Deep Silver and Egosoft announce X Superbox

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Toastie
x3tc

Deep Silver and Egosoft announce X Superbox

Post by Toastie » Thu, 12. Aug 10, 21:55

Würselen/Planegg, Germany – In a further step to enhance and broaden the enjoyment of its X games titles, Germany-based software developer, EGOSOFT, and publisher Deep Silver today announced the forthcoming release of the X Superbox.

This compendium represents the full spectrum of EGOSOFT’s endeavours over the course of its PC games development history, stretching right back to the first X-series game, X- Beyond the Frontier, chronicling the adventures of Kyle Brennan in the X Universe and bringing that Universe’s story right up to date with the very latest version of X3: Terran Conflict, for which a new set of missions, entitled ‘Balance of Power’ has been specially developed.

The X Superbox contains the most up-to-date version of all of the X-series games, which have been updated to ensure compatibility with Microsoft Windows XP (SP2), Windows Vista (SP1) and Windows 7 (32 and 64-bit). All of these titles are also provided without DRM. A comprehensive contents and features list can be found below.

In addition to all of the X-series titles, the X Superbox also contains an all-new and exclusive X Encyclopedia, written by Helge Kautz, the author of Farnham’s Legend and other X Universe books. This 300-page encyclopedia, which covers historic events and personalities in the X Universe, amongst many other items of interest, represents the ultimate reference for all avid fans of the X-series of games.

EGOSOFT and Deep Silver are particularly proud to announce that the X Superbox will contain a bonus DVD that is bursting at the seams with additional content, most of which has been created and developed by players and fans of the X games, as well some other previously-unreleased exclusive bonus content added by EGOSOFT.

The community-created content includes guides, artwork, music, videos and modding tools as well as many of the most popular scripts and mods for X2: The Threat, X3: Reunion and X3: Terran Conflict. The scope and scale of this content is testament to the loyal dedication and the passion of the EGOSOFT gaming community.

The X Superbox will be available on general release in the UK, Scandinavia, Benelux, Australia, France and in the German-speaking countries on 08 October 2010. Click here to go to the EGOSOFT Online Shop and pre-order the X Superbox.

FEATURE LIST:

All games of the X Series in one box all updated to the latest version and with many new expansions. Including:

X: Beyond the Frontier:
  • Updated to version 2.2 with improved screen resolutions
    Languages: English (Voice+Text), German (Voice+Text)
X-TENSION
  • Updated to version 2.2 with improved screen resolutions
    Languages: English (Voice+Text), German (Voice+Text)
X2: The Threat
  • Updated to version 1.5 and includes UPLINK online ranking
    Languages: English (Voice+Text), German (Voice+Text), French (Text), Italian (Text)
X3: Reunion
  • Updated to version 2.5 and includes: "Bala Gi`s Research Missions" and UPLINK online ranking
    Languages: English (Voice+Text), German (Voice+Text), French (Voice + Text), Italian (Text)
X3: Terran Conflict
  • Updated to version 3.0 featuring all new: "Balance of Power" missions
    Includes all new: "Dead is Dead" mode (requires Steam online connection)
    Includes Steam online achievement system (requires Steam online connection)
    Includes "A New Home" and "Aldrin” mission sets"
    Includes UPLINK online ranking
    Languages: English (Voice+Text), German (Voice+Text), French (Voice + Text), Italian (Text), Spanish (Text)
All games are compatible with Windows XP (SP2+), Windows Vista (SP1+) and Windows 7 (32 and 64-bit) and feature no DRM.

All-new exclusive book: The X Encyclopedia
The ultimate compendium of X universe knowledge, written by Helge Kautz, author of Farnham’s Legend and many other books about the X universe. This 300-page encyclopedia covers historic events, technology, the important personalities and much much more.

Superbox BONUS DVD:
A collection of material created by EGOSOFT's fan community, bonus EGOSOFT content from previous collector's editions and bonus CDs, including exclusive, previously-unreleased material. This includes:
  • Many scripts and mods for X2: The Threat, X3: Reunion and X3: Terran Conflict
    "Plugin Manager" helps with installation and management of mods and scripts.
    MP3 Soundtrack
    Guides, walkthroughs and tutorials for beginners and advanced players alike.
    Artwork, fan-stories, screenshots, music and videos created by the community.
    Official Concept Art Collection.
    Many game-modding tools.
    And much more…
Short notice: Steam users now can download the encyclopedia from our download site under the section X-Superbox when they have purchased the box from steam and registered it on their forum profiles.

The_Hypo
x3tc

Post by The_Hypo » Mon, 16. Aug 10, 18:26

Nice! Been waiting ages for this :D

The X encyclopaedia sounds interesting, can't wait to get it.

Bye :)

Vanguard3000
x4

Post by Vanguard3000 » Mon, 16. Aug 10, 18:26

Whoa!

What about a North American release?

[edit] also, will the new mission for TC be released as a patch as well, or will it be exclusive to the superbox?

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Mon, 16. Aug 10, 18:33

It will be available as a patch as well.

