(MOD) TSOG Missions, V1.0 Released 3/01/2011

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

TEKing66
xr

(MOD) TSOG Missions, V1.0 Released 3/01/2011

Post by TEKing66 » Fri, 20. Aug 10, 18:43

TSOG Missions

TSOG Missions is a mini-plot currently released at version 1.0. This mod adds a set of missions based around a Terran group called, you guessed it, TSOG. The Terran Special Operations Group (a.k.a. TSOG) is a black ops group that do jobs that the ATF considers "Politically Dangerous". Which of course also gives the ATF anonymity and plausible denial-ability. This, of course, does mean fighting. So if it's a traders life for you, then this may not be a mod for you.

Since this is a black ops style of game play, all ships given will most likely be of commonwealth design. The idea being that these ships were captured, hijacked or stolen in some way and allow the player to move around as inconspicuously as possible.

Goals of this MOD

The goal of this mod is simply to add some missions and give everyone some new things to do. Plus you might even gain a small but formidable fleet in the process.

Features and Additions

This mod at first release adds ten new missions to be done. More may be added as time goes by, provided there is enough interest.

Two new bases, the TSOG HQ and the TSOG Base. (This will not require a new TDocks text file and should allow this mod to compatible with other mods if used as a fake patch.)

A new Unknown Sector, the home of the TSOG Base, will be added.
As the missions progress, gates will be added to connect this sector with the sector that houses the TSOG HQ in one of the Unknown sectors in Terran Space. This also gives a back door between Terran space and Commonwealth Space, buffered by a Xenon Sector. (The idea behind adding a sector, verses using an existing one, is to give a buffer sector between the Xenon sector and the sector that houses the TSOG Base.) The gates connecting these two sectors will be the "Terran Gate" like the one introduced in the Aldrin Missions connecting Neptune to Terran Unknown Sector 2.

Player rewards consist of credits (of course), armaments (lasers and missiles), ships (several and in all sizes) and ultimately two NEW player owned sectors. The two sectors will be connected and will be new sectors added to the map. These connect into the player sector gained from the "A New Home Plot". These may also use the Terran Gates.

Prerequisites For the Missions

Currently the missions will be setup to start a short time after the player completes all the stock plot missions in X3TC 2.7.1, Corporation missions do not have to be completed. Having completed the "A New Home" plot is essential.

Once a mission is completed, you can branch off and come back later.

Missions Currently In Place

0. Base, HQ and their defenders and the other setup stuff. (Complete)

1. Retrieve a package and return it it the base. (Complete)

2. Kill a double agent. (Complete)

3. Destroy a Base. (Complete)

4. Destroy an invading attack fleet. (Complete)

5. Capture a ship. (Complete)

6. Take out an enemy agent. (Complete)

7. Destroy an enemy convoy. (Complete)

8. Defend the HQ from an attack. (Complete)

9. Intercept an enemy force. (Complete)

10. Liberate a sector. (Complete)

This list is complete, but still don't count on the order of listing to be the in game flow, though it might be.

Also, I'd like to add there are a few "easter eggs" included. Some can be found while going through the missions, some only after the missions have been completed.

Downloads

SPK Version Installs as a "Fake Patch", will end up being the highest numbered .cat & .dat files in your "X3 Terran Conflict folder.

As all ways questions and comments are welcome.

Special Notes

I had a discussion with Ketraar pertaining to the RSM MD script and compatibility with this MD Script. They should be compatible as long as RSM is started after TSOG places it sectors and gates. Which at this time means the TSOG basically needs to be completed before running RSM.

Also, the two new sectors given to the player at the end will be placed so as to not interfere with the "Revelations Mod".

Credits

For their guidance, help, and patient tolerance to my questions and brain farts, I would like to give a big Thank You to;

Stu Austin (couldn't have pulled in off without you), Observe, Killerog and Cycrow. Oh, and lets not forget Sunblade, his 00749.bod file has made life so much easier.
Last edited by TEKing66 on Fri, 7. Dec 12, 16:49, edited 22 times in total.
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

Been with the X-series from the beginning. If it happens in the X_Universe I've been there done that several times over.

