[MOD - UI AP/TC] Gold HUD v1 2016 - 11/05/16

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

TrixX
x3tc

[MOD - UI AP/TC] Gold HUD v1 2016 - 11/05/16

Post by TrixX » Sun, 10. Oct 10, 18:14

[MOD - UI AP/TC] Gold HUD v1 2016
by TrixX

Features:
  • Support for Colour Blind Users (well as much as possible)
  • Completely new bespoke Gravidar
  • Gold/Red/Grey Colour Scheme
  • New Ship/Factory Icons
  • New Brackets
  • Optional No Brackets versions
  • New Crosshairs and Lead Reticles
  • New custom Main Sidebar Icons
  • Full icon replacement (minus guns/missiles, need to re-port them from LU)
  • No sidebar

Gold HUD 2016 v1

Gold HUD 2016 v1 No Bracket Version

Litcube's Universe Gold HUD 2016 v1

Litcube's Universe Gold HUD 2016 v1 No Bracket Version

To Do List (Still to do!!!)
  • Update Main Menu to match new UI
  • Update Loading Screen Overlays
  • Stock coloured version
  • Make a Cat/Dat version

Version Info
  • 2016 v1
  • Reworked nearly everything...
  • New Gravidar based off solarhawk's version of bolgimo's jc hud
  • Updated Icons and Buttons for the Sidebar
  • Ported LU's icons to AP
  • New more minimalist style to reduce on screen clutter. Should make things easier to read.
  • v2.0
  • Reworked nearly everything...
  • Totally New Gravidar
  • New Icons and Buttons for the Sidebar
  • New Ship Icons to make it easier to differentiate them
  • Plus tons more than I can remember from editing almost 2000 layers in Photoshop :D
  • v1.3
  • Fixed Mission Bracket colours (thanks to clevider for pointing that out)
  • Gave all Brackets an overhaul for both Bracketed and No Bracket versions :)
  • v1.2
  • Released :D
  • Fixed a bracket issue with Hostile stations and No Brackets version
  • Added Languages to Start Menu change
  • Added Loading Overlays for English, L034 and L048
  • Fixed Gravidar alpha issue
  • v1.1
  • Misc fixes to colours and 1 or 2 missing icons - Beta Test - Not Public release
  • v1.0
  • Beta Test - Not Public release

Screenshots:

(Click for full size image)

Installation:
  • Download the 7zip archive (7zip Download).
  • Extract the package to your X3 TC/AP install directory.
Installation Notes:

Compatible with all mods except other HUD mods.

Technical info

A list of the files contained in this mod.
  • dds\gui_bars.dds
  • dds\gui_master.dds
  • dds\interface_framework_XT_diff.dds
  • dds\interface_template_blackpearl_diff.dds

Archive:

X-Universe HUD v2.0

X-Universe HUD v2.0 No Bracket Version

Credits:
Thanks to:
  • the makers of CMOD 3 for the inspiration of their Military HUD
  • Chestburster2 for a quick beta test and allowing my edit of his Red HUD
  • Jack08 for his help bugfixing
  • Requiemfang for beta testing this too
  • m00nch1ld, Brinnie and the others who found out this mod was useful for those with colourblindness
Last edited by N8M4R3 on Fri, 27. Oct 23, 21:17, edited 28 times in total.
Reason: https added to DL Buttons and Links
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

dragonblue14
x4

Post by dragonblue14 » Sun, 10. Oct 10, 18:18

The "New custom weapon effects" would this be compatible with SRM, Cmod4?

Misinformed
x3tc

Post by Misinformed » Sun, 10. Oct 10, 18:27

Is that a new default 3rd person camera position, and is it included? Dogfighting from 3rd person looking nice and pratical there, i assume thats the idea anyway. And as mentioned already are those new weapon effects compatible with cmod3-4 (theres a 4? ah it was locked thats why i didnt know about it ) etc and if not itd be great to see a UI only release.

Looking impressive so far.

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Sun, 10. Oct 10, 18:36

Installation Notes:

Compatible with all mods. Make sure that this is the Highest number in your Fake Patch installs to get all the included changes.

If you want to revert to CMOD 3/4 weapon effects this mod needs to be installed as a LOWER number than the CMOD fake patch.
As for the 3rd Person thing it's a bit of a hack at the moment. If you use it, you are unable to have First Person view. Though it is cool being out the back and seeing the weapons fire and it all being accurate to the HUD too :D
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

The-Last-Communist

Post by The-Last-Communist » Sun, 10. Oct 10, 18:53

realy nice ! im really enjoying this
Splits , for the better things in life...

Chestburster2
x3tc

Post by Chestburster2 » Sun, 10. Oct 10, 20:11

Finaly, you released it :)

Very nice mod TrixX.