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Mon, 16. Aug 10, 18:36

Sweet, I'll consider it an early birthday present for myself.

Like Vanguard3000, what about North America? But I'm not too concerned since I managed to get TC 1.0 upon released so I'm sure I'll be able to get this as well.

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Mon, 16. Aug 10, 18:37

I hate my country :( I have to wait till it gets here ,that means I'll have to read how people put their hands on that X Encyclopedia before me :( :lol:

Btw isn't that to cheap for a Super box.I mean all colectors editions cost over 50€ and this one costs les than a game :gruebel:

unknown1
x4

Post by unknown1 » Mon, 16. Aug 10, 18:45

amtct wrote:I hate my country :( I have to wait till it gets here ,that means I'll have to read how people put their hands on that X Encyclopedia before me :( :lol:

Btw isn't that to cheap for a Super box.I mean all colectors editions cost over 50€ and this one costs les than a game :gruebel:
same here pal...i also share the same discomfort about living in this country. no worry though we will get it eventualy..to bad i will have to wait a bit until i will properly play with it...because of my exams :lol: way to go egosoft

Vitez
xr

Post by Vitez » Mon, 16. Aug 10, 19:09

unknown1 wrote:
amtct wrote:I hate my country :( I have to wait till it gets here ,that means I'll have to read how people put their hands on that X Encyclopedia before me :( :lol:
same here pal...........to bad i will have to wait a bit until i will properly play with it...because of my exams :lol: way to go egosoft
Ditto on country and exams :x

The moment I saw the game in the EgoShop, I had an Xgasm :D - I fear the day when I'll get my hands on the box, because my head will Xplode :roll:

Dave500
x3tc

Post by Dave500 » Mon, 16. Aug 10, 19:18

:D Ordered! :D

Cheers guys. DD

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Mon, 16. Aug 10, 19:23

Dave500 wrote::D Ordered! :D
You to are on my hate list :D

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Mon, 16. Aug 10, 19:28

amtct wrote:
Dave500 wrote::D Ordered! :D
You to are on my hate list :D
In that case, Order'd as well! :D

Am I on the hate list now, amtct? :P

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Mon, 16. Aug 10, 19:32

Ordered (August 07, 2010) :P

So that is three copies sold.
Last edited by Terre on Mon, 16. Aug 10, 19:35, edited 1 time in total.

Dantrithor
x3tc

Post by Dantrithor » Mon, 16. Aug 10, 19:35

I'm getting it as soon as I am guaranteed I'll keep the job I have been offered. It actually should be by October :D

And I guess the date for the 3.0 patch is the 8th October too? Or will it have a delay on web publishing to encourage the superpack sales?

amtct
x3ap

Re: Deep Silver and Egosoft announce X Superbox

Post by amtct » Mon, 16. Aug 10, 19:35

Toastie wrote:And much more…
Is that the demo or the TNBT's trailer ?

imperium3
x3tc

Post by imperium3 » Mon, 16. Aug 10, 19:47

Ah, I would preorder it but I don't have my new address for October yet... :(

So I'll drool over this thread for a month, then order it when I do! :D

Also:
amtct wrote:Is that the demo or the TNBT's trailer ?
Probably nothing to do with TNBT as in my opinion Ego would be wiser to hold off any info about that until the Superbox sells, otherwise it could ruin their sales.

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Mon, 16. Aug 10, 19:53

Terre wrote:Ordered (August 07, 2010) :P

August 7th??? Been playing with the time machine again Terre? :wink:

It'd be cool if a demo/trailer of TNBT is included. Let the masses begin drooling, ES building up the hype, and so forth.

you_rebel_scum
x3tc

Post by you_rebel_scum » Mon, 16. Aug 10, 20:17

Nice!

Will steam auto update for us to 3.0 on 8th of Oct?

Or will patch be released later, if so i'll go and get it in the shops, but prob get it anyway later on when i get paid. Just looks like too cool of a collection to miss out on.
Last edited by you_rebel_scum on Mon, 16. Aug 10, 20:30, edited 1 time in total.
Die-Hard...Suicidal Squid DiD
I was born free, but now I'm expensive!

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Mon, 16. Aug 10, 20:17

I hope you're all duly proud of this achievement.

Just to clarify; is the encyclopedia in English in the 'English' version?
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Mon, 16. Aug 10, 20:26

Deadbeat_Spinn wrote:
Terre wrote:Ordered (August 07, 2010) :P

August 7th??? Been playing with the time machine again Terre? :wink:
Amazon let the cat out of the bag early.

Have a look at the date of the post. - Link

Amazon are still saying "September 17".

Edit: Added link
Last edited by Terre on Mon, 16. Aug 10, 20:32, edited 3 times in total.

travisdh1
x3tc

Post by travisdh1 » Mon, 16. Aug 10, 20:29

Vanguard3000 wrote:What about a North American release?
I sure hope it'll be available. I don't suppose those of us across the pond can purchase the English version from the EgoSoft store?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”