[AL Plugin] Universal Banking "The Financial Revolution Continues" v502 26-01-11

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Wed, 17. Nov 10, 03:43

Idea wrote:Hey, hey banks are here.

It's good to see you up and runing mark :D

I have been under the radar for some time.RL you know :wink:

I have one word for you 'downloading' :D
Hey, i know you .... been a while my friend.

Yep, i know what RL can do to you! Been working on another project that has been using most of my free time, but i finally got this released (took some time off other project to do it).

I have one word for you 'feedback' :D

I'll be uploading a new version in the next day or so with quite a few bugs ... um ... 'taken care of' so to speak. So if you find anything, give a yell as usual.
Taowulf wrote:I noticed that if you empty an account and do not close the account, interest on the average account balance continues to deposit.

I wish my credit union worked that way!
This may not be a bug, when you empty an account the next interest payment period should still pay you interest on the average amount you had in the account for that period, even if only for a couple of minutes. The next period should give no interest if the account was still open but with zero funds for the period. If it pays you interest on zero funds, then there is a problem. Then yes, i wish my bank account was like that too !!!
Samuel Creshal wrote:Ohh, sweet. Now that solves all my credit problems. :D
What, running low on finances for your next bout of distruction? :P

Update on progress;
  • Player account does work with station cr management. (done)
  • Can define station credit managemant accounts before selecting stations to add. (done)
  • Fixing accounts showing as 'null' in stn cr man acc select screen when they have been deleted or closed. (done)
  • Withdrawals count as deposits in the balance and account closures aren't listed at all, messing up the total balance. (done)
  • Transaction time(?) is currently a ReadText, should be 'Playing Time :'. (done)
  • Add an option to wipe only one type of transaction (deposit/withdraw/...), via updated 'Delete Options' menu. (done)
  • Corrected and 'Reduced' the number of message you recieve re accounts have to much money or not enough. (but it will still pester you to fix it :P ) (done)
  • And there was a few minor 'cosmetic' fixed or changes to menus.

EDIT:
  • Now will 'Auto Create' a bank account to deposit funds into if a station manager account will be 'over filled' by a deposit.

MarCon
Last edited by mark_a_condren on Wed, 17. Nov 10, 10:13, edited 1 time in total.

Samuel Creshal
x3tc

Post by Samuel Creshal » Wed, 17. Nov 10, 09:21

mark_a_condren wrote:
Samuel Creshal wrote:Ohh, sweet. Now that solves all my credit problems. :D
What, running low on finances for your next bout of distruction? :P
Conquering the universe is expensive. ;)

Looking forward to the new release. :)

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Sun, 21. Nov 10, 15:51

Update - Version 5 Released

Download links in OP updated .

Version Info :
V5 - 22-Nov-10
  • Player account does work with station cr management.
  • You can define station credit managemant accounts before selecting stations to add.
  • Fixing accounts showing as 'null' in stn cr man acc select screen when they have been deleted or closed.
  • Withdrawals show correctly in 'Report' menu.
  • ReadText in 'Report' menu, should have been 'Playing Time :'.
  • Added a 'Reporting' option to wipe only one type of transaction (deposit/withdraw/...), via updated 'Delete Options' menu.
  • Corrected and 'Reduced' the number of message you recieve re accounts have to much money or not enough. (but it will still pester you to fix it )
  • Now will 'Auto Create' a bank account to deposit funds into if a station manager account will be 'over filled' by a deposit.
  • Now will 'Auto Create' a bank account to deposit funds into if an account will be 'over filled' by an 'Interest Payment'.
  • When setting credit levels in 'Station Credit Manager', all stations of a 'Class' or 'Type' can be set at the same time to the same values.
  • And there was a few minor 'cosmetic' fixed or changes to menus.
As usual, bug reports and feedback welcome.

MarCon

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Sun, 21. Nov 10, 16:20

Great! Will test imediately :)
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Sun, 21. Nov 10, 16:30

vukica wrote:When you select close account you can't back out anymore. It asks to proceed or not, but it proceeds anyway or another no matter what you select.

