Terran Revitalization Project (TRP) - 11/26/2013 - Stealing Logi 1.4 FR

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Mon, 2. Aug 10, 19:52

Topcross wrote:Also, tbh I doubt Terran would allow any kind of Pirate Base in their sectors as they are 'kinda freaky when it comes to security' :D. Therefor maybe you should rename the Pirate Base to special some kind of Terran organisation, like you have to cooporations in the commonwealth.
Built into the code already :wink: Sorry to be cryptic. You will just have to wait and see.

Topcross
x3tc

Post by Topcross » Mon, 2. Aug 10, 19:54

eldyranx3 wrote:
Topcross wrote:Also, tbh I doubt Terran would allow any kind of Pirate Base in their sectors as they are 'kinda freaky when it comes to security' :D. Therefor maybe you should rename the Pirate Base to special some kind of Terran organisation, like you have to cooporations in the commonwealth.
Built into the code already :wink: Sorry to be cryptic. You will just have to wait and see.
Alright, don't mean to be annoying or anything, it's just I'd like to stick with the lore as much as possible :D (only reason I don't want the ever so conviniant jump gates, you will have to give me a better reason why they use them again first:p)

You didn't answer to my other questions/remarks btw. :p

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Mon, 2. Aug 10, 20:36

Topcross wrote:Alright, don't mean to be annoying or anything, it's just I'd like to stick with the lore as much as possible :D (only reason I don't want the ever so conviniant jump gates, you will have to give me a better reason why they use them again first:p)

Never said you were. I think Plot / Universe integration is very important, hence the change of ATF Shipyard v4 vs v5 ATF Rep gain. I'd love to use Terran gate models, but as stated before, I need to see how to spawn them and get them to behave. Im pretty new to this scripting business myself :)

Adding new sectors is probably a Mod. I'll probably adjust the position of that SSP L plant in Neptune. Balancing the Terran Economy (as it sits now) will be much trial and error, without adding more end products. Once I get it stable, expect end product expansion.

I hope that answers most of your questions.

Alexfighter

Post by Alexfighter » Mon, 2. Aug 10, 20:36

Hi. I'm starting to try these scripts, and I noticed that I don't see the text in the AL Plugin menu for the Terran Pirate Base.

It appears as ReadText8459-10 . As a matter of fact, I don't have any 8459 "t-file"

Topcross
x3tc

Post by Topcross » Mon, 2. Aug 10, 20:40

eldyranx3 wrote:
Topcross wrote:Alright, don't mean to be annoying or anything, it's just I'd like to stick with the lore as much as possible :D (only reason I don't want the ever so conviniant jump gates, you will have to give me a better reason why they use them again first:p)

Never said you were. I think Plot / Universe integration is very important, hence the change of ATF Shipyard v4 vs v5 ATF Rep gain. I'd love to use Terran gate models, but as stated before, I need to see how to spawn them and get them to behave. Im pretty new to this scripting business myself :)

Adding new sectors is probably a Mod. I'll probably adjust the position of that SSP L plant in Neptune. Balancing the Terran Economy (as it sits now) will be much trial and error, without adding more end products. Once I get it stable, expect end product expansion.

I hope that answers most of your questions.
If you want, I'm willing to help test or come up with some extra solutions to help give the Terran economy a boost. :)

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Mon, 2. Aug 10, 20:41

Alexfighter wrote:Hi. I'm starting to try these scripts, and I noticed that I don't see the text in the AL Plugin menu for the Terran Pirate Base. It appears as ReadText8459-10 . As a matter of fact, I don't have any 8459 "t-file"
Uninstall and try re-downloading. I'm not at my desktop atm, so I cant see the names of all the xml's that should be in the SPK. If re-downloading doesnt fix, send me a PM tomorrow with your email address, and I'll see about emailing you a SPK.

Troubleshooter11
x4

Post by Troubleshooter11 » Mon, 2. Aug 10, 20:53

Topcross wrote:
I actually mentioned the shield fabs first, but whatever :p
Yup he did mention it first, full credit to him :)

Topcross
x3tc

Post by Topcross » Mon, 2. Aug 10, 20:54

Troubleshooter11 wrote:
Topcross wrote:
I actually mentioned the shield fabs first, but whatever :p
Yup he did mention it first, full credit to him :)
Lol , I honestly don't care about credit, I'm glad someone is finaly making an effort to balance Terran economy (as far as I know of it's not realy tried before) and I just want to help a bit if possible. :)

Troubleshooter11
x4

Post by Troubleshooter11 » Mon, 2. Aug 10, 20:57

eldyranx3 wrote:Looking into the NPC Terran Shield Complexes, I can:

1) Script in Argon [Heavy] [Medium] [Light] Shield Complexes and change the names and owner race, remove Meatsteaks as Primary Resources, and add in MRE's intead.

PRO: The Shield Fab matches what Betty Says (Heavy Shield ... Production Complex ...)
PRO: Added space for resources (Acts as two factories joined as a complex)
CON: The model for the complex looks like it belongs in the Commonwealth.

2) Script in the Terran (Player built) M/AM Launcher Forge, remove the Launcher as a product, and add in Shields instead.

CON: The Shield Fab doesn't match what Betty Says (This station manufactures ... matter ... antimatter launcher)
CON: Crampt space for MRE's
PRO: The model for the complex looks like it belongs in Terran Space.

Thoughts?
I vote for the 2nd option

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Tue, 3. Aug 10, 05:18

Confirmed issue with the ??? Terran Pirate Base v1.1 SPK missing its Tfiles. Repackaged and uploaded. Please uninstall and reinstall the new SPK.

