[MD] Extended Horizons. New Sectors add-on. (Compatability Update 4 Mar)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

InvrSmall
x3tc

Post by InvrSmall » Tue, 28. Sep 10, 23:33

I was asked to make a new version that was not so measily with the Res on the Asteroids so look to the OP for the alternative Higher Res Map.
Most sectors now have at least one Asteroid with a 104 Silicone in it, some with more. There's also a few more abandoned ships scattered about to claim if you wish.

Future plans:
Increase the Kha'ak spawn in their area and make a few missions to open up more sectors.

Any reasonable ideas welcome.
:)

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Tue, 28. Sep 10, 23:38

just a quick question, if I already have a prevouis version applied, if I put in the new one will it update or do I have to open up a save before I installed this?

InvrSmall
x3tc

Post by InvrSmall » Wed, 29. Sep 10, 00:00

Unfortunately you would have to go back to the earlier save as I have changed some of the base Map objects. e.g lighting. :(

This will be the last update to the Main file so If you do go back to an earlier save it will be the last time an update will require it.

Any more updates to add Kha'ak spawn/missions/more sectors, will work fine with both versions. I am using the first version and have built too much to go back to an earlier save. :wink:

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Wed, 29. Sep 10, 00:06

Ah... darn... I won't go changing it again unless I really feel like it. It just adds extra abandoned ships and some more high yield roids, not that it bothers me... lol I can just use the asteroid fusion script to make all the smaller yield roids into bigger yield roids :P

InvrSmall
x3tc

Post by InvrSmall » Wed, 29. Sep 10, 00:08

Requiemfang wrote:I can just use the asteroid fusion script to make all the smaller yield roids into bigger yield roids :P
:thumb_up:

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Thu, 7. Oct 10, 08:45

Very impressive. Sectors are very well done. And, they function as sectors, which I'm not surprised. You can use Trickmov's Sector Takeover (STO) to claim these sectors. Will find out soon if other races start moving in.

Great concept, hope you continue with this, adding more and more, but without making us start from old saves.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 12:27

I just want to report that this mod runs fine with "Immersive background" mod.

Sectors are nice but I want to point three things that are a bit anoying:
- no gate connections in universe map
- broken left/right in universe map
(I know you mentioned that those two are broken but it would be nice if someone cound fix that)

- Unkown sector Mu - this sector is the only one that cause lag when you fly too deep (I guess there is too many asteroids - some of them, those which aren't "build mine" capable, could be reduce a bit). It's strange because there are other sectors with large number of asteroids in this mod (one that looks like that Yaki dense asteroid sector) and they work fine.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 12:49

Hmmm I am also concerned about the massive size of one sector... can't remember which one but why the heck does it have to be as big or bigger then the Aldrin sector :o

InvrSmall
x3tc

Post by InvrSmall » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 15:00

mr.WHO wrote:- Unkown sector Mu - this sector is the only one that cause lag when you fly too deep (I guess there is too many asteroids - some of them, those which aren't "build mine" capable, could be reduce a bit). It's strange because there are other sectors with large number of asteroids in this mod (one that looks like that Yaki dense asteroid sector) and they work fine.
I will agree that there is a lot of debri, nebulae and 'stuff' in that sector which might be killing your frame rates. I tried to set up that sector to have the feel of a dark foreboding place where things could be hiding/forgotten and also for Mobile mining.
To be honest I have no issues with framerates in any of the sectors.
My comp specs are:
Q6600 OC'd a bit, 4 Gig ram and a 512Meg 9800Gtx.

As for the right/left swapping on the Gal map, I've spent a lot of time trying to workout why it happens and have ended up drawing a blank. I cannot find any reason as to why it happens. :( If anyone can enlighten me I would be very gratefull.
Requiemfang wrote: Hmmm I am also concerned about the massive size of one sector... can't remember which one but why the heck does it have to be as big or bigger then the Aldrin sector
I'm guessing that you are pointing to Unknown Sector NU. Well, Space is big you know. :P

Yeah, agreed, it is a long sector and if I remember rightly the gates are about 450Km apart.
I set this one up purely as an exploration sector to give a large feel to the universe and once you get to the other side, you can then lock onto the jump gate and bypass the long travel time altogether.

