[BONUS] Remove: Press (KEY) to turn off Classic Flight Mode

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Graxster
x3tc

[BONUS] Remove: Press (KEY) to turn off Classic Flight Mode

Post by Graxster » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 17:58

Just a quick text edit that eliminates:

Press (KEY) to turn off Classic Flight Mode

Press (KEY) to turn off Cursor Follow Mode

Extract to your X3 Terran Conflict\t folder.

-Grax

[ external image ]
Last edited by Graxster on Mon, 24. Nov 08, 20:23, edited 2 times in total.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 18:23

Why didn't I think of that? :)

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 18:33

Yes, that idea has a major flaw. It wasn't mine.

Just a suggestion:

If you name the file
0003-L044.xml

then the contents of that file overwrite the corresponding entries in 0001 and 0002 in the same way that CATs work.

I use a 0003-L044.xml myself which looks like:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<language id="44">
<page id="2007" title="Script ReturnVariable" descr="" voice="no">
 <t id="8">do if </t>
</page>
</language>
I renamed "skip if not" to "do if". Easier to read for me. =)

As an added bonus you'd get a 1 kb download instead of a 700+ kb one which is a lot nicer to your bandwidth.
This "text patch" does not set a game to modified.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

amirite

Post by amirite » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 18:45

Oh my gosh it's about frigging time. This annoyed the crap out of me until I tuned it out and pretended it didn't happen. Thanks man.
-TEVE

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 20:24

Thanks, Gazz. I had no idea you could use the "false patch" method with t files. Updated now... very small file and no renaming/overwriting/etc.

-Grax

Jackrum
x2

Post by Jackrum » Mon, 1. Dec 08, 02:02

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou.
Nice work Graxster, I'd been trying to figure this one out myself - Making quite a name for yourself bud. :D

saulsdr

Very Thanks

Post by saulsdr » Wed, 1. Sep 10, 02:39

I really needed this modification man, thanks!!!

bmanic
x3tc

Post by bmanic » Sun, 26. Dec 10, 18:26

AWESOME!! Just what I was looking for. Whoever thought of inserting that silly text in the game with that huge font should pay the next round of beers to everybody and have to remove the garbage from the game. :D

Cheers!

xTemon
x3tc

Post by xTemon » Thu, 7. Jul 11, 08:43

I don't imagine there is any way to remove both that and cursor follow mode entirely is there? Between that change, and the increased missile spam from the pirates, I quit playing X3TC less than a week in.

Combat with Pirates spamming missiles at you, while trying not to switch between classic and follow is a pain, and the switch usually kills me. At least, that's how I remember it.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Thu, 7. Jul 11, 08:49

xTemon wrote:I don't imagine there is any way to remove both that and cursor follow mode entirely is there? Between that change, and the increased missile spam from the pirates, I quit playing X3TC less than a week in.

Combat with Pirates spamming missiles at you, while trying not to switch between classic and follow is a pain, and the switch usually kills me. At least, that's how I remember it.
No point in quitting over that. The missiles issue can be fixed and all you have to do is change the settings in game for your cursor issue.

xTemon
x3tc

Post by xTemon » Thu, 7. Jul 11, 09:21

Yeah, I found the script for missile adjustment, and this one. Also know you can change settings in game, but it still seems to pop up.

When I got X3TC after it released, (Bought direct from Egosoft, and it somehow got routed to India and/or Asia in shipping before coming my way), my first major disappointment was the Cursor follow mode, and second was the missile spam.

Nothing like flying your first buster into presidents end to meet 3 pirates in Novas and Buzzards, and the first missile they flog you with that you can't dodge is a shipkiller. Can't remember the name, but insane damage, and a 30 minute old Buster has near zero shields and maneuverability.

At the time, there were no scripts and mods for it, so I just shelved it, and didn't bother looking at fixing anything myself. Also couldn't stand that message, and as I recall, you can't actually shut off the cursor follow mode, so you end up getting bounced back to it every time you go to interface.

Might be good for big ships, (maybe), but it's not functional in dog-fighting, and makes a slow ship even slower.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Thu, 7. Jul 11, 09:28

I dont have that issue with the cursor youre speaking about. Im not sure what youve done wrong. The spam issue with missiles was fixed several patches ago so you dont have to worry about that anymore.

I suggest you revisit the game settings and see if you can fix it. If you cant let me know and ill look at my settings and see if we can fix it.

xTemon
x3tc

Post by xTemon » Thu, 7. Jul 11, 09:35

Appreciate it, thanks. :)

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Thu, 7. Jul 11, 09:36

joelR wrote:I dont have that issue with the cursor youre speaking about. Im not sure what youve done wrong. The spam issue with missiles was fixed several patches ago so you dont have to worry about that anymore.

I suggest you revisit the game settings and see if you can fix it. If you cant let me know and ill look at my settings and see if we can fix it.

I have "Toggle cursor flight mode" unbound.

I have "Toggle classic flight mode" set to RMB.

Cursor fire is unbound.

inreality
x3ap

Post by inreality » Tue, 22. May 12, 20:42

Thread necro: It doesn't work in my TC (which is Steam version, with XRM mod). The annoying message still appears.

bmanic
x3tc

Post by bmanic » Sun, 31. Mar 13, 12:19

BUMP! Anybody know how to remove this extremely annoying message in Albion Prelude?

I'm doing something wrong I think.. can't get it to work.

Why on earth wasn't this FIXED by Egosoft? These stupid messages are a huge eyesore and immersion killers. Why on earth can't we have a graphic menu or gameplay menu option to remove them?

ahddib
x4

Post by ahddib » Fri, 13. Sep 13, 15:20

any idea if this will work with xrm and AP3.0?
Game Player, Designer, Fanatic

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 13. Sep 13, 20:10

Yes, it will work (unless the XRM already uses a 0003-L0xx.xml). Just make sure that you extract it to your X3 Terran Conflict\addon\t directory.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”