[TC] Acquiring an Agamemnon

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BigMistake
x3tc

Acquiring an Agamemnon

Post by BigMistake » Tue, 16. Feb 10, 22:52

I've been reading... I should say that PBGs, aka flamethrowers, have to be my favorite weapon of this game. I put them on anything I can... I even had them on the main guns of my super-charged Hyperion from my Poisoned Paranid save. So when I read about PSGs, I thought that they sounded like a blast to play with. (Anything described as 2kms of death sounds like fun. :twisted: ) I poked around eng.x3tc.ru looking for a good Paranid ship to test them on and I decided on acquiring my first Agamemnon.

So, after my winded intro I come to my question, where and what is the best place/way to acquire an Aggy?

I have Marines trained and ready, a Cobra fueled and loaded, and an undying hate of the three-eyes... I heard of a blind spot that a M6 can exploit but I am unsure if my Skiron is up for the task of def killing with Ion D's. Plus, I've also read that this thing is hard to find alone out of a Paranid home territory.

The biggest issue I have with capping this M7 is that I have several Chip plants in Paranid territory helping me out with the Hub plot and I don't want to expose them to any risk.

Anyone have any advise for this troubled pirate-turned-businessman? :pirat:

Catra

Post by Catra » Tue, 16. Feb 10, 23:05

skiron might get roasted if you aint careful :P

id try around the southern paranid areas, theres a pirate sector inbetween third redemption and priest refuge, might also wander into perp sin and clarity's end(both are usually very empty). catching a group going to attack the pirates at heavens assertion's south gate is also very good, that sector is huge, might take a long while for reinforcements to arrive :P

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 16. Feb 10, 23:12

You could just buy a Deimos if all you want to do is test PSGs...

BigMistake
x3tc

Post by BigMistake » Tue, 16. Feb 10, 23:20

But I wanted to test the PSGs in style... plus I'm still working Ore for the Hub plot and as I stupidly finished all the other plots before the Hub I am bored off my a$$. (I still have the Aldrin mission from the TC plot to do but I am waiting until my marines are ready to... "barrow" the Deca.) lol I'll setup some Sat.s and see if I can't find me a lonely Aggy.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 17. Feb 10, 01:26

If you have an undying hatred of those three-eyes, then what's the worry about supporting ships around the Aggy? Simply take an M8 or M7M in and forcefully remove all obstructions to your capture. :paranid: -> :skull: = :fg:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

BigMistake
x3tc

Post by BigMistake » Wed, 17. Feb 10, 01:28

I can't let my war dogs off the leash yet... once I no longer need the three-eyes... all bets are off.

Draekros
xr

Post by Draekros » Wed, 17. Feb 10, 02:00

Stick some Adv Nav Sats in Desecrated Skies and Moo-Kye's Revenge, Aggys tend to wander through those sectors with reasonable frequency (at least in my game). The problem seems to be that they don't wander out again very often... must be some nasty pirates around :pirat:

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Wed, 17. Feb 10, 02:53

Check the military outposts in Paranid space. Patrols tend to be owned by the military outposts and the station info will tell you what ships they own and where they are :twisted:

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Wed, 21. Apr 10, 02:11

I'm very very glad I capped my Aggy pre 2.5, I found it's great vs Corvettes- PSGs strip their shields well, and IBLs in the front battery finish them off very nicely.

It's best to stick adv. navsats in as many Paranid sectors you can find, they usually appear near the top of the list in the sector.

qka1

egg

Post by qka1 » Tue, 3. Aug 10, 00:53

those paranid ship spawn location r at the unknow sector above Duke citidel,i alway saw them spawn there when i mine nividium,guess it must be there only spawn location

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 3. Aug 10, 00:59

Please don't resurrect old, old threads like this.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”