I checked the code, and you have something like

proceed=get user input boolean/var etc..

that shoud go right behind close.account label... like this

close.account:

proceed=get user input
if proceed=true
closeAccountCode
end
return whatever

i can c/p if needed :)

p.s. I really like this script, been trying to find/ a station selling script for ages but always something messed with my evil plan.
did you by any chance forget about this? :)

here's a fix that i think works http://cylon33.googlecode.com/files/plu ... ateAcc.xml
Last edited by vukica on Sun, 21. Nov 10, 16:36, edited 1 time in total.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Sun, 21. Nov 10, 16:34

vukica

I thought i fixed that. :oops:

Just let me check and i'll see what i've done.

MarCon

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Sun, 21. Nov 10, 16:37

i posted a fix in my previos post, this is latest version.

here it is again http://cylon33.googlecode.com/files/plu ... ateAcc.xml

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Sun, 21. Nov 10, 17:29

Update - Version 501 Released

Download links in OP updated .

Version Info :
V501 - 22-Nov-10
  • Confirmation on 'Close Account' not showing fixed.

@ vukica

Thanks for the kick in the pants. I had to make some minor changes to how you had fixed the script to get the comfirmation to show correctly, rather than just use your file straight up.

Thanks for the link to the file btw.

MarCon

Taowulf
x3tc

Post by Taowulf » Tue, 23. Nov 10, 20:07

The overflow function works great!
***modified*** means more options

siath70
x4

Post by siath70 » Wed, 24. Nov 10, 20:13

Found a rather large bug depending on how you want to exploit it.

Code: Select all

if $ADD == [TRUE]
  if $Bank.acc.amt >= $add.amount
    $station -> add money: $add.amount
     if $acc == $txt.Player.Acc
       $Remove.amount = - $add.amount 
       add money to player: $Remove.amount
     else
       $Bank.acc.amt.new = $Bank.acc.amt - $add.amount
       $Acc.amt.array[$index] = $Bank.acc.amt.new

$Bank.acc.amt.new.str =  convert number $Bank.acc.amt.new to string
       $Bank.acc.amt.new.str = sprintf: fmt=$fmt.wild.cr, $Bank.acc.amt.new.str, null, null, null, null
       $Acc.display[0][3] = $Bank.acc.amt.new.str
     end
If you look at it you'll see you have:

Outside the argument and then inside the banking arg.

The one on the inside needs to go. Everything works fine as long as you use the players main account as the withdraw deposit. When you make a secondary account and link it and set a min on the station and it falls below the min you start getting double deposits. Not very noticeable if it's small amounts, but set it to something like 10 mil or 200 mil and suddenly you'll have 400 mil if you empty it and drop it back in the linked account you created.

Anyway I fixed it and here is the code I used.

if $ADD == [TRUE]
  if $Bank.acc.amt >= $add.amount
     if $acc == $txt.Player.Acc
       $Remove.amount = - $add.amount 
       add money to player: $Remove.amount
     else
       $Bank.acc.amt.new = $Bank.acc.amt - $add.amount
       $Acc.amt.array[$index] = $Bank.acc.amt.new

$Bank.acc.amt.new.str =  convert number $Bank.acc.amt.new to string
       $Bank.acc.amt.new.str = sprintf: fmt=$fmt.wild.cr, $Bank.acc.amt.new.str, null, null, null, null
       $Acc.display[0][3] = $Bank.acc.amt.new.str
     end
Just removed the one after the else statement.

Love the script and can see it going places. I would like to see the option for a couple different banks maybe with varying intrest rates. I would say Credit Cards and maybe a limited type AI that every so many months or so changes the intrest rates on loans. Or a limited AI that uses the bank too and the bank or banks build up cash. Then they can order a Equipment Station that is randomly place in the Universe.

There is so much you can do with this script.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Wed, 24. Nov 10, 20:29

@ siath70

Nice find :oops:

That wasn't so good to have like that.

Looks like another fix coming up very soon.

Thanks for the report and the fix for it.

Yes i think you are right, there is still quite a lot of 'expansion' room in the script yet. So ideas and suggestions as always are welcome. Not all may be implemented but they may lead to something that is.

----------

Apparently there is a bug when deleting all transactions of type 'Withdrawal' from the reports menu as well that i have just had reported. So i'll have a look at that as well and then release a fix.

MarCon

siath70
x4

Post by siath70 » Wed, 24. Nov 10, 21:06

Hey no problem, I was/am a coder here. Did the terracorps fleet a while back and a few other odds and ends. So, if I see something and can fix it I'll send the fixes to you.