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Fri, 20. Aug 10, 18:43

reserved
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

Been with the X-series from the beginning. If it happens in the X_Universe I've been there done that several times over.

The-Last-Communist

Post by The-Last-Communist » Sat, 21. Aug 10, 11:51

i was hopping somewon would do somthing as a new plot , good look !
Splits , for the better things in life...

Fallen Wanderer
x4

Post by Fallen Wanderer » Wed, 15. Sep 10, 00:43

This looks interesting!

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Thu, 11. Nov 10, 16:00

I'm toying with an idea and would like to get some responses from the community.

Here 's my thought. Pick a pirate sector and have a mission where your job is to basically take control of the sector for another race.

Say, Hatikvah's Faith, you run the pirates out for good and the Argon assume control of the sector.

So, what's everyone's thoughts on this?

Looking forward to the responses :D
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

Spectre84
x3tc

Post by Spectre84 » Sun, 14. Nov 10, 10:53

Hi, this looks really promising but is there any chance of moving the HQ to an existing sector as I am currently using revelations which also adds sectors so I believe they wll be incompatable.

I have also been looking at RSM which also adds new sectors over time, I found this one after I had installed revellations though so this also incompatible.

Its just a thought as your mod is aimed at the late game to give you something to do after the plots it would be a good idea to make it compatible with mods that alter the universe

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Mon, 15. Nov 10, 01:42

Yes, that could be done. But, as a finale reward I was planning to give the player a couple of new sectors. So, that would have to be scrapped.

The actual TSOG HQ will reside in a sector the is currently in the game.
There is going to be a secret base that will at this moment reside in a new sector. I have tried to contact those making mods that change the universe to work with them and make this compatible. But, it seems that I am the only one concerned with making things compatible. This is one reason the mod has taken so long to finish. It's not like I'm asking for the entire universe, just three sectors.

So, if more people respond the same way, then yes, I will omit the new sectors. Personally I feel that would take away from the mod, but, I'll do my best to give everyone what they want.

Edit: Please note that I have taken steps to make this compatible with the "revelations" Mod. And, if this mod is installed before RSM, then those two should be comaptible. Ketraar and I discussed this and he confirms that info.
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

Spectre84
x3tc

Post by Spectre84 » Mon, 15. Nov 10, 18:10

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.

Is the compatibity issue just the map bod meaning the new sectors just wouldn't show up or is there more to it than that?
This wouldn't be that much of an inconvenience as long as you knew the location of the three sectors as you could still use the gates to get to them

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Mon, 15. Nov 10, 21:34

No, according Ketraar, if the sectors and gates in my mod are inplace when his starts then his mod ignores those as being sectors his mod can add.

So, his mod will only add sectors that are not used in the game. Which means that my mod missions would have to be completed before his is installed. It's more of an issue with which mod lays claim to the sectors first.
Last edited by TEKing66 on Tue, 7. Dec 10, 15:11, edited 1 time in total.
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Fri, 3. Dec 10, 17:05

Just posting an update so everyone knows this is still alive.

Currently working out a few bugs, fine tuning mostly. The initial offer to accept these missions can now be refused. Then when you are ready, go to a designated sector, meet the recruiter and accept his offer.

Once this is done, then the missions start. :D with lots of stuff to destroy :D

Still trying to make my mind up on the last mission, open to suggestions.
I hate writers block. :(
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Sun, 12. Dec 10, 04:35

Big Update time.

The mod is nearing completion, just have a small bug or two, taking care of a few timing issues and a complete run through and a double check. I am not giving a set date, but I will say before Christmas. :D

In the OP I mention some "easter eggs"........Hints anyone? :twisted:
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

Ikaruga
x4

Post by Ikaruga » Sun, 12. Dec 10, 15:04

Some special NPCs having the same names as some members of the forum ? 8)

Already done in LV's Deathmatch script but never gets old...

