[TC] Terran Campaign : Walkthrough

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Crawdaddy79
x4

Post by Crawdaddy79 » Sat, 23. Jan 10, 16:11

UlteriorModem wrote:Its hard to 'run' from pirates when your supposed to scan the pirate base.

Im stuck on this mission as well and every time I approach the base I'm set upon by 4 or 5 rats and a few xenons.

I actually got the scan up to 80 on one try by placing the base between me and the bogeys before I got blasted to bits.

I tried going in swinging a couple of times with no joy.

So I figure I'm going to have to raise some credits and upgrade a bit.
A tactic that's worked for me, with pretty much 100% success, is to get a fast ship (at least 400 m/s, but I think I used a 576 m/s Split Jaguar for this one) and just draw all the other ships away far enough for you to circle around and scan. You'll outrun missiles, and rarely do the Xenon or Pirates have a ship that goes higher than 370 m/s.

Houston1978
x3tc

Post by Houston1978 » Fri, 5. Feb 10, 07:46

Luring them away from the station is what I ended up having to do in order to be able to finish the scan. I was in my trusty Sabre, and the mission spawned 1 N, 2 M's, and 3 pirate Elite's. The only one that can keep up with the Sabre is the Xenon N, and he goes down in a single missile :)

Then just fly a wide arc around the station and back, and you should easily have enough time to complete the scan.

I have a couple of questions of my own about mission 6. I am told that I need to deploy adv. satellites in 3 sectors, but nowhere has any of them in stock, nor any nav satellites. How can I get somewhere to stock them? I think I saw an advanced satellite factory somewhere, but I don't understand how to make my ships trade. Do I need software of some sort, or is it something basic I am just not doing?

Thanks for any help.

Yulric
x3tc

Post by Yulric » Fri, 5. Feb 10, 08:53

Open your encyclopedia -- I think they are under special objects and click on the satelite. Scroll down near bottom -- on the bottom part is a listing of places that you, in game, have gathered of where they can be bought. If it came within scanner range - it gets recorded in your encyclopedia.

I use it a lot.

Yul

EDIT:: Another way is if you have a ship with best buy/sell equipment and trade software -- have it find it for you. Tell it to go buy satelites - open your property listing -- see where it is heading and then go there yourself -- can cancel the other ship if not need it further. Sometimes not get as many as you need in one place.

Houston1978
x3tc

Post by Houston1978 » Sat, 6. Feb 10, 23:29

Thanks for the tip Yulric, commanding a ship to go buy some satellites worked like a charm!

Now I have a few new issues. I am now trying to board the Vidar with the marines I was given, in preparation for going to Aldrin. However, my Scabbard simply flies several kilometers away when I give it the board command. I have tried to get nice and close first, thinking that the marines needing to spacewalk should be close to start. The AP takes over and my ship simply loops around endlessly. I was trying to make sure the shields were kept down by using the combat command to do so, but the Cutlass simply keeps firing even after the shields are dropped. It has blown it up a couple of times this way.

Is it possible to remote command the Scabbard to board, while I remain in the Cutlass to keep the shields down? I realize the marines I am given aren't the best trained soldiers I would likely want for boarding duties, but the Vidar isn't moving or shooting back, so this should be a good opportunity to learn how it works.

Also, not entirely related but, why can't I jumpdrive to anywhere in the Sol system except for the Heretic's End gate in the Asteroid Belt?

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Sat, 6. Feb 10, 23:36

Because only the South gate in the Asteroid Belt is a Jumpgate. All the others are TOA's (Trans Orbital Accelerators).

Houston1978
x3tc

Post by Houston1978 » Mon, 8. Feb 10, 08:18

So I have made it to the point where I have to pickup the Aldrin dignitaries on the SPP. The thing is, I get no message saying people on board etc. when I dock. It warned me when I got told about the suits that I needed life support on-board (which I have), but I can't continue until get on my ship.

Do I need to restart this mission, or is the general system lag making me wait awhile?

ethoward71
x3

Post by ethoward71 » Sun, 2. May 10, 20:21

Very nice walk through.

I'm having a bit of trouble, hope it's not a bug at the end of mission 5. I returned the two astronauts in Heretics End, got the 'mission completed' message but Mark Johnson is not at the station. Will he show up eventually or am I missing something to start mission 6?

Thanks.

ethoward71
x3

Post by ethoward71 » Tue, 4. May 10, 01:03

Thanks!

MoloMowChow
x3tc

Post by MoloMowChow » Tue, 4. May 10, 01:56

I have a problem with the end of mission 5. After jumping out of M158 and into Heretics end with the astronauts and docking with the base to deliver them, I didn't get the option to "talk" to this Mark guy.

I did everything correctly, had the life support and made sure I picked up both astronauts. Do I have to wait?

