TNBT who posted the link I saw a few days ago

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

cj-spartacus
x3ap

Post by cj-spartacus » Mon, 23. Aug 10, 10:28

ndp183 wrote:God I played WoW for 3 years, and wish I could have all that time back. I will never play another MMO again.
I hear you and sympathise from experience.

An MMO is not a game - it is a lifestyle.
"Sticking feathers up your butt doesn't make you a chicken." - Tyler Durden

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Mon, 23. Aug 10, 13:28

Agreeing with the legions saying an MMO would be a big mistake.

I have never played one, every now and again I become tempted and have to mentally slap myself. . .

I did quite like Spore's experiment with the Massively Single Player Online Game concept. Shame Spore was such a flop really as we might not see any more of this IMO promising concept.
Other players being able to influence my game (entirely under my control) GOOD, playing with them BAD.
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

Twest09
x3tc

Post by Twest09 » Mon, 23. Aug 10, 15:04

Another space MMO would be a bad idea, EVE has that niche market corner covered and it seems to be doing well, that said I could see "Multiplayer" working in a space game IF it is set up to a certain number of players and they are working together towards the same goal... sort of clan vs game style multiplayer.

I mean it would be cool to fly in squadrons with some good buddies and take on big capital ships in some fast fighters.

cheezy379
x3tc

Post by cheezy379 » Mon, 23. Aug 10, 21:05

I disagree, I dont think Eve have it covered, I uninstalled EVE as it required absolutely no skill. The click and attack thing they had going on was very uninteresting and unskilled. I think thats where X gets me, I can fly about from Cockpit view, strafe big ships and suddenly it dont matter if im in an M3 or an M2, its down to my skill how much damage I do. EVE is very different, its all down to the size of youre ship/guns on that, how rubish.

Pyure
x3tc

Post by Pyure » Mon, 23. Aug 10, 21:16

I disagree, I dont think Eve have it covered, I uninstalled EVE as it required absolutely no skill.
Just to be clear, this is with respect to their combat, which is constrained by the reality of trying to track fights potentially including hundreds of ships or more.

Doing it dice-based requires a ridiculously smaller amount of bandwidth than trying to deal with all the real time ballstics of a good X fight :)

On the other hand, I'd say Eve is brilliant in any other respect. And its economy is to drool for.

Having said that, I'm still strongly on the Nay side of the MMO argument...multiplayer, fine, but MMO would be very silly.
What's a battle?

nstarun

Post by nstarun » Tue, 14. Sep 10, 19:12

sorry to revive a long dead thread, but what makes people think egosoft will announce this game when the superbox is released?

i also want to know what tnbt is, it could influence when i buy a new desktop (i've been rocking a laptop for years...)

please not an MMO!!

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Tue, 14. Sep 10, 19:33

Well, it wasn't long dead. Less than a month.

We've had several years before... 5 is the record IIRC?

Anyway, it's annoying to know they've been working on TNBT for 4 years now, and that all their employees know what it is... and we don't.

But I'll tell you what, when they release it it'll be worth the wait.
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

you_rebel_scum
x3tc

Post by you_rebel_scum » Tue, 14. Sep 10, 19:34

seems to me that w.e it is that they have planned was not possible 4 years ago and may have just been an idea, perhaps they have been waiting for the technology in gaming to advance to a level by which they can tackle the concept
Die-Hard...Suicidal Squid DiD
I was born free, but now I'm expensive!

rafaelskywalker
x3tc

Post by rafaelskywalker » Thu, 24. Feb 11, 13:30

Well, it's 2011 now, they've just released the X3TC 3.01 patch, saying that their efforts is directed towards this TNBT.
Despite being a bit obvious, I state sincerely that all I can hope for in this game, is what i've hoped for X3TC and unfortunatedly didn't happen, and in my oppinion really killed the great capabilities of the game: Make the game engine multicore capable dear Egosoft, please.

Shootist
x4

Post by Shootist » Thu, 24. Feb 11, 16:00

More than anything; please, please, please, stay away from consoles.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 24. Feb 11, 18:36

And one more thing, please don't dredge up six month old threads. :roll:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”