[ALP] Jumpgate Construction Technology 1.4 TC/AP 17/7/12

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 15. Jul 10, 18:24

i knew i should have explained further

go into the script named above via the script editor, arrow down to that line and across to the za ware and either click it with your mouse or press enter

this will let you change the ware through the var/ware option, scroll through the list until you find the JCT and click it, now it will be linked in the command above

save, exit, voila
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

dpadula
x4

Post by dpadula » Thu, 15. Jul 10, 18:35

Thanks I will give it a shot. I was thinking you might be talking about that but I did not want to assume and possibly mess something up in the script editor.

If this works.... Any idea why this might have happened?

***UPDATE***

So it was not as easy as you suggested but I got it working. I first turned off the Plugin under the AI. I then edited all of the plugin scripts that went with the JumpGate and replaced the ZA with the right thing. Once that was done I turned the Plugin back on and all is good now.

So thank you for all of the help.

Any idea why this might have happened?
-----
Dell Precision 3600
12 gb ram
Nvidia 1060
256 gd boot ssd and 1 tb data ssd
Windows 10

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 19. Jul 10, 20:31

Updated to fix emp problem, turn plugin off, leave for 10 mins turn back on and viola

If you have ZA_ wares in your ships hold manually run lib.lv.old.emp.warelist via the script editor (r,r,enter) and it will fix the problem and convert the to the new emp wares

So make sure you update my library's :)

[ external image ]

Imperial Library Scripts

How To Use AL Plugins
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

NewEonOrchestra
x3tc

Post by NewEonOrchestra » Sun, 12. Sep 10, 02:54

I can't seem to get this to work, or else I don't know how to activate it or where to buy it.

Is this considered an artificial life plugin in the way it has to be activated from the gameplay commands? The artificial life function is grayed out, so I would assume not.

I have the new version of the EMP. I thought that I had installed correctly; Cyrow's advanced Jumpdrive shows up and works fine. The plugin manager 1.3 beta lists "Jumpgate Construction v1.2" and "Imperial Librarys v2.5" installed correctly.

Is there something else I'm missing?

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Sun, 12. Sep 10, 03:26

I usually find them in Terran sectors on certain Terran stations

NewEonOrchestra
x3tc

Post by NewEonOrchestra » Sun, 12. Sep 10, 03:39

I've been to the Orbital Patrol Base, Orbital Defense Station, Saturn Research Station, and USC Orbital Support Station, everything that is left in the Saturn sector (most of the Terran factories have been deleted by the game because of underuse). Even in nearby sectors with similar stations, the ware is nowhere to be seen.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Sun, 12. Sep 10, 04:13

if you check via the cheat menu script you can check to make sure you have the script/mod installed correctly. In my game I can see them just fine

NewEonOrchestra
x3tc

Post by NewEonOrchestra » Sun, 12. Sep 10, 06:22

Okay, for some reason the plugin manager 1.3 beta did not actually install it. I've done it manuall and the ZA_EMP ware shows up, but as long as it is functional I'm not too concerned if the name is strange.

Now... how do I get my "General" options again? :oops: I remember having a hell of a time trying to find it... shouldn't it be listed as a tab along with Trade/Combat/Navigation/Special? It doesn't show up in my autopilot commands.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Sun, 12. Sep 10, 06:46

ZA_EMP ware only shows up if you don't have the proper EMP files installed, the plugin manager automatically comes installed with it, I've noticed that if you have a separate install of the same script or mod... say EMP installed through manual method which is the copy or drag and drop method into the main X3TC directory and then install the thing through the plugin manager it causes issues... I've had this happen

NewEonOrchestra
x3tc

Post by NewEonOrchestra » Sun, 12. Sep 10, 18:46

Can someone please post a screenshot or something of where the "General" menu even is? I thought it was listed with the Navigation/Combat/Trade/Special selections back when I had the Complex Construction mod, but I do not remember where to find it or if I have to turn it on or something.

I have 4 of the wares loaded on an M6 Heavy Osprey (which does carry XL cargo.)

dpadula
x4

Post by dpadula » Sun, 12. Sep 10, 18:55

Why is everybody still using 1.1? I know that there is a 1.2 version if you go to the main download area for LV. Also make sure you are using the most recent version of his scripts. These can both be found at his Free Hosting link in his signature. Just go there and then select downloads.
-----
Dell Precision 3600
12 gb ram
Nvidia 1060
Windows 10

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Sun, 12. Sep 10, 19:59

dpadula wrote:Why is everybody still using 1.1? I know that there is a 1.2 version if you go to the main download area for LV. Also make sure you are using the most recent version of his scripts. These can both be found at his Free Hosting link in his signature. Just go there and then select downloads.
this ^ I suggest you do as the man says :lol:

NewEonOrchestra
x3tc

Post by NewEonOrchestra » Sun, 12. Sep 10, 20:19

I am using 1.2... with Imperial Libraries 2.5 .

And I still can't find the "General" menu... isn't a M6 Heavy Osprey a valid ship?

Requiemfang
x4

Re: [ALP] Jumpgate Construction Technology 1.1 19/7/10

Post by Requiemfang » Sun, 12. Sep 10, 20:32

LV wrote:

Description
As i was bored..........

This ALP adds a new command in the "General Menu" of the console entitled "Create Gate"

This plugin will install a new EMP ware to Terran & ATF docks Jumpgate Construction Software

Costing 95k any ship capable of carrying XL cargo with 2 Units of JCS can order gate building.
look at the large font

NewEonOrchestra
x3tc

Post by NewEonOrchestra » Sun, 12. Sep 10, 21:09

A Heavy Osprey lists TC as Extra Large Containers XL and I had exactly two units aboard... am I missing something here?

It seems to work from a Mammoth fine.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Sun, 12. Sep 10, 21:15

hmmm... I remember reading something about it only being able to be used on TS and TL class ships... but maybe this is just something I think *shrugs*

dpadula
x4

Post by dpadula » Sun, 12. Sep 10, 23:44

Hopefully LV will chime in here because I think that I have only ever used a Mammoth before.... Also maybe in version 1.2 he changed what ships can use the software. That is always possible. I think that he was thinking of doing that since if you really think about it using an M6 is a bit on the small side.
-----
Dell Precision 3600
12 gb ram
Nvidia 1060
Windows 10

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 13. Sep 10, 00:05

LV wrote:1. what commands do show in your general menu

2. what ship are you in (must be M1 TL TM TP)

Kimmy
x2

Post by Kimmy » Mon, 13. Sep 10, 00:43

I’ve got this all working and I’ve setup a gate south out of ‘Unknown Sector’ and in the north of ‘Great Trench’. After a few minutes, I get a message saying; “A new gate from Unknown Sector to Great Trench has been created”.

But, there’s no gates!!

What an I doing wrong?

Can any one help?

Edit…

Sorry, I forgot to rename the files to the next highest .CAT and .DAT.

But, now that the gates are being created. The gate south out of ‘Unknown Sector’ is marked ‘N’ for North. The gate in Great Trench is correctly marked ‘N’.

Also, after a few minutes, both gates disappear!!

I done this several times, same result.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 13. Sep 10, 09:12

is the plugin in the AL menu turned off by any chance as i can't think of another reason for gates to consistently vanish.

Forget the naming (NESW) it's not exact.

many use this script without issue so it's hard not to think your doing something wrong

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”