plans to retire from X³:TC. Also for them of you, who's data storage pool has to less slots: The amount of them can be changed in the language files now.
HighXplosive wrote:2) Can you explain how MEFOS compares to MARs? What about compatibility? I'm finding MARs an extremely useful script but I don't like the turret management (whereby it switches weapons in and out to match situations) when using an M2.
First: MEFOS and MARS are fully compatible and a lot of others already use them at the same time. Even on the same ship is no problem, as each turret can get it's own command.

MARS is meant to be more powerfull and has more features (I never used that, so I can't tell from my own experience) but it's also more cpu-hungry. MEFOS needs its personal but uses less cpu.
MARS decides by itself which weapons to use, MEFOS can (but is not in need of) be set to use specific weapons for specific targets.

HighXplosive

Post by HighXplosive » Tue, 28. Dec 10, 02:27

MARs is a powerful script that basically makes means your turrets don't just blast away without any consideration of effective accuracy or friendly targets in the area.

Does MEFOs do this as well effectively? The problem I had that encouraged me to get MARs was how bad the vanilla turrets are when it comes to conserving energy/ammo against targets out of EFFECTIVE range (rather than weapon range) and the way it blew chunks out of friendly stations to my detriment.

The thing that bugs me about MARs is that it switches weapons mounted on turrets dynamically in combat. Would MEFOs override this feature of MARs OR would it be a better alternative?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your saying that if I have MEFOs and MARs installed, I can command my turrets to use MARs OR MEFOS scripts? I'm assuming both scripts cannot work at the same time on the same turret since in MARs you give your turrets a command as well?

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Tue, 28. Dec 10, 20:12

HighXplosive wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but your saying that if I have MEFOs and MARs installed, I can command my turrets to use MARs OR MEFOS scripts? I'm assuming both scripts cannot work at the same time on the same turret since in MARs you give your turrets a command as well?
Correct. MEFOS and MARS have the same kind of task on turrets. Both of them control the turret and both of them change lasers. If both would handle the same turret, which command should the turret fullfil? ;-)

I can't compare efficiency of MARS and MEFOS. As I remember, it's said MARS is more effective than MEFOS. But it's eating a lot more performance.

MEFOS of course is still a lot efficienter than the original egosoft commands.

Just try both and decide by yourself. A lot of players mix them as they need it.

For example costumized MEFOS commands for turrets on capital ships for spefic anti-capital actions. MARS for non specific anti-capital turrets.

Or other typical usages I heard of, is MARS for player ships (or most likely beeing IS-ships) and MEFOS for (most likely beeing) OoS-ships to save cpu power

OoS MEFOS and MARS do the same ... they simply install the most powerfull available lasers.
IS MEFOS and MARS may differ in some details.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Tue, 28. Dec 10, 20:36

[ external image ]

X-Tended: The modification X-Tended uses some command slots which where already used by Lucikes script collection. Aditionally X-Tendend modified an original script which Lucike already did modify too. So he made adjustments to keep compatibility between his collection and X-Tended: X-Tended Compliance Upgrade (English and German). To install this update, simply copy it into you X³:TC installation after you have installed X-Tended and Lucikes Script Collection.

28th Dec. 2010
  • Blue Print Manager (Version 3.1.00)
  • Basic Salary (Version 3.1.00)
  • CODEA Weapon System (Version 3.3.02)
  • Travel Drive (Version 3.2.00)
  • Befehlsbibliothek "Libraries" (Version 3.5.05)

nap_rz
x3tc

Post by nap_rz » Thu, 30. Dec 10, 01:46

hmmm I downloaded the zip in the 1st post and they're in german, I can't understand which one is which :lol:

2 questions :
1. do they need the library?
2. can I just overwrite it over the egosoft bonus pack ones?

StarCrack
x3tc

Post by StarCrack » Thu, 30. Dec 10, 01:50

1. Yes
2. the ones on this page are newer versions

nap_rz
x3tc

Post by nap_rz » Thu, 30. Dec 10, 02:30

StarCrack wrote:1. Yes
2. the ones on this page are newer versions
but the CAG and others from ES do not use additional lib? why this one need it?

R.Bootneck
x4

Post by R.Bootneck » Thu, 30. Dec 10, 14:59

Thanks for keeping us updated Saetan ... and of course Lucikes for his great scripting add-ons ..
Saetan wrote: Also for them of you, who's data storage pool has to less slots: The amount of them can be changed in the language files now.
I'm glad you posted this, as the old quantity was sorely missed by this nefarious trader ;)

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Thu, 30. Dec 10, 18:05

nap_rz wrote:hmmm I downloaded the zip in the 1st post and they're in german, I can't understand which one is which :lol:
The filenames of the archives in the archive are namend in German, as they would be if you download them separatly ;-)

You may want to look for the German support topics, linked in the third post of this topic, to compare the English and German names for the scripts you are interested in ;-)

Khift

Post by Khift » Thu, 30. Dec 10, 18:09

Question: can Lucike's trader scripts (EST, CLS, CAG, Prospector) properly jump to and from sectors that are not connected to the gate network (such as Aldrin, the Kha'ak sectors, etc) or are they subject to the same limitations as the standard Egosoft 'Jump & Move' scripts where they cannot use those sectors due to being unable to find a path to it?

I realize a certain plot piece can fix this in a way, but pretend I don't have it and/or aren't willing to use it. Mostly I'm actually interested in the static E-Cell cost per jump to the entire universe -- 120 per jump guaranteed is a lot better than hiding an illegal goods complex off in Weaver's Tempest or the two Unknown Sectors in southern paranid space.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 30. Dec 10, 19:04

Saetan,

Lucike's XTC patch does not work somewhat:

In XTC< if you build a Missile Complex, the Missile Production command is in the Additional Command menu. However, when CAG is installed, it will occupy the same slot as the XTC's missile complex configuration command. THere is a workaround, however.

Mad_CatMk2
x4

Post by Mad_CatMk2 » Fri, 31. Dec 10, 03:45

VincentTH wrote:Saetan,

Lucike's XTC patch does not work somewhat:

In XTC< if you build a Missile Complex, the Missile Production command is in the Additional Command menu. However, when CAG is installed, it will occupy the same slot as the XTC's missile complex configuration command. THere is a workaround, however.
What's the workaround?
I fly an OWP. What about you?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”