[ALP] Enhanced Combat Commands 1.0 10/11/10

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

[ALP] Enhanced Combat Commands 1.0 10/11/10

Post by LV » Wed, 10. Nov 10, 20:55

ECC by LV

Filename auctions.0.99

Download
[ external image ]

Imperial Library Scripts

You must install the lib scripts

If you do download this plugin; pretty please with sugar on top RTFM (this first post)

After some discussion about player combat commands in a spout of boredom i made this

[ external image ]

A request for player options to set which classes of enemy they fought was made a a few days ago i finished the code for it

Then as usual I decided to add a little more ;)

==========================================

Detailed Description

The ECC is found in your main combat interface. It does not require any equipment upgrade but instead will charge you a one off setup fee that differers depending on the ship

Once installed you have the options above.

Patrol Sector

Single sector patrol script, you ship will patrol the specified range looking for only enemy classes that are set in the options menu.

Attack Target

Set the target including stations and your ship will fly and attack the target. If the target is a station and the ship is a larger class it will hold position instead of ramming it.

Patrol Multi Sec

The ship will patrol the waypoints you set. If you have the Jumpdrive option available it will jump if distance is more than 1 sectors away

If the ship has Jump enabled and is low on energy it will find a station to buy energy from.

All options come with attachment to an emergency jumpdrive which triggers from the stock vanilla sig attacked firing, they will then jump to a close sector if the shield/hull threshold is reached (as long as they are not killed first)

================
Enhanced Emergency Jump Monitoring

As the stock vanilla signal attacked is a mound of m**** for firing you can upgrade your ship to monitor your thresholds levels on a much shorter cycle. You have two options

Option 1 Use energy to fuel the cpu boost
Option 2 Hire one for x credits

(requirements are dependant on ship)

********* Note ***************

You will not see this option until you have set your threshold for shield and hull so you don't break my script ;)

================
Set Enemy Engagement Level

This will bring up another menu where you can set the max level of enemy ships your ship will engage.

example: you have an m7 patrolling a few half safe sectors and are happy for it to take on the odd m3 or small wing. A large group of enemy ships appear and the ship will not engage them

If you enter 25 as the limit this will then count the ships and also weight them

Code: Select all

Fighters 1 point
m2 6
m1 5
m7 4
m8 3
m6 2

================
Display Other Ships Info Screen

Use this option to view ships that are using the ECC already to view their settings. Opening them via the ships own combat menu will stop what they are doing!

================
Set Patrol Waypoints

Simple set the sector positions to patrol to

================
Set Attack Classes

[ external image ]

Toggle which classes your ship will engage

If your ship has a compliment of fighters you can use the Set All Landed Ships To Home Setting to install the shield/hull retreat to them. If they are damaged they will attempt to retreat.

Remember to make sure the carriers settings for H/S are set before using this command. In addition as this option is available to all landed ships the cost to install ECC to carriers is a little more ;)

The carrier will deploy it's fighters on finding an enemy.

[Feedback needed]
You may or may not like how i've written the escape code for fighters, i've tried to keep them alive within reason but the downside is you carrier may take some time to get it's ships back.

Ideas here are welcome
================
Support TS Display

TS ships with ECC enabled can be attached to any other ship, they will jump and buy energy to keep their primary stocked up and if your serious about using these command for big ships your are seriously insane not to use this feature.

If the ship has a TS it will list it.

================
Use Jumpdrive

If this is not switch on ships will not jump between sectors. You will not see this option if your ship does not have a JD.

=======================

Enjoy and feedback

-----------------

Tech

8802 t

Command Used

<t id="327">\033REnhanced Combat Commands\033X</t>

=========================

Install

Use the PM or manually install if you know what your doing.

Uninstall

Turn the plugin off so it can remove the signals from your playerships. Then remove the scripts on next game exit. Please also feel free to ignore this and uninstall the plugin before turning it off (for at least 5 mins) so it can probably break your game.

[ external image ]
Last edited by LV on Sat, 4. Dec 10, 01:47, edited 2 times in total.
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Wed, 10. Nov 10, 21:42

This looks great! I've wanted the ability to "turn off" certain ship types when giving fighters attack commands for ages.

Does this work well with wings?

Any chance of getting a point to point patrol option? Another script offered this but it didn't support wings...

EDIT - Ah I've re-read and seen that you've already got that in there too! So I guess the only question is, does this work with wings?

Gazz
x4

Re: [ALP] Enhanced Combat Commands 1.0 10/11/10

Post by Gazz » Wed, 10. Nov 10, 21:52

LV wrote:Set Enemy Engagement Level
Sure, the method works but I still wonder if the script could decide that based on values like laser or current shield energy.
Laser energy starts to have dimnishing returns for the bigger ship because they start getting more endurance instead of more DPS from it. Gotta have a look at SQR(laser energy) and see if it scales in some useful way.