By the way, those missions seem really interesting, I'll try them for sure !
If brute force doesn't solve your problems, then you aren't using enough

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Sun, 12. Dec 10, 15:18

Actually, these "easter eggs" are a little more material. Things to grab, collect and use. Hidden here and there, you will need to search for them.
And Video Enhancement Goggles could be handy.

In the future maybe a riddle or two,
To point the way and see you through,
And help expose a couple of treasures,
For you to collect and use for pleasure.
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Sun, 12. Dec 10, 18:05

Now if only you can develop a system where the various races ask for bids to buy mass quanities of material..
(be the lowest bidder)

Like government contracts..

Deliver several thousand 1 GJ shields or PPC...etc..

(BTW is there a DL link - I can't see one)
You think a hero is some weird sandwitch and not a guy attacking a Xeno J with a kestrel.

Sir.. I said .. A guy attacking a J with a kestrel is the sandwitch.

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Sun, 12. Dec 10, 21:01

No Download Link just yet. Once it's debugged and I'm satisfied with the timing of a few more items. Within the next couple of weeks it should be ready for download. :D

Edit: A set of trade missions are being considered, and possibly race related missions. :)
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Wed, 22. Dec 10, 05:11

Update on the progress of this mod.

First I would like to say that the missions are all complete and the mod is nearly ready for release. I'm need to make a final test run myself and maybe do a bit of beta testing by a few other persons on it. As I am sure there will probably be a bug or two, OK maybe three. :roll:

Prerequisites for starting the missions are that all plot missions included in X3TC 2.7.1 need to be completed. The sector given in the "A New Home" plot is a major requirement, you must have it. The "Balance of Power" need not be completed, but I would not recommend starting the TSOG Missions if you are in the middle of it.

As far as the "Easter Eggs" I have mentioned, once the mod is released I will post a few hints to help you find them. :D
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Mon, 3. Jan 11, 20:55

Finally, the mod is at version 1.0 and released.

Please note that this is my first real serious MD code, and yes there is room for improvement . One thing is making the code a little more friendly when it comes to pilots bailing. If you use the Bailing Addon script some issues may araise. Some missions require you to kill a few ships, if the Bailing Adon script causes them to bail the missions will not continue unless you destroy the ship. For now, and until I work this issue out, just destroy the ships instead of capturing them.

Also a note, I have played the missions completely through on my main game. This install has nearly 50 add on scripts, and now 7 mods (running as false patches. The only issue I had is the one described above, I changed the Bailing Addon to have very low bail rates and that all but disappeared.

Hope everyone enjoys :)
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Tue, 4. Jan 11, 03:01

Using the lastest Cycrow spk installer and the spk is not working.

Since it is a cat/dat file, it may have to be fake patched by the player.
(which isn't hard) so dl the zip file instead.
You think a hero is some weird sandwitch and not a guy attacking a Xeno J with a kestrel.

Sir.. I said .. A guy attacking a J with a kestrel is the sandwitch.

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Tue, 4. Jan 11, 05:53

I'll check the spk version out, quite possible I did something wrong.

EDIT:
SPK version installed fine for me. The SPK package was created with Cycrow 1.3 release candidate, so that may be the issue.
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

TEKing66
xr

Post by TEKing66 » Thu, 6. Jan 11, 05:12

As for the "easter eggs";

Hint 1:
In a new sector with a new base,
New missions begin at this place,
North of there about 50 clicks,
Sits a prize waiting for you to pick.

Also in this place are credits in a crate or two,
Out beside an asteroid have they been threw,
To seek them out look to the South for one,
It is to the Northeast the other can be won.

EDIT: (clue to the final three)
In the sector where it all ends,
Three prizes sit for you to tend,
Off in the distance they hover,
Two sit high above the other,
From the base that you destroyed,
Look to the ringed one for your toys.
My mods for X3TC & X3AP

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”