TNBT who posted the link I saw a few days ago

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Palladin888
x3tc

TNBT who posted the link I saw a few days ago

Post by Palladin888 » Tue, 3. Aug 10, 01:36

I saw a link the other day about this and would like to see it again so i can bookmark it. I would also love to get a shot at beta if possible.
X3TC Vanilla with bonus pack
Start: Terran Defender
Terran plot complete
Goner plot complete
New Home plot at 50,000,000 credits step
Operation Final Furry on last step.

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Tue, 3. Aug 10, 02:53

The only way I think you're going to get access to a beta of the TNBT is to be affilated with EgoSoft, that's assuming there's even a beta.

Zaixionito
x4

Post by Zaixionito » Tue, 3. Aug 10, 03:26

Deadbeat_Spinn wrote:The only way I think you're going to get access to a beta of the TNBT is to be affilated with EgoSoft, that's assuming there's even a beta.
Mind telling a newb what TNBT is? The next big thing? Or something unique to this site?

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Tue, 3. Aug 10, 03:32

TNBT: The Next Big Thing.

EgoSoft has been keeping a very tight lid on what their next game is, the only thing that is known about it is that it's a space sim game.

I'm hoping a demo (playable or not) will be revealed when the SuperBox get released.
Last edited by Deadbeat_Spinn on Tue, 3. Aug 10, 03:34, edited 1 time in total.

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Tue, 3. Aug 10, 03:34

Zaixionito wrote: Mind telling a newb what TNBT is? The next big thing? Or something unique to this site?
The next big thing is a thing that makes the things to be things only using things . :wink:

If you want something unique about this site ...well ,read the game credits and then come here and look at some people usernames. :roll:

Nafensoriel
x4

Post by Nafensoriel » Tue, 3. Aug 10, 03:42

I'd actually prefer to not see a demo since they typically equate to losing development time for features in the full release. That is why many companies now release demos post release rather than at the time of release. Saves on costs and reduces stress on the workers.

Either way Egosoft has better security than Fort Knox when it comes to TNBT. I kinda like the suspense.. it builds better hype than any amount of flashy screenshots ever could :).
"A Tradition is only as good as it's ability to change." Nael

Palladin888
x3tc

Post by Palladin888 » Tue, 3. Aug 10, 03:58

Well the link that i looked at about 3 days ago said it was a space game similar to 3X but was going to be an MMO. I did not look to closely at the info though. Who knows it vary well could have been a bogus link.
Terran plot complete
Goner plot complete

frymaster
x4

Post by frymaster » Tue, 3. Aug 10, 04:01

if you mean http://www.online-universe.net/

it's not bogus

it's also not very new - it represents a long-term goal of egosoft's and hasn't been updated in years
Math problems? Call 0800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Palladin888
x3tc

Post by Palladin888 » Tue, 3. Aug 10, 04:05

yepper that's the link I was talking about.
Terran plot complete
Goner plot complete

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Tue, 3. Aug 10, 05:12

And like i don't recall who said, it has been "Duke Nukem Forevered"

(i'm gonna use this instead of vaporware from now on :mrgreen:)
X3:TC/AP Pirate Guild 3 - Yaki Armada 2 - Anarkis Defense System

Anarkis Gaming HQ
Independent Game Development
X3 Scripting and Modding Station

efernal
x3tc

Post by efernal » Tue, 3. Aug 10, 05:31

Could say it has been UOXED. Just like good ole Duke UO2 has alot of game files already written and stored on hard drive somewhere never to be used. If I ever become Super rich I will buy the rights and turn it into freeware. To help me become rich send money, Red Bull, beer, and baby products to me. The baby stuff is no joke! It cost alot to have a kid no less 2 of them. :D
Those Damn alien bastards are gonna pay for blowing up my ride!
--Duke Nukem 3D

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Tue, 3. Aug 10, 13:42

Palladin888 wrote:yepper that's the link I was talking about.
Which is not at all related with TNBT anyways...

efernal
x3tc

Post by efernal » Tue, 3. Aug 10, 16:05

Don't leak non misguided info on these boards! Let them think that is TNBT.

:lol:
--Duke Nukem 3D

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 3. Aug 10, 19:40

Serial Kicked wrote:And like i don't recall who said, it has been "Duke Nukem Forevered"

(i'm gonna use this instead of vaporware from now on :mrgreen:)
I prefer the term 'Elite 4'ed'. Seems more appropriate to this forum somehow. :lol:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

softweir
xr

Post by softweir » Tue, 3. Aug 10, 21:08

The only hard info we have about The Next best Thing was a mention in the X-Universe News back in APRIL. (Click on to "Day in the life of...")