Da-V-Man
x4

Post by Da-V-Man » Mon, 17. May 10, 03:17

This is a very helpful guide. Why isn't it linked in the The Ultimate X resource and guides list?

blametom

Post by blametom » Tue, 25. May 10, 19:21

I'm having huge problems capturing the Caimen in Family Zyarth. There is a Xenon Q which is constantly following me round the sector. By the time I get the Caimen to bail it is breathing down my neck so much that I don't have time to get out and claim it without it destroying me. Even if I did have time to claim the ship, it wouldn't be fast enough to outrun the Q anyway.

I've tried leaving the sector for a period of time and coming back but the Q is always there waiting for me.

v70xc
x4

Post by v70xc » Mon, 31. May 10, 21:54

I have a problem with docking on "TORUS". I receive message, that I left the right way and that I'm signed as enemy. What do I wrong? I tried to dock wth Scabbard and Vidar.

Catra

Post by Catra » Mon, 31. May 10, 22:21

blametom wrote:I'm having huge problems capturing the Caimen in Family Zyarth. There is a Xenon Q which is constantly following me round the sector. By the time I get the Caimen to bail it is breathing down my neck so much that I don't have time to get out and claim it without it destroying me. Even if I did have time to claim the ship, it wouldn't be fast enough to outrun the Q anyway.

I've tried leaving the sector for a period of time and coming back but the Q is always there waiting for me.
kill it. the sabre / scimitar you start with can handily defeat it.
on approach: strafe in one direction for a time, then in the opposite direction(rolling is optional).
on flying away from it for another pass:
strafe up or down + left or right + roll.

blametom

Post by blametom » Wed, 2. Jun 10, 13:00

kill it. the sabre / scimitar you start with can handily defeat it.
on approach: strafe in one direction for a time, then in the opposite direction(rolling is optional).
on flying away from it for another pass:
strafe up or down + left or right + roll.
haha, I didn't manage to kill it in the end (I was in a nova raider but perhaps lack some flying skills) but I got through it eventually by finding a Caimen that was just out of reach from the Q. I claimed it, then immediately told it to fly away to the edge of the sector whilst I got back in the nova and lead the Q back in the other direction where some random M4s were flying about. These engaged the Q and gave it something else to distract it whilst I returned back to the Caimen via a huge loop round the sector. I then had enough time to fix the hull of the Caimen before the Q decided to start looking for me again by which time I had already scanned the elephant and was on my way out of the sector. woooo!

Silkie D'Taret

Post by Silkie D'Taret » Tue, 22. Jun 10, 02:40

I'm having a problem with capping the Vidar in the last mission (yes I know you dont have to, but I'm reloading to do it right so that I get capping down).

I fly over to the Vidar with the Scabbard flying next to it. I've tried this two ways:
1. Select on the Scabbard: order Piracy, Board Ship. Select the Vidar, then "Ready to Board", then I take the shields of the Vidar down with my own ship.

2. Take the shields down on the Vidar, then select on the Scabbard: order Piracy, Board Ship. Select the Vidar, then "Ready to Board".

In both cases, the Scabbard simply flies around occasionally ramming the Vidar. No Marines come out, and I dont see anything happening. I hit the R screen and it just shows me, Vidar, Scabbard. I continue to keep the shields low/down until the mission simply advances and I'm told to go to the Moon, and the Vidar automatically becomes mine.

I'd like to figure out what I'm doing wrong because I'd like to capture ships in the future. Does it only work with boarding pods? Instructions say TPs can capture ships but the Marines dont do anything above. Where would you see the "progress" of the capture?

thecrazybear
xr

Post by thecrazybear » Tue, 22. Jun 10, 10:35

If i remember correctly as of v2.5 boarding was made more difficult so the marines that you are given are next to worthless and aren't able to cap the vidar. the problems with the boarding is due to a number of issues with the boarding script and the AI they have major issues and you are unable to launch marines or the TP crashes directly into the target vehicle the easiest way to do it is to use the TP yourself and when you get within 1000m eject them , you'll need to have a fighter with the attack sheilds command to keep the shields low

NewEonOrchestra
x3tc

Post by NewEonOrchestra » Sun, 12. Sep 10, 01:28

I completed the first Terran mission (I think, I got to the part where I asked the woman if she had further work and clicked okay.)

But the next mission just won't show up anywhere. I've been to Uranus and there are no blue books on the map.

I also went back to Omnicon Lyrae and looked around for a story mission being offered, but again no luck. It seems like I'm kind of stuck between missions.

Has anybody else had this problem?

ThunderRoad

Post by ThunderRoad » Sat, 25. Sep 10, 02:16

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!! Went through first time thanks to your guide. I'm lucky, I started this campaign after I'd already had 1.2 billion in the bank and several giant complex hubs producing weapons, shields and missles (thanks to Dusty) and maxed Argon, Teladi, Boron and Paranid rank. This is thanks to the Trade Command MK3 and 110 ships as sector or universe trader. Thanks again. This game is a beautiful, huge, deep and buggy bitch. And I love her. :)

rif100
x3

Post by rif100 » Tue, 28. Sep 10, 14:58

i have had the same problem. I did attack some terran ships before i started the first mission and my rank with teraan dropped some

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”