is tnbt a rebirth of x2 in mmorpg format?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dlong41123
x3tc

Post by dlong41123 » Tue, 31. Aug 10, 16:46

a optional multiplayer i believe is the best way to go with a game like X. throw in some exclusives, to make it more desirable and you are golden. To make a game like eve or STO or any other space MMO and you are delving into a different style of game. From what i have seen, the style i what we are all here for.

Either way i am looking forward to what egosoft is going to do next, it all really depends on what they are looking for and their goal is.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Tue, 31. Aug 10, 18:29

If multilayer was added, it should only be small scale coop with fiends. That's all I would like.

Any large scale mmo just wouldn't work as for all the reason listed for the last 5+ years. Plus it would destroy the moding community something I wouldn't like :P

There's plenty more that needs fixing, improving and adding to the engine. Annoying limits and bugs that you discover when you have ripped the game apart many a times.

Twest09
x3tc

Post by Twest09 » Tue, 31. Aug 10, 19:40

killerog wrote:
Any large scale mmo just wouldn't work as for all the reason listed for the last 5+ years. Plus it would destroy the moding community something I wouldn't like :P
And honestly that is ONE of the many things (Top 3 things in my opinion) that make X games pure gold. The modding community. There are few games, which such and alive and dedicated modding community to keep the game fresh and EGOSOFT had a stroke of brilliance when they decided to allow and support such heavy modding and beta testing of X.

MMOs certainly lack that and since I have grown up and moved on from MMOs I have really developed a large respect for, and desire to play games with a modding community. At this point EGOSOFT would be shooting themselves in the foot if they made an MMO.

V^^^^V
x4

Post by V^^^^V » Wed, 6. Apr 11, 15:25

What if it's not a space game at all? Maybe they want to go with a single player super hero RPG or something?

>going back to lurking mode<
V^^^^V

I'm not half the man I used to be, but I am twice his size.

Catra

Post by Catra » Wed, 6. Apr 11, 15:33

8 month old thread is 8 months old, and there's definately more recent threads on it. =P

thyco
x4

Post by thyco » Wed, 6. Apr 11, 16:11

All i have to say is this:

If we had space travel aviable to average joe now like we do with driving cars, EgoSoft Would be like Bohemia Interact. That is they would be making the sims that our space navies would use for training.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Wed, 6. Apr 11, 16:14

No reason for a 8 month old topic to be dug up, especially when there are so many similar topics on the front page.

Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”