Just a though though,
I haven't see anything like this around so.
How about when you get a loan on a ship/station banks make you get insurance through them to cover the cost incase something happens to it. Well the option to insure it so if it's lost they get paid (virtually for now) a part (75% or so) of the ship average value and the rest get's added to your loan.

Loans should also monitor a players bank account and require him to pay back a certain amount a cycle or a non payment fee gets added and the amount gets deducted from the players account anyway.

Yes I know it could suck, but there has to be a bad side and not just all free money. Again, I've just started messing with the script so I don't know how it fully functions yet...

I haven't looked into it but if you get a loan on a ship/station and it's destroyed does the bank hit you up with the cost? If not it should, I think i read they get repoed, so you already track the ship/station. Monthly payment for insurance on anything with a loan. Now do you really need that loan???

This little thing could lead to insurance companies, hint hint nudge nudge. Where players can pay to insure that ship they just can't do with out for a percentage of the average price and they get a pay out if it's destroyed of 85% or something of the average price.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Wed, 24. Nov 10, 22:20

siath70
Hey no problem, I was/am a coder here. Did the terracorps fleet a while back and a few other odds and ends. So, if I see something and can fix it I'll send the fixes to you.
No problems, thank you.

I'll answer some of your questions and give a little info along the way.
Loans should also monitor a players bank account and require him to pay back a certain amount a cycle or a non payment fee gets added and the amount gets deducted from the players account anyway.
Loans are for 1 in game hour, or 2 hours if you take that option when your credit rating get high enough. If you pay the loan back in under 3/4 of the time you get a credit rating penalty and no discount anyway. You still have to pay back the full amount with the interest. If you don't pay back the loan in the time given you get a credit rating hit. if you take longer than 1 hour over the limit your assets are repoed. Bank accounts first, then credits at stations, then wears at stations, then wears on ships, then ships, then stations. You can also get a ban from taking out loans for a 2 hour game period. Like you mentioned, you can buy back repoed ships and stations though. Stations and ships are valued at Min credits when repoed and valued at Average credit when you go to buy them back, so it cost more than you got for them to buy them back, call it a penalty.
Yes I know it could suck, but there has to be a bad side and not just all free money. Again, I've just started messing with the script so I don't know how it fully functions yet...
I think i covered this in the above.
I haven't looked into it but if you get a loan on a ship/station and it's destroyed does the bank hit you up with the cost? If not it should, I think i read they get repoed, so you already track the ship/station. Monthly payment for insurance on anything with a loan. Now do you really need that loan???
There is no other cost except paying back the loan (and the loss of your station/ship) atm. Insurance is something that can be looked into and be added at some time though.
This little thing could lead to insurance companies, hint hint nudge nudge. Where players can pay to insure that ship they just can't do with out for a percentage of the average price and they get a pay out if it's destroyed of 85% or something of the average price.
hint hint nudge nudge .... what ? ... i'm playing dumb, don't know what you mean :wink:

MarCon

siath70
x4

Post by siath70 » Thu, 25. Nov 10, 00:47

Didn't know if you'd be intrested but I got a little annoyed at not knowing which account was fo which station.

Added: This is for the updater file btw.

Code Removed as it wasn't needed.
That's the changes I made and should be compatable with how it was before. Am I right in thinking if the account hits the max it opens another one?

I don't have enough money to check yet so I didn't check to see if it changed the number but it should.

If you don't me posting little changes like this let me know. I'm just trying to help where I can.
Last edited by siath70 on Thu, 25. Nov 10, 08:26, edited 1 time in total.

CBCRonin
x3

Post by CBCRonin » Thu, 25. Nov 10, 04:56

There is a lot of potential in this work and you should definitely submit it for consideration of future bonus packs once the bugs are fully worked out.
----------
Have you considered competing banking structures in future versions, once this one is fully ironed out? In other words; can the banking script be associated with a specific faction?

In example:
-Terran banks that only deal with Terrans and lots of fees.
-Teladi banks that deal with everyone, but with minimal interest rates.
-Occasional messages from competing banks, that offer X% limited time offers for switching to them (with lots of strings attached depending on the bank)?
-Corporate banks with incredible interest rates, but serious loss risk if their HQs are lost?

siath70
x4

Post by siath70 » Thu, 25. Nov 10, 05:30

CBCRonin wrote:There is a lot of potential in this work and you should definitely submit it for consideration of future bonus packs once the bugs are fully worked out.
----------
Have you considered competing banking structures in future versions, once this one is fully ironed out? In other words; can the banking script be associated with a specific faction?

