[MOD] [WIP] ETNO Chronicles (New Mod news avaliable - 13/05/11)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Striker304
x3tc

[MOD] [WIP] ETNO Chronicles (New Mod news avaliable - 13/05/11)

Post by Striker304 » Sat, 18. Dec 10, 21:03

English | German | Italian

ETNO Chronicles
A modification for X³:Terran Conflict

The Terrans. A strong race, a proud race, a paranoid race. Like it was during the Terran Conflict, the terrans didn't maintain good relations with the other races. Quite the opposite was the case: Due to the fear of being attacked, the Terrans chose the offensive way and caused a massacre to the young nation of the ETNO. In the course of this war, the commonwealth races decided to break all relationships and to stop all trading activites with the Terrans.
But because the Terrans had lived autarchically for centuries before, that was no real problem for them, until their past catched up with them and huge fleets of Xenon ships were striking off to capture the sol-system...

This is the background story our modification 'ETNO Chronicles' is based on. 'ETNO' stands for Earliest Teladian Non-profit Organization. Founded by Isemados Sibasomos Nopileos IV the ETNO is now seen as an own race by the other commonwealth races.

The changes

We will mainly focus on changing the game mechanisms which almost haven't been changed since X-BTF.
What we also don't like is that most of the universe is just geared to the player: There will only be an invasion if the player accepts the corresponding mission, ships are produced without using resources and the player an his traders are almost unrivaled.
All in all, the universe seems like it is a player's marionette and the player doesn't feel like being part in a huge system in which he actually plays a minor role.

The most important changes we are going to make are listed below:

Economy
  • All station do have an account
  • All station refer to a company, which will make enterprising decisions dependent on its current economical situation
  • Shipyards will need resources in order to produce a ship
  • etc.
Politics
  • Four new races: ETNO, Split-rebels, Terraformer and Sohnen
  • Hostile races will be at war, friendly races will support each other
  • Sectors will be taken over and retaken
  • etc.
Ships
  • A lot of new ships and new M9 classed ships
  • No more use of Vanguard/Sentinel etc. Variations, but now there are Military/Police/Civil Variations with sharp distinctions
  • Many ships are used from X2, which will complement the existing models
  • Wide differences between ships of different races
  • etc.
Map
  • Completely reworked map with many new sectors
  • More divsified sectors with objects positioned on all 3 axes
  • New abandoned ships to find
  • etc.
The team Our team is quite small and we are still looking for new team members. Therefor it is not important that you are completely experienced in scripting or modding, but you should be committed and be willing to spend time on working on this project. Don't worry if you aren't a perfect scipter or modder, we will provide you with the information you need to create something for the mod.
As you might see, until now this mod has been only in german, and all team members are germans. But it's no problem if you don't speak any german, because all the team members also speak english as well as german, so we will be able to work multi-lingual. So don't worry about language problems.

So if you want to join our team, you can either direcly post here or you PM one of the team members (which is the better way), and we will inform you what you have to do then.

Closing words
We know that we have taken on a big task, but we think it's doable.
If you have comments or ideas concerning the mod, then feel free to post them here.

You can also visit our developement forums if you want, but there is not much more informationabout the mod, so you better post here in this topic. Anyway, here's the link: ETNO-mod developement forums

The ETNO team
Last edited by Striker304 on Fri, 13. May 11, 13:59, edited 15 times in total.

Striker304
x3tc

Downloads
As the mod is still in the works, there are no downloads avaliable yet.

Pictures

For your signature:

[ external image ]
To use this picture in your signature use following code:

Code: Select all

[url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=293425][img]http://www.bosl.info/Files/TP06.jpg[/img][/url]
[ external image ]
To use this picture in your signature use following code:

Code: Select all

[url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=293425][img]http://www.bosl.info/Files/ETNO_C_I.jpg[/img][/url]
First screenshots:

[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]

Other:

[ external image ]

Descriptions of the new races
Will follow soon
Last edited by Striker304 on Sun, 19. Dec 10, 14:27, edited 2 times in total.

Striker304
x3tc

News

The ETNO News: 2010-12-19

There's still much work to do on this mod, but we have already got some things done. What we are going to show now is the current status of the mod, so everything you see here might be (or will be) changed for the final version. We start with some of the ETNO ships.

The ETNO ships

[ external image ]
This picture shows the ETNO M6 'Kapella' (3rd Concept). For comparison: The second concept was this. The changes might not be severely, but they are clearly visible.

[ external image ][ external image ]
What you see here are some pictures showing the ETNO M4 'Capricorno'.

[ external image ]
Those pictures show the ETNO M3 'Serpent'. In the first three pictures it had some small missiles mounted on its wings, which have later been converted to Lasers (to see in the 4th picture).
One reason for this was, that those missiles could never been really launched, and another reason was, that the ship would have been inferior to the other M3.
In the last and also latest picture you see the ETNO M3 in game for the first time.
For comparison: You can see the previous concept of the ETNO M3 at the bottom of this picture.

[ external image ]
This picture shows the current version of the ETNO M2 'Naminos'. But there are still some things we are going to change for the final version (e.g. the Turrets). For comparison: This was the 3rd concept.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
The first picture shows the 9th concept of the ETNO M9, which has been improved in the second and third picture. As the ship size has been changed to the size of a M6, there can now dock 4 fighters in those 'bubbles' at the bow instead of 2. But after that there was some unused space at the bottom of the ship, which actually should contain another two docking slots for foghters. This space has been filled in picture four to six.
And again for comparison: Concept 8 looked like this and concept 6 looked like this.

[ external image ]
These pictures show the ETNO M1, called Naminos. In the background you see an early concept of the ETNO shipyard.
For comparison: The ship was looking like this before.

That's it for today. Soon we will show you the new ETNO M7, M7M and M8!

