To All New X2 Players - Starting Out * SPOILER ? * UPDATED

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LB3233
x2

thanks

Post by LB3233 » Tue, 2. Mar 04, 23:16

damn good guide for $$ it will save me much $$
The ONLY thing better than a big ass gun is a big ass gun that shoots faster-
Ships In The NHS fleet:2 Collosus 2 Condors 5 Pythons 6 Titans 2 Rays 400 fighter of several types

LB3233
x2

thanks

Post by LB3233 » Tue, 2. Mar 04, 23:17

damn good guide for $$ it will save me much $$
The ONLY thing better than a big ass gun is a big ass gun that shoots faster-
Ships In The NHS fleet:2 Collosus 2 Condors 5 Pythons 6 Titans 2 Rays 400 fighter of several types

DiablOs_21
x2

Post by DiablOs_21 » Tue, 2. Mar 04, 23:37

Nanook wrote:The only freighters that can use the Mobile Mining laser are the Paranid Demeter, the Split Caiman and the Teladi Vulture. Sorry. :(

For a complete how-to on mining, see this thread:

http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtop ... sc&start=0

Mining is fun and profitable. Good Luck :)

Many thanks Nanook...Guess I'll try out yr trading tips then save up.
***Note to mod's.....Sticky this pls!***
Trapped in time.
Surrounded by evil.
Low on gas.

Circumcisor
x2

Post by Circumcisor » Wed, 3. Mar 04, 00:33

A few more tips for the start if you're going to try X-Treme difficulty.

On X-Treme you start with 100 credits and a completely bare ship - every extra credit counts. You won't even be able to start the missions for several hours as you need to upgrade your ship first.

When docking in stations, don't press ESC straight away but fly inside, look around, pick up the dropped freight that is sometimes there. Equipment docks are often useful places to look. Be careful that the Disco can only carry small freight so it might not fit in your bay, just fly up to it slowly (<3ms), press "O" to open bay and - hey presto, free stuff to sell. If it doesn't fit you will bump it, this might cause a small bit of damage to your ship (especially as you can't afford shields yet) if you're going too fast, but it's not worth spending the cash to repair. Press ESC to exit the station again or fly into a bay to dock.

I've picked up salvage insurance (very useful), energy cells, missiles, mass driver ammunition (sell for 1,340 per unit), space flies (3,000 per unit at pirate bases), fighter drones (2,000 at some trading stations), navigation satellites (6,400 at some trading stations) and even 3 units of Nividium (20,000 each at some Paranid Jewellery ranches: try Sacred Relic). Nividium is XL so you have to get in your Manta or a TS to pick it up. All good free stuff, and a very handy source of cash early on in any game.

Also look around to see where pirates are being killed by NPC's - they often drop missiles or cargo you can pick up and sell for more free cash. Silkworms or Dragonflys will get you a few thousand each.

Travelling round without SETA is a pain, but the computer control key "U" is dead handy - target the station, press U, sit back and wait as you autodock with it. Or press Shift-d. Try picking up free stuff until you can afford SETA upgrade and a few cargo extensions, then get a bay full of energy cells for 9cr each, and sell them for 22 at needy places. Switch to argnu beef when you can afford it and do a few runs between cahoona bakeries and cattle ranches. Gradually increase your bay size as credits allow, until you hit the 30 which is needed for the first mission. The cash reward for this is a big bonus after struggling along for hours with a few hundred in the bank.

My top tip for starters: avoid fighting until you have a fully equipped M4. Run away. Just for now - then come back and kick their ass when your ship will last more than five seconds, and then on to a life of piracy, ship theft, wanton astronaut murder and petty crime - sorry, I mean gentle trading and factory management of course.
If at first you don't succeed - better not try parachuting

Professional Magnate
Ace of Aces 1st Grade
[ external image ][ external image ]

raliel
x2

Post by raliel » Wed, 3. Mar 04, 16:10

great advice!

Obiwan007
x4

Post by Obiwan007 » Wed, 3. Mar 04, 19:26

well done mate quality post, tho i highly recommend settin up a SSP ASAP! in Kingdoms End, goto bed and leave SETA on tomorrow mornin ull be a millionaire ;)

Obi
The Force is with ME!!! ... Just not so sure about YOU!!!
[ external image ]

Camulus
x2

Post by Camulus » Fri, 5. Mar 04, 22:57

Yo sup all. All these tips have bean an amazing help for my game especially the mining ones. I was wondering y I couldn’t equip my argon merc with a drilling device.

I am going to have allot of Q’s so if I seem like a complete moron don't tell me I already am aware of the fact. :mrgreen:

(1) Can you equip fighter drones with any other stuff? I attacked a pirate ship with 14 of the little buggers and the got swatted like flies.

(2) What determines weather a pilot will abandon his ship? I have noticed that some people are more stubborn than others.

(3) What is a good design for a cargo freighter? I have probably a dozen of them going to and from my stations and if they were attacked by even the smallest ships they would probably get vaporized.

(4) How do you get your transports to only bye and sell from your stations without having to re do their orders?

Ok That all a can think of for now any help is appreciated trust me. I do have on bit of advice for other players. I don't know if it has bean mentioned or not but the Ion cannon (It’s actual name escapes me) is probably the best weapon in the whole game pick up at least one as soon as you can at the forge at Kingdome end it cost around 250k I think its bean a while. I personally have two on my Orinoco as well as two AHPT's, I use one to take out ships shields in a instant and the plasma cannon to take out the ship, or I use both to where down a pirate base's shields and wen they are gone I switch one of them back to a AHPT. It takes some time but the station eventually falls.