Thanks to Alexfighter for pointing this issue out!

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Fri, 13. Aug 10, 17:55

Terran Economic Stimulus v1.2 - Changed to an AL Plugin using t-file 8460, preventing GoD from removing added stations. Also included several missing Terran Shield Complexes, and added (1) MRE and (1) Ore Mine L to compensate the Terran Economy.

Known Issue: Betty will call the Terran Shield Complexes 'M/AM Launcher Fabs'. This cannot be changed without modding the game.

Troubleshooter11
x4

Post by Troubleshooter11 » Fri, 13. Aug 10, 17:56

Terran station defence and patrol sector missions would be nice i think, if thats possible.

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Fri, 13. Aug 10, 17:57

TOA to Jump Gate v1.3 - Adjusted call script setup, reducing game engine overhead.

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Fri, 13. Aug 10, 18:01

Troubleshooter11 wrote:Terran station defence and patrol sector missions would be nice i think, if thats possible.
Im just now getting into Modding. The Mission Director doesnt look too, hard and it should be relatively easy to add Terrans to the list of stations offering those missions. A better question would be: who would Terrans defend against?

Troubleshooter11
x4

Post by Troubleshooter11 » Fri, 13. Aug 10, 18:02

eldyranx3 wrote:
Troubleshooter11 wrote:Terran station defence and patrol sector missions would be nice i think, if thats possible.
Im just now getting into Modding. The Mission Director doesnt look too, hard and it should be relatively easy to add Terrans to the list of stations offering those missions. A better question would be: who would Terrans defend against?
*points at the Terran plot involving Xenon popping up and attacking stuff*

*points at the new gates your addon installed, allowing xenon to more easily invade terran space*

:D

EDIT: installed your updated TOA-to-gate and stimulus packages btw :) nice work!

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Fri, 13. Aug 10, 18:16

Thanks Troubleshooter11. Please let me know how the non-dynamic Bio fabs work out in the TRP development thread. There is still an unbalanced need for Protein Paste, but the station refills itself if it ever gets destroyed.

There shouldn't be an issue with going from v1.1 to v1.2, as the script checks the previous station to see if it exists before adding / replacing another.

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Sat, 14. Aug 10, 11:21

Terran Economic Stimulus v1.2.1 - Identified an issue where a glitch in the script compiled through the X3TC External Script Editor would continuously spawn the SPP L added to Neptune.

After leaving the game on SETA for (4) Game Days, I only lost (2) XL SPP's and about (1) Weapon and (2) Missile Fabs. GoD spawned (1) Weapon and (1) Missile Fabs to replace them. I consider that a good indication of stability.

If anyone wants to do Extended Testing out to (10) Game Days, let me know how it turns out.

Coincidently, I also uncovered an odd bug in the ??? Terran Pirate Base script, where it wont get destroyed if it spawns in the Oort Cloud, but works fine anywhere else :shock: Expect me to pull that one down while I figure out the special brand of stupidity thats causing it.

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Sat, 14. Aug 10, 12:44

USC Merchant Marines v1.0 - Adds 25% more transports to Terran Space. In addition, these military transports are over-tuned to 210 m/s and have maximized cargo holds. They only transport Energy or Bio goods, helping to maintain constant production of MREs and C-Rations.

eldyranx3
xr

Post by eldyranx3 » Wed, 18. Aug 10, 18:33

Terran MOB (Main Operating Base) v1.0 - Adds a Terran Main Operating Base in the far reaches of the Oort Cloud, offering semi-permanent Weapon and Missile Fabs that receive continual resupply.

Every Terran station in the farthest Terran Unknown Sector receives a random amount of wares every game hour. USC and ATF commanders should take note that it may take several hours to fill the stock, and NPC weapon merchants have also been informed of this new source of weapons and missiles.

This script is mainly for those who don't wish to build their own Terran supply stations or attempt to fix the Terran Economy.

Varek Raith
xr

Post by Varek Raith » Wed, 18. Aug 10, 23:22

eldyranx3 wrote:USC Merchant Marines v1.0 - Adds 25% more transports to Terran Space. In addition, these military transports are over-tuned to 210 m/s and have maximized cargo holds. They only transport Energy or Bio goods, helping to maintain constant production of MREs and C-Rations.
Did you see this? Scroll to the bottom.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... &start=120
Small Update:

Having had some time to play through a real game with Unleashed's modified flights, I am of the firm opinion that part of the reason the Terran economy fails is due to traffic congestion. There *are* Terran traders that traffic in their different wares, and they *are* actively flying in their space. But due to the huge number of Vanilla-based flights in their space traveling through gates (traders, military, etc), there is constant backup and queueing for gate travel. Kudos to vkerinav for cluing me into this - I can confirm it is happening in even a Vanilla TC game and needs to be addressed. What that does is force traders to queue up outside gate space, sometimes for 10+ minutes while military forces or other traders try to fly through. It took me 5-10 minutes personally on more than one occasion with the autopilot running.

The next changes to the mod (that will be included in the v1 release package) will have changes to Terran military and traders. That includes wings for their military, which further complicate the issue. I will be attempting to keep their power curve while reducing total flights, and the amount of wandering through gates they perform. Additionally, they will have their number of traders re-reduced to assist with traffic control, while their tunings will remain high. Additionally, race military levels in sectors with Military Bases needs to be adjusted, due to the high number of flights there that drop FPS regularly (sometimes to a slideshow).

I have yet to check Aldrin space (haven't hit the quests in my game for it yet), so if anyone has feedback on RC2 and Aldrin economy, I'd love to hear it.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”