[Mod] Apricot Tree SuperHub v2.01 for TCv3 / New Xenon Incursion version !

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 15. Oct 10, 04:42

Good, that makes it easier.

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Fri, 15. Oct 10, 06:07

apricotslice wrote:
TrixX wrote:What about using 3 new sectors and link them to the mentioned sectors?
So far, I havent been successful in adding new sectors.

I guess thats the next step. It was easier to prototype using existing sectors than to work out everything to do with new ones. Now I've some expereince with modifying sectors, maybe adding new ones will be easier. I'll have to see.

If I can get new sectors into the game, then that will make merging much easier, assuming that any mod doesnt already use a sector I choose.

My preference for new sectors is 12,8, 13,7 and 13,9, being the 3 sectors adjacent to the Hub sector.

Does DDTC use any of them ? (Or any other mod for that matter ?)

By moving the Tree sectors, the 3 used now would return to normal. I basically chose them, because they didnt seem to have any real significance to anyone/race/plot in TC.
Check out the New Horizons mod for info on adding sectors (it has 20+ new ones)
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 15. Oct 10, 09:11

Ketraar wrote:Use Sunblades bod, it has all sectors already, no need to duplicate efforts if not really needed.

Its listed in the community list.

MFG

Ketraar
Its also locked by LV and the download link disabled.

Anyone got a copy of just the bod they can email me ? Zip it by itself if you do.

I've done a version 2 using new sectors, but without that bod change, its useless.

If anyone knows the code to add a sector, to be added to the bottom of the bod file, can you send me a copy ? I've looked at the bod file, and cannot make head or tails of it. All I want is the basic code to add a new sector, just to paste in at the bottom 3 times and change if need be. Hopefully changing the sector locations is pretty obvious.

Edit :

Looked at the bod in extended horizons, but it makes no sense to me at all.

The 3 new sectors are 12,8/13,7/13,9. If anyone can write the bod entries for those 3 sectors, so I can just paste on to the bottom of the vanilla bod file, that would be a great help.

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Fri, 15. Oct 10, 12:49

Interesting I just opened the bod in Max and it's a bit weird. First there's loads of models in there with no bearing on the actual map.

Then all the map links are all external to the bod (which is just a scene file). Weird ass bod really. Looking into the modding of the map now and will see what I can find.

Also I have a test running to see if I can sort these collision troubles if you want to help test seeing as you love the autopillock ;)
PM me and I'll send ya the files :)
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 16. Oct 10, 15:03

I finally got the Galaxy editor in X3Editor to work, but alas, its not got anything to do with that bod file. :(

Nice pretty representation of the map, but totally useless.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Sat, 16. Oct 10, 16:33

The 00749.bod is a 3D Object, not going to open it in GalEditor. Use any TextEditor, like Word-/Notepad.

MFG

Ketraar

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Sat, 16. Oct 10, 17:17

Well after a bit of digging the Bod file turns out to just be a representation of the X3Universe.xml file. It doesn't actually dictate what's in the map(s). Litcube made a little app that creates a flat bod file from the X3Universe.xml.

Might save you a bit of time. BTW the X3 Editor just allows external editing of the X3Universe.xml easily. Also turn off directdraw (in the options) and use the software renderer and it'll display maps properly.

Also ALL the crap in the stock bod can be removed. Dunno why it's in there. You only need to have the representational squares which are editable in 3DS Max quite easily :)

Found it, here's the link to Litcube's flat map app creator :)
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=261078
Sir Ken Robinson

InvrSmall
x3tc

Post by InvrSmall » Sat, 16. Oct 10, 22:58

Here you go.

I've made a map with 3 empty Hub sectors at the co-ords your were wanting with a working Galaxy bod and the MD file to load it.

www.axfd00.dsl.pipex.com/mods/SuperHub.zip

Any probs or changes, just giz a shout.

:)

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 17. Oct 10, 06:31

Thanks, I'll have a look at them as soon as I can. :D

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 17. Oct 10, 13:39

Uploaded v2.01.

Please test.

The 3 previously used sectors, should now be back to normal.

Edit : Thanks for the bod sugestions and work. For the moment, I went with Sunblade's, which was just a matter of dropping in the file and doing nothing else.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 21. Oct 10, 13:35

New version available.

Xenon Incursion

The Xenon have hacked the gate network and now pour into the heart of the race worlds. What are you going to do about it ?

This is an alternate version of v2.01, do not run concurrently with the original version. This is not compatible with other mods using jobs.txt.

4 of the gates across the 3 Tree sectors have been hacked by the Xenon to give them direct access to the Tree, and Xenon ships will quickly start to move. Their destination is unknown, but if they get there, there will not be much left afterwards, and they will leave devestation in their wake as they go.

If you thought Xenon Invasion missions were too easy, prepare for a fight you should enjoy.

Xenon Incursion version for Merge Mod add-on.

This is an add on to allow the Apricot Merge Mod to be run as the mod, but still allow the Xenon Incursion to occur.

Install Xenon Incursion zip as the last patch. Merge Mod as the selected mod. Then unzip the addon zip into the TC folder, to add jobs.txt to the types folder to override the Merge Mod.

gmargaro
xr

Post by gmargaro » Fri, 22. Oct 10, 12:12

Looks great, but i have 2 questions :

- Does it works with a french language game ?
- I suppose it requires a restart ?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 22. Oct 10, 12:16

gmargaro wrote:Looks great, but i have 2 questions :

- Does it works with a french language game ?
- I suppose it requires a restart ?
No idea with French, shouldnt be a problem though. The text file is english, but it only contains sector name text.

Try it and you tell me :)

Yes, it does need a restart as its a new map.

Putmacher
x4

Post by Putmacher » Sat, 23. Oct 10, 00:58

does it work with the SRM mod?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 23. Oct 10, 01:02

Should do. Install this as a patch.

The Xenon version will conflict with the jobs addon.

Putmacher
x4

Post by Putmacher » Sat, 23. Oct 10, 01:03

ok, i will try it, thanks for quick reply :)

hmm for me it looks like it still uses the old sectors or it renames some pirate sectors

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 23. Oct 10, 05:11

Old version.

V1 renames pirate sectors.

V2 creates new ones.

Putmacher
x4

Post by Putmacher » Sat, 23. Oct 10, 11:06

yes i know, i used v2 and in one of the tree sectors there was a pirate base and asteroids and the ship voice told me a pirate sector name

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 23. Oct 10, 11:37

Did you start a new game ?

Putmacher
x4

Post by Putmacher » Sat, 23. Oct 10, 11:42

yes, i tried existing and a new game

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”