Not that the fact they are working on a next best thing amounts to "hard" info!
My new fave game (while waiting for Rebirth) - Kerbal Space Program

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 3. Aug 10, 21:32

If you want to be among the first to see anything of TNBT then join the L3 Beta testers.

atm nothing has been released though,and if it had,I would not be able to tell you about. :P

efernal
x3tc

Post by efernal » Tue, 3. Aug 10, 22:16

softweir wrote:The only hard info we have about The Next best Thing was a mention in the X-Universe News back in APRIL
Ok so it most Likely not an X game but a space game of some sort & it will have multicore support! A space game with multicore support. That last part is the most exciting for me.
--Duke Nukem 3D

silenced
x4

Post by silenced » Tue, 3. Aug 10, 22:21

Well, after X follows Y ...
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ... I've heard it all before ... you're saying nothing new ... I thought I saw a rainbow ... but I guess it wasn't true ... you cannot make me listen ... I cannot make you hear ... you find your way to heaven ... I'll meet you when you're there ...

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Wed, 4. Aug 10, 06:20

Or W, as there's a lot of prequels in the gaming world these days :p
X3:TC/AP Pirate Guild 3 - Yaki Armada 2 - Anarkis Defense System

Anarkis Gaming HQ
Independent Game Development
X3 Scripting and Modding Station

Jonson27
x2

Post by Jonson27 » Wed, 4. Aug 10, 10:52

efernal wrote:
softweir wrote:The only hard info we have about The Next best Thing was a mention in the X-Universe News back in APRIL
Ok so it most Likely not an X game but a space game of some sort & it will have multicore support! A space game with multicore support. That last part is the most exciting for me.
Hell-o ya! They need to add multi-core support to X. That would be AWESOME.

I hope the rumor about it being an mmo is wrong. You can't mod an mmo. Now, if they allowed players to mod their own online universes that have a separate database and set of scripts then I might go along with it. Otherwise, an mmo would be like a nail in the coffin for single player X. I say that because in single player the emphasis is on a world that's 99 AI, and 1 player. That encourages innovation. (And you can mod your own rules because you're not playing with other players.)

And the time they spend doing multi-player could instead be spent making planets you explore or allowing us to walk around in the spaceships in first-person. I think those kinds of features would be great to have as alternative styles of gameplay. That's what's great about X. You play it your way. If you don't like how the developers did something, you can change it. That's X.

I don't think every developers wet dream has to be about an online universe.

Quotes are from:
http://www.egosoft.com/x/xnews/201004_1_44News.html
Whenever a fast PC is available at the office, I use it to test TNBT and measure where the code is spending all those precious CPU cycles. Nowadays measuring the performance of a game is not what is used to be "in the old days". Every gaming rig has more than a single CPU core, so tuning is not just optimizing cycles, but also optimizing concurrency.
So this is saying it will have multi-core support.
TNBT development has already been on-going since 2006 and it was always our intention to really reinvent space games for the better. So when reading feedback about Terran Conflict or Reunion now it unfortunately cannot easily be applied to TNBT.
For me that's bad news because that mans it's going to be different probably for the sake of being different. To me, don't fix it if it ain't broken. They want to fix it until it's broken?

It's not my intention in this post to be scathing. But the developer sounds kind of like he's passed his prime and inventing a bunch of excuses like so many people do as they grow older and assume new responsibilities. I think some companies get tired of making the same title. So what do they do? They change it to have fun again. The problem is that the rest of us are forced to abandon the previous games unless we want to be stuck with old rusted parts. At that point, the ones who preferred the game before it was changed for the pleasure of the game owners, they have to go somewhere else. So the developer loses them and pins its hopes on getting new people. Happens all the time.

And that's a shame because you end up throwing away a lot of perfectly good parts. Things that represent hundred and thousands of developer hours. Just thrown away because someone had a change of heart - like a little child (or an old man making excuses). To me it represent a loss.

Here's my plea if all of this is true. Release the source code of X2 and X3 so that those old parts won't go to waste. A young generation will have at it. Do whatever you want in TNBT. Thanks.

By Gamers for Gamers. By Old Men for Old Men.
Hello there!! (Jumping up and down)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”