Vogon
x2

Post by Vogon » Wed, 10. Mar 04, 00:03

Yeah im new to this game to, so ill need all the help i can get, thanks for those usefull tips mate. :)
Barton 3000+, Herc 9800pro, 1gig PC2700
Fortissimo III 7.1 Sound Card, DVD writer, CD Rom, 120gig/80gig Seagates, Creative 5.1's, SpeedTouch 330 USB/BB Modem, Hitachi 17" TFT.

Dark Moon
x2

Post by Dark Moon » Fri, 12. Mar 04, 17:44

THANKS ALOT
Just started to get stuck!!
This will sort out the begining, but already posted please do more tips
If it bleeds, it can die.....
Never trust any thing that bleeds for seven days and doesn`t die...... South Park
:lol:

Ushiikun
x2

Post by Ushiikun » Sun, 14. Mar 04, 12:31

Camulus, I'll try and help you out.
Anyone please corrent me if I'm wrong on this:

1) Drones are mostly a distraction. You fire one off, and while the bad guys are going after it, you beat feet and get outa there.

2) Strip his shields, never damage him below 87% (approx), let his shields rebuild and strip them again. He should bail, however there is a randomness factor involved, so it won't alway work.

3) NO WEAPONS ON FREIGHTERS!! THat is the best advice I can give. if they have any weapons on them, they will try and fight back, and your one little turret isn't going to do much against their 3-4 weapons. Also, once you can afford it, I would recommend maxing their shields, that way they have time to get away, and hopefully the local calvary will come to their rescue.

4) There is a script you can download that will force your frieghter to only buy at your stations, however if you don't want the modified tag, here is a way that only encourages them.
a) Don't allow the AI to trade at your station
b) Set your station selling price to how much you want to pay, even 0
c) Set your transports to buy at the price you set.
As stated above, this won't force them to buy from you, but they should almost always go to your station unless there is a better price somewhere else, which will save you money anyway, so it shouldn't really matter.

Hope this helps.

[/quote]
I am a bomb technician, if you see me running, try to keep up, cause either someone has tapped a fresh keg, or something has gone desperately wrong!!
Providing the enemy the opportunity to die for his country!!
IYAAYAS!!!

PLightstar
x2

Post by PLightstar » Mon, 15. Mar 04, 21:36

Thanks for the tip, I had saved enough for a barracuda which I love, and is great for squashing pirates.

Also I milked that run try, now I have a Titan its only got 4 turrets at the mo but my moneys on the increase again.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 15. Mar 04, 22:04

3) NO WEAPONS ON FREIGHTERS!! THat is the best advice I can give. if they have any weapons on them, they will try and fight back, and your one little turret isn't going to do much against their 3-4 weapons. Also, once you can afford it, I would recommend maxing their shields, that way they have time to get away, and hopefully the local calvary will come to their rescue.
Additionally, I would highly recommend adding ~10 drones/freighter. These will be ejected when the freighter gets attacked and the baddies will concentrate on them while the freighter escapes, giving you time to warp in and finish them off. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

frymaster
x4

Post by frymaster » Tue, 16. Mar 04, 00:38

Camulus wrote: (1) Can you equip fighter drones with any other stuff? I attacked a pirate ship with 14 of the little buggers and the got swatted like flies.

(2) What determines weather a pilot will abandon his ship? I have noticed that some people are more stubborn than others.
[/color]
how's that for serendipity....

the more you hit (not damage) a hull (not a shield) the more likely someone is to bail. Some people equip their capping ships with smaller weapons which they switch to when their enemy's shields are down - I find fighter drones just as effective, I keep the shields down and my little buddies convince him to bail

Silentz

Post by Silentz » Tue, 16. Mar 04, 02:13

Oh god thanks.

i have spent all damn night in the wall selling energy to a cattle ranch... the beef to a bakery and back to the SPP... all with my crappy mercury.

Simultaneously doing passenger runs in the Discovery all over argon space.

Managed to earn about 120000... not even nearly enough for anything good. It was almost fun, but sooooooo slow.

Got a manta now - 4x as fast as the Mercury with twice the space.

It's time to sell some silicon.

Actually its time to go to bed because it's 1am, but TOMORROW it will be time to sell some silicon.

Good advice :D :D :D

dgautsch
x3

Post by dgautsch » Tue, 16. Mar 04, 08:00

VERY helpful, bump it up

heilel
x2

Post by heilel » Tue, 16. Mar 04, 08:13

It would be nice if this was made sticky, as it seems to be updated with mroe information as time goes on.

Great guide btw and thanks :)

Prosthetic Head
x3

Post by Prosthetic Head » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 02:40

Buy m3?? nope didn't sink in - i'll try again,

buy m3?? nope its no good

once more.. Buy an M3???

nope capture em - capture about 7-10 of the type you want send em all to the same ship yard and give all the combined equipment to the best 1 (or 2 if you been REALLY LUCKY) and sell the others repair the best and send it to the equipment dock for engine tunings, etc.

an bit of pirate bashing keeps your reputation in order so you dont become 2 disliked. (i dont want to know what happens to your landed ships if a shipyard becomes hostile.)

Teachinator

Post by Teachinator » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 05:24

So if I start the game in easy mode to get all those mods to my disco, will it make the whole rest of the game EASY and less challenging?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 05:58

No. The only thing the difficulty mode affects is the starting condition of your ship and your starting credits.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Fragicula
x2

Post by Fragicula » Fri, 19. Mar 04, 16:35

Thanks a lot, that really helped. Though I bought the Doplphin instead of the Manta, because I thougth, more storage room would be nice. Only noticed later that the Mercury was about the same :oops:
Anyway, already got my first Solarplant thanks to this tip.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”