Okay, I'll admit it. I just can't leave anything untinkered. =P
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 10. Nov 10, 22:22

no worries any prompts are useful, usually it's simply more mundane code

I deliberately left some functions loose as no matter what anybody ever writes (and i mean i could put out the Sistine chapel of plugins) the first, second and a plethora of other posters will always immediately ask for something else to be added around here

:P
LV's TC Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Thu, 11. Nov 10, 07:59

Thanks LV downloading now :D
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

Bléral
x2

Post by Bléral » Thu, 11. Nov 10, 09:34

I found a BUUUUUG ahem, I mean, I see a little typo. "Infinite", not "infinate", if I'm not mistaken (first pic in the OP, scan range setting)
L'hypertrophie de louveteau se palpe.
Tiens, mais ne serait-ce pas une fonction de Recherche ?

ympcylo
x2

Post by ympcylo » Thu, 11. Nov 10, 17:00

Can this also be used in a wing command?
cause i have wings patrolling.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 11. Nov 10, 18:48

Bléral wrote:"Infinite", not "infinate",
[ external image ]

:P

as far as wings, try and let me know
LV's TC Scripts

Bléral
x2

Post by Bléral » Thu, 11. Nov 10, 20:21

:D
L'hypertrophie de louveteau se palpe.
Tiens, mais ne serait-ce pas une fonction de Recherche ?

ympcylo
x2

Post by ympcylo » Sat, 13. Nov 10, 01:25

ympcylo wrote:Can this also be used in a wing command?
cause i have wings patrolling.
It doesn't work in wing command. But it works as individual in a wing.
:)

I don't know if it is possible to create this command in a wing-command.

Treelor
x4

Post by Treelor » Sat, 13. Nov 10, 06:41

Will fighters noticing an overwhelming force (as decided by their engagement level setting) automatically retreat from those hostiles if engaged by them, or will it fight to the death as so many autopilots are inclined to do?

@ympclyo: No, but if you can find the wing's formation leader, open his individual CC and give him the order through there. The rest of the wingmen should be able to follow him. Or take him out of the wing, give him that order, and give the rest of the wing "Attack target of..." on that ship.

ympcylo
x2

Post by ympcylo » Sat, 13. Nov 10, 12:34

Treelor wrote:Will fighters noticing an overwhelming force (as decided by their engagement level setting) automatically retreat from those hostiles if engaged by them, or will it fight to the death as so many autopilots are inclined to do?

@ympclyo: No, but if you can find the wing's formation leader, open his individual CC and give him the order through there. The rest of the wingmen should be able to follow him. Or take him out of the wing, give him that order, and give the rest of the wing "Attack target of..." on that ship.
Thanks haven't think of that.
i was kinda lazy, to busy for me this week.
Anyway thanks again for this notification :-)

Novia Star
x3

Post by Novia Star » Sat, 13. Nov 10, 22:13

Yay ive wanted somthing that makes your AI ships run away with a dammaged shield or hull %. IM so happy.
My Digital life is causing gliches !n My r3@L L!f3

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Sat, 13. Nov 10, 23:22

LV wrote:no matter what anybody .. writes (and i mean i could put out the Sistine chapel of plugins) the first, second and a plethora of other posters will always immediately ask for something else to be added
QFT!

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Thu, 23. Dec 10, 13:06

hey LV, another great one.

Is there any conflicts to use this along XTC?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 23. Dec 10, 19:23

No idea, don't have it installed
LV's TC Scripts

DevilishMoney
x3ap

Post by DevilishMoney » Sat, 5. Feb 11, 22:45

Hello LV

Will this work on individual ships protecting me so I can have one ship only attacking fighters, one attacking M6/M8 and another only attacking capitals.

Also can I use this without using the inbuilt patrol commands.

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Fri, 16. Mar 12, 17:09

REQUEST: Standalone "E-jump"

I tried this script and it seems fix the broken Emergency Jump feature fairly nice. Problem is, my fleet would run me dry with that 80cr / min VERY fast while mostly spending money "in vain" when just loitering around.

So, a request: Standalone E-jump mod.
Setup where to jump, player or a NPC station when at XX% shield.

Im sure hull-dmg% is not even needed. To avoid mods from confilcting a "standalone" mod would fit existing ones better then the full package.

If possible, allow NPC-station as jump-points as mentioned. Would be nice to jump my m2 into nearby military-base for refuel insted of PHQ much further away.

Having this, without having to pay for it ingame would make capital-ship battles actually fun and not tedious micro-management it is now. Someone running a large fighter-fleet would have money to actually upkeep the fleet too ^^
Maybe paying for its activation like the current mod would be more convinient.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 16. Mar 12, 19:28

swatti wrote:REQUEST: Standalone "E-jump"
I'll think about it
LV's TC Scripts

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Sat, 17. Mar 12, 13:08

LV wrote:
swatti wrote:REQUEST: Standalone "E-jump"
I'll think about it
Please, please, please do, i want a proper capital-ship battles to be enjoyable again. Should be fairly easy to make since there is an existing base for it.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”