In example:
-Terran banks that only deal with Terrans and lots of fees.
-Teladi banks that deal with everyone, but with minimal interest rates.
-Occasional messages from competing banks, that offer X% limited time offers for switching to them (with lots of strings attached depending on the bank)?
-Corporate banks with incredible interest rates, but serious loss risk if their HQs are lost?
Heh Terran banks with lots of fees... Nice.

But, yeah would be nice to see.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Thu, 25. Nov 10, 07:19

siath70

No probs with you posting code snippets or code change ideas. There are bits and pieces of 'anti blatant cheat' code in my scripts, please refrain from posting those that will lead to easy workarounds. :D

Didn't know if you'd be intrested but I got a little annoyed at not knowing which account was fo which station.
I'm a bit ... um ... perplexed by this statement. You dont need to link a different account for each station, just one account will do it all. The report menu will show what account it went into, the station it came from and the amount. Same goes for transfers to stations if they get low on credits. Even Auto accounts follow this setup. Am i missing the point ?

Am I right in thinking if the account hits the max it opens another one?
Yep,that's the idea, if a deposit into an account is going to push it over the 1,500,000,000 limit it will auto create another account. If you have mutiple accounts linked to Station Cr Manager it will check to see if any of the accounts linked can take the credits before it auto opens another account. For normal accounts that will overflow it will auto open an account to put it into. It will check if there is a previous auto account it can put it into first before it opens another one though.

@ CBCRonin

I havn't given a lot of thought to bonus packs no. To be honest i'm not sure i will either.
Intersting idea. Just what you need in your game, banks pestering you with better rate offers than their competitors every couple of minutes. :roll:

I've also thought about 'Term Deposits' for 'X' minutes with a better interest rate than normal. So that could be another offer that could vary over factions.

Just imagine it, Teladi have High fees, low interest, and steal you money if they can, hehehe. Message to player -> "We regret to inform you that the 'Teladi Independant Traders Bank' has gone into liquidation, all funds have been frozen for an indeffinate period" OR " Universe authorities are chasing the managers of the 'Teladi Independant Traders Bank' who have dissappeared with all the banks assets after it failed to open for normal trading yesterday" :o

MarCon

siath70
x4

Post by siath70 » Thu, 25. Nov 10, 08:21

Maybe I was over thinking it, heh.

Tired and all that.

I thought it created an account per station if you didn't link an account to it. Sitting here thinking about it was wrong so nevermind on the code.

Sorry about that.

Been thinking about the two hour loan and such and maybe you should extend that out a bit. Say to a max of a week, say you want to barrow money to get some factories up and running at the first of the game. Might need it to be a week long loan so you can recover the money.

Make the intrest scale with the time line of the loan.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Thu, 25. Nov 10, 09:54

siath70

No probs, i know what it gets like when you get tired.

When you get your credit rating up a bit you will be offered an 'Unlimited Time' loan. With this loan you can pay it back at any time you like after the first hour. You are charge interest on the loan on an hourly basis, as long as you pay the interest on the loan each hour you can keep the loan going for as long as you like. It doesn't really take that much time or effort to get your credit rating up to a point that this type of loan will be offered. The better your credit rating the better your stations and ships are valued at too, so you get offered more for each station or ship. Same goes for credit loans.

Keep the suggestions coming though.

MarCon

CBCRonin
x3

Post by CBCRonin » Fri, 26. Nov 10, 23:59

mark_a_condren wrote:siath70
Intersting idea. Just what you need in your game, banks pestering you with better rate offers than their competitors every couple of minutes. :roll:
MarCon
I wasn't actually thinking the messages would occur every few minutes.... as that would likely irritate customers, rather than attract them :wink: .

Getting such messages when certain ranks in race relations or personal monetary goals (inex. earn first millon, ten million, etc.) were achieved was more along the lines of my thinking.
---------------
Though I do occasionally see the Teladi as a Ferangi like race, I don't see them as the type who would "directly" screw over customers very often.

Not only would that kill possible business opportunities and erode customer confidence, they deal regularly with pirates..... which is a group you do not want to screw over (for the sake of your life and property).

If any race would relentlessly pursue white collar financial criminals; I think it would probably be the Teladi.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”