[SCR] Memia Crystal Free SPP (V2 - 06/08/2010)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

memia
x3tc

[SCR] Memia Crystal Free SPP (V2 - 06/08/2010)

Post by memia » Sat, 7. Aug 10, 01:53

Memia Crystal Free SPP
An plugin for Terran Conflict that allows a Solar Power Plant to be reconfigured to run without needing Crystals.

Background
The NPC Solar Power Plants in Terran Conflict do not require Crystals to produce Energy Cells. Naturally, Solar Power Plants should only require solar power to produce energy.

To redress this, I produced this plugin to remove the Crystal requirement from any player-owned SPP.
I know this script has been done before but I couldn't download the other ones so I decided to make my own.

How to Use
A new command "Memia Crystal Free SPP" has been added to the "Custom" ship command menu.

Select the command, and then select an owned Solar Power Plant. The Solar Power Plant will no longer require Crystals and will produce Energy Cells without it.

Note that the output from the SPP is not affected by this plugin (it does not reduce the output to 10 or 20 Energy Cells).

Installation
To use, simply install the SPK.

Download
Download the SPK from here:
[ external image ]

Version History
Version 2 (06.08.2010)
Change to use correct text file ID (7850).

Version 1 (27.07.2010)
Initial Release

Resources used
Command ID: 7850
Text file: 7850
Last edited by memia on Wed, 21. Nov 12, 13:11, edited 1 time in total.
A security system is only as strong as its weakest link

Troubleshooter11
x4

Post by Troubleshooter11 » Sat, 7. Aug 10, 02:02

Question: does installing the plugin on a SPP cost any credits?

xfir01
x3tc

Post by xfir01 » Sat, 7. Aug 10, 02:05

*scans code*

no.

memia
x3tc

Post by memia » Sat, 7. Aug 10, 02:06

Troubleshooter11 wrote:Question: does installing the plugin on a SPP cost any credits?
I've set it up so that it doesn't cost anything.

I realise some other scripts do actually make a charge for this service, but I feel that as the NPC stations do not require Crystals that it is fair that the player stations also do not need them.

However, I'm sure I can add that feature if people would like it.

M

Troubleshooter11
x4

Post by Troubleshooter11 » Sat, 7. Aug 10, 02:06

xfir01 wrote:*scans code*

no.

xfir01
x3tc

Post by xfir01 » Sat, 7. Aug 10, 02:41

memia wrote:I've set it up so that it doesn't cost anything.

I realise some other scripts do actually make a charge for this service, but I feel that as the NPC stations do not require Crystals that it is fair that the player stations also do not need them.

However, I'm sure I can add that feature if people would like it.

M
lol...I've got this image in my head of a pop up asking for a donation to the "Crystal Children's Orphen Fund" when you use this. Allow the player to set their own price for setting it up.

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Sat, 7. Aug 10, 06:17

X3:TC/AP Pirate Guild 3 - Yaki Armada 2 - Anarkis Defense System

Anarkis Gaming HQ
Independent Game Development
X3 Scripting and Modding Station

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sat, 7. Aug 10, 08:27

Mimicry is the sincerest form of flattery? =)
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Sat, 7. Aug 10, 10:58

Hehe, my first reaction to this was along the same lines. "Isn't this exactly the same as SK's except it doesn't cost CR's?". Well, the idea, look, feel may be similar but it serves a purpose for some.

People who (dare to) open the script editor and do it themselves would've just downloaded SK's and edited out the money part. But there are enough people out there who only want to install scripts and play, and this is for them I guess.

To Memia, if this script was built on SK's idea except you wanted one that does not cost anything I reckon it'd be nice to mention SK in the info-text as a courtesy-nod :)

Scripting is fun, and we all for the most part start out simple. Have fun, and good luck!

memia
x3tc

Post by memia » Sat, 7. Aug 10, 11:12

xfir01 wrote:lol...I've got this image in my head of a pop up asking for a donation to the "Crystal Children's Orphen Fund" when you use this. Allow the player to set their own price for setting it up.
Lol nice idea. Maybe thats the way to go :)
Gazz wrote:Mimicry is the sincerest form of flattery? =)
xiriod wrote:Hehe, my first reaction to this was along the same lines. "Isn't this exactly the same as SK's except it doesn't cost CR's?". Well, the idea, look, feel may be similar but it serves a purpose for some.

People who (dare to) open the script editor and do it themselves would've just downloaded SK's and edited out the money part. But there are enough people out there who only want to install scripts and play, and this is for them I guess.

To Memia, if this script was built on SK's idea except you wanted one that does not cost anything I reckon it'd be nice to mention SK in the info-text as a courtesy-nod :)

Scripting is fun, and we all for the most part start out simple. Have fun, and good luck!
Er... oops :oops:
I didn't realise there was a working one out there already when I wrote this.
It's not based on anyone else's code, I wrote it from scratch (it was the first script I made) but it clearly is the same as Serial Kicked's script, which already includes a charge for the service.

I got the idea to make the script from LazCorp's Crystal Free SPP (which I was never able to download). I couldn't find another hence the script.

Apologies for posting yet another Crystal Free SPP script, I'll take this one offline and redirect to SK's script (with his permission?).

Thanks,
M

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Sat, 7. Aug 10, 11:26

memia wrote:Apologies for posting yet another Crystal Free SPP script, I'll take this one offline and redirect to SK's script (with his permission?).
Personally I think you can just let it be as it is, as some people do want just this kind of script without having to edit themselves. And if Laz's is down, then this is the only viable choice for them. But, you decide :)

memia
x3tc

Post by memia » Wed, 21. Nov 12, 13:11

Hi All,
Apologies that the download links went offline. My old site got taken down by a DoS attack on the server it was hosted by.

I've got a new site online and have updated the original download links.

The new site is available at http://www.memiasx.com.

I would appreciate it if other links to my downloads are now removed (although I totally understand why people provided them).

Thanks,
M

memia
x3tc

Re: [SCR] Memia Crystal Free SPP (V2 - 06/08/2010)

Post by memia » Thu, 2. Jan 20, 13:31

This plugin and the source code is now available on my GitHub at the following location:

https://github.com/memiamap/X3TCMods

The code is under the MIT license so you may copy and modify as required.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”