[AL Plugin] Universal Banking "The Financial Revolution Continues" v502 26-01-11

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sesk
x4

Post by Sesk » Mon, 8. Nov 10, 18:28

I noticed a bug, if you open a new account, deposit 500k in it, then close the account, then go to your summary, it will say you have a 500k balance, even tho you got the money back when closing the account.

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Wed, 10. Nov 10, 15:02

When you select close account you can't back out anymore. It asks to proceed or not, but it proceeds anyway or another no matter what you select.

I checked the code, and you have something like

proceed=get user input boolean/var etc..

that shoud go right behind close.account label... like this

close.account:

proceed=get user input
if proceed=true
closeAccountCode
end
return whatever

i can c/p if needed :)

p.s. I really like this script, been trying to find/ a station selling script for ages but always something messed with my evil plan.
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Wed, 10. Nov 10, 18:08

vukica

Oh s**t ! Ooops.

Yep found where your talking about. Stupid mistake on my behalf. I'll get it fixed in the next couple of days. As it's not a critical error i'll see if there is anything else needs doing at the same time.

The station selling was the part that caused the holdup of the script release. Hope you like it.

Thanks for the bug report.

Sesk

I think your prob is related to the above also, but i'll check to make sure.

Same to you, thanks for the bug report.

MarCon

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Wed, 10. Nov 10, 19:18

Yeah man, I really like it. More than like, I need that little script! I have too many stations I don't need and not enough time to destroy them. Now I can get some money back!

Keep it going!
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

Taowulf
x3tc

Post by Taowulf » Wed, 10. Nov 10, 20:42

I have been loving this so far, earning interest on my creditssssss and selling off stations I no longer want to deal with except one little thing.

My balance went from over 2 billion to negative 2 billion. No reason at all. No loans, it just flip flopped between entries. Now when it computes interest one time it will deduct from the negative balance (with a positive interest adjustment) and the next time it will add to it. Please help before my billions are sucked away.....

Here is the screenshot.

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j47 ... ssssss.jpg
***modified*** means more options

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Thu, 11. Nov 10, 01:01

@ Taowulf

First, create another account and put half from the first account into it. it's the game engine unable to handle numbers over 2 billion. You will get the same amount of interest just spread over 2 accounts. better to have a number of accounts with a smaller amount in each rather than 1 large account. If it keeps behaving badly you may need to delete the account and use a cheat script to get you back the credits that are effected.

Notice to everyone, keep your accounts below 1,500,000,000 for this very reason.

MarCon

Taowulf
x3tc

Post by Taowulf » Thu, 11. Nov 10, 06:15

My mistake, iwas thinking this was an end around to get past that. That is what get for trying to think after building a complex.

Since it won't let me get the credits out of the account, in fact won't let me deposit to it either I guess I will have to recreate my filty lucre the old fashioned way.

But since getting the government to bail me out is not an option I will get it back via cheat.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Thu, 11. Nov 10, 06:58

@ Taowulf

Sorry if my post this morning was a bit abrupt. It was made pre first coffee and breakfast. not a good time for me to be posting replies to problems :oops: .

I'll take a look at the script this evening with the idea of the script creating auto accounts and depositing credits into them if it is going to overflow the account. Also a notification to the player re full accounts might be a good idea also.

Sorry if this situation has caused you any dramas.

MarCon

Taowulf
x3tc

Post by Taowulf » Thu, 11. Nov 10, 11:59

Not a problem at all, I just hadn't done my research correct. Building a complex and a hundred jumps to locate an Aran took me off of the golden path.

Having a mechanism to autotransfer or autorollover into a new account would be good for when we become otherwise occupied. I just shut down TC so I can't go back to look but even an option to have non interest bearing accounts would be good. This one just got away from me while I was otherwise occupied.

Love the plugin though, especially the abilty to sell my "accidental" stations.

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Thu, 11. Nov 10, 13:56

Got to put this script into serious use and trounce it to pieces and look for holes again, :xenon:

Also got a ton of ideas how to expand this script. Again inspired by how our 'legal and ah so uncorrupted' banks do business themselves in the real world.
X3:TC Heavy M6 guide : : : Let's pretend you are an addict, lets pretend that you are a X-games player... but i am repeating myself here.

Samuel Creshal
x3tc

Post by Samuel Creshal » Thu, 11. Nov 10, 17:01

Is this script known to be incompatible with Sector Takeover? Else I've found a weird bug. The script is essentially doing nothing, I can't open accounts and station management isn't doing anything (and I get one "Play account is low on credits"-message followed by three "Player account is overflowing"-messages every few minutes).
Using the zip version (401), no other scripts except STO and bonus package installed.