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Sun, 10. Oct 10, 20:43

Thanks mate, forgot to add an acknowledgements bit, will do that 2mo :D

Took a bit longer to release as I split it up into 2 lots of 4 packages to get in the different ratios for the loading overlays. That way at least they'll look good on peoples systems now. Also seeing as there is barely any blurring on downsizing all are in Hi-Res for the loading overlays :)
Sir Ken Robinson

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Mon, 11. Oct 10, 04:55

Probably should mention it doesn't have the 3rd person mod included ;)

I was just testing the idea on the Sabre as I checked the final mod :D
Sir Ken Robinson

set23

Post by set23 » Mon, 11. Oct 10, 16:21

it would be great to see if you succeed to make 3D view. cheers! :D

mrscribbler
x3tc

Post by mrscribbler » Wed, 13. Oct 10, 18:14

I take it you're just moving the camera to a position passed the back of the ship. While this might be cool for fighters, it would be a total godsend for capitals if you left even more distance (relatively) from the rear of the ship to the camera. One problem when I go into a furball in my Cerberus and all my fighters launched is that I keep on seeing my pup swallow one of my parasites because I was following an M6 with my main battery and got right in that fighter's way. So the only way to avoid painful death for my little fellas is to go into third person view, but that makes it impossible to follow ships with my main batts.

And with the autopillok as it is full of FAIL, it gets even worse :P

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Wed, 13. Oct 10, 18:49

:lol:

Yup all I did was move the camera behind the ship. Would be nice for the Cap Ship's but most of them have it from the bridge already. Not too bad compared to some ships. I just wish it could be a dual pivot setup where you have 2 cameradummy's linked to the primary cockpit allowing switching between them, along with using the ships centre of mass as the pivot. Would solve a hell of a lot of problems there and then camera wise :)
Sir Ken Robinson

urbanfreak

Post by urbanfreak » Sun, 17. Oct 10, 16:51

Love the GOLD ! ... makes me feel rich when playing. :D
[ external image ][ external image ]
If you are in a spaceship that is traveling at the speed of light, and you turn on the headlights, does anything happen?

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Sun, 17. Oct 10, 17:01

Glad you like it :)
Sir Ken Robinson

clevider
x4

Post by clevider » Mon, 25. Oct 10, 18:17

TrixX, I saw you post elsewhere and the stylishness of your mod's logo in your sig demanded I click it. ;) I'm so glad I did. Besides the slickness the interface you've shared, I like how you've made the station icons differentiate between the class of wares that they produce.

Most of all, I love that you changed the color of the targeting arrows. :thumb_up: The darkness of the default's blue has far too little contrast to easily identify and it's bugged me since v1.

One thing I think could be improved, for consistency's sake, is the color of the mission arrows. The mission objective indicator is still gold, but the mission arrows are blue/purple. It seems to me that either the arrows should be gold or the indicator should be blue. Personally, I would go with gold. I'll continue enjoying your mod either way, of course, but it's something I noticed.
//-- ...Signature line decrypting: 1%... --\\

Chestburster2
x3tc

Post by Chestburster2 » Mon, 25. Oct 10, 19:12

All the icon stuff is stored inside the gui_master.dds . There are 12 station icons and i think ES in the first place wanted to make something similiar ;)

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Mon, 25. Oct 10, 19:51

Thanks clevider :)
clevider wrote:One thing I think could be improved, for consistency's sake, is the color of the mission arrows. The mission objective indicator is still gold, but the mission arrows are blue/purple. It seems to me that either the arrows should be gold or the indicator should be blue. Personally, I would go with gold. I'll continue enjoying your mod either way, of course, but it's something I noticed.
Sure will check it over asap. One of the small things that must have slipped through the cracks ;)
Sir Ken Robinson

clevider
x4

Post by clevider » Tue, 26. Oct 10, 02:48

After sleeping on it, maybe I wouldn't go with gold. After all, I find that locating the target is often more urgent than locating the mission objective. It's why the default blue arrows irritated me in the first place. Wouldn't it be just as bad to have mission arrows that were equally competitive for my attention? Maybe a more subdued color would be better for the mission arrows and brackets...

Sorry for contradicting myself almost 10 hours later. I literally was sleeping -- I work nights. :S
//-- ...Signature line decrypting: 1%... --\\

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Tue, 26. Oct 10, 06:34

They were actually meant to get a makeover and be the same colour as the arrows. I think I must have missed them, thinking I did them with the arrows.

But yeah they are meant to highlight missions but not distract from targets. So probably going to change them to the same as the arrows or find a less intrusive colour that suits.
Sir Ken Robinson

BalzaSteel

Post by BalzaSteel » Tue, 26. Oct 10, 17:41

Wow, now that's just beautiful, I can actually see what's going on on my gravidar with a glance now, I highly recommend this mod to anybody using a widescreen monitor.

BS

Igor.tverd
x3ap

Post by Igor.tverd » Tue, 26. Oct 10, 18:09

This looks really good, testing it out now :) One thing though, is it possible to show shield strengh of all the ships in sector, not just the enemies? I can't remember seeing it like that anywhere so it's probably a game engine limitation, but just in case 8) 8)
Fantasy is the impossible made probable. Science fiction is the improbable made possible.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”