Remember, in commonwealth sectors the gates have been towed closer together to make trading easier between sectors.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 15:36

Might I suggest you cut back on the dust/nebulae in unknown sector Mu? I lack the 9800 GT graphic card, I have the 9600 GT 1 gig card, my CPU is of a lower standard as well, I do have more ram, about 2 gigs more then you. I only address this because some of the people out there who play this game have lower quality parts and such in there rigs and not everyone can play it as the same. Which means it might impact some lower end machines, so cutting back a bit on that sector might help, even on my rig which is made to play games of some of the higher quality it starts to have FPS problems, I'm still able to play but it's a hassle to see that FPS rate go down unless it's during a battle.

I think that's the only issue I've found about this, I don't mind the large sectors and the easiest way to solve that large span between gates is to just speed up the ships :P

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 16:55

I'd left the nebula fog in MU as this sector is very climatic. However I'd reduce the evrything else that provide the lag (some asteroids and debris).

InvrSmall
x3tc

Post by InvrSmall » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 17:19

I'll see what I can do about reducing the Debri Asteroids but at the moment I am trying to set up the Kha'ak sector with better spawning.

You should have seen the slide show when I first made that sector. :o It ran really well in the Gal editor but when the game was running and scripts were added it became really clear that I had to cut things a LOT which turned out to be about half, but clearly i've not reduced it enough to work on some machines.

Untill i can make a fix to reduce the roids I can only suggest lowering the GFX detail, Ansiotropic
and Antiailising when you are looking around that sector.

Cheers for the feedback.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 17:29

I am trying to set up the Kha'ak sector with better spawning.
Could you tell us what those Khaak do? Do they only defend or they send some attacks? Attack aren't necesary as I use IR.

InvrSmall
x3tc

Post by InvrSmall » Sat, 9. Oct 10, 17:42

It's just to set up better defences really, e.g Capships and Guardians, as I'm still learning the MD and the script engine.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 21. Oct 10, 10:49

I just want to point you that if you don't know how to solve the problem with universe map left/right move and universe map visible gate link then I think you should ask Lighcube or Roguey as those two guys are the only ones who created new sectors for their mods, so they might have experience to fix it. Dunno about Roguey, but Lightcube is still around this forum (check the Revelation or Phanon corp scripts topics).

ggsimmonds
x3tc

Post by ggsimmonds » Wed, 1. Dec 10, 10:33

Is this mod still supported?

lettuceman44
x3tc

Post by lettuceman44 » Fri, 3. Dec 10, 03:50

I'm just wondering if this is compatible with Immersive Environments?

InvrSmall
x3tc

Post by InvrSmall » Fri, 3. Dec 10, 05:01

ggsimmonds wrote:Is this mod still supported?
Yeah but RL is getting in the way. Still figuring out how to Script at the moment, slowly getting there, and I'm in the process of setting up a few more sectors.
lettuceman44 wrote:I'm just wondering if this is compatible with Immersive Environments?
Dunno to be honest. Try it and give some feed back.

The only conflict I can see would be The TBackgrounds file. You could install my mod with and without the TBackgrounds file and see how it goes.
I might even have a look at ImmersiveBackgrounds myself in the next couple of weeks and try to make it compatible if there are nasty conflicts. :)
Extended Horizons. Adds 15 new sectors to explore and to make a home in for your empire. Works with your existing Game save and does not require a new start.
Wing combat commands: Attack Fighters and Attack Capships. Adds the two commands to the Wing Combat menu.

InvrSmall
x3tc

Post by InvrSmall » Fri, 3. Dec 10, 05:51

mr.WHO wrote:I just want to report that this mod runs fine with "Immersive background" mod.
Looks like mr.WHO has already answered the Immersive background question.
Extended Horizons. Adds 15 new sectors to explore and to make a home in for your empire. Works with your existing Game save and does not require a new start.
Wing combat commands: Attack Fighters and Attack Capships. Adds the two commands to the Wing Combat menu.

lettuceman44
x3tc

Post by lettuceman44 » Sun, 5. Dec 10, 22:30

Haha wow....must have totally missed that..... :shock:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”