Edit: Debug code removed to improve thread readability.
Last edited by Samuel Creshal on Wed, 17. Nov 10, 01:10, edited 1 time in total.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Fri, 12. Nov 10, 02:22

Samuel Creshal

It's not incompatable with STO as far as i know, and it shouldn't be.

What the debug is telling me (thanks for that btw) is the script that handles all the initial array setups for all the account types has failed misserably. No arrays have been created or they can't be found thus nothing can work. AFAIK no one else has had this prob so it may be a bad DL or faulty install. Can i get you to start by re DLing the script and reinstalling it from that DL if you havn't tried that as yet. (prob the first thing you tried though)

It is a bit strange though, the AL script is running every 1 minute as it's supposed to, however, if the array sizes are 'zero' it should auto shutdown (no point it running if it's doing nothing) but it's still running. :? Very strange !!!

Did the AL plugin auto start, or did you start it from the Game play / AL menu?

The AL plugin shouldn't start until an account has been created, if no arrays, 'Account Name Array Not Found, Going to Exit : ' there are no accounts so the AL plugin should not have even started.

The more i look at the debug and run through how things are supposed to work the stranger this gets.

[Joke]
You broke it! and don't come the "Wasn't me, i didn't do it" line :wink:
[/Joke]

I'll look into it further and see what i can come up with.

MarCon

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Fri, 12. Nov 10, 10:05

Seems to be working fine for me; I've used STO for quite a while, have many sectors that belong to me, and this banking script seems to be doing what it is supposed to be doing.

Installed using Cycrow's latest beta plug in manager, and spk file. Maybe an issue with the zip file contents?

Samuel Creshal
x3tc

Post by Samuel Creshal » Fri, 12. Nov 10, 10:46

mark_a_condren wrote:It is a bit strange though, the AL script is running every 1 minute as it's supposed to, however, if the array sizes are 'zero' it should auto shutdown (no point it running if it's doing nothing) but it's still running. :?
It gives a shutdown message via subtitle every minute, but restarts anyway.

Reinstalled, btw, even checked the file checksum, no change.

Edit 2: Alright, figured it out. You can't link the player account into the station manager, plugin.mc.bank.stn.cr.updater.xml won't find it in the account array.

Edit 3: If you delete a linked account via the main menu, it shows up as undeleteable "null" account in the linked account list, spawning error messages again.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Fri, 12. Nov 10, 11:35

Thanks Samuel Creshal
Edit 2: Alright, figured it out. You can't link the player account into the station manager, plugin.mc.bank.stn.cr.updater.xml won't find it in the account array.

Edit 3: If you delete a linked account via the main menu, it shows up as undeleteable "null" account in the linked account list, spawning error messages again.
Will fix this to prevent from happening again.

Going to work on script tonight (as in now), will post new version when i get these and some other niggles sorted out.

Thanks for the bug reports, time to go make it compatable with 'linux' users, not the OS, just the 'users'. :D

MarCon

Samuel Creshal
x3tc

Post by Samuel Creshal » Fri, 12. Nov 10, 19:46

It has nothing to do with Linux, I just love breaking stuff. :D

Some random improvement notes:
1. Withdrawals count as deposits in the balance and account closures aren't listed at all, messing up the total balance.
2. Add an option to wipe only one type of transaction (deposit/withdraw/...).
3. Transaction time(?) is currently a ReadText

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Sat, 13. Nov 10, 04:06

1. Withdrawals count as deposits in the balance and account closures aren't listed at all, messing up the total balance.
Yep, noticed that, working on fixing it.
2. Add an option to wipe only one type of transaction (deposit/withdraw/...).
Will look into how i can do this with the current code structure.
3. Transaction time(?) is currently a ReadText
Yep spotted it and fixed it last night :oops: .

Thanks for the feedback.

Also working on,
Player account does work with station cr management.
Can define station credit managemant accounts before selecting stations to add. (done)
Fixing accounts showing as 'null' in stn cr man acc select screen when they have been deleted or closed. (done)

MarCon

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Tue, 16. Nov 10, 17:19

Hey, hey banks are here.

It's good to see you up and runing mark :D

I have been under the radar for some time.RL you know :wink:

I have one word for you 'downloading' :D

Taowulf
x3tc

Post by Taowulf » Tue, 16. Nov 10, 23:57

I noticed that if you empty an account and do not close the account, interest on the average account balance continues to deposit.

I wish my credit union worked that way!

Samuel Creshal
x3tc

Post by Samuel Creshal » Wed, 17. Nov 10, 00:32

Taowulf wrote:I noticed that if you empty an account and do not close the account, interest on the average account balance continues to deposit.
Ohh, sweet. Now that solves all my credit problems. :D

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”