The ETNO team
Last edited by Striker304 on Sun, 19. Dec 10, 14:34, edited 2 times in total.

jocan2003
x4

Post by jocan2003 » Sat, 18. Dec 10, 21:54

THAT would be SOO awesome seing station running out of money going for sale and so on, that my friend would also put one of a mega strain on ressource....

Im eager to see how it goes, and i do hope the best to you! (I played space ranger 2 reboot and it was awesome we had to feeling to live in a living world where consequence could be mean I.E.: Stranded in the last free sector with dominator knocking at your doorstep with barely anything to hand on and hope to survive the onslaught and crank up your ship untill you can free more and so on)

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Sun, 19. Dec 10, 02:29

Well, I'm really glad you're "englishing" this mod :)

It's so great that we still a lot of new mods being made all the time!
Last edited by vukica on Sun, 19. Dec 10, 02:49, edited 1 time in total.
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Sun, 19. Dec 10, 02:48

Is this still using my X2 mod? Just checking out of curiosity, been a while since I kept an eye on it in the German forum, plus google translate hurts my head :cry:

Flippi
x3tc

Post by Flippi » Sun, 19. Dec 10, 10:59

Hi

It's so great that we still a lot of new mods being made all the time!
This Mod isn't soo new. It started in 2009.
Is this still using my X2 mod? Just checking out of curiosity, been a while since I kept an eye on it in the German forum, plus google translate hurts my head Crying or Very sad
Yes we use it. Our target is an first Alpha Version, but this will take a while.
Im eager to see how it goes, and i do hope the best to you!
Thanks. It will take a while to translate all our news in english, because there are many news to translate :o .

Sorry for my bad english.

Greetings Flippi
KI Schiffsnamen/AI Shipnames
ETNO Mod Techdemo/Ressources Release: English / Deutsch

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Sun, 19. Dec 10, 13:41

I didn't mean new new, I mean"wont be release so soon(like XTC)" new. And when it's released it will rejuvenate the game. That's why I called it new :)
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

Dinoff
x4

Post by Dinoff » Sun, 19. Dec 10, 14:33

intriguing. good luck to this mod.

Striker304
x3tc

Post by Striker304 » Sun, 19. Dec 10, 14:42

Our first news is avaliable! See the 3rd post.

mfg
Striker

Flippi
x3tc

Post by Flippi » Sun, 19. Dec 10, 15:01

I didn't mean new new, I mean"wont be release so soon(like XTC)" new. And when it's released it will rejuvenate the game. That's why I called it new Smile
Ah ok :D .
intriguing. good luck to this mod.
Thanks. :)

If you don't want to wait for the translation of our news, you can find
here the german versions. There are also many pictures of our Mod.

Greetings Flippi
KI Schiffsnamen/AI Shipnames
ETNO Mod Techdemo/Ressources Release: English / Deutsch

reiks
x4

Post by reiks » Sun, 19. Dec 10, 16:21

I am now giving this mod my support and will be looking forward to it.

By the way those ships they look like submarines or some form of underwater vessels like those found in the animated movie: Atlantis.

Reacecor
x3tc

Post by Reacecor » Sun, 19. Dec 10, 16:24

reiks wrote:I am now giving this mod my support and will be looking forward to it.

By the way those ships they look like submarines or some form of underwater vessels like those found in the animated movie: Atlantis.
Boron + Teladi = ETNO :wink:

greetings

reiks
x4

Post by reiks » Sun, 19. Dec 10, 16:49

Ah yes, that. :roll:

x3nooby

Post by x3nooby » Sun, 19. Dec 10, 16:59

Watching Waiting Praying HOPING.

:D

I hope you guys succeed!

Striker304
x3tc

Post by Striker304 » Sun, 19. Dec 10, 19:21

Yes there are some Boron elements in the ETNO ship design.
And you're right, especially the ETNO M4 looks like a little armed submarine ;)
Watching Waiting Praying HOPING.

I hope you guys succeed!
We hope that too ;)

mfg
Striker

Glumski
x3tc

Post by Glumski » Sun, 19. Dec 10, 19:32

Hmm, I think I remember that movie... they had submarines? My mind...

Thanks for the replies! It's really cool to see that a small idea causes such a big fan group!

Greets
Glumski

IanA23
x3tc

Post by IanA23 » Sun, 19. Dec 10, 20:05

Ship models look alright, but you should try adding some of the shininess shaders (or mat3 textures, i forgot really, as I don't do modeling at *all*) to get them up to par with the other models in X3. They look kind of 'dull' because they do not shine like the other ships. I'm sure Observe or one of the XTC team modelers can help steer you in the right direction. I don't believe you have to change the model, polygon wise at all, just apply a level of texture.

Dinoff
x4

Post by Dinoff » Mon, 20. Dec 10, 14:11

i ask only one thing. make a light version including only the economy part for those of us running other mods.

ScRaT_GER
x3tc

Post by ScRaT_GER » Mon, 20. Dec 10, 15:25

i ask only one thing. make a light version including only the economy part for those of us running other mods.
The impact of changing the ecnonmy as we did is quite big on the rest of the game (i.e. ships are not produced instantly, no "random" spawning by the jobs engine). So in my opinion it not that easy to isolate the "ecnonmy part". However the scripts run quite independently, so maybe it will be possible to use only part of the mod. But it should be clear, that this is not our primary goal.

Btw.: It's possible without problems to have multiple games installed, with different mods on every game.

@IanA23
Thanks for the input. The models are not completed yet and are still being refined. Additionally the game has some problems with race1 and race2 concerning some texture maps (it simply doesn't use them on these races), which could also a cause for the "dullness". But by now, we've changed that, by doing some race-switching.

Greetings,